Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Jack Sparrow
Oh shite! sad.gif
samira
The man how saved the game in Ghana - Urugauy is back !!
Suarez wink.gif
I was just kidning tongue.gif Klose is not going to start but Muller is also back.
Lahm is not playing either replaced byt Aogo

edit: Uruguays coach: "sayed we are not just here to beat Germany, we are here to prove that octopus(Paul) is wrong, everthing is possible in football."
6 minute in to the game and allready two yellow in Germany..
CHU-LIP
Wow, that should have been red instead of yellow (Aogo)... disgusting...

Anyone else noticed in the tunnel Suárez being emotional? He looks very motivated for this match.
samira
He should, thanks to him they came this far.

Sneijder Muller & Villa 5 goals,
Klose and Forlan 4 goals.
Klose can make history.
samira
why why why !?
Muller 1-0 ... WHY MUSLERA !?
Darunia
Cavani goal 1-1
samira
1-1, suck on that Paul

Linkman
Klose musn't score! C'mon Muslera!
samira
He's not playing tongue.gif
1-1 HT. We must prove that paul the octopus is wrong !!!
kurtsimonw
Muskets looks horrible (I stick to my James comparison!). The Suarez boos are embarassing.
kurtsimonw
Forlan!
samira
how beautiful is that !?
and my friends call me Forlan on the field biggrin.gif !
lovely game, wonderful, and he is injury and still he is .. wow !
Suarez plays good but does not shoot as well as Forlan.
kurtsimonw
Muslera again. rolleyes.gif
samira
Jansen.. oh dear god ! shoot me.
The defenders doesn't trust the goalkeeper..
typical Muslera I guess. dry.gif

thanks Perez, he was really on fire tonight

3-2 cry.gif
kurtsimonw
Khedira 3-2.

Tops off a wonderful tournement for him.
samira
Last chance and it hits the bar, the freaking bar.
Fillipo Simone
Thank you Muslera, single-handedly gifted Germany the bronze. Just like Kurt said, he's a lost case.
Zed.D
What a horror show from Muslera! he had done reasonably well until before this game but ruined it all tonight.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2010, 11:54 PM) *
Thank you Muslera, single-handedly gifted Germany the bronze. Just like Kurt said, he's a lost case.

If it weren't for his penalty saves vs Ghana Uruguay wouldn't be playing this game anyway...

Lost case (cause)? don't make me laugh.
Locke Lamora
Looks like nothing can stand before the mighty Paul... any chance of bribing him, you think?
samira
God, I would like to eat him to dinner.. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 10 2010, 10:51 PM) *
If it weren't for his penalty saves vs Ghana Uruguay wouldn't be playing this game anyway...

I don't think the two penalty saves were something special, but anyway that gives him zero excuse for the two goals he gifted today.

Case. Why would you laugh? I also think Muslera is a James kind keeper who'll be exactly in the same position in 10 or 15 years: one day a hero the next day a tragedy. He has at least two obvious week points, which is too many for a keeper who should be on such a high level.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2010, 03:29 PM) *
He has at least two obvious weak points, which is too many for a keeper who should be on such a high level.

Heck, Dida had the same thing (namely crosses and coming off his line) and stuck around at Milan for ten years. Don't feed Muslera to the lions just yet.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 10 2010, 09:51 PM) *

He's good at penalties.. so what, that doesn't make a good keeper. David James to Villa to the only FA Cup Final I've lived to see with a 4-1 shootout win.. he then routinely made a mess of the Final gifting the opposition a goal. Okay, so this wasn't a Final, but Muslera was at fault for 2 goals (Though you could be cynical and say all 3, the corner for the 3rd came accross the 6-yard box which you argue he should be catching).
Zed.D
^^
I think a World Cup third place game against Germany was perhaps too much for him, the pouring rain didn't help any... this game aside he had a solid tournament IMO. but you're the one who says Casillas is crap, I don't expect you to agree with me wink.gif

I don't think the two penalty saves were something special

Please... penalty saves are always important and valuable no matter how they're done (especially in World Cup KO stages). he's proven time and time again that he's a top penalty saver. if you don't think he will be a top GK, fine. just don't try to write him off at something he's proven to be special at.
Fillipo Simone
Okay, what the hack, he is a magnificent penalty saver. In the end, Uruguay can congratulate him for the 4th spot.

Btw. let's stop talking about Musl, and focuse on the things that are evidentially good - like Forlán or Perez. I was impressed by Perez's work rate and effort. He's IMO one of the best DM's this tournament.
LaPalma
Muslera is horrible. He's the south american version of Ricardo. Good as penalty saver, really horrible at everything else....I hate that match for third place anyway.

Btw, Chu-Lip, is it true that alcohol is prohibited in the entire Netherlands till tuesday because of the final?

CHU-LIP
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 11 2010, 11:46 AM) *
Btw, Chu-Lip, is it true that alcohol is prohibited in the entire Netherlands till tuesday because of the final?

edit:

Only in trains and the stations, only on Tuesday.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 11 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Only in/on metro/train (stations).

Why?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 11 2010, 12:58 PM) *
Why?

Tuesday is the 'huldiging', how to say in English? You know, celebrating you won the World Cup.. (if they win)

By the way, only on Tuesday because of that, and only in trains and the stations there is an alcohol ban.
Zed.D
I don't really know which team I'm supporting tonight. kind of torn between the two. I think Spain have been the better team but Holland have lost 2 finals before and it'd suck if they lost another. I wish both could win!

I hope whoever wins, it's deserved. hopefully there'll be no ref'ing mistakes, headbutts, etc.
Jack Sparrow
Shakira looks a million bucks....

Here we go....Hup Holland Hup!!!
Fishdoll
Interesting. No Torres in the starting XI for Spain. Instead it's Pedro.
Zed.D
For me it's Pedro > Torres
Fishdoll
ESPN sure seems to favor the Netherlands - all the features and little stories are about them. They must not like the octopus!
Fishdoll
Halftime, 0-0.

Nigel De Jong is a very lucky boy to still be on the pitch. Karate kick to Xabi Alonso's chest. Tsk.

Quite why the Dutch have picked Busquets to keep fouling is beyond me.
Fillipo Simone
What a interesting match...seems like the WC will end in the same manner it started. Almost all finals don't display great matches, but this is even below the expected. Just boring and hard to watch.
samira
the 5th yellow card for Netherland.
Im with Netherland, I hope that Huntelaar comes in and save the day by scoring 89 wink.gif
Pedro out Navas in
Robben !!
How many times did Pique get hurt in the WC??
I saw that Jumping Jimmy was back.
kurtsimonw
It's just 22 children kicking each other and rolling around. Better than the first half but still not great.
Fillipo Simone
Gee, this match is boooring...
samira
I wish I could say 2006 all over agian but.. no
kurtsimonw
Heitinga off, second yellow.
kurtsimonw
Iniestaaaaaaaa!
samira
Ineista.. 1-0
4 MINUTES LEFT! 3 players on Howard Webbs back.
kurtsimonw
Congrats Spain.

lol @ van Bommel.
Warchant
was semi rooting for the Dutch tonight, but Spain were definitely the better team tonight. Deserved the title.

cool to see a first time winner

here's a question...besides the Dutch, are there any other teams that have a chance of breaking through to win their first world cup title?
samira
Congratz Spain smile.gif
second time Neatherland lost the final.
the ref gave yellow card like it was f***ing christmas
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 11 2010, 10:06 PM) *
was semi rooting for the Dutch tonight, but Spain were definitely the better team tonight. Deserved the title.

cool to see a first time winner

here's a question...besides the Dutch, are there any other teams that have a chance of breaking through to win their first world cup title?

I think everyone else is lightyears away.
Fishdoll
Congratulations to Spain! (And thank goodness for Iniesta's goal, what a brutal final to watch).
samira
14 yellow cards and 1 red. normal?
kurtsimonw
Alot if cards, but if anything there should have been more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.