Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
kurtsimonw
Forget it Jack, I think you have a bit of agenda here and I don't like it.

Hopefully Mexico beat this bunch if thugs.

Dracoris
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 01:58 PM) *
I'm sick of saying it..

Because the goal was not given we had to attack. Because we had to attack we left space. Because we left space they scored goals.

It really is very straight forward.

I do thunk we'll get the 2018 WC now, we're the only country that seemingly has any fans at a WC.

If you base it by fans, then we'd get it.

http://wahnews.com/americans-bought-the-mo...p-tickets/1177/

http://www.cbssports.com/worldcup/story/11800273/rss

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2009-05-30-1-...up-ticket-sales
CHU-LIP
Tevez scores sad.gif

OFF SIDE !!!!!!!!!!!! (A LOT)

Mexico players complaining / arguing a lot with the referee....

Goal allowed: 1-0 sad.gif
samira
Lucky bastards !
The line ref called ofside but the ref did'nt react .. dry.gif
CHU-LIP
HiguaĆ­n 2-0

huge failure by defender Osorio (or so)
samira
OH U F**** ID**T mad.gif
X-Offender
Wow, today has been the day of refereeing failures! biggrin.gif

Higuain's touch to fool the goalie was pure class.
Dracoris
Wait, doesn't the rule say there has to be one opponent between the player and the goal line? There was no player between him and the goal line.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 27 2010, 07:07 PM) *
Wait, doesn't the rule say there has to be one opponent between the player and the goal line? There was no player between him and the goal line.

The offside rule is like this:

G X* X A X = onside
G X* A X X = offside

G = goal line
A = attacking team player
X = defending team player

*is mostly the goalkeeper but it doesn't matter if a X is a goalkeeper or a field player

....So there need to be at least two X's between the G and A
Dracoris
Yes, I know that, but this play went like this:

G A X* X X
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 27 2010, 07:17 PM) *
Yes, I know that, but this play went like this:

G A X* X X

So that's offside. smile.gif

...You said 1 opponent while the rule says 2 tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
And I thought ghe refereeing couldn't get worse after this afternoon.
samira
HT 2-0 Argentina - Mexico
that first half went fast.
Dracoris
Yea, I just looked it up. It doesn't say one, just fewer than 2. smile.gif
Linkman
That must be one of the worst calls ever in a world cup. Seriously, the guy was like two meters offside.

I'm not a big defender of using cameras in matches, but I'm starting to see everybody's point. This is just unacceptable.
samira
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 07:19 PM) *
And I thought ghe refereeing couldn't get worse after this afternoon.

The refs doesnt even agree if it's offside or not.
And clearly it is..
How many things has gone wrong this World Cup?
both players field security and even the ball.
Lets not talk abot the ref
Fishdoll
Definitely not a good day for refereeing at the cup. Horrible decision by Rosetti & co.
kurtsimonw
This is getting sad now, the World Cup is turning into a joke. Sort it out FIFA, it's about time you did something to benefit the sport.
samira
Blanco should go in.
But is it true that a mexican got killed just because he missed a ball and gave the other team a goal and back to his hotel he got shoot, if its true , I will sorry for the guy.

edit: tevez, wow what a goal
CHU-LIP
Tevez 3-0

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 27 2010, 07:20 PM) *
Yea, I just looked it up. It doesn't say one, just fewer than 2. smile.gif

smile.gif Yeah, I might not have made that clear until that little add I edited quickly after I posted.
Dracoris
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 27 2010, 03:40 PM) *
Tevez 3-0

smile.gif Yeah, I might not have made that clear until that little add I edited quickly after I posted.

Ah, yea I see that now.
CHU-LIP
3-1 Javier Hernandez smile.gif
Zed.D
Wow, good goal Mexico!!
Zed.D
If Torres is a diving cheat, what is Heinze?! it's frustrating how he goes down every single minute when Argies are under pressure.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 27 2010, 09:13 PM) *
If Torres is a diving cheat, what is Heinze?! it's frustrating how he goes down every single minute when Argies are under pressure.

He's Argentine.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 11:45 PM) *
He's Argentine.

He is biggrin.gif

-

And...

BRING US PASTORE realmad.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 04:56 PM) *
They look like Bolton, they play like Bolton. Ugh, how can we go out to them?

Horrible decision cost us the game again. As the United fans say "Im having a party when Blatter dies".

We can't keep complaining about the disallowed goal! Yes it was a travesty and perhaps things might have been different, but we had almost an hour to equalise. Thing is we have not looked good at all in this world cup and TBH didn't deserve to go through. Germany were by far the better team and showed it today.

BTW when Germany beat Australia 4-0 people were quick to say "Australia are a poor side"...

And it seems FIFA don't like Mexico as well!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 27 2010, 10:23 PM) *
BRING US PASTORE realmad.gif

HELL YES!!!

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

Anyway, I thought Argentina were quite poor today. If Maradona doesn't cover his midfield a bit more, they're going to get ***** by Germany.
samira
at least they did not walk away goalless tongue.gif
Bu Argentina has to lose agianst Germany, cause I don't want to see Maradona naked... dry.gif
Mexico.. well done laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
So Argentina v Germany in a battle of 'who can pay the linesman the most'.
samira
hahaha hard one..

Pastore worked great with Messi but Milan getting Messi, When Gallini changes his name to Glenn.. ( a swedish joke tongue.gif )

Warchant
watching Mexico get embarrassed takes a little bit of the sting out of the US loss last night biggrin.gif

it's also completely obvious england's goal did not go across the line

kurtsimonw
Wow, didn't see that angle. I take back what I said, the linesman got it right.
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 07:17 PM) *
Wow, didn't see that angle. I take back what I said, the linesman got it right.

it takes a real man to admit when he's wrong laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
biggrin.gif

Just watched some of the post-match stuff. Some of the criticism of Capello is getting a bit silly now, and this is coming from me.
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 07:35 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Just watched some of the post-match stuff. Some of the criticism of Capello is getting a bit silly now, and this is coming from me.

imagine hearing stuff about your coach from people who weren't soccer fans 1 month ago.

i'm still up in the air on whether or not he should still coach us or not..but i don't need to hear it from people who never saw a game before this past week.
MizNelson
England were a victim of their own hype. People were expecting the world of them (isn't that the case every year?) when Capello took over.

My landlady's husband is bummed out over Mexico's elimination. smile.gif

QUOTE (Warchant)
imagine hearing stuff about your coach from people who weren't soccer fans 1 month ago.

We have people like that out here as well; they're called Lakers and Red Sox fans.
Warchant
just watched the first half of the germany/england game

germany's first 2 goals looked very similar to 2 of the chances the US had vs. Ghana. difference was...Germany's went in.

US has to do a better job finding some class strikers before 2014. or hope the ones they have greatly improve.
Linkman
Oh, now I get it... Torres didn't dive, he was attacked by the Bielsa stare of doom!

Predicting Brazil 4-1 Chile tomorrow, just like in 98.
X-Offender
^ That is genius! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
samira
HAHAHA payback is a b1tch Hienze biggrin.gif
that's for scoring agianst Nigeria while Samuel "huged" the guy that suposed to mark him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 28 2010, 10:41 AM) *
^ That is genius! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zed.D
I can't understand Heinze's reaction to such a small incident. it was awful to see. that, combined with his constant dives to kill the time, really made me dislike him.
kurtsimonw
You can see why SAF was pretty happy to get rid of the guy. What a ****.
Jack Sparrow
+1.
Dracoris
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 27 2010, 08:44 PM) *

i'm still up in the air on whether or not he should still coach us or not..but i don't need to hear it from people who never saw a game before this past week.

I think he's done well, and he had what can be considered a successful four years, but I am ready to see what someone else can bring to the table. Mainly Jurgen Klinsmann who was reported to have expressed interest 4 years ago when the job was open.
Warchant
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 28 2010, 08:23 AM) *
I think he's done well, and he had what can be considered a successful four years, but I am ready to see what someone else can bring to the table. Mainly Jurgen Klinsmann who was reported to have expressed interest 4 years ago when the job was open.

he was offered the job 4 years ago, but turned it down because he wasn't going to have as much control over the program as he wanted.

we'll see if ussf changes their tunes this time around
Jack Sparrow
Right..here we go! Hup, Holland, Hup!!
CHU-LIP
Robben 1-0

assist by Sneijder, though it was mostly Robben (cutting in and shoots)
CHU-LIP
Vittek that was your chance..... almost 1-1

Stekelenburg is saving the Dutch... (saves on Stoch + Vittek shots)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.