Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Jack Sparrow
Like I said, it's what I read. I've heard other people use it as well (relatives living abroad etc.) I imagine it's a common term of use where kurt is. I have no opinions on the matter personally. I don't think kurt is using it in a homophobic sense. I'm pretty sure he's not exactly homophobic, since some of the conversation between him, dst and Max often resemble a sex chat transcript.

I have known the British to use such terms without actually being homophobic.

And as for wiki, I think it's far more qualified to speak about such general culture than most resources, since it's actually edited by the general public.

I wouldn't completely trust wiki as a guide to do open heart surgery but stuff like this is ok..I feel.

Then again it's my opinion.
Fishdoll
Thing is, Jack, it is considered an insult and/or homophobic where both Miz and I live. We've both commented that its use bothers us.
Suhail 3
i think its common all over the uk i live in manchester an that word gets used often when someones dissatisfied about something smile.gif

Fishdoll
Not everyone on this board lives in the UK.
Locke Lamora
This has been blown waaay out of proportion. Kurt, and some other members on the board, have been using 'gay' as a silly, clearly non-serious adjective for quite some time now, and I don't see why a big fuss is made of it now.
If we're going to censure everything people on this forum say that might offend anyone else, then... well, what's the point?

There's a clear line between being obscene and just joking around, the last and only time I've seen a case of the former on this board was when someone said he thought it was very understandable that a certain religious group would maim and kill another person if said person had drawn a certain historical character...
Fishdoll
Well, Locke, it's been commented on when it's happened and I at least still don't like it. Never did. End of.

--

Back on topic, there're two interesting games today Who do folks favour?
Zed.D
I think Brazil will win. I WANT Holland to win though.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 2 2010, 12:45 PM) *
Back on topic, there're two interesting games today Who do folks favour?

Dutch's solid defender Joris Mathijsen can't play, so now André Ooijer will play as central back. This season he was not even a starter at PSV, because he was really really really awful as central back this season. Brazil already won...
Linkman
Oh snap, Felipe Melo is back.
Jack Sparrow
Well..here we go!!

Hup Holland, Hup!!
samira
I hope Netherland will win biggrin.gif
but were they going to play on Saturday?
samira
RO FREAKING BINIHO !!!! laugh.gif
X-Offender
You were right about Ooijer, CHU-LIP. He kept Robinho on-side.
samira
Brazil will probably win. Pretty good ref though.

X-Offender
Great first half by Brazil. Netherlands were inexistent.
Linkman
QUOTE (Linkman @ Jul 2 2010, 09:58 AM) *

Oh snap, Felipe Melo shut my trap! What an assist!
samira
Wow What a beautiful goal!
what a lefty
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Linkman @ Jul 2 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Oh snap, Felipe Melo shut my trap! What an assist!

What an Own Goal. tongue.gif
Fishdoll
(Wanna take that back now, Linkman?)
samira
wow sneijder is on fire !!! 2-1 to netherland !!!
Brazil is pushing it to the last drop right now..

edit: red card to Felipo Melo, to be honest I watch world cup for the drama right now.
kurtsimonw
I don't like football anymore. This tournement has been *insert a negative, unoffensive, word of your choice*.
kurtsimonw
Ugh.

There's only Spain left.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 2 2010, 03:17 PM) *
(Wanna take that back now, Linkman?)

REALLY disgusting what he just did.

OH... SNAP!
servbot
QUOTE (Linkman @ Jul 2 2010, 08:58 AM) *

foreshadowing...lol
kurtsimonw
Another refereeing masterclass from the ref.
samira
I agree 100 % Kurt.
Suprising , I think everybody here thought Brazil would win, even me.

edit: No de Jong and Van de Wiel next game.
kurtsimonw
I was being a bit sarcastic, I thought the ref was horribly inconsistant. van Bommel could have been sent of twice today.. did he even get a yellow card in the end?
Linkman
Felipe Melo, a piece of garbage dressed in blue.

Ugh! I won't hear the end of it now at uni. God damn it.
Suhail 3
Haha wheres the beautiful football when they need it laugh.gif DEAD AN GONE DEAD AN GONE

wink.gif well done holland congrats i hope they win they are the best football nation to have never won the cup

Zed.D
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YOU DUNGA.

YOU
Darunia
Too much diving (Robben) today, but Brazil definitely lost their cool in the 2nd half after a good 1st. Dutch obviously favorites to make the final over Uruguay/Ghana, even without De Jong & Van der Fiel.
X-Offender
It's all quite baffling, really. Brazil played a superb first half in which Netherlands were inexistent. Then that own goal changed everything, Melo had to show what a tw@t he is and Brazil go home. Weird, but really great game though.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Jul 2 2010, 07:27 PM) *
wink.gif well done holland congrats i hope they win they are the best football nation to have never won the cup

Along with Spain, right? wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 2 2010, 04:56 PM) *
I was being a bit sarcastic, I thought the ref was horribly inconsistant. van Bommel could have been sent of twice today.. did he even get a yellow card in the end?

Tell me about it, the ref wasn't the best. At one point I thought he was going to send off Ooijer but he had the wrong card in his hand, quickly swapping it before anyone noticed. Also the amount of times he stopped play just to move free-kicks a yard and at one point do nothing but stare at RVP when he was trying to defend a set-piece!

Bastos probably should have gone. Melo he got spot on what a clown for doing that.

Van Bommel is a dirty, dirty player he seems to do that everygame without fail just kicks and hacks people, not that great a footballer any more.

Patriotic hat is still saying Howard Webb for the final, it would be hard pushed to find any ref with better performances and/or assistants.
kurtsimonw
Holland are historically better than Spain, in my opinion.
samira
Funny thing was when the ref took out the red card to Oijer when he was going to give him yellow tongue.gif
Linkman
Netherlands have two world cup finals, Spain are trying to reach their first semis tomorrow.
vahid
seriously, Nilmar and Fabiano are better than Pato? wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 2 2010, 07:33 PM) *

You're right. but in this tournament, Spain have played much better than Holland IMO.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 2 2010, 04:03 PM) *

I think that's a fact.

Though Spain look stronger to me, but they have 1 match more left, including one very difficult one.
samira
Spain is stronger even if Im more netherland fan.
But Spain got a easier game then Netherland.
Jack Sparrow
We did it Chu-Lip!! We did it!! You smoke an extra joint for me today buddy! We did it!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
MizNelson
This match made my morning. Goodbye, Brazil. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So, that's two WCs in a row in which Kaka has been almost completely ineffective. At this point, he doesn't deserve to make 2014.
Jack Sparrow
^

+1. He's like R80 of the previous WC.

I so had the mind to rant at Brazil. I hate this team. This is not the way Brazil play. I spit at this team. To think that <insert cuss word> Fabiano wears the jersey that RONALDO used to wear itself is dishonourable.

The real Brazil played soccer out of love. Not this bullshit 'efficiency' crap that this twerp Dunga is on about. I agree with Zeddie's opinion on the man!
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 2 2010, 09:34 PM) *
This match made my morning. Goodbye, Brazil. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So, that's two WCs in a row in which Kaka has been almost completely ineffective. At this point, he doesn't deserve to make 2014.

+1. he had a few good moments here and there including assists, but overall he was awful. this may sound silly but I knew Brazil wouldn't win the World Cup with him as #10.

For the second time, I have to praise Galliani/Berlu for selling him as he's so obviously past his best. how we robbed Madrid!

QUOTE (vahid @ Jul 2 2010, 08:41 PM) *
seriously, Nilmar and Fabiano are better than Pato? wink.gif

No worries, the Duck will win it in 2014!
X-Offender
Pato would have been a sooooooo much better sub than Nilmar. Dumbest decision of Dunga leaving him at home.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 2 2010, 05:04 PM) *

He wasn't that bad at all. Also he had an unlucky season with injuries, so talking about not deserving WC2014 is nonsense.
ForzaMaldini
FORZA HOLLANDAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 2 2010, 10:50 PM) *
He wasn't that bad at all. Also he had an unlucky season with injuries, so talking about not deserving WC2014 is nonsense.

Let's face it, the second most expensive player in the world was very disappointing. And the man who he replaced..Sneijder has been tearing it up!
MizNelson
Well, Pato now has a lot to prove in the next four years. And he has youth on his side, as Kaka will be 32 when the next World Cup rolls around. Plus, I'm willing to bet that Dunga will not be coaching the team by then.

Pardon the cliche but the ball is now in his court.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.