Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 13 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Such as projecting your opinions as facts and implying because Fabio's smart he will agree with you.

And calling him King Carlos...been there, done that...ugh.

I do agree though that ITV are annoying.

I never projected my opinion as fact. My Capello-smart/Bridge-Crap thing is just an opinion, I can't prove that either are true just as nobody can prove the opposite of these are true.

King Carlos may well leave us soon, in fact most at Villa expect him to. It wouldn't matter either way, we currently have 5 defenders that should be starting every game. In a weird way we've been lucky that only 4 of them have ever been fit at the same time.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 13 2010, 10:10 PM) *
I never projected my opinion as fact. My Capello-smart/Bridge-Crap thing is just an opinion, I can't prove that either are true just as nobody can prove the opposite of these are true.

You said he's a poor footballer for the standards required by England. That is not a fact. You said Fabio's smart enough to realise this. Which implies that it is a fact.
You've been slagging off Bridge a lot recently which I find curious as you paint your opinion of him as a fact.
It is my opinion that Bridge is a better left back than Cole, an opinion which I've had since Bridge was at Chelsea. But I would never suggest this is a fact.

King Carlos may well leave us soon, in fact most at Villa expect him to. It wouldn't matter either way, we currently have 5 defenders that should be starting every game. In a weird way we've been lucky that only 4 of them have ever been fit at the same time.

If you could find an original title for him I'd have had less qualms with that point...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 13 2010, 10:37 PM) *
You said he's a poor footballer for the standards required by England. That is not a fact. You said Fabio's smart enough to realise this. Which implies that it is a fact.
You've been slagging off Bridge a lot recently which I find curious as you paint your opinion of him as a fact.
It is my opinion that Bridge is a better left back than Cole, an opinion which I've had since Bridge was at Chelsea. But I would never suggest this is a fact.

If you could find an original title for him I'd have had less qualms with that point...

The fact that I said it suggests it's my opinion. That's what a forum is for, opinions. If the mods say so, then I will put IMO at the end of everything I say so people can work out what I am stating as fact and what my opinion is. I'm not stating any of what I said as fact, it is my opinion that Wayne Bridge is a very poor footballer.

No need to find a new title, nicknames stick.
Bluesummers
please please guys, why are we arguing here???

Doesn't matter who capello puts out, they'll be out in the round of 16 anyways. The team that plays them will just park the bus and run the clock until Pk shoot out. Then England is done LOL.

Wayne bridge ??? You guys should talking about which shooters capello is going to be choosing aightttt wink.gif
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 14 2010, 12:32 AM) *
The fact that I said it suggests it's my opinion. That's what a forum is for, opinions. If the mods say so, then I will put IMO at the end of everything I say so people can work out what I am stating as fact and what my opinion is. I'm not stating any of what I said as fact, it is my opinion that Wayne Bridge is a very poor footballer.

Nah, bad wriggle. You stated your opinion as a fact and your attempt to suggest otherwise is weak.

No need to find a new title, nicknames stick.

True, Carlos the Judas. I never stopped calling him that.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 14 2010, 04:40 AM) *
Wayne bridge ??? You guys should talking about which shooters capello is going to be choosing aightttt wink.gif

As a former player and somebody considered a top coach, if he doesn't get the players in the right mind set to take penalties in pressure situations he's failing to do his job properly.

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2010, 11:33 AM) *
True, Carlos the Judas. I never stopped calling him that.

That's fantastic.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 14 2010, 06:01 PM) *
As a former player and somebody considered a top coach, if he doesn't get the players in the right mind set to take penalties in pressure situations he's failing to do his job properly.

LOL!!!! I guess thats why england hired Bill Beswick . So if capello cannot "reach" the players properly, he'll be there to save the day.

Still think your gonna go out in pks though tongue.gif
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 15 2010, 12:01 AM) *
That's fantastic.

It suffices smile.gif
CHU-LIP
I don't know where to post this, but it's for friendly (Cameroon?) as preparation for the WC:

PORTIERI: Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo).

DIFENSORI: Daniele Bonera (Milan), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Nicola Legrottaglie (Juventus).

CENTROCAMPISTI: Christian Maggio (Napoli), Andrea Cossu (Cagliari), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Simone Pepe (Udinese), Andrea Pirlo (Milan).

ATTACCANTI: Marco Borriello (Milan), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria), Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli).

So: Gattuso is in it biggrin.gif hahahaaha (and no Ambrosini).... quite funny, and I have to say I'm not even surprised. Bonera and Borriello are deserved to be called up though.
Fishdoll
Hm. And no Nesta.

Good on Borriello and Bonera getting the call ups. And Bonucci too!
Jack Sparrow
I'm happy there's no Nesta.

I'm pissed there's no Ambro...
Fishdoll
According to Gazzetta (and everyone else) Lippi was quoted as saying that he'd asked Nesta and Nesta had repeated that he was retired from the Azzurri. I'm a disappointed fish (cos I love seeing Nesta play and he'd be a huge improvement for the squad) but also rather proud that Nesta didn't back down.

Also today, an odd sort of lineup was drilled in advance of the friendly v. Cameroon.

Here's who played on the 'starters' lineup:
Buffon
Bonucci Cannavaro Chiellini
Maggio DeRossi Pirlo Criscito
Cossu Borriello Di Natale

I don't remember him ever trying a 3-4-3.
Zed.D
As someone who does not like Lippi's old-fashionism I have to admit the squad looks pretty good (except Pepe... I just can't understand Lippi's admiration for him). but this is a friendly. will he take these new faces to the World Cup?

And 3-4-3...?! wow, something strange is happening to Lippi. he's changing! I hope that'll be the lineup for the game as well.
Fishdoll
Same lineup drilled today - except it should read Marchetti in goal, not Buffon (who is injured, doh) according to Gazzetta.

It's a curious formation and lineup. not the norm for Italy.
Zed.D
Fishdoll, how does your person pronounce "Criscito"?
Fishdoll
kri-shee-toe
Zed.D
Thanks! +1 cookie to yourself.
Fishdoll
I'd prefer one of those z-thingies. Tried one and they were good!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 2 2010, 09:31 PM) *
I'd prefer one of those z-thingies. Tried one and they were good!

OK, then biggrin.gif
Zed.D
Watching Brazil - N. Ireland.

Adriano and Robinho both playing...

I hate Dunga and I hope "his" Brazil fail miserably.
Fishdoll
And Thiago is on the bench.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 3 2010, 01:06 AM) *
And Thiago is on the bench.

Sometimes I think he has got something against Milan...

Btw, Adriano is so overweight. I could see his big belly when he was posing to take a FK.
Zed.D
HT. 1-0 Brazil.

Initially an OFFSIDE move by them and eventually an OG by Ireland's #8. embarrassing.
Bluesummers
sigh... silva doesn't even get a chance sad.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2010, 10:43 PM) *
sigh... silva doesn't even get a chance sad.gif

I remember he played a game some months ago and he was MOTM...

I don't get NT coaches
Habitant
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 2 2010, 11:03 PM) *
I remember he played a game some months ago and he was MOTM...

I don't get NT coaches

i dont get this douchebag anyways

of course he's still getting the result, i mean who wouldnt with the squad depth that brazil has.

but nowadays lippi isnt any better, at least he's trying something new.
Bluesummers
The thing is Lippi doesn't have a choice. Italy doesn't exactly have world class players in the starting line up that he could be comfortable with. Brazil does and their reserves are high quality as well, that is why he doesn't have to bring on these players.

defence: Juan, Lucio, David Luiz, Alex, miranda, luisao, t. silva. and that is just for the CB selection!

Italy doesn't even have anything close to as good as this on their team.
Fishdoll
And there this fish disagrees. There are actually good players for Italy in defense. And of that list above, the only one I'd label as world class - a term that I think is sorely overused - is Lucio. And I think Chiellini is just as good as he is.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 2 2010, 06:43 PM) *
And there this fish disagrees. There are actually good players for Italy in defense. And of that list above, the only one I'd label as world class - a term that I think is sorely overused - is Lucio. And I think Chiellini is just as good as he is.

your welcome to your opinion, however you cannot deny that Brazil is now creating great defenders.

Dani Alves= Best Full back in the world
Maicon= Second best full back
Lucio= Top 10 CB in the world

Production:

T Silva= Upcoming WC centre back
David luiz= Same thing, needs move to a bigger team
Rafael/fabio= will be up there as well with the best

There is more but I can't remember them all.

---
Keeper:

Cesar= Second best in the world, only behind casillas.

Midfield:

Kaka
Ronaldinho
Robinho
Diego
Hernanes
Josue

I think the list speaks for it self

----

Strikers:

Fabiano
Pato
V Love
Nilmar

I think they have a better squad than Italy but again i'm just going by performances in their respective leagues.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 2 2010, 09:33 PM) *
Watching Brazil - N. Ireland.

Adriano and Robinho both playing...

I hate Dunga and I hope "his" Brazil fail miserably.

I don't understand how he could pick Adriano and Robinho over Pato and Dinho....

Well anyway, it only means they'll be in better shape for Milan Brazil NT can go f*** themselves for all I care. I'm just sorry for Pato and Dinho who are playing so well and would have been expecting to at least get called up for their NT

PS @ the fish

Just saw the Italy call ups now and since we were discussing this in another thread you can't really tell me that it's still not a biased list!!

Pepe??!! FFS why dos Lippi call up this idiot when there are so many better players out there? He's not even a regular starter for Udine. Why is there no Ambro? He's been the best DM in the league all season, yet he's called up Rino who hasn't really gotten ack in stride after nearly 3/4 of the season out with injury (and you all know how I feel about the Rino vs Ambro debate)

And again wih the Juventini, the only Juventus players that should be on that call up sheet are Chiellini and Marchisio imo, Canna has been appauling all season, but there is no need to discuss why he keeps getting called up and also no need to discuss why Lippi was so desperate to get Nesta back in the fold. Logrottaglie is also no piece of cake either rolleyes.gif

I just can't wait for this summer o be over, and hopefully the FIGC will finally choose a decent coach. I'm sorry but I'm just fead up with Lippi, we'll see what he chooses tonight for the friendly...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 3 2010, 04:01 AM) *
Brazil does and their reserves are high quality as well, that is why he doesn't have to bring on these players.

defence: Juan, Lucio, David Luiz, Alex, miranda, luisao, t. silva. and that is just for the CB selection!

Italy doesn't even have anything close to as good as this on their team.

Who the hell is David Luiz and what's so special about the likes of Miranda, Juan and Luisao?! seriously? you're saying this based on what exactly?

I think only Lucio and Silva can be considered quality defenders from that list. Juan and Luisao are good but nothing special from what I've seen.

EDIT: there is Alex too. didn't see his name. hmm... he's good too.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Habitant @ Mar 3 2010, 12:46 AM) *
i dont get this douchebag anyways

of course he's still getting the result, i mean who wouldnt with the squad depth that brazil has.

but nowadays lippi isnt any better, at least he's trying something new.

I was indeed thinking about him too saying that. biggrin.gif

But I agree about those who say Brazil got a lot of good CB's, while Italy only got Chiellini (and no Nesta). A lot of Brazilian CB's would walk easily in first team to pair with Chiellini.

Italy really gonna have difficulties at WC. Brazil got a fair shot, only Spain looks stronger really.
Jack Sparrow
Personally not convinced about Brazil. Other than an Argentina as impotent as Massimo Moratti, they haven't played anyone really tough.

I would actually give an England under Capello odds over Brazil. If only they can get a proper LB. Why don't they try Gareth Barry there.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 3 2010, 03:14 PM) *
Personally not convinced about Brazil. Other than an Argentina as impotent as Massimo Moratti, they haven't played anyone really tough.

I would actually give an England under Capello odds over Brazil. If only they can get a proper LB. Why don't they try Gareth Barry there.

I agree on the first part, that Brazil hasn't been really convincing. And in general, brazilian football is falling in terms of quality (on a very high level that is). I can still remember 2006 when everyone was almost convinced that Brazil were going to win the World Cup. They seemed unbeatable and failed miserably. The team they have today is good, and good enough to win the World Cup as well. It's just not better than Englands, Argentinas or Germanies squad. And like some mentioned not as good as Spains. They're favorites, though I personally think they'll fail.
CHU-LIP
England + Germany + Brazil are the teams I think are favourites after Spain, actually. The Argentinas squad, well, call it good, but with Maradona as coach I give almost 10 teams a better shot winning the WC...
LaPalma
Yeah...he's a lawsy coach and he doesn't act very professional either. He arrived late at a press conference on Monday because he had to take a shower...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 3 2010, 03:11 AM) *
Who the hell is David Luiz and what's so special about the likes of Miranda, Juan and Luisao?! seriously? you're saying this based on what exactly?

I think only Lucio and Silva can be considered quality defenders from that list. Juan and Luisao are good but nothing special from what I've seen.

EDIT: there is Alex too. didn't see his name. hmm... he's good too.

David Luiz is a young Cb who plays in portugal; you'll hear about him very soon as he's most likely moving to a bigger club like Man U come summer. Juan is a great defender, if he was at a bigger club he would get more credit. Luisao is in the same boat.
samira
Nesta may not play World Cup in South Africa!
After winning against France and the whole drama there tongue.gif
but 2006 victory leaded to injury in 2007 and Nesta is thinking about not to play
World Cup this year and Lippi respect that but it's not 100 % that he won't play

I hope he will play but if he got an injury in the back and its serious.
I respect that he don't wanna play, unsure.gif he is my favorite player and when he played
World Cup, it inspierd me! but it better not to play then to play and get hurt
CHU-LIP
So why did Klose and Podolski started yesterday? I wanted to see Marin play yesterday, but instead Podolski played the whole match. mellow.gif

I cannot remember more than 1 goal from both Podolski and Klose this season (with their clubs, with NT they did obviously better). Start Gomez, and sub in Kießling would have made more sense to me.
MizNelson
QUOTE (samira @ Mar 4 2010, 08:51 AM) *
Nesta may not play World Cup in South Africa!
After winning against France and the whole drama there tongue.gif
but 2006 victory leaded to injury in 2007 and Nesta is thinking about not to play
World Cup this year and Lippi respect that but it's not 100 % that he won't play

I hope he will play but if he got an injury in the back and its serious.
I respect that he don't wanna play, unsure.gif he is my favorite player and when he played
World Cup, it inspierd me! but it better not to play then to play and get hurt

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're not telling us anything new here.

He's said time and time again that he has no intention of playing for Italy again.
samira
didnt know
Bluesummers

FT Armenia 1 - 3 Belarus
FT Mozambique 0 - 1 Botswana
FT Zimbabwe 2 - 1 Malawi
FT Rep. of Macedonia 2 - 1 Montenegro
FT Ivory Coast 0 - 2 Korea Republic
FT Tanzania 2 - 3 Uganda
FT Georgia 2 - 1 Estonia
FT Greece 0 - 2 Senegal
FT Angola 1 - 1 Latvia
FT Cyprus 0 - 0 Iceland
FT Nigeria 5 - 2 DR Congo
FT Slovakia 0 - 1 Norway
FT Bosnia-Herzegovina 2 - 1 Ghana
FT Moldova 1 - 0 Kazakhstan
FT Malta 1 - 2 Finland
FT Turkey 2 - 0 Honduras
FT Algeria 0 - 3 Serbia
FT Hungary 1 - 1 Russia
FT South Africa 1 - 1 Namibia
FT Romania 0 - 2 Israel
FT Luxembourg 1 - 2 Azerbaijan
FT Switzerland 1 - 3 Uruguay
FT Austria 2 - 1 Denmark
FT Poland 2 - 0 Bulgaria
FT Albania 1 - 0 Northern Ireland
FT Belgium 0 - 1 Croatia
FT Germany 0 - 1 Argentina
FT Holland 2 - 1 United States
FT Italy 0 - 0 Cameroon
FT Slovenia 4 - 1 Qatar
FT Wales 0 - 1 Sweden
FT England 3 - 1 Egypt
FT France 0 - 2 Spain
FT Scotland 1 - 0 Czech Republic
FT Portugal 2 - 0 China
Fishdoll
Where'd you get the scores?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Mar 4 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Where'd you get the scores?

WWW.LIVESCORE.COM

kurtsimonw
Here's my England squad predictions (injuries may change this).

Who I would take
Goalkeepers: Robert Green, David James, Joe Hart
Defenders: Micah Richards, Glenn Johnson, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Stephen Warnock
Midfielders: Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Barry, James Milner, Joe Cole, Ashley Young
Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Darren Bent, Gabriel Agbonlahor

Who I think Capello will take
Goalkeepers: Robert Green, David James, Joe Hart
Defenders: Wes Brown, Glenn Johnson, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Rio Ferdinand, Joleon Lescott, Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines
Midfielders: Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, James Milner, Theo Walcott
Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe, Emile Heskey
red
What Capello should take: Return tickets soon after the group stage
Jack Sparrow
Like Capello's squad better than kurt's.
CHU-LIP
@ Kurrt: why no Jagielka ?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Apr 1 2010, 12:25 PM) *
@ Kurrt: why no Jagielka ?

Because he aint got the experience of Terry, nor is he better than Upson or Sir Gary.

Capello isn't really the one who picks the team, which is why I think we'll see players like Wes Brown and Joleon Lescott. Any manager with sense wouldn't pick Wes Brown for England! He's had a poor season at United and basically been the worst player on the pitch for the England games he has played in, I'd honestly play Milner or Rooney at RB over him, they'd do a damn god job as well.
Fishdoll
So, a bit of a scandal in France right now. There was an article that appeared on Eurosport Italia yesterday stating that two players from the French NT were being interviewed by police because they were suspected as having been, er, clients of underaged prostitutes, and that one of the players had a relationship of sorts with an underaged girl for an extended period of time (while saying he didn't realize she was underaged). The two players in question are Bayern's Franck Ribery and Lyon's Sidney Govou. link to Eurosport Italia article.

link to Eurosport France article.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.