Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
CHU-LIP
Oh no! Yasuhito Endō is suspended for the next match. cry.gif

edit: penalties.... oh dear, I can't take it anymore
kurtsimonw
Paraguay to win it, I think they showed more during the 120.
samira
oh dear god , pentaly.
My friend has fallen in love with Honda to, but she has to pass me first tongue.gif

both teams has never come longer then this.
they both deserve this but Im with Japan !!
kurtsimonw
4 great penalties so far, 2-2.
samira
wonderful, first hard and low then high and easy
NOOOOOOOOOOOO ohmy.gif the crossbar ..
CHU-LIP
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh cry.gif

crossbar again !!!

edit: dramaqueensmil.gif dramaqueensmil.gif dramaqueensmil.gif
samira
cold penalty by Honda. left foot and and it was easy.
Paraguay is trough ! cry.gif
the coach Martino is crying..
kurtsimonw
Well done Paraguay, unlucky Japan.
samira
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 29 2010, 05:40 PM) *
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh cry.gif

crossbar again !!!

edit: dramaqueensmil.gif dramaqueensmil.gif dramaqueensmil.gif

be glad about one thing.. he's coming home at least tongue.gif

Paraguay is writning history !!
samira
Im glad that Tulio played for Japan at least.
Fishdoll
So, coming up next is the Iberian derby. Predictions?
kurtsimonw
Spain will win, I can't even see it being close.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 29 2010, 08:50 PM) *

hey long time , commemorations to Japan sad.gif wish we'd seen more of Catania's Marimoto this tournament...

For the Iberian Derby Spain will win 2-1 is my prediction
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 29 2010, 05:50 PM) *

I don't care sad.gif

(Spain will win, Villa will be good, Torres will be bad)

edit: but I prefer Portugal
Darunia
Funny that goal.com predicted a 5-3 win on penalties... too bad it was for the Portugal-Spain game and not the Japan one. Spain will win this one though.
MizNelson
I really wanted Japan to go through. Tough luck for them.

The player who caromed his PK off the crossbar had to be the most depressed guy on the plane back.
kurtsimonw
My God Casillas is crap, Spain are doing well to keep it at 0-0 with him in goal.
kurtsimonw
Villa!
kurtsimonw
Hahaha. Red card Portugal.
servbot
Great acting job by Capdevila.

Still, I'm not sad for Portugal.
X-Offender
Spain deserved to pass, the better team overall. Portugal played too defensively, they had a fair amount of chances, but were quite invisible in the second half. And Villa will do wonders at Barça! Such a phenomenal player, can't believe he was stuck at Valencia up until now.
han2503
Still can't understand how Portugal didn't even try to press Spain after they went down a goal. They just let them pass the ball around eating up the time. The only ergency they showed was in the 3 minutes of stoppage time.

So far every team I've supported has gotten KO'd dry.gif I think I'll support Brazil in the next round evilgrin.gif
Zed.D
Spain are a pretty one-dimensional team. their plan A is absolutely great but if it somehow doesn't work, they have no plan B. I can't see them winning the tournament (sadly).
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Spain are a pretty one-dimensional team. their plan A is absolutely great but if it somehow doesn't work, they have no plan B. I can't see them winning the tournament (sadly).

Even if it doesn't work, they have so much talent that anyone at any point could put someone through and they score pretty much out of nohting. Like they did today, they were pretty unspectacular until they scored and it came from a couple of passes in midfield and bang, Villa is suddenly in front of the keeper
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2010, 11:04 PM) *

Llorente was their plan B. His entrance changed everything.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 29 2010, 04:55 PM) *
I don't care sad.gif

(Spain will win, Villa will be good, Torres will be bad)

edit: but I prefer Portugal

Can't say I was wrong... only good thing today is Villa's score because of my bet...

Stupid crossbar, and stupid De Bleeckere.
Fishdoll
This fish is satisfied with the result of the second game. Would've been nice to see more scoring (and would've been nice had Capdevilla not been a **** at the end) but all in all, a fins up to Spain.
X-Offender
Capdevilla had a great game though, and for his age (32) he's a really good sideback.
Fillipo Simone
Noone will be fair and say Spain scored a irregular goal? It clearly was offside. But hey, this is not Rooney we're talking about - this is Portugal.

A big booooo for Ronaldo. He's a flop too IMO for this WC.
X-Offender
Offside or not, it would have been a shame if Portugal passed, so credit where credit's due.
Fillipo Simone
Why a shame?

Portugal was a great team that lacked only of one good striker. I was pretty impressed by their defense and Quieroz's tactics.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2010, 11:07 PM) *
A big booooo for Ronaldo. He's a flop too IMO for this WC.

Hmm, if you don't get the ball not much you can do, I can't remember many passes too him especially in the 2nd half. Granted, he hasn't been his best but I get the feeling this Portugal side was very average compared to recent years.

They were lucky to get this far, the reason they did was because of the North Koreans a different bottom seed team who wasn't as bad may have stopped them progressing IMO.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 30 2010, 12:44 AM) *
Why a shame?

Portugal was a great team that lacked only of one good striker. I was pretty impressed by their defense and Quieroz's tactics.

Then you're easily impressed. Portugal were far inferior to Spain tonight, the better team got through. In fact, the best team of the tournament got through.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2010, 01:12 AM) *
Then you're easily impressed

Why so?

In fact, the best team of the tournament got through.

How so?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 30 2010, 02:29 AM) *
Why so?

How so?

1. Because Portugal tonight were pretty poor, they barely tried to win the game, or rather, they couldn't.

2. Because Spain have the best team of the tournament?
il_diavolo_mtl
goal.com

CRwtv blamed the loss on Quieroz, not that i needed ANOTHER reason to hate him (Diver mcChokerson) but there it is
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2010, 01:35 AM) *

Pre-WC that was what I thought also. Now Brazil seems the best to me, followed by Spain.
Fishdoll
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 29 2010, 09:06 PM) *
goal.com

CRwtv blamed the loss on Quieroz, not that i needed ANOTHER reason to hate him (Diver mcChokerson) but there it is

Can we all agree to mock him? unsure.gif (that'd be TWO whole items of common agreement today!)
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2010, 02:35 AM) *
1. Because Portugal tonight were pretty poor, they barely tried to win the game, or rather, they couldn't.

1. Tonight. Poor? They played a very good match against the european champion. They have a rock-solid defense, a compact midfield and a star in Ronaldo. Only thing that misses is a playmaker alla Deco and a striker alla Pauleta or Nuno Gomes. That said, I'd say they have 2 years to find those two positions and they'll have a very strong side.

Barely tried? First half they had actually more chances. Casillas sucked mostly, but again.
Spain won only because of a goal that was from an offside. That said, I don't see any reason to think Portugal had no chance.

2. Oh yes? How do you make such statements? I think Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina have very strong teams. Who is the absolute strongest? I wouldn't go that far....

As for Ronaldo - he is so arrongant, I wish Queiroz would have left him out. His body language, his gestures, his moves and facial expressions - they're full of selfadmiration.
Dracoris
Anyone want to mention Germany in the possible strongest list?
Fishdoll
This fish would consider it, Dracoris. They're still a very young squad but (serbia aside) they've looked awfully good.

(This fish is also relieved at least a bit that Neuer is starting keeper; his person has a distressing tendency to squeal when she watches Rene Adler, who would've been starting keeper had he not broken a couple of ribs).
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 30 2010, 03:01 AM) *
(This fish is also relieved at least a bit that Neuer is starting keeper; his person has a distressing tendency to squeal when she watches Rene Adler, who would've been starting keeper had he not broken a couple of ribs).

If one thing, I was not relieved Neuer had to be #1 because of Adler's injury. Adler is a very good goalkeeper, while Neuer had his f*** ups this season, but I have to say, he is doing a very awesome job. So take some cookies, Neuer.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 30 2010, 11:42 AM) *
As for Ronaldo - he is so arrongant, I wish Queiroz would have left him out. His body language, his gestures, his moves and facial expressions - they're full of selfadmiration.

+1

absolute prick. who the hell does he think he is!
Fishdoll
Oh, I'd have preferred Adler in goal on technical ability, Chulip. It's just that my person thinks he's cuuuuuuuute. That gets on the nerves. smile.gif

But yeah, Neuer has done very well indeed.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 30 2010, 03:42 AM) *
1. Tonight. Poor? They played a very good match against the european champion. They have a rock-solid defense, a compact midfield and a star in Ronaldo. Only thing that misses is a playmaker alla Deco and a striker alla Pauleta or Nuno Gomes. That said, I'd say they have 2 years to find those two positions and they'll have a very strong side.

Barely tried? First half they had actually more chances. Casillas sucked mostly, but again.
Spain won only because of a goal that was from an offside. That said, I don't see any reason to think Portugal had no chance.

2. Oh yes? How do you make such statements? I think Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina have very strong teams. Who is the absolute strongest? I wouldn't go that far....

1. Wow, I think you're the only one who's trying to defend Portugal's performance last night. Even the Portuguese people I know thought they didn't deserve to pass.

2. Because they have the best players overall, they've won all qualifying matches, they're the current champions of Europe, they have the best striker of the tournament and express the most fluid and entertaining game amongst all favorites.

Come on dude, you just seem to have something against Spain. They are awesome, like a dream team or something. Stop trying to put dirt on them.
Zed.D
I have to agree with Fillipo, I thought Portugal looked good and I was wondering why they didn't attack more. always looked dangerous when they did. but in the end Spain deservedly won.

As for Llorente being Spain's plan B, yeah I thought about it, but he looks average. two times he found himself alone in front of the goal and failed to put his header in. imagine when he's sandwiched between Lucio and Juan... no, this is not a good enough plan B for a team like Spain.
Jack Sparrow
It seems Brazil are without Ramires, Elano and have Kaka on a yellow card. All the good news I can get.
arivanjj
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1078696

top form!
kurtsimonw
I actually thought Llorente looked great. Portugal defense couldn't handle him and got frustrated. Certainly alot better than Torres.
Fishdoll
This fish agrees with Kurt.

Spain's game went up a notch when Llorente came on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.