Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 23 2010, 07:27 PM) *
i hope so too...i'd rather play ghana laugh.gif

I think it will be Serbia (second, and Germany first). Germany and Serbia are favourites for a win IMO.
Dracoris
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 23 2010, 02:27 PM) *
i hope so too...i'd rather play ghana laugh.gif

I have bad memories of Ghana...
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2010, 10:48 PM) *
Meh, I see it differently, Capello's ego is way too big.

We do well in qualifying and it's all him apparently, yet when we do poorly using the same tactics it's magically the players fault and he deflects the blame away from himself.

You either take the praise AND the blame or neither. This whole "win = Capello good, lose = players bad" thing is ********.

Capello's ego? F*ck me when you've won as much as him I think you deserve a bit of an ego wink.gif

To be fair Don Fabio has never deflected anything, if anything he showed John Terry for what he was.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 23 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Much better, seems like JTs team talk worked.

Milner has been awesome, great assist for the goal. Defoe scored but done nothing else. Barry/Gerrard/Lampard all doing their jobs.

Handabovic did a Green, but got lucky that the pitch was crap. Rooney better but still not great.

JT's team talk? Haha was that the one where he said England should play 4-5-1 with Joe Cole playing? Guess what Don Fabio had other ideas and England still won cool.gif Oh, and Milner playing was a Don Fabio decision as well because I don't remember JT calling for him to play.

Finally, watching Joe Cole play I realised why Don Fabio doesn't start him.
Fishdoll
So, raise a fin if you think Kevin Prince Boateng is going to be fouled an awful lot today.

(He's the guy whose tackle tore Michael Ballack's ankle up in the FA Cup final, ruling him out of the world cup).
Dracoris
Heads up for all: If you are watching the games online, and use espn3.com, you can use their picture in picture feature and watch both games at the same time.

ESPN 3

p.s. If I had a fin, I'd raise it
CHU-LIP
Miss by Özil sad.gif

(earlier Krasic had a big miss also)
Fishdoll
Lahm goalline clearance. Gosh.
kurtsimonw
What a great game so far, very enjoyable.
Dracoris
Well, Ozil's price tag just went up. 1-0 Ger
Fishdoll
96.gif Ozil!
kurtsimonw
Can't wait.

Quite unbelievable that the last time we played Germany competitively was 2001! blink.gif
Dracoris
Austrailia 1-0, sweet header
Dracoris
WOAH! What a goal!!! Austrailia 2-0
arivanjj
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!
arivanjj
come on you crazy germans. help us out sad.gif
kurtsimonw
The Convicts have hope!
arivanjj
ah damn it
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 23 2010, 08:52 PM) *
Can't wait.

Quite unbelievable that the last time we played Germany competitively was 2001! blink.gif

5-1 wasn't it? tongue.gif
samira
Oh 2-1 to Australia !
I hope Ghana goes trough , at least one african team !
easier to meet USA then England tongue.gif
Dracoris
Ghana scares me.
samira
FT, Germany - Ghana 1-0
And they are trough biggrin.gif !!!
arivanjj
get over yourselves Serbia. dry.gif
Fishdoll
+1 to ari, cos that was a great fightback.
arivanjj
thank you biggrin.gif

very proud of the boys!
Zed.D
This is a rather bold statement but Ozil's passing sometimes reminds me of that of Zidane.
kurtsimonw
If Germany and England play the way we did today it should be a classic.
MizNelson
I was able to watch the start of the England match this morning, and the lineup graphic (ESPN2) had Joe Hart starting in goal.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 23 2010, 08:26 PM) *
If Germany and England play the way we did today it should be a classic.

I can see it going to penalties and the Germans obviously dumping you on your @ss! biggrin.gif

In all seriousness both games were pretty open today, can't see that happening when England and Ze Germans meet
samira
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 23 2010, 09:37 PM) *
I was able to watch the start of the England match this morning, and the lineup graphic (ESPN2) had Joe Hart starting in goal.

James started
X-Offender
I don't know what to make of Oezil's performance. His goal was great and his talent is undisputed, but most of the game he was just wandering around losing balls. He's got to be more eager and convinced in his means.
Warchant
glad to get a rematch with Ghana after the usa's 06 world cup let down.

should be a good game.

i also just checked out the brackets

winner of England/Germany plays winner of Argentina/Mexico...wow
X-Offender
By the way, has anyone noticed how much Schweinsteiger has matured since he's started playing in center midfield? I really hope his injury wasn't anything serious, he's the brain of Germany's game.
arivanjj
italy line-up:
Marchetti
Criscito, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Zambrotta
De Rossi, Gattuso, Montolivo
Pepe, Iaquinta, Di Natale
Zed.D
Finally Lippi realizes it's no use playing with 10 (Gilardino)

Forza Italia! don't let us down!
Zed.D
0-1 rolleyes.gif thank you de rossi
marchetti, your no buffon!!
servbot
wtf gattuso....
Darunia
This team is terrible
Darunia
Pepe's workrate is impressive, but he lacks quality. Don't know what De Rossi is doing ..

Miss Pirlo sad.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (servbot @ Jun 24 2010, 05:55 PM) *
wtf gattuso....

you mean de rossi?
Fishdoll
Sigh.

Well, not hugely surprised even if I am disappointed. Italy have played like cack and really, a lot of stuff was wrong - coach, players, tactics.

This fish isn't sure who to cheer for now.
Fillipo Simone
De Rossi is the least problem now. Italy really surprises me. No will to play, no passion, just kicking around like they're not even remotely interested.
Fillipo Simone
...Ambrosini would here possibly be the best midfielder...I think this was Lippi's worst mistake.
servbot
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 24 2010, 08:27 AM) *
you mean de rossi?

I suppose, I've got the small screen at work streaming, it looked like #8, but I suppose #6 could look that way!
Zed.D
where the hell is Pirlo? mad.gif cry.gif

(Buffon looks like he's having a heart attack)
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 24 2010, 05:58 PM) *
De Rossi is the least problem now. Italy really surprises me. No will to play, no passion, just kicking around like they're not even remotely interested.

I disagree. they're trying but most of them are not good enough.

STUPID CANNA, trying to get yourself sent off?! subs off him FFS.
Warchant
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 24 2010, 09:28 AM) *
Sigh.

Well, not hugely surprised even if I am disappointed. Italy have played like cack and really, a lot of stuff was wrong - coach, players, tactics.

This fish isn't sure who to cheer for now.

i know a country you should be supporting wink.gif
Fishdoll
Soon as landycakes is injured and not playing, warchant. I really really really dislike him.wink.gif
Fishdoll
Eurosport italia is calling this Italy team 'totally unwatchable'. Sounds like it's accurate (i'm not seeing pictures and am not sure i've got the stomach to watch on replay.)
arivanjj
dirty dirty from gattuso.
Darunia
I thought it was accidental, just the follow through caught him on the leg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.