Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Fishdoll
This fish is sorry, Warchant. sad.gif
Warchant
what's more frustrating is i know they are so much better than this...but when it's time for them to show it...the fail.

so so frustrating
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 18 2010, 09:58 AM) *
FORZA USA & Algeria.

i dislike your Views on the Group, Slovenia will advance and destroy it's opposition
Zed.D

Slovenia can beat England too, as far as I'm concerned.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 18 2010, 10:47 AM) *
what's more frustrating is i know they are so much better than this...but when it's time for them to show it...the fail.

so so frustrating

i could gloat right now, but aside for the assault and battery gooch did on Nova, he's been solid.

GOOO SLOVENIJA
Fishdoll
They're surprising a lot of folks, but they've got a good, compact little squad that plays good ball despite the AWFUL Charlie Brown jerseys.
Warchant
slovenia is playing like the us was in 02.

playing as extreme underdog gives you a huge advantage in this kind of tournament.

now that the US is no longer in that role, they have no idea what to do.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 18 2010, 03:49 PM) *

You'll have no arguements from me. They're very, very good.. and we have Carragher.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 18 2010, 10:49 AM) *

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but we almost did in a friendly not to long ago it was 2-1 if i beleive.

PS. CBC(nation chain) is bullsh*t the whole halftime show is talking about Robert green/david James and germany's woes. Lord knows discussing the actual game at hand would be blasphemy
il_diavolo_mtl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP-p4clUzZQ

it was close

EDIT: except for rooney's dive in the box that gave lampart the PK
Fishdoll
THat's okay, mtl. ESPN only talked about this game/Tim Howard's ribs in the pregame for Germany-Serbia.
Warchant
this just gives non-soccer fans more fodder against US soccer fans

our country is slowly going back to not caring about soccer dry.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 18 2010, 10:55 AM) *
THat's okay, mtl. ESPN only talked about this game/Tim Howard's ribs in the pregame for Germany-Serbia.

i noticed how he (howard) limped increasingly after each goal... how frutti smile.gif
servbot
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 18 2010, 09:50 AM) *
i could gloat right now, but aside for the assault and battery gooch did on Nova, he's been solid.

GOOO SLOVENIJA
idk, seems like onyewu was on fault for messing up the offsides trap there.
Warchant
nice shot from donovan

early goal was exactly what we needed

we win this game....i don't know what i'd do
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 18 2010, 03:55 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP-p4clUzZQ

it was close

EDIT: except for rooney's dive in the box that gave lampart the PK

Pfft, that was a 50/50 clash. Not a penalty, but to call it a dive..
kurtsimonw
Onyewu offfor Hercules.
kurtsimonw
2-2.
Zed.D
I don't know if Slovenia stopped playing in the 2nd half, or America started playing.
CHU-LIP
there was no foul... unlucky USA

BTW: Michael Bradley cool.gif
kurtsimonw
That goal should have stood. Though Dempsey should have been off in the 1st minute for an elbow so at least he's been bad for both teams.
Zed.D
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 18 2010, 07:15 PM) *
there was no foul... unlucky USA

BTW: Michael Bradley cool.gif

The ref whistled before they scored so he must have seen something. there's too many players pulling each other, we can't tell.
Warchant
bad bad bad bad bad bad call

i think the ref called both sides poorly though.

oh well...at least it's not a loss

go algeria! tongue.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
WTF!?!?1?1?1?1?!?!?!?!?!?!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2010, 11:49 AM) *
That goal should have stood. Though Dempsey should have been off in the 1st minute for an elbow so at least he's been bad for both teams.

and latter for another elbow in the face
Zed.D
Very enjoyable game, fast paced and full of goal scoring opportunities. kudos to both teams.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 18 2010, 11:53 AM) *
bad bad bad bad bad bad call

i think the ref called both sides poorly though.

oh well...at least it's not a loss

go algeria! tongue.gif

He booked our whole backline.....

first half he calls a slightly pro slovenian game

second half he was booking us left and right and letting you guys get away with murder...
kurtsimonw
US should be proud of that comeback.

Shame about the officiating today in both games, very poor.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 18 2010, 04:53 PM) *
go algeria! tongue.gif

Are you sure? If we win, Algeria have nothing to play for against you. If they win, they're above you and will then play for the draw. If we win you're pretty much through (so long as you beat Algeria).
Dracoris
GO ENGLAND. If you guys win out we can go through with a victory against algeria.

FML. That was such a BS call. The ref still has no answer for the question "What was the call?". He wouldn't give the players an answer. Not only that but even the British announcer called for a penalty against Bradley on the same play. I just feel so cheated right now. Sorry Ireland. I almost know how you feel.
d'Arc.LP
OMG USA's goal was totally regular. I Hate that referee .

btw forza Algeria.
kurtsimonw
You will forget about it if you go through. If you go out though..

Finishing 2nd in the group might be an advantage after Germany lost today.
Dracoris
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 18 2010, 11:57 AM) *
He booked our whole backline.....

first half he calls a slightly pro slovenian game

second half he was booking us left and right and letting you guys get away with murder...

Get away with Murder!?!? The ref gifted you guys a point!!

Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2010, 11:12 AM) *
Are you sure? If we win, Algeria have nothing to play for against you. If they win, they're above you and will then play for the draw. If we win you're pretty much through (so long as you beat Algeria).

that is true...usa needs to be the underdog, they play much better

that was obviously seen in the 2nd half
CHU-LIP
edit: nvm, I forgot it was a draw blink.gif woops
kurtsimonw
Slovenia needs to beat England, why? If we're on the same points it makes no difference who wins.

Anyways, Onyewu getting slaughtered by the Americans on another forum.
Warchant
lol...no one still knows what the actual call was

bob bradley said: "heard a few things, but thinks it may have been M. Bradley trying to free himself from a bear hug."

just plain awful

what a debacle.

[edit] gooch did play poorly today. was mainly at fault for both goals. to his credit, the entire defense played poorly in the first half.
Dracoris
Yea, Gooch was no where near his best today.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 18 2010, 04:50 PM) *
Yea, Gooch was no where near his best today.

innocent.gif
Fillipo Simone
I don't see how Slovenia can beat England. Their defense is a weak point, they even conceeded a goal from New Zeland.

As for Germany - at Euro 06' they lost against Croatia, went to the final.
Did anyone mention Neuer? He wasn't very good in the whole match, many bad decisions.
kurtsimonw
Anyone can beat us with Carragher in defense, he is incredibly slow, has no positional sense and is wreckless, terrible defender.

Come on you Lions!
il_diavolo_mtl
the US slovenia game is one of a kind, how many games do we see were no team/player/fan is happy with officiating

and to mister "gifted us a point" i'm sorry if i missed him (the ref) putting on a birsa shirt and scoring...also make a non-call for a non-offside... he did however give you guys 349568734956839 free kicks in the span of 15 minute, till his conscious kicked in and disallowed a goal for god knows the reason. Karma... he couldn't sleep knowing his horrible calls would cost slovenia the game tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Algeria not bad at all. Reminds me on the England-Tunisia match in 1998 (France). I hope England wins.
Warchant
missed the first half...what's going on??
kurtsimonw
Worst ever first half performance by England? It's gotta be up there.

Fabio, Heskey is tall, we get it, but stop asking us to play long balls to him, Jesus Christ.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Worst ever first half performance by England? It's gotta be up there.

Agreed and the misery gets compounded by watching Chiles look through his notes just to remember what teams are playing.

Ah well at least it's near on impossible for the media to sugest we can win this tournament after this.
Fillipo Simone
So the media can now start bashing everyone sad.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 18 2010, 06:10 PM) *
I don't see how Slovenia can beat England. Their defense is a weak point, they even conceeded a goal from New Zeland.

As for Germany - at Euro 06' they lost against Croatia, went to the final.
Did anyone mention Neuer? He wasn't very good in the whole match, many bad decisions.

Neuer has made a ton of mistakes at his club this season. Sure he is talented, but also very easy overrated by people. Anyway, Germany only lost a group match, they are still competitors for the title.

Slovenia impressed, and England hasn't show to be super duper strong, so I think both sides have a shot in that game. But England favourite.
kurtsimonw
Carragher out of next game. biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
1 scouser down. (yellow to Carragher who will be suspended for their next game)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.