Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
kurtsimonw
I don't mind the amount of draws, it's the defensiveness of alot of teams that's annoying.

Anyways, heroic from NK so far.
servbot
Well if it's going to be like this, I hope NK wins 1-0.
samira
Yes , their defence are pretty good and Brazils midfielder are just watching then to do something.
Nr 9 in NK cried under the national anthem thumbup.gif
MizNelson
Brazil have been piss poor so far, which is pretty inexcusable considering that their opponents are 105th-ranked in the world.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 09:19 PM) *
FILIP!

HIHIHIHIHIHIHI! (Ribalutka daje Flor jedna borovnica!)

It's good to see you around even if it is while the tournament's so painfully boring.

DPRK holding their own so far. bit of a surprise, that.

Thank you!! (Flor salje poljupce) I'll be staying for a while now.

I don't mind the amount of draws, it's the defensiveness of alot of teams that's annoying.

I think it's a bit of Mourinho's fault. It's like he re-invented defensive football...

As for Korea,...I just hope Brazil win. I don't wanna see another 2002.
William405
What happened to Kaka,the best player in the world?
Warchant
it almost looks like brazil doesn't really care
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 15 2010, 09:30 PM) *

He went and played for Real Madrid.
samira
I wanna see Rameres play
MizNelson
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 15 2010, 12:31 PM) *
He went and played for Real Madrid.

We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen.

Hell, I heard Maicon's name invoked more by the American commentators in the first half.
Fishdoll
Wanna guess where the Italian media thinks he'll be next year, Miz? biggrin.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 15 2010, 02:30 PM) *

makes me sad everytime i see him
MizNelson
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 12:35 PM) *
Wanna guess where the Italian media thinks he'll be next year, Miz? biggrin.gif

I don't know, Fish. Us?

In the first half, the ESPN commentators mentioned Robinho's "maverick time" at Man City before going to Santos. Translation: He played like [expletive].
samira
Bastos freekicks .. ohmy.gif
MizNelson
Wow, SOMEBODY finally scored. Maicon.

Brazil 1-0.

The NK keeper was torched at his near post. Ouch.
Fishdoll
Maicon is supposedly going to join Real next season, or so Gazzetta, Mediaset, and the others would have you believe.

EDIT: Haha. And there he goes and scores a goal.
samira
1-0, Maicon! I should be happy.
Fish: He asked Mouriho if he can come along with him and he probably said yes
servbot
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 15 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Wow, SOMEBODY finally scored. Maicon.

Brazil 1-0.

The NK keeper was torched at his near post. Ouch.

Clearly he was looking for a cross and not a shot. The shot surprised me too, that was a tough angle but Maicon nailed it.
kurtsimonw
Unlucky that.
MizNelson
Still seems hard to believe that Ronaldinho isn't on the squad.
samira
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 15 2010, 07:44 PM) *
Still seems hard to believe that Ronaldinho isn't on the squad.

Honestly he still better then some of the youngster in the squad
CHU-LIP
I was really amazed by that goal, no way I thought it would went in when underway. It was beautiful.

N.Koreans were really playing well, strong defensively and organised, kudo's to the coach, 0-0 wasn't impossible. Now there is no hope for them I'd say, for this match.
MizNelson
And now an NK player is down and stretchered off the pitch.
samira
Park out
and another Park in tongue.gif
MizNelson
2-0 Brazil.

Elano.

Stick a fork in the Koreans, they're done.
samira
2-0 laugh.gif
even if NK doesn't deserve to lose
MizNelson
Wow, Kaka has been frickin' anonymous in this match.
samira
three inter players - Maicon Julio Ceasar and Lucio dry.gif
Zed.D
Kaka wasn't anonymous. Kaka was CRAP!!

I'm beginning to finally realize that, as some say, selling him was the best bit of business Galliani's ever done.
MizNelson
HAH! NK just scored. 2-1. The Spanish announcer is COMPLETELY marking out. smile.gif
Zed.D
2-1

COME ON NK, ONE MORE!!!
samira
GREAT ! They deserved it !! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Well done lad, delighted for them.
MizNelson
Brazil have always had this superiority complex when it comes to lesser opponents and it almost bit them in the rear tonight, with their lousy first-half play and conceding a late goal.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 15 2010, 01:13 PM) *
I'm beginning to finally realize that, as some say, selling him was the best bit of business Galliani's ever done.

I was one of the few who were aware of that from the day the transaction finally went through.
samira
Kaka's best years was in Milan.

servbot
Props to North Korea for not only defending well, but not giving up either after the two goals.

Well done.
Fishdoll
I won't see the game til later tonight but it sounds like they really fought for the result even if they ended up losing.

Do we give DPRK a fins up for the game?
samira
if they had just few minutes more, the score would be 2-2
Brazil became defending after the second goal
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 10:27 PM) *
I won't see the game til later tonight but it sounds like they really fought for the result even if they ended up losing.

I don't know what to say about it. Yes, in a way.

But I do find that particular team and nation very sad.
Someone mentioned the captain of the team did let a tear for the anthem. I think it was staged, croatian players used to do the same thing years ago with Yugoslavia.

As for the whole team - fear and repression did today a good job and thightened them into a defensive unit.

Kaka? I don't say he was crap, he blended in and played...well, like any other player, very ordinary.
Robinho was great on the other hand.
han2503
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 15 2010, 02:22 PM) *
@ Han

My bad man, my post about domination was in response to Kurt and your argument about the US -England game where he said possesion was 64% in England's favor, which just isn't true. The link on my post is actually to FIFA's official stats on the game smile.gif

I should have put a little quote thingy or clarified better, my mistake. I'll try not to do that again!

The reason I was confused by that is because the link took me to the Italy stats... huh.gif So that's why I thought you were talking about Italy, because at first before clicking the link I thought you ware talking about the England game.

No worries. We agree anyway! biggrin.gif fiesta.gif

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 02:24 PM) *
Ooo. Handbags at 10 paces between Demel and Cristine. Yellows for both.

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 15 2010, 02:27 PM) *
laugh.gif

Demel is the funny one there, it means manure in Maltese biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 15 2010, 02:51 PM) *
Yep, he is terrible. I would be better than him for England, at least I can run. The Americans made a mess of him when he came on.

By saying Barca are better than Spain he's basically just slagging off his teammate Torres, seeing as the rest of the team is basically the same.

biggrin.gif

Bitter idiot, he was never really any good imo, just started to get over hyped after the Istanbul performance dry.gif

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 08:27 PM) *

And a cookie. They were really great, I thought Brazil would really wipe the floor with them, but they made them look ametourish in the first half.

Like I thought, if Brazil are going to really play they need Maicon, he's just the driving force of that team, they really don't have any creativity when it comes to the short defence splitting passes. Still cannot believe Ronnie isn't there tbh. Kaka was utter cr@p especially in the 1st half when the only times he appeared he made a mistake...
Fishdoll
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 15 2010, 04:36 PM) *
Demel is the funny one there, it means manure in Maltese biggrin.gif

+1 to you and the penguins for that. It made my person laugh.

EDIT:

TEACH US MORE NAUGHTY WORDS IN MALTESE! 96.gif
Fishdoll
So, who a week ago would have thought that the teams to talk about on this matchday would be New Zealand and North Korea?
Warchant
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 03:27 PM) *

only if you're a commie tongue.gif
servbot
Someone please tell me that ESPN.com just sucks. Please?

[quote]Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has a "serious" back problem and the team physician said Tuesday it's uncertain whether he'll be able to play again in the World Cup.

Buffon exited Italy's 1-1 draw with Paraguay on Monday at halftime, and was replaced by backup keeper Federico Marchetti.

Team physician Enrico Castellacci said the problem was with the left side of Buffon's sciatic nerve, adding that "at the moment, no date can be set for his return."

Castellacci also said Buffon, who was absent from Italy's training Monday, will immediately begin physiotherapy.
quote]
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 09:40 PM) *
+1 to you and the penguins for that. It made my person laugh.

EDIT:

TEACH US MORE NAUGHTY WORDS IN MALTESE! 96.gif

Thankyou for the cookie!!

There are so many naughty words in Maltese and different versions of saying the same naughty word that I could open an entire thread on it biggrin.gif

But then again I think that applies to every language biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
servbot, I posted about it probably a couple of pages ago. That's what has been reported in the Italian media - sciatic nerve problem and no fixed date of return.

(And this fish still wants to learn more naughty Maltese words!)
Suhail 3
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2010, 10:01 PM) *
How many teams are you supporting!?
I must say though, it's interesting reading the aftermath of this. 8th ranked England dominated 14th ranked USA who got a draw through a fluke incident. 5th ranked Italy couldn't dominate a 31st ranked Paraguay and it's a well earned point? Very interesting. biggrin.gif

Come on Slovakia!

i only SUPPORT ITALIA

just want algerians to do well - not like they are england gonna trounce them
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 15 2010, 05:50 PM) *
servbot, I posted about it probably a couple of pages ago. That's what has been reported in the Italian media - sciatic nerve problem and no fixed date of return.

(And this fish still wants to learn more naughty Maltese words!)

Let's hope the Azzurri have a good chiropractor then! Or I might need some naughty Maltese words as well!
Fishdoll
btw, one group in South Africa that does deserve a cookie so far is the referees. I can't think of any major errors (or even minor ones) so far. The officiating has been good so far.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:55 PM) *
i only SUPPORT ITALIA

just want algerians to do well - not like they are england gonna trounce them

did my rain-clouds not deter you. FORZA SLOVENJIA!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.