Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
samira
Özil out.
Is it Özil or Oezil unsure.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (samira @ Jun 27 2010, 03:39 PM) *
Özil out.
Is it Özil or Oezil unsure.gif

It's Özil, but an alternative to it is Oezil for those who can't type Ö since Ö can also be spelled as Oe...
X-Offender
"Ö" is spelled "oe", kinda like "ō" is spelled "ou" in Japanese.
Dracoris
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 27 2010, 11:40 AM) *
It's Özil, but an alternative to it is Oezil for those who can't type Ö since Ö can also be spelled as Oe...

It can also be spelled A-w-e-s-o-m-e
samira
Wrigth-Phillips in .
If Half time ended 2-2 England would probably have more confidence.
samira
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 27 2010, 04:45 PM) *

I think Klose's name is spelled that way
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 27 2010, 03:45 PM) *

haha biggrin.gif I agree...

there is a song called A-W-E-S-O-M-E (and I find that song awesome btw...)
CHU-LIP
Germany through smile.gif 4-1

Summary:
Klose (Neuer assist) 1-0
Podolski (Müller assist) 2-0
Upson (Gerrard assist) 2-1
Lampard made 2-2 but didn't count
HT
Müller (Schweini assist) 3-1
Müller (Özil assist) 4-1
Jack Bauer
Another hyped England team, another big time failure. Nothing new.

Now the press will tear them apart just as fast as they hyped them before. It's the favorite english sport.
kurtsimonw
Oh well, maybe one day FIFA will put their money where it matters, anywhere but referees pockets.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Oh well, maybe one day FIFA will put their money where it matters, anywhere but referees pockets.

Just face the fact that Germany were miles better than England and that England have been shite from the very start. They deserved to go out.
Zed.D
Kurt

funny you don't even mention your players' amateurish mistakes. just blame Capello.

I mean, wtf did Rooney do? what a SUPER FLOP!
samira
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 27 2010, 04:48 PM) *
Germany through smile.gif 4-1

Summary:
Klose (Neuer assist) 1-0
Podolski (I think Klose assist) 2-0
Upson (Gerrard assist) 2-1
Lampard made 2-2 but didn't count
HT
Müller (Schweini assist) 3-1
Müller (Özil assist) 4-1

It was Klose.

and what a game, my mum laughed and had a smile on her face til FT.
But Germany will probably win, and I hope Argentina loses tonight.. dry.gif
The press is ready to tear apart Barry !! I wish I could hear their comentes under the game.
I fell sorry for Beckham to see that game, and another famous guy was there to, (don't remember his name tongue.gif )
The ref , not just this game . But they are not perfect..
kurtsimonw
They look like Bolton, they play like Bolton. Ugh, how can we go out to them?

Horrible decision cost us the game again. As the United fans say "Im having a party when Blatter dies".
Fishdoll
Germany deserved winners in this one. Yes, there was one very bad call but it isn't as if only england ever gets bad calls and it's not as if they didn't have a whole second half to come back from it. They just couldn't do that.

Germany were better on the day. Better by far.
Zed.D
I wish the ref hadn't made that mistake. I think Germany would've won nonetheless.
samira
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 27 2010, 04:52 PM) *
Just face the fact that Germany were miles better than England and that England have been shite from the very start. They deserved to go out.

They were lucky to go through from the start, everbody thought they would be better now when they released it serious but I guess not.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 27 2010, 06:52 PM) *

Of course, but he's too biased to admit it.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (samira @ Jun 27 2010, 03:55 PM) *
It was Klose.

Or was it Müller?

Anyway, this was one epic game. biggrin.gif I loved it!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 03:56 PM) *
They look like Bolton, they play like Bolton. Ugh, how can we go out to them?

Horrible decision cost us the game again. As the United fans say "Im having a party when Blatter dies".

They might have played like Bolton but where does that put England? Since they were hammered by them that is... sleep.gif

It was a horrible decision, but it's not like it effected the result anyway. And FIFA have better things to do then try to sabotage England who do it just fine by themselves every year without any outside "help" rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 27 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Germany deserved winners in this one. Yes, there was one very bad call but it isn't as if only england ever gets bad calls and it's not as if they didn't have a whole second half to come back from it. They just couldn't do that.

Germany were better on the day. Better by far.

I've heard alot say this, but I don't get it.

If they give the goal it's 2-2 and we have momentum, but they didn't and it gave Germany HT to recover. They then just played kick and chase and countered us - something that they couldn't have done if it was 2-2 because we wouldn't have been open.

Oh well, I can sit here and say they needed the refs to beat us and they can't talk about 66 again.
samira
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 27 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Or was it Müller?

I don't know, but I think its Klose.
Sorry Lampard.. But It happend to Germany -66 to
so payback is a *****.
But Germany deserved it.
And now It's time for England to go home to a media that will probably kill them.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 27 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Or was it Müller?

It was Müller 100%

Great win by Germany, one of the best matches so far. Just a pitty it was so soon.
Fishdoll
Kurt, both teams had halftime to recover from the bad call - England could (should?) have gone all out attacking at the start. They could easily have done so and, well, they didn't. The key players for England didn't step up - Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, the defense. The defense were shocking on the goals that were conceded.

The kids from Germany did step up. The shaky German defense wasn't really seriously tested.

I don't think it's valid to blame one bad call and/or an anti-England conspiracy on England's loss. I think England lost because the Germans were better.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 27 2010, 04:06 PM) *
It was Müller 100%

True.

If we are not going to sign Dzeko, Balotelli, Luis Fabiano, Neymar or so... then I want Müller...
kurtsimonw
Tennie, we did go all out attack because we had to, something that we had to do because of a horrible call. It cost us the game.

FIFAs stance on technology: too expensive, laughable.
Fishdoll
Kurt, the bad call didn't cost you the game. Being outplayed by a superior team cost you the game.
kurtsimonw
Ugh, forget it. You're being arguementative for the sake if it.

If the goal was given they couldn't have played the way they did because we wouldn't have commit that many forward, it's simple.

Could they have still won? Sure, but we'd have had the momentum.

It cost us the game.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 27 2010, 06:17 PM) *
Kurt, the bad call didn't cost you the game. Being outplayed by a superior team cost you the game.

Obviously. Germany have shown throughout the tournament to be a very capable team. What have England showed so far? A big pile of shite. Even if the goal was allowed, Germany would have won anyway. Superiority always overcomes luck.
CHU-LIP
Kurt has every right to be a bad loser in this since his NT got screwed. 2-2 or 2-1 is a huge difference which will affect the way you play. The match would have been different, still I liked Germany's odds a lot even then because they played way better, but still, you can't know. Probably it did cost the game which would have been lost anyway but not necessary. I understand Kurt's behaviour in this (I'd do the same). It's frustrated.

But Germany would have won anyway. 96.gif tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
Thanks for the understanding CHU-LIP. I sense a few are trying to wind me up.

Not to worry. Despite playing a game more, facing harder teams and conceeding 4 goals in 1 game, our defense was still no worse than Italys.
Milan Are Brilliant
Useless, utter useless.

I know we had a goal that wasn't allowed but we can't hide behind this, we were simply outclassed by a far, far superior side. We at times looked like amateurs, how Germany got their 1st I wouldn't expect to happen in a kick about with mates it was shambolic.

It's been coming, the team has been useless this competition, the worst I've certainly ever seen them. The team is not good enough, its stale, plain and is a million miles behind the best - certainly on the big stage.

Mr Rooney quite frankly got found out, I don't believe he wasn't fit he just isn't as good as some believe perhaps Euro 04 will be his only competition where he lights up.

The team's bad it wasn't even dissapointing, it was a whitewash and if it weren't for James we'd have lost by 6 or 7.
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 05:32 PM) *
Thanks for the understanding CHU-LIP. I sense a few are trying to wind me up.

Not to worry. Despite playing a game more, facing harder teams and conceeding 4 goals in 1 game, our defense was still no worse than Italys.

whos trying to wind who up? loll
LaPalma
Very very glad right now. Had to watch the game in Vienna and the Austrians don't care about football that much, so...meh. Anyway, bad call by the ref, it was obviously a goal. But hey, that's football. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not. That said, Fifa should definetely allow some tech in the game.
Besides that wrong decision we totally deserved to win, we simply played better football. Englands game was horrible, no flow, no teamplay. And how brilliant was young Thomas Müller? He only played one pro season for Bayern and is already that impressing. Özilo was great as well, just like Klose. But the real surprise of this tournament are Friedrichs rock solid performances. He was always someone who was "just there", but now at 31 he became really important for the team. Great great win.
X-Offender
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 27 2010, 06:46 PM) *
But the real surprise of this tournament are Friedrichs rock solid performances. He was always someone who was "just there", but now at 31 he became really important for the team. Great great win.

Finally someone mentioning it. I too think Friedrich has been sensational so far. I remember his horrid performances as RB in the past, so I never thought he'd actually be this good. And Neuer has been quite solid as well. The only position I think Germany suffers is the left flank. I think Boateng is quite mediocre, and Loew doesn't field Badstuber anymore. Perhaps give a chance to Aogo?
Warchant
0_o
Jack Sparrow
To say being 2-1 down in the first half...and that a disallowed goal in the 39th would have been a huge boost in momentum and that's the reason they lost is well kinda weird. biggrin.gif

I think this was one of those games, where everything Germany tried came off. They're usually not this good at finishing.

I'm worried about seeing Maradona naked now! biggrin.gif
Zed.D
Right now I'm SO PISSED OFF because Muller was in my fantasy team but I forget to play him in the XI. I'm so sad biggrin.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 27 2010, 05:38 PM) *
I'm worried about seeing Maradona naked now! biggrin.gif

Huh?

What did he say?
Zed.D
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 27 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Huh?

What did he say?

I think he'd said if Argentina won the WC he'd run naked somewhere in Buenos Aires (or something like that!)
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 27 2010, 06:38 PM) *
To say being 2-1 down in the first half...and that a disallowed goal in the 39th would have been a huge boost in momentum and that's the reason they lost is well kinda weird. biggrin.gif

I'm sick of saying it..

Because the goal was not given we had to attack. Because we had to attack we left space. Because we left space they scored goals.

It really is very straight forward.

I do thunk we'll get the 2018 WC now, we're the only country that seemingly has any fans at a WC.
samira
England would have more confidence if the goal was allowed

Edit: Messi has 20 shots at the target and none of them are goals
11 saved by the goalies .
73% of his passes is sucessful
would not call him bad but would not call him amazing either.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 05:23 PM) *
Ugh, forget it. You're being arguementative for the sake if it.

If the goal was given they couldn't have played the way they did because we wouldn't have commit that many forward, it's simple.

Could they have still won? Sure, but we'd have had the momentum.

It cost us the game.

I agree with you 99%. The goal effected how both teams came out and played their game.

But then again you're saying that that goal cost you the match, as if you're sure that had it been allowed England would have gone through, which is a load of ******** imo as Germany out classed them in every area of the pitch. Goal or no goal Germany would have still won this. England have been poor in every match in this competition bar 30 minutes against Slovenia, this outcome was inevitable
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 27 2010, 05:48 PM) *
I think he'd said if Argentina won the WC he'd run naked somewhere in Buenos Aires (or something like that!)

Oh, but that won't happen. smile.gif

If Mexico won't beat them, then Germany will for sure. wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 10:28 PM) *
I do thunk we'll get the 2018 WC now, we're the only country that seemingly has any fans at a WC.

samira
I agree on that, I think Argentina is more afraid of the next game instead of this one
even if I hope Mexico wins tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2010, 11:28 PM) *
I'm sick of saying it..

Because the goal was not given we had to attack. Because we had to attack we left space. Because we left space they scored goals.

It really is very straight forward.

I understand your logic on how they scored their next goals. But you have to admit Germany weren't parking the bus. The English offence had no ideas whatsoever. The fact was you can point the third and fourth goals to be down to a complete lack of organization. What the hell was Barry and Johnson doing??!! And the first goal... puke.gif at Terry and Upson.

I think there are many instances where teams have gone down by a goal and come back to win a match in the world cup. Without really being humiliated like this. England shouldn't lose to Germany by 3 goals. It was a bad performance.

Lampard and Gerrard and co. got schooled by a bunch of kids yet to see their 25th birthday. This is the tragedy of England! Beckham on one leg would have shown more resolve.

A disallowed goal got their heads down??!! WTH??
X-Offender
I think we can all (well, bar one person) agree that yes, the disallowed goal was scandalous and would have affected the course of the game, but nonetheless Germany would have still won because their supremacy towards England was clear as crystal.

*** END OF THE ARGUMENT ***

Now let's enjoy Argentina-Mexico.
Fishdoll
(zeddie! Rosetti is refereing Argentina-Mexico!)
samira
Rosetti as ref, what a game this is going to become !
DOS SANTOS biggrin.gif I think Barcelona is going to regret the sold him tongue.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.