Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Fishdoll
Sure.smile.gif I'm already in 2 leagues.
Fishdoll
Amusing and almost informed article from yahoo - the US version.

Top 10 World Cup Tough Guys

Nicely done for finding the clip from Scherzi a Parte of Rino chasing the guy around the parking lot. smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 2 2010, 12:19 AM) *
http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

You need to register on the Fifa website (it's free).

League code: 267344-80431

Joined. I hope to gub your asses.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 2 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Amusing and almost informed article from yahoo - the US version.

Top 10 World Cup Tough Guys

Nicely done for finding the clip from Scherzi a Parte of Rino chasing the guy around the parking lot. smile.gif

I found the whole thing interesting. But gosh..Algeria are thugs!!
servbot
In for the fantasy league.

[ ] Has fantasy football (not NFL) experience
[x] Going to win
[x] Fantasy sports trash-talker (until I start losing, of course)
Zed.D
Applies to me as well biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
FYI, Italy play Mexico in a friendly today (7.15 pm, CET) in Belgium. It's being televised on Telemundo in the US.

Here's the projected lineup according to tuttomercatoweb (keeping in mind that Chiellini is still training lightly as he recovers from injury, he'll be fine for the tournament):
Buffon
Zambrotta Cannavaro Bonucci Bocchetti
De Rossi Pirlo
Marchisio
Iaquinta Gilardino Di Natale
William405
Looks good,I hope I will see a good match because all the friendlies I have watched recently sucks,no commitment at all.
servbot
EDIT: Maybe I should just learn how to read. The words "in Belgium" explain it perfectly.....lol
Fishdoll
Too much deep dish is bad for you, servbot. You should come over to the side of Brooklyn style! biggrin.gif
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 3 2010, 10:30 AM) *
Too much deep dish is bad for you, servbot. You should come over to the side of Brooklyn style! biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I'm allegedly going to NYC in July, so I'm going to find out once and for all! Of course, if you ever make it out to Chicago, I'll try to convert you to experience true heaven on earth.
William405
hmmm...Go azzuri!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 1 2010, 11:37 PM) *
lol, never saw this until now, they surely make a big Arsch out of theirselves if they screw up biggrin.gif

i hope my slovenia destroy them, which they almost did weren't it for preferable calls from the ref a few months back smile.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 3 2010, 08:05 AM) *
FYI, Italy play Mexico in a friendly today (7.15 pm, CET) in Belgium. It's being televised on Telemundo in the US.

Here's the projected lineup according to tuttomercatoweb (keeping in mind that Chiellini is still training lightly as he recovers from injury, he'll be fine for the tournament):
Buffon
Zambrotta Cannavaro Bonucci Bocchetti
De Rossi Pirlo
Marchisio
Iaquinta Gilardino Di Natale

iaquinta?!?!!?....on the wing!?!?!?! i want rossi sad.gif
Fishdoll
Don't think I'll stay up to watch the replay. Mexico's up 2-0. Embarrassing.
William405
2-1 Ft,expected much better from Italy.
Zed.D
I have some very nasty things ready to say, but I'm gonna give Lippi one more chance realmad.gif what's the point of leaving Rossi behind and playing Iaquinta on the wing, I'll never understand. he's completely lost it!
Fishdoll
Don't forget his calling up the Ikea chair, zeddie.
Zed.D
What? biggrin.gif who's the Ikea chair?
Fishdoll
The Ikea chair wearing the captain's armband. smile.gif Or didn't I translate that? There were a series of games midseason this year during which the venerable captain of the Italian national team was compared to an Ikea chair (actually, the Ikea chair got a better review).
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 3 2010, 08:29 PM) *
I have some very nasty things ready to say, but I'm gonna give Lippi one more chance realmad.gif what's the point of leaving Rossi behind and playing Iaquinta on the wing, I'll never understand. he's completely lost it!

EXACTLY what I kept thinking throughout that entire match. MY GOD!!! I was ready to f***** gauge my eyes out with a spoon.

I don't think they even managed to string a maximum of 4 passes together. They need to get their act together quick!! And Lippi needs to f**** decide what he wants to do! First botching the selections then he doesn't even know what to do with the guys he's chosen!!! Marchisio was disappointing at best, sorry Fish! Same goes for Bonucci and Criscito, I hate to say this, but maybe they're not as ready as we all thought they would be.

And when I saw him bringing that headless chicken Pepe by the 45th minute I was ready to flip the TV over!! He's going to give me a coronary during this World Cup!!!

I just don't understand the logic! Why play 2 target men in a 4-3-3 when you chose to leave Rossi behind. And iaquinta!! Don't even try to convince me that this guy is there on any other merit besides the club he plays for and because he's a Lippi favourite!!

And then there was the fact that the entire Italy game plan seemed to be to punt the ball up to Gila/Iaquinta. Di Natale is our only skilled attacker and he barely even touched the ball. Which is a shame because with that midfield they should have been able to at least give him balls to feet. We made Mexico look like a team of world beaters, at one point the possession was something like 35% - 65% in Mexico's favour! EMBERASSING!!!

There better be some form of improvement against Switzerland. The 4-3-3 should be scrapped, we don't have the players for it. Lippi should have thought of this before excluding Rossi and Bori while only leaving box/target strikers!

Do yourself and your person a favour fish, and don't bother staying up to watch this match!

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 3 2010, 08:34 PM) *
The Ikea chair wearing the captain's armband. smile.gif Or didn't I translate that? There were a series of games midseason this year during which the venerable captain of the Italian national team was compared to an Ikea chair (actually, the Ikea chair got a better review).

Canna for Italy is a different story imo. If there was the option to have Nesta instead of him, sure I would jump at that chance, but sadly that's not the case, Chiellini is the only really experianced CB, Bonucci will be a monster in a couple of year's time but that's not now, he really made some silly mistakes today.

Also that ball is really ridiculous. It's falling here one momnet, bounces and changes it's tragectory completely!
Locke Lamora
Lippi: 'It's not the real Italy'
Thursday 3 June, 2010

Marcello Lippi insists “this is not the real Italy” and blames the performance against Mexico entirely on fitness work.

“We spent 10 days in the mountains and came down today to face a side that has already played seven friendlies, so was obviously in better shape,” he said of the 2-1 defeat in Brussels.

“The game should only be read this way. I know these players very well and this really wasn't their true form, it was not the real Italy.

“They had heavy legs and it's not important to be in good shape now, but rather in about 10 days.

“If we too had played seven games without training or focusing on fitness work, then we'd be playing well right now too.”

The Azzurri have planned only one more friendly ahead of their World Cup debut against Paraguay on June 14.

That will be on Saturday evening against Switzerland in Geneva. The Mexico defeat ended an eight-match unbeaten run for Italy, who had never previously lost to El Tri.

Carlos Vela and Alberto Medina got the winning goals, tempered only by a late Leonardo Bonucci tap-in.

The overall performance was poor, as Mexico had 65 per cent of the possession.

This. Stinks.
Fishdoll
Hrm. Okay, yeah, not staying up for this one especially since my favorite (Chiellini) isn't even playing. I'll tell my person not to stay up either.

Lalalala. Um. Viva Espana?
MizNelson
Why is international football so obsessed with its players' sexual habits (especially during the World Cup)? You don't see this in any other sport.
servbot
This is silly, but because it's North Korea, I find this really funny. Totally immature on my part, of course.

JOHANNESBURG -- A striker for North Korea's national team can't be used as a field player at the World Cup because he was listed as a goalkeeper on the official 23-man squad, FIFA said Thursday.

Kim Myong Won, a forward for club team Amrokgang, was listed as a goalkeeper in the final squad submitted to FIFA by North Korea coach Kim Jong Hun. The deadline for the 23-man rosters was Tuesday.

"The three players listed as goalkeepers can only play as goalkeepers during the FIFA World Cup and cannot play outfield," FIFA said. "Kim Myong Won will not be allowed to play as an outfield player if he has been put on the list as a goalkeeper."

All 32 teams competing at the World Cup were required to submit a 30-man squad to FIFA by May 11. From those squads, the teams then had to trim to 23 by June 1, with exceptions only for injuries.

North Korea, however, submitted only a 23-man squad by May 11, and sent in the same list for Tuesday's deadline.

The North Korean team arrived in Johannesburg on Wednesday and apparently canceled a training session scheduled for Thursday. No one with the team was immediately available for comment.

In North Korea, Kim is known as a powerful striker, and his ability to sprint earned him the nickname "The Chariot."

At the World Cup, North Korea will face Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast in Group G. Before that, the team has a friendly against Nigeria on Sunday.

The last time the North Koreans qualified for the World Cup was 1966, when they reached the quarterfinals, but then lost 5-3 to Portugal despite leading 3-0.

ESPN.com
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 3 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Hrm. Okay, yeah, not staying up for this one especially since my favorite (Chiellini) isn't even playing. I'll tell my person not to stay up either.

Lalalala. Um. Viva Espana?

Nah, too much hype!

I'm still behind the Azzurri 100%, just looking forward for this to be over so Prandelli can take over.

Once Italy get KO'd I'll support whoever plays the best football. England and Germany are the only 2 teams that I have an aversion to.
Fishdoll
There's always a chance the Azzurri will wake up and remember how to play football in South America. One can hope.
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 3 2010, 04:50 PM) *
There's always a chance the Azzurri will wake up and remember how to play football in South America. One can hope.

I see what you did there.
X-Offender
Saw the first half, absolutely outrageous. Leaving Rossi and Borriello home will be a mistake Lippi shall regret.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (servbot @ Jun 3 2010, 09:46 PM) *
This is silly, but because it's North Korea, I find this really funny. Totally immature on my part, of course.

I honestly fear for their players lives if they get humiliated. I'm not even joking.
X-Offender
Drogba to miss the World Cup as well! ohmy.gif

What the F is going on?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2010, 01:42 PM) *
Drogba to miss the World Cup as well! ohmy.gif

What the F is going on?

poor Africa teams,... at ''their'' WC....
X-Offender
Apparently Rio Ferdinand is out as well. blink.gif
Fishdoll
They're dropping like flies and the tournament hasn't even started yet!
X-Offender
Aye, we might as well start making predictions of who will be next.
Zed.D
Mediaset says Pirlo also risks missing the World Cup with a calf injury...

@ X-Off

Is Drogba sure to miss the World Cup? cause goal.crap says he will make it unsure.gif
X-Offender
Sportmediaset and L'Equipe make it a sure thing.
Fishdoll
Tuttomercatoweb quotes the Azzurri team doctor as saying Pirlo will be out 15-20 days.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 4 2010, 09:50 PM) *
Tuttomercatoweb quotes the Azzurri team doctor as saying Pirlo will be out 15-20 days.

Will he go to the SA? or he will be replaced?
Fishdoll
I'm pretty sure he'll go.
servbot
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is “definitely not out” of the World Cup at this stage and is awaiting the verdict of the Ivory Coast medical team on his injured arm, a national federation spokesman told Press Association Sport.

Source: A guy I know from my poker forum who works as a sports columnist in England.

He also says Gerrard has been named the new England captain to replace Ferdinand.
han2503
Oh my!!! No Pirlo? Well that just takes away my last tiny hope of this WC not being a complete disaster for my Azzurri cry.gif
Jack Sparrow
+1!!

And f@ck off...he's my Pirlo..not yours! MINE!!!!

dry.gif

realmad.gif
Fishdoll
This fish blames the PENGUINS!
il_diavolo_mtl
Slovenia is Spanking the sh*t out of New Zealand. Granted it's New Zealand, but i would not be surprised if slovenja finishes 2nd behind england, a team they would of beat 6 months ago if the ref wasn't unjust.
Fishdoll
*raises a fin* mtl, isn't that the OTHER Handanovic in goal?

EDIT: also hahahahahaha. FT France 0-1 China. HAHAHA laugh.gif
X-Offender
I don't expect France to pass their group. Really.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 4 2010, 04:21 PM) *
*raises a fin* mtl, isn't that the OTHER Handanovic in goal?

EDIT: also hahahahahaha. FT France 0-1 China. HAHAHA laugh.gif

looked like it , i had a fuzzy feed, that being said i am Bromancing over Novakovic, he is trully amazing
X-Offender
mtl, how come you support Slovenia?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2010, 05:18 PM) *
mtl, how come you support Slovenia?

because i'm half slovenian and half italian and were it not for the mumblings of independence in 1990, i wouldn't be here today. so i owe alot to Slovenja...my life in fact.

Edit: I'm older then slovenia smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.