Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Tennie
And hey..kudos to La Palma. Germany are having fun today against Liechtenstein. It's Liechtenstein 0 - 5 Germany in the 84th. Goals by: Podolski (2), Rolfes, Schweinsteiger and Hitzlsperger.
I_Rossoneri
Did someone have Germany down to score 5? If so they are...5-0 up smile.gif

Edit: Tennie beat me to it. Dangerous moment there for Italy from a Cyprus corner.
Giancarlo
I'm laughing so hard at France right now lol... and Mexes... what happened... I used to like him!

BTW 6-0 Germany. 4 goals in like 20 minutes from the 65th or so...
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 6 2008, 09:27 PM) *
I'm laughing so hard at France right now lol... and Mexes... what happened... I used to like him!

BTW 6-0 Germany. 4 goals in like 20 minutes from the 65th or so...

What did mexes do?
Giancarlo
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 6 2008, 08:29 PM) *
What did mexes do?

I believe he had an own goal (the first one)... unless this feed I'm looking at is wrong... and I've been hearing he's been less than impressive...
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 6 2008, 09:30 PM) *
I believe he had an own goal (the first one)... unless this feed I'm looking at is wrong... and I've been hearing he's been less than impressive...

Livescore says he 'scored' the second biggrin.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 6 2008, 09:30 PM) *

BTW congratulations on your 1000th post smile.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 6 2008, 08:32 PM) *
BTW congratulations on your 1000th post smile.gif

Dear god.

lol. That's too much.

I've only been here a month.
Tennie
The Argies scored another goal, this one in their own net. Aguero. Argentina 1 - 1 Paraguay.
I_Rossoneri
Good save by Buffon although Canna should have stopped the shot. Cyprus look dangerous on the counter. Very dangerous shot from the resulting corner.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 6 2008, 09:33 PM) *
Dear god.

lol. That's too much.

I've only been here a month.

You've got too much time on your hands then! laugh.gif

I've only made 3400 in 3 years!!!!!!!!
Giancarlo
Well I'm usually on reading online journal articles for classes... I'm taking a break...

Did Italy score towards the end? WTF?

Usually Italy never scores towards the end of the match... (I do remember that game against Scotland)... but we deserve this win more than those Cypriot thugs.

Di Natale wink.gif
Habitant
hahaha what a pass by gil1!
Tennie
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif GOAL DI NATALE! Cyprus 1 - 2 Italy

(Fishdoll might have to get an Udinese scarf for that. Man, Di Natale is in great form right now).
I_Rossoneri
Something going on with Rino and the Cyprus players, looks like he's had some revenge? smile.gif

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!! Italy score
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 6 2008, 09:39 PM) *
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif GOAL DI NATALE! Cyprus 1 - 2 Italy

(Fishdoll might have to get an Udinese scarf for that. Man, Di Natale is in great form right now).

Not bad for a 30 year old striker... and not bad for a guy who was constantly chopped down by those thugs... even if they injured us, and while we had issues in our defense, we should a lot of character.

Di Natale for Milan... heheheh... I would have bought him instead of Sheva honestly...
I_Rossoneri
Great backheel from Gila, look what we're missing tongue.gif
TriniKing_CE
Di Natale is on Fire! - WooHoo
Nice lead up to the goal - Gila to Cameronasi to Di Natale - GOOOAL cool.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 6 2008, 08:40 PM) *

it was an amazing play ohmy.gif
kurtsimonw
Great, Germany win, Italy win, Argentina are turning it around. Now all I need is for France to miraculously score 3 goals in the last minute to make it really complete. rolleyes.gif
Giancarlo
Did the France - Austria match end? biggrin.gif

3-1?
Darunia
Yes
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Great, Germany win, Italy win, Argentina are turning it around. Now all I need is for France to miraculously score 3 goals in the last minute to make it really complete. rolleyes.gif

England won, you should be happy smile.gif

Talking of the England game I think it's diabolical that there's no highlights on terrestrial tv tonight! At least when Sky had the England games you got highlights later on! Screw paying more for that awful sultana sports.
han2503
Great goal, by Italy, Gila, Camo and Di Natale did brilliantly there
Giancarlo
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Great goal, by Italy, Gila, Camo and Di Natale did brilliantly there

We were quite good up front, but need to finish more effectively... the injuries to our defenders did not help.

But what character... this is a major boost for Lippi and the Azzurri... though it is a bit overshadowed by that injury to Grosso and Gamberini. I think that Dossena will be called up again... he's pretty solid. I think Barzagli should be dropped tho... Gattuso was solid in the midfield. Our players (and former player) did well.

You know one thing I've heard about the Cypriots is that they don't play nicely and have been known to take down big teams...

Anyways, I'm off... lots of good stuff today. Italy winning... France losing lol...
Tennie
HT Spain 0 - 0 Bosnia

Bosnia are, unsurprisingly, parking the bus for this one. They've got a couple of yellows so far.

David Villa missed a penalty.
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 6 2008, 08:40 PM) *

I always said the kid's got class, but no one here believed me (except for kurt) happy.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 6 2008, 08:47 PM) *
We were quite good up front, but need to finish more effectively... the injuries to our defenders did not help.

But what character... this is a major boost for Lippi and the Azzurri... though it is a bit overshadowed by that injury to Grosso and Gamberini. I think that Dossena will be called up again... he's pretty solid. I think Barzagli should be dropped tho...

You know one thing I've heard about the Cypriots is that they don't play nicely and have been known to take down big teams...

Anyways, I'm off... lots of good stuff today. Italy winning... France losing lol...

smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 6 2008, 09:44 PM) *
England won, you should be happy smile.gif

Talking of the England game I think it's diabolical that there's no highlights on terrestrial tv tonight! At least when Sky had the England games you got highlights later on! Screw paying more for that awful sultana sports.

Scotland and Wales had pretty humilating results to, and France ended up losing so it's been an okay day.

Setana Sports is poor, the only reason I have it is because it comes with NASN. Did you hear the England fans chanting "We hate Setanta" laugh.gif

I always said the kid's got class, but no one here believed me (except for kurt)

I think we were expecting too much when we thought Carlo knew how to use talent. tongue.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 10:41 PM) *

Oh shut it, Scotland lost against Macedonia, that should keep you happy.
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 10:41 PM) *

Did you expect anything else against Liechtenstein? laugh.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2008, 04:48 PM) *
I always said the kid's got class, but no one here believed me (except for kurt) happy.gif

I never doubted Gilardnio!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 6 2008, 09:57 PM) *
Oh shut it, Scotland lost against Macedonia, that should keep you happy.

I suppose it'll do until Wednesday.

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 6 2008, 09:58 PM) *
Did you expect anything else against Liechtenstein? laugh.gif

I wasn't questioning whether you'd win. It's annoying that you got so many though! At least Der hammer scored!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 11:52 PM) *
I think we were expecting too much when we thought Carlo knew how to use talent. tongue.gif

Well he did play him the most .. He just dropped him on the last couple of months. He had 3 yrs and didn't cut it, I agree with Tennie's insight that the shirt was too heavy for him.

I wish him luck with the Azzurri and Fiorentina. He was a great striker when he was at Parma and I wish him a successful future smile.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 10:59 PM) *
I suppose it'll do until Wednesday.

And what happens on wednesday? Public hanging of Angus McDoogal in Birmingham town centre?
Tennie
Well, this might cheer you a touch, Kurt.

FT Argentina 1-1 Paraguay
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 6 2008, 09:59 PM) *
Well he did play him the most .. He just dropped him on the last couple of months. He had 3 yrs and didn't cut it, I agree with Tennie's insight that the shirt was too heavy for him.

I wish him luck with the Azzurri and Fiorentina. He was a great striker when he was at Parma and I wish him a successful future smile.gif

I know, I know, I'm just messing. I'll keep poking fun at Carlo until he starts giving me the results I want! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 6 2008, 10:02 PM) *
And what happens on wednesday? Public hanging of Angus McDoogal in Birmingham town centre?

I'm hoping for a nice Croatian roasting with a side dish of revenge.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 6 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Well, this might cheer you a touch, Kurt.

FT Argentina 1-1 Paraguay

God knows how it finished like that. Aguero should have scored another 1 or 2, missed some easy chances. Paraguay are still top of the group, credit to them - without their two starting strikers either.
Zed.D
Italy were embarrassing. not because they only scored 2 goals against 'Cyprus', but because Cyprus could actually score +4 goals. they were extremely unlucky. but I didn't know Gamberini dislocated his shoulder until this very moment (that could explain Italy's lackluster performance a bit).

Gila's move on Italy's second goal was priceless sleep.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 10:59 PM) *
I wasn't questioning whether you'd win. It's annoying that you got so many though! At least Der hammer scored!

One of my favorite players. His left foot is more powerful than....anything else. Simply amazing.
But I have to criticize Löw for bringing Klose. This guy is done. Helmes or Gomez would have done a much better job.
Fillipo Simone
So...

I watched both Croatia-Kazakhstan and Austria-France..
Croatia won 3-0 (last goal by Petrić) and finalized a very good warm-up match for the England-clash. Problems with injuries bug us now more then usual - Modric, Krizanac, N. Kovac and Petric all have slight problems but will start. Our keeper (Pletikosa) is in terrible form, and Simunic struggles to find a regular place in Hertha which also makes him a bit insecure. I'd tip England will manage a draw, but not a win. I don't want our winning streak to and at this moment.

On the Austria game - Karel Brückner, their new coach made some interesting changes. He's pushing them up to the next level and maybe they could surprise.

In Domenech's defense (if it's possible) France are far from the team they had in 1998, 2000 or even 2006. Their midfield isn't good enough. No Makelele, Vieira, Zidane, Ribery,...makes them look pretty impotent. He tried out Gourcuff, but he was in Milan-form. Henry-Govou-Anelka just look boring. Trez wouldn't make a difference. Only Benzema is jumping out. Toulalan should really be benched/replaced by Flamini. But he did call up Mexes!

And well...Mandanda is a promising keeper, he'll do a good job, I'm very sure of that.
Tennie
Goal David Villa in the 57th. Spain 1 - 0 Bosnia.

One other result of note: Albania 0 - 0 Sweden.
Fillipo Simone
sad.gif ...I expected Bosnia to make a surprise.

I hope Sweden will rejuvenate their squad cause the last Euro performance was more then just bad.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 6 2008, 10:17 PM) *
And well...Mandanda is a promising keeper, he'll do a good job, I'm very sure of that.

Hmm. That name is new to me, I'll keep a lookout for him.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 6 2008, 10:21 PM) *
I hope Sweden will rejuvenate their squad cause the last Euro performance was more then just bad.

Me too. I would like to see them in South Africa, but I don't think they'll make it.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 11:34 PM) *
Hmm. That name is new to me, I'll keep a lookout for him.

Me too. I would like to see them in South Africa, but I don't think they'll make it.

Well, I guess they'll be replaced by Denmark cool.gif this time. It's been a while since JDT shined on a late tournament stage,..

Mandanda - the young promising No.1 keeper of Marseille; he's very good IMO..
amancik
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 7 2008, 05:10 AM) *
Gila's move on Italy's second goal was priceless sleep.gif

Is that sarcasm or what?
Rossoneri7
Sheva scored a 90min pen for Ukraine
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 6 2008, 09:52 PM) *
Scotland and Wales had pretty humilating results to, and France ended up losing so it's been an okay day.

Setana Sports is poor, the only reason I have it is because it comes with NASN. Did you hear the England fans chanting "We hate Setanta" laugh.gif

That doesn't surprise me about the fans wink.gif Thing is I can understand a broadcaster paying for the rights to an international, but why doesn't the government force them to show highlights? I could understand it if it was a friendly. I'm sure there are certain sporting events that terrestrial tv have to cover so that the whole country can watch? and I'm sure that international qualifiers come under this category. Hopefully this setanta will go bust anyway smile.gif
Portman
We were OK. 4-0 in Malta without Cristiano, Quaresma and some others.

Now it's Denmark, next Wednesday.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 6 2008, 11:24 PM) *
That doesn't surprise me about the fans wink.gif Thing is I can understand a broadcaster paying for the rights to an international, but why doesn't the government force them to show highlights? I could understand it if it was a friendly. I'm sure there are certain sporting events that terrestrial tv have to cover so that the whole country can watch? and I'm sure that international qualifiers come under this category. Hopefully this setanta will go bust anyway smile.gif

I think all England games, friendly or not, should be shown on BBC personally. I think everybody should have the right to watch them without having to pay for Sky and then having to buy Setanta.
amancik
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2008, 07:03 AM) *
I think all England games, friendly or not, should be shown on BBC personally. I think everybody should have the right to watch them without having to pay for Sky and then having to buy Setanta.

Yep, I used to subscribe to Telewest Broadband (basic channels). But most of the games are being shown on Skysports. BBC or ITV should broadcast any of England matches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.