Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Warchant
didn't get up in time to see the slovenia vs. algeria match. even though slovenia got the win, it seems like everything i've read makes it seem the match was a bit of a bore. anyone have any other thoughts on it?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 13 2010, 09:48 PM) *
or just poach brasillian/turkish/polish/hungarian/granadian/bosnian/tunisian talent and call it your own...

blablablablablablabla
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 13 2010, 06:37 PM) *
blablablablablablabla

i wish every post had this amount of insight.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 13 2010, 06:14 PM) *
didn't get up in time to see the slovenia vs. algeria match. even though slovenia got the win, it seems like everything i've read makes it seem the match was a bit of a bore. anyone have any other thoughts on it?

both teams came out flat, Super Nova proved despite his recent brace in a friendly, he isn't 100%.

few entertaining parts to the game included aa brain fart by Ghezzal good play by the algerean/rangers center back. Samuel-like chalanges from Suler, a brain fart by suler, and a green-esque goal let in by the algerian keeper
Suhail 3
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 13 2010, 01:28 AM) *
i hope you get rained on for such traitorous comments

i aint even gonna lie i was in a t shirt walkin home in the rain sad.gif like wtf dude ? and algeria lost too lol
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Jun 14 2010, 01:05 AM) *
i aint even gonna lie i was in a t shirt walkin home in the rain sad.gif like wtf dude ? and algeria lost too lol

Rain was bad up there too? I had to play football in it, not fun. sad.gif

Although, I got to miss "Germany" winning, so I don't mind.
Fishdoll
But Kurt, by your own preferred interpretation (you play for the country in which you were born), Aogo, Tasci, Khedira, Ozil, Boateng, and Gomez ARE German and should play for Germany.

kurtsimonw
Yeah. Where did I say they weren't German? unsure.gif

It's just very sad that of the 5 incidents in the game, 2 of the 4 goals were scored by a nation not even competing. 1 goal was scored by a nation that hasn't even played yet. The sending off was also to a player of a nation that didn't qualify.
Fishdoll
And I disagree again with your interpretation of what constitutes nationality in terms of eligibility to represent a country in football competitions. But, well, that argument's been revisited at length recently so I'd prefer to drop it.
kurtsimonw
Fair enough.

It's certainly an area I would like England to exploit. I don't see why we don't just have a scouting network where we identify the best players in the World at the ages of 11-14, then basically make them and there family an offer to move to England and give them a fairly large amount of money on the agreement that they play for England if they make it to International level. By the ages of 16-19 they will be eligible to play for this country due to the amount of time they've been residents. I honestly have no idea why we haven't done it yet.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 06:02 AM) *
So, perhaps now, guys who don't watch the Bundesliga can see why this fish is such a huge fan of Mesut Ozil.

The Germans with a dominant display so far.

(And sorry, Ari!)

that was torturing to watch sad.gif
servbot
What do you guys think of the vuvuzelas? Seems every casual fan in the US despises them so far, and fans are kind of split. I've found that they are tolerable on the Spanish broadcasts, which I prefer to watch anyways, but the ESPN broadcast has been awful with drowning the sound out. I don't even want to imagine what it sounds like on the pitch.
Fishdoll
Y'know, servbot, I saw the early game today at a pub and didn't even really notice them until my friends asked 'wtf is that NOISE'. I tune 'em out. And so far have mostly been watching the games in Portuguese on ESPN Deportes where they're quite audible.
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 13 2010, 10:21 PM) *
Y'know, servbot, I saw the early game today at a pub and didn't even really notice them until my friends asked 'wtf is that NOISE'. I tune 'em out. And so far have mostly been watching the games in Portuguese on ESPN Deportes where they're quite audible.

At the pub I didn't notice them either, because there's a lot of background noise in the building. But at home, they are loud and clear on the ESPN English version. I don't mind them terribly, but it seems like many people who were going to give the World Cup a chance are now tuning out because of them. And it has to be dreadful for the players trying to communicate over them.
Dracoris
I hate it so much....but I'm learning to tune it out!

kurtsimonw
QUOTE (servbot @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 AM) *
What do you guys think of the vuvuzelas?

In short, they're ruining the competition for me. I just don't enjoy watching the games. The noise is bad enough, but it's the fact they completely drown out any atmosphere that's the worst thing.

There aren't many things that've been good about this compeition yet. Probably only the officiating, surprisingly.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 13 2010, 08:37 PM) *
Italy needs to look at this Germany and learn a few things. such a refreshing young team!

Italy's problem is Lippi, I think Prandelli will be the guy who finally changes this mantelity that older is better. Plus the Juve bias will finally be gone from the national team, it's shocking that in any lineup Lippi picks there are atleast 4 Juve players in it, especially when they were so cr@p this season, aside from Chellini and Buffon there shouldn't be any other Juve player in the starting line-up. Marchisio was good this season, but he's not been that convincing for Italy.

We'll see what Lippi picks tonight, what I'm scared of mostly is a Gila, Iaquinta, Quagliarella/Pepe attacking line, leaving out Di Natale and Pazzini in the process.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (servbot @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 AM) *
What do you guys think of the vuvuzelas?

A discrage. I mean, they are really annoying. sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 14 2010, 07:33 AM) *
A discrage. I mean, they are really annoying. sad.gif

Hopefully someone throws one on the pitch so they can be banned biggrin.gif
arivanjj
any predictions for dutch and azzurri games?

i think 2-0 to holland
and 3-2 to italia

smile.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2010, 07:32 AM) *
We'll see what Lippi picks tonight, what I'm scared of mostly is a Gila, Iaquinta, Quagliarella/Pepe attacking line, leaving out Di Natale and Pazzini in the process.

Sportmediaset says they'll be playing with Iaquinta, Pepe and Gilardino up front. If that's true, oh my god!!!
Fishdoll
Sky tg24 just had the same starting attack on their story about the game.

I am a scared fish.

Jack Sparrow
Wij houden van Oranje!!

Hup, Holland, Hup!!!
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Sportmediaset says they'll be playing with Iaquinta, Pepe and Gilardino up front. If that's true, oh my god!!!

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 01:58 PM) *

I am a scared fish.

CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2010, 08:05 AM) *
Hopefully someone throws one on the pitch so they can be banned biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif as long as they get banned... what if a country will complain officially about them? Then they would be banned they said, didn't they? unsure.gif

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 14 2010, 09:30 AM) *
any predictions for dutch and azzurri games?

i think 2-0 to holland
and 3-2 to italia

smile.gif

Dutch will win, though Denmark only team in their poule who could cause trouble IMO
Italy, ouch, I don't expect them to beat Paraguay tbh ohmy.gif
Fishdoll
Should we dip you in orange paint today, Jack?
Dracoris
Are the announcers saying Kjaer's name right? ( Zhar )
Fishdoll
Not really, no. But they're not slaughtering it. In Danish it'd be 'kyair' (more or less).
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2010, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 10:28 AM) *

I am a scared fish.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 14 2010, 11:00 AM) *

What zeddie here said.

Oh My GOD!!!

Lippi has lost his mind!! Gila, Iaquinta, Pepe ie. Decent, Mediocre, and even more Mediocre????

Leaving out Serie A's top scorer to boot while playing a 4-3-3 which Di Natale is a shoe in for. I love the Azzurri too much but I would wish a first round exit if that weren't the case, just so Lippi's smug, Juve bias attitude can be shown the door even faster swear1.gif

They could play for days with those 3 upfront and still wouldn't score. Let's hope or a De Rossi long shot to save our @sses
Dracoris
Paraguay is a solid team, Italy better show up to play!
X-Offender
Italy should play upfront with Di Natale, Pazzini and... I have to say Iaquinta cause all the other choices suck.
Dracoris
Pazzini would be a good choice
CHU-LIP
First I was right that Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Kuijt and Van Persie will start, and then Fishdoll and I were right about liking Elia... biggrin.gif cookies for Fish and me:

(see Huntelaar topic)

Good match, Eljero Elia. smile.gif

The Netherlands 2-0 Denmark, full-time... own goal Agger (assist S.Poulsen), and re-bound Kuijt (assist Elia)
PS. Nigel de Jong lucky he didn't got send off in first half, discrageful !
Fishdoll
cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif COOKIE!

Only saw the first half and yeah, De Jong was naughty.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 02:28 PM) *
cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif COOKIE!

Only saw the first half and yeah, De Jong was naughty.

Oooh, you missed Elia. sad.gif

First half was boring, the game was doll until Elia came in. cool.gif
(Unfortunality he didn't score, but Kuijt had to do it via re-bound)
Fishdoll
I'll see the second half when they replay the game tonight.

(ESPN Classic will replay the day's games starting at 6pm eastern).

Who do folks fancy for the Cameroon-Japan game?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 02:41 PM) *
I'll see the second half when they replay the game tonight.

(ESPN Classic will replay the day's games starting at 6pm eastern).

Japan of course (but Cameroon will win I'd expect)
arivanjj
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 11:41 PM) *

Cameroon or a draw most likely
Zed.D
I couldn't catch Holland-Denmark sad.gif
Fishdoll
Essie was too busy monopolizing your computer sending photos, wasn't he zeddie? biggrin.gif
Warchant
i woke up at 6:30 this morning to watch the Netherlands/Denmark game. i should've just slept the extra 2 hours.

of course though, as soon as I leave for work, the Netherlands scored their 2nd goal *sigh*
Fishdoll
Sounds like Japan-Cameroon has been pretty dismal so far.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Italy should play upfront with Di Natale, Pazzini and... I have to say Iaquinta cause all the other choices suck.

Iaquinta should go into the sucking category...

If Lippi wants to insist with the ridiculous 3 attacker system when he doesn't have the players for it then the third striker should be Gila with him and Pazzini taking up more traditional roles in the center and Di Natale drifting behind them, from left to right.

Until Pirlo returns that is, then it should be 4 mids and 2 strikers. With Pirlo playing in the hole behing the front 2 and Marchisio, De Rossi and Palombo/Montolivo behind

Japan - Cameroon is aweful, gave up on watching that in the first half
Warchant
am i the only person getting sick of all the stupid slow motion replays every 10 minutes? it's getting extremely annoying. especially when they show a slow motion replay of the coach or of fans. we really don't need to see a fan jumping up and down in slow motion.
Fishdoll
Talk to Fifa. They're doing all the camera work.
Locke Lamora
FFS, I can't wait for the knockouts, the group stage games have been horrible so far.
Dracoris
Im gonna pick Paraguay to give Italy a close call today....maybe even an upset. Hopefully Italy can prove me wrong!!
Danny
As an aside, good to see my Fantasy team performing so well...
Fishdoll
I am not a hopeful fish today. But...we'll see.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 14 2010, 05:48 PM) *
I am not a hopeful fish today. But...we'll see.

I'm sharing the same feelings. Four year ago I was convinced Italy would win the World Cup, now I think that every decent side will beat them, MAYBE including Paraguay. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.