Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (samira @ Jul 3 2010, 05:38 PM) *
I can't belive that Muller has become this good in just one year.

It is amazing indeed. So damn awesome is he.
Habitant
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Some of you guys are really pathetic and probably don't know what they are talking about. Except for Cacau, all German national team players are German since they are grown up there and most of them are actually born there, most of them have also at least one German parent. They are Germans, and Germany is their country more than any other country.

haha we just named 5 players that arent born in germany.

whos the one that doesbnt know what his talking about? LMAO
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 3 2010, 05:40 PM) *
haha we just named 5 players that arent born in germany.

whos the one that doesbnt know what his talking about? LMAO

I said most, not all, you ... *not worth it*
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 04:38 PM) *
Yes, why would it not?

Like I said, then how come G. Rossi is playing for Italy. Or why should Balotelli choose which country to play for if it's that simple?

Far out example:
So if you're born and raised on a boat because your parents are sailors on remote seas that makes the boat your nationality even if your parent are for example Chinese? That's a very close minded theory
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:41 PM) *
Like I said, then how come G. Rossi is playing for Italy. Or why should Balotelli choose which country to play for if it's that simple?

Far out example:
So if you're born and raised on a boat because your parents are sailors on remote seas that makes the boat your nationality even if your parent are for example Chinese? That's a very close minded theory

That's a ridicilous attempt to prove your point.

Rossi is American right? I never said someone like that can't be also -in this case- Italian.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 3 2010, 07:36 PM) *
no but its to exaggerated extent, half the bloody team isnnt german lolll take the non-germans away and i dont see them making it out of the group stage.

Wow, you're saying that based on what? they're Germany, with or without foreigners they would have made it out of the group stage as they have in the last..15 world cups!!!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Yeah

Boateng
Khedira
Tasci
Ozil

Podolski
Klose
Cacau
Gomez

Am I missing anyone? I think all the teams should start doing this. Scouting the best talent and getting them a passport so they can play for your country. Genius

The bolded names were all born in Germany. you can't say that about them, they haven't been poached - it's simply their right and choice if they are playing for Germany. hell, they're completely German according to Kurt's definitions!

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Fishdoll's post blush.gif
samira
David Villa is lucky to have Xavi and Ineista, now when they finshed serving Messi in Barcelona.
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 07:54 PM) *
Haven't we had the birth nation argument about a million times?

Some of those guys have parents from other nations, they were 'just' born in germany. It's not like they'd have to pull out a family tree the size of Texas to trace back where they're originally from

But it's not like they've been 'poached' either wink.gif you know I'm on your side when it comes to this nationality thing - I think they're all non-Germans. but it's not nice when you guys repeat this term like they've been stolen or something. it's their choice and we have to respect that!
MizNelson
Wow, I wasn't expecting a slaughterfest like this in a million years. And I couldn't be happier because we'll be free of Maradona's substance-induced claptrap for awhile.

The 2010 All-DUD team just welcomed its fourth member (Messi) to keep Rooney, Kaka and CRonaldo company.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 05:46 PM) *
That's a ridicilous attempt to prove your point.

Rossi is American right? I never said someone like that can't be also -in this case- Italian.

It's not ridiculous, it's what you're saying

According to you Rossi is American, thus should play for his country the US not Italy. And Balotelli should play for Italy just because he's born and raised there regardless of the fact that both his parents aren't Italian

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 3 2010, 05:47 PM) *
The bolded names were all born in Germany. you can't say that about them, they haven't been poached - it's simply their right and choice if they are playing for Germany. hell, they're completely German according to Kurt's definitions!

Well we all know how flawed those definitions are tongue.gif

And you were one who didn't agree with him IIRC so what's the point of this?

Like I said, those players had the choice, most of them have 1 parent who is not from Germany. At the end of the day they do have the choice.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:34 PM) *
I just don't like all the 'almost' Germans they have on the team. Idon't like the fact for example that Amauri could techically play for Italy just because of a stupid passport. All this mixing and matching should be left for club football not the national teams.

Amauri is a completely different case compared to all German NT players, except for Cacau.

Amauri isn't born nor grown up in Italy, not even Italian family, I think? HUGE DIFFERENCE. He would indeed be a case just getting a passport... but those German NT players are Germans because they are really Germans, not because of playing for NT. They already were German before they know they can play proper football.
Habitant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 3 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Wow, you're saying that based on what? they're Germany, with or without foreigners they would have made it out of the group stage as they have in the last..15 world cups!!!

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Fishdoll's post blush.gif

see the thing is this isnt a few players in question, this is quite lietrally half the fcking team were talking about!!

and as we both know theres two sides to the debate the whole ancestry vs. where you were physically born defines your nationality blah blah point is theres nearly a dozen players that overstep BOTH criteria. whether u argue one way or another it's quite pathetic IMO this may be germanys team but it's not exactly german
Ry4n
I hope Germany wins the competion , how can people call some of the German players non Germans that is in my opinion utterly ignorant if they have a passport from Germany and they reside in Germany they are GERMANS enough of the ignorance on this forum please you just sound ignorant and stupid

FORZA GERMANY - This is comming from an Englishman
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 3 2010, 05:52 PM) *
But it's not like they've been 'poached' either wink.gif you know I'm on your side when it comes to this nationality thing - I think they're all non-Germans. but it's not nice when you guys repeat this term like they've been stolen or something. it's their choice and we have to respect that!

I just think that most of them make the obvious choice. Germany will most probably gaurantee them national football success at one point while for example Turkey does not.

Someone like Cacau on the other hand knows he has no chance in hell to get into the Brazil NT so he chose Germany.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:54 PM) *
It's not ridiculous, it's what you're saying

According to you Rossi is American, thus should play for his country the US not Italy. And Balotelli should play for Italy just because he's born and raised there regardless of the fact that both his parents aren't Italian

They have good reasons for both choices.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Amauri is a completely different case compared to all German NT players, except for Cacau.

Amauri isn't born nor grown up in Italy, not even Italian family, I think? HUGE DIFFERENCE. He would indeed be a case just getting a passport... but those German NT players are Germans because they are really Germans, not because of playing for NT. They already were German before they know they can play proper football.

Amauri was just another observation from me. While you chose to ignore the Balotelli and Rossi situation which are identical to most of the German players
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 3 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Well, of that list, Boateng, Khedira, Tasci, Ozil, and Gomez were born in Germany. Want them to have to trace their ancestry back 6 generations or something?

Klose, Podolski and Cacau you'd have an argument with.

+100
Fishdoll
Trochowski's grandparents - all 4 of them - were born German citizens. But the borders were moved in 1945 and they chose to stay in what then became Poland.

Klose, Podolski, and Marin were all toddlers when their parents emigrated to Germany. I dont' know about you guys but I'd probably want to avoid bringing a kid up during martial law or during the dissolution of the former Yugoslavia.

Ozil, Khedira, et al - they were born there, went through the youth system at club and national level, I don't see why you guys have such a massive problem with them playing there.

It smacks of jealousy.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Amauri was just another observation from me.

It was just another ridicilous attempt to prove your point.

If being (born and) raised doesn't make you a part of that country, what else will?
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 3 2010, 05:56 PM) *
I hope Germany wins the competion , how can people call some of the German players non Germans that is in my opinion utterly ignorant if they have a passport from Germany and they reside in Germany they are GERMANS enough of the ignorance on this forum please you just sound ignorant and stupid

FORZA GERMANY - This is comming from an Englishman

That's even more ignorant. We're not even talking about the passports. But ancestry vs birth country. So Kaka is Italian according to you since he has an Italian passport. And all the other south American/African players who have European passports what does that make them.

The passport is a piece of paper is does not define your nationality
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 3 2010, 07:00 PM) *
Trochowski's grandparents - all 4 of them - were born German citizens. But the borders were moved in 1945 and they chose to stay in what then became Poland.

Klose, Podolski, and Marin were all toddlers when their parents emigrated to Germany. I dont' know about you guys but I'd probably want to avoid bringing a kid up during martial law or during the dissolution of the former Yugoslavia.

Ozil, Khedira, et al - they were born there, went through the youth system at club and national level, I don't see why you guys have such a massive problem with them playing there.

It smacks of jealousy.

It's nothing else. It's just J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y, and it's rather pathetic.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 3 2010, 08:24 PM) *
see the thing is this isnt a few players in question, this is quite lietrally half the fcking team were talking about!!

and as we both know theres two sides to the debate the whole ancestry vs. where you were physically born defines your nationality blah blah point is theres nearly a dozen players that overstep BOTH criteria. whether u argue one way or another it's quite pathetic IMO this may be germanys team but it's not exactly german

As I said a few posts earlier, I don't think they're German by blood (because they're not!). but they were born in Germany, had the chance to represent that country and took it. no one can say they didn't have that right.

And again, Germany are a great country when it comes to football. they would have done good without those players in question anyways. it's not like they've suddenly become a footballing force.
Habitant
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 3 2010, 05:00 PM) *

It smacks of jealousy.

and so if trochowski payed for poland he would be a german playing for poland?? lol

and last time i checked bosnia, croatia, serbia, etc all have national teams? lollll

MizNelson
Can't we just shut the hell up and talk about the game? Jiminy Christmas.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 3 2010, 06:00 PM) *
It smacks of jealousy.

What does jealousy have to do with anything, we've discussed this issue millions of times, with the Germans not coming into it. But from all the teams left, they're the only ones that have all these players that have parents from different countries which again raises the debate.

AAs long as Italy don't meet the Germans in a competition then I don't really have any problems with them. They're not a favourite of mine I'll admit that but jealosy is not the reason
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 06:00 PM) *

If being (born and) raised doesn't make you a part of that country, what else will?

rolleyes.gif

Haven't we discussed this over and over again?

And Amauri is another situation where nationality in football terms is blurred due to a passport
Fishdoll
I'm just not going to continue with this silly and pointless debate. All this nitpicking and silly argumentation over national affiliation is getting ugly and I want no more part of it. Continue on if you wish but it'll be without me.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:06 PM) *
And Amauri is another situation where nationality in football terms is blurred due to a passport

I hope you see the difference between Amauri+Cacau and all other German NT players....

Because that sentence makes sense for those 2 but NOT the others.
X-Offender
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 3 2010, 07:04 PM) *

+1

The game was too awesome to ridicule it to such an extent.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 3 2010, 06:04 PM) *

I wish we could.
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 09:00 PM) *
That's even more ignorant. We're not even talking about the passports. But ancestry vs birth country. So Kaka is Italian according to you since he has an Italian passport. And all the other south American/African players who have European passports what does that make them.

The passport is a piece of paper is does not define your nationality

You can't be serious your using Kaka' as an example lol and excuse me then what does define your nationality lanuage , race ?? i think you would prefer the latter

and all this talk smells of Nationalism.

im out of this conversation ive said my part on what i think of it expressed my views ciao
Habitant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 3 2010, 05:02 PM) *
It's nothing else. It's just J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y, and it's rather pathetic.

hey buddy u can go ahead and make ur stupid assumptions besides the fact its none of you B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S.

of course i'm not happy they're doing well, i'm an azzurri fan. germans when its comes to football are my enemies but hey i can admit when they're doing well.

but when half the bloody team could be playing for other nations it bring questions to mind, i dont care if you think every single one should be playing for germany, the point is all these players we brought up have the right to play for other nations LOL which is IMO patheticccc

Habitant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:06 PM) *
rolleyes.gif

Haven't we discussed this over and over again?

but u know what? who gives a ****? has amauri ever played for italy? is he scoring important goals at a major tournament.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 06:08 PM) *
I hope you see the difference between Amauri+Cacau and all other German NT players....

Because that sentence makes sense for those 2 but NOT the others.

Of course I do!!!

We're really going to keep going around in circle with this as our definition of what defines ones nationality obviously differs.

I like zeddie think the players at the end of the day have a choice and we should respect it. But to me they're not Germans just because they're born and raised there. Simple
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 3 2010, 06:09 PM) *
You can't be serious your using Kaka' as an example lol and excuse me then what does define your nationality , race ?? i think you would prefer the latter

and all this talk smells of Nationalism.

It's what you're saying! You said that they have a German passport, thus they're German. Same thing with Kaka and all the other players who have passports that they apply for when they work in another country

What makes one's nationality? Heritage, ancestry, etc. Not a piece of paper
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 09:13 PM) *
It's what you're saying! You said that they have a German passport, thus they're German. Same thing with Kaka and all the other players who have passports that they apply for when they work in another country

What makes one's nationality? Heritage, ancestry, etc. Not a piece of paper

do you really think the German immigration are just going to hand over passports to players just to play in the national team?? come on get real.
if they have resided in the country long enough to get a german passport just like in the rest of europe then why can't they play for there newley adopted nation.
but if they have already played for another country then no i think they shouldnt be able to switch teams. I remember Zidane tried out for the Algerian national team and did'nt get in.....i wonder who lost out there!
Habitant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:11 PM) *
Of course I do!!!

We're really going to keep going around in circle with this as our definition of what defines ones nationality obviously differs.

I like zeddie think the players at the end of the day have a choice and we should respect it. But to me they're not Germans just because they're born and raised there. Simple

voila
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:11 PM) *
Of course I do!!!

So in your opinion I am as much German as I am Dutch? (I got a Dutch parent, and a German parent, being born and raised in The Netherlands, and having no German nationality/passport)

Yaaaaay wub.gif (I love Germany)
Fillipo Simone
Spain - Paraguay...any comments? Or should we now check the Paraguayan blood cells as well?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 3 2010, 06:28 PM) *
Spain - Paraguay...any comments? Or should we now check the Paraguayan blood cells as well?

Spain will win easily I expect...

Villa with another goal or goalSSSsss?
MizNelson
Nah, I'll be back later when all this nationality pratter has died down. It's kind of sucked the wind out of the thread for the time being.
CHU-LIP
I almost forgot to say that I love Thomas Müller...... isn't he just super super super awesome?
Fishdoll
This fish's German friend Wauzi the stuffed dog hearts on Muller.

He sure doesn't play like a 20 year old.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Lol racism? Now you're going overboard, it's not like anyone is talking about anything other then football here. Like I said the only reason England are talked about is because of all the hype the media builds around their team.

And it does since Germany came into to this round be defeating the best team in the World wink.gif

Everyone has their own list of teams they like to make fun of mine personally are said best team in the World and the circuis that is France. What's the World Cup without poking fun at rival teams.

Racism! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wasn't being serious, which is why I did the wink thing at the end. It was more to do with me making a comment and somebody accusing it of being homophobic because I didn't use the word 'gay' in a which pleased them, then a mod gets involved. I accuse someone of being racist? Meh, who cares, I'm only English.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:08 PM) *
I'm going to have to agree with you here. I think if Germany go down a goal they're through, they've only destroyed teams because they let them attack then they hit on the counter and score off some ridiculous defending, ala England and Argentina today.

I don't think they're as good as they've been made out to be, or rather the team's they've played made them out to be

Yeah, Germany seem to hit panic button not only when they're losing, but when they conceed. They go behind to Serbia and lose all confidence. It took a horrible decision to save them against England, at that rate it would have been 3-2 to us before HT, they were really shaky over simply conceeding a goal.

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 3 2010, 06:00 PM) *

It smacks of jealousy.

Jealousy. Hardly. I've already made my opinion on the matter very clear. I don't want foreigners playing for this country, I was very annoyed when Hargreaves name was even mentioned for England.

Podolski doesn't have a parent from Germany, nor was he born there. He lived there, so what? I 'lived' in America, that doesnt make me American.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 06:00 PM) *

Rossi was neither born or raised in Italy.

QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 3 2010, 06:04 PM) *
and so if trochowski payed for poland he would be a german playing for poland?? lol

and last time i checked bosnia, croatia, serbia, etc all have national teams? lollll

It's stupid isn't it.

As for the 'nationalist' comment. God help you. laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Jul 3 2010, 05:22 PM) *
do you really think the German immigration are just going to hand over passports to players just to play in the national team?? come on get real.
if they have resided in the country long enough to get a german passport just like in the rest of europe then why can't they play for there newley adopted nation.
but if they have already played for another country then no i think they shouldnt be able to switch teams. I remember Zidane tried out for the Algerian national team and did'nt get in.....i wonder who lost out there!

Now you're switching this in to a concpiracy about the german immegration when no one said anything about that. You said and I quote, that having a german passport makes you german. That's what you said. When we're not even talking about passports. You're making this a passport issue when it's not. Then by your definition Amouri is Italian since he has an Italian passport and has lived in Italy long enough. Since that is your criteria of what makes one's nationality.

Zidane is another thing. The French NT is just as mixed as the German NT. We could debate about them since no one would accuse people of being jealous of that circuis biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 3 2010, 05:25 PM) *
So in your opinion I am as much German as I am Dutch? (I got a Dutch parent, and a German parent, being born and raised in The Netherlands, and having no German nationality/passport)

Yaaaaay wub.gif (I love Germany)

At the end of the day it's what you feel closest to. Now lets say your Dutch parent isn't Ducth but I don't know... Chinese, and you're born and raised there. And you're a pro footballer. It's time to choose your natonal team. Carreer wise I think you'd choose Germany even though you concider youself Chinese, not German. I'm just giving an example. As I do think that some of these players think about their carreer mostly when they make this decision

But technically yes, in that case you're half German
Zed.D
Fishdoll, I don't understand something here.

Trochowski was born outside of what today is known as Germany but his ancestors were German citizens so you think he has every right to play for Germany and everyone who disagrees is jealous. okay!

Problem is Zarate like Troch, was born outside of Italy but his mother is Italian (or of Italian descent depending on the source). his case is similar to Troch's, technically he too has every right to play for Italy if he wants to (and Cesare has opened the door for oriundi), but you don't want him anywhere near Azzurri.

Could you please explain to me what's the difference here and why you treat these two cases differently?

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 3 2010, 08:58 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Definitely Spain.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:39 PM) *
Zidane is another thing. The French NT is just as mixed as the German NT. We could debate about them since no one would accuse people of being jealous of that circuis biggrin.gif

And that's the sad thing.

No idea why everybody is getting so defensive about Germany. We say this kind of thing about France all the time, but we say it about Germany and we're jealous apparently. Yeah. Okay.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 3 2010, 05:41 PM) *
And that's the sad thing.

No idea why everybody is getting so defensive about Germany. We say this kind of thing about France all the time, but we say it about Germany and we're jealous apparently. Yeah. Okay.

Agreed
kurtsimonw
I also don't get how this arguement even started.

I merely stated that Germany have players that are Polish or other. So Tennie, Ryan, whoever else.. are you saying that Klose and Podolski are NOT Polish? Are you saying that Ozil is in no way Turkish? You're just contradicting yourself here because every reason you give to say they're German, it can can also be applied to their other nationality, so what the **** are you arguing about when I'm merely stating a fact?
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 3 2010, 09:39 PM) *
Now you're switching this in to a concpiracy about the german immegration when no one said anything about that. You said and I quote, that having a german passport makes you german. That's what you said. When we're not even talking about passports. You're making this a passport issue when it's not. Then by your definition Amouri is Italian since he has an Italian passport and has lived in Italy long enough. Since that is your criteria of what makes one's nationality.

well im just going to have to disagree with you entirely. moving on to the next match
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.