Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 12 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Thanks, zeddie. Going to take awhile to accept the fact that he's gone from Milan.

I can understand.. btw, if we sign Muslera (who was again great tonight) will you be MizMuslera? biggrin.gif
han2503
I really didn't think France were bad at all. But clearly the players aren't united, they either play for themselves or don't want to pass to others

Henry imo should have started and been captain, fine Benzema was left back but at least start Henry not bench him for someone as mediocre as Govuo!!

Diaby was great, Gourcuff was meh, he kept trying to shoot from everywhere, Anelka was selfish, Evra was reckless, Gallas and Abidal were mostly solid, Ribery was ok, his build up and runs were great but his final ball was always lacking
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 11 2010, 09:34 PM) *

For Monsieur Henry who had the unbelievable nerve to complain about a handball.
swear1.gif swear1.gif swear1.gif

Also one note: +100 cookies to Archbishop Desmond Tutu for really getting into the spirit of things and coming in full kit and dancing when South Africa scored.

well obviously he's going to protest when there's a handball... It's the referee's fault that he didn't see the one Henry made against Ireland...

Agreed, it's nice to finally see a bishop who doesn't have something stuck up his you know what.
samira
I agree , they didnt play United and I thought Uruguay played good and Lloris was good(y)
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2010, 10:38 PM) *
well obviously he's going to protest when there's a handball... It's the referee's fault that he didn't see the one Henry made against Ireland...

De Rossi vs Messina springs to mind...
samira
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2010, 09:38 PM) *

haha the refree was swedish and it was a interview about him and he's reason was the same, he didn't see.
han2503
If you're playing for your country and you know you're about to make an assist that will send your country to the WC do you stop and tell the ref that you touched the ball with your hand? You would be lieing if you told me that you would do that.

Like I said, it's the ref's problem for not seeing it to begin with.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2010, 10:54 PM) *
If you're playing for your country and you know you're about to make an assist that will send your country to the WC do you stop and tell the ref that you touched the ball with your hand? You would be lieing if you told me that you would do that.

Like I said, it's the ref's problem for not seeing it to begin with.

Well the last thing I would do was to celebrate as if it was a completely legal goal, the disrespect in that act was astonishing.
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 11 2010, 09:58 PM) *
Well the last thing I would do was to celebrate as if it was a completely legal goal, the disrespect in that act was astonishing.

Agreed with that, but at that moment you really can't say what you'd do if you're in that position. I think it took b@lls to apologize when anyone else probably wouldn't have bothered. Did you see Maradono for example saying sorry after he scored the hand goal? It's only natural to celebrate when it's such an important goal that you can't see beyond it
samira
Seriously, It happened to me before and it was outside the penalty area and I did say anything before the refree asked me but I don't think anybody would say anything at all, its the refree's fault for not being there. So I agree on that.

Lloris first World Cup game? wow he was good
han2503
QUOTE (samira @ Jun 11 2010, 10:03 PM) *
Seriously, It happened to me before and it was outside the penalty area and I did say anything before the refree asked me but I don't think anybody would say anything at all, its the refree's fault for not being there. So I agree on that.

Lloris first World Cup game? wow he was good

Exactly

Well he did have that one blunder were he misjudged the bounce of the ball and it went over him...
samira
aha, okay that explains a lots
X-Offender
Domenech is such a useless moron. Playing Gouvu who isn't even a starter at Lyon.
samira
Gouvn went out after 70 minut o playing right, didn't even notice him
Fishdoll
Perhaps I am a naughty fish but I hope Govou continues to play each game. biggrin.gif
Protagonist
Domenech is such an *** ! Seriously, how can you play a low tempo in an opener and for over 70 minutes !!
kurtsimonw
He and Maradona don't have a brain between them. Some of their reasons for taking/excluding players are embarassing.
MizNelson
No, zeddie, I won't become MizMuslera. My SN is not 100% related to Dida, anyway. smile.gif

Why is a loon like Domenech still coaching France, anyway?
Bluesummers
Between the two matches, I was really surprised by South Africa's goal keeper Khune. I think we should def look at him, he's high quality.

Info:

Itumeleng Khune

Height: 1.81 M

Club: Kaizer chiefs

Value: 1m

Obviously his value will go up, but he is def one we should look at for Dida's long term replacements.
X-Offender
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 12 2010, 02:18 AM) *

The million dollar question.
Protagonist
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 12 2010, 02:18 AM) *
No, zeddie, I won't become MizMuslera. My SN is not 100% related to Dida, anyway. smile.gif

Thank you, I say that almost everyday !
Dracoris
SA's goalkeeper was quality TODAY. Let's see what he can do the rest of the group before we start wanting to buy him.
Linkman
Yeah, let's see him perform against Forlan and Anelka.

He was quality tho!
kurtsimonw
I dunno about that. He got VERY lucky with the disallowed goal. He came for the ball and got nowhere near it, leaving Vela with a tap in.
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 12 2010, 03:48 AM) *

Aww! biggrin.gif

-

Maybe because if Domenech wins one more game, he will be France NT's most successful coach ever. but that's a big if given that France could go out without having won a single game. Mexico and SA are no walkovers for this France.
kurtsimonw
South Korea 2-0 Greece.

Sorry dst, but your teams defending is pretty embarassing.
Fishdoll
So, South Korea beat Greece rather easily today 2-0. No offense to dst, Greece looked badly off form and some of the lineup choices surprised me -- where were Kyrgiakos and Sokratis?

Next up is Argentina-Nigeria. On paper the argies have a good side but....
kurtsimonw
17,000 empty seats for that last game. Yeah, this is why Africa shouldn't be hosting a World Cup. That's really unacceptable.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2010, 03:44 PM) *
17,000 empty seats for that last game. Yeah, this is why Africa shouldn't be hosting a World Cup. That's really unacceptable.

Wow, that IS a lot.
Dracoris
Nigeria's goalkeeper has saved this team for the past 20mins
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 12 2010, 08:36 PM) *
Wow, that IS a lot.

However I did hear this is the only match they couldn't sell out. Not sure.
Protagonist
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 12 2010, 03:38 PM) *
Nigeria's goalkeeper has saved this team for the past 20mins

Agreed, yet I doubt this tie will end 1-0, it has at least 2 more goals in it
X-Offender
Wow, just looking at Argentina's line-up, I feel sorry for them. So many good players left out.
Jack Sparrow
I can only facepalm at Higuain's misses while Milito sits on the bench. biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
Meh, they're going through the argument of 'why messi is worse for the nt than barca'. Has nobody realized that the argies don't have an equivalent to a Xavi or Iniesta behind Messi?
kurtsimonw
Well, if it weren't for some incredible goalkeeping, Messi would have had about 5 today.

Apparently in an interview, Maradona said he only needs to pick 9 players.. Mascherano and Gutierrez are automatics. huh.gif Seems odd to pick to very average footballers automatically and then leave some very good players out.
samira
Argentina had 6 chances and Higuain had the best so if he keep missing.. Milito is coming in but I don't think that just luck, the goalkeeper is good! Lagerbäck is the old Swedish coach, he left when Sweden lost agianst Denmark but he coaching Nigeria good even if Maradona has Samuel Milito Messi Higuain etc cuz Argentina and Spain has the top players and still Argentina hasn't impressed me.
Its cool for me if Higuian keep missing tongue.gif
3 favorite goalkeeper in this WC is Khune or called lion in SA and Lloris, Uruguays was pretty good

Jack Sparrow
They do the dirty work without complaint. Kinda like Ambro.
samira
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2010, 04:28 PM) *
Well, if it weren't for some incredible goalkeeping, Messi would have had about 5 today.

Apparently in an interview, Maradona said he only needs to pick 9 players.. Mascherano and Gutierrez are automatics. huh.gif Seems odd to pick to very average footballers automatically and then leave some very good players out.

Did he bring Martin Palermo because he saved Argentina agianst Parugauy?
That man is full of sh*t! He said in a interview u can suck my balls then suck it agian..
WTF!?
samira
Milito.. Hope does worst the Hiugain did

Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (samira @ Jun 12 2010, 10:02 PM) *
Did he bring Martin Palermo because he saved Argentina agianst Parugauy?
That man is full of sh*t! He said in a interview u can suck my balls then suck it agian..
WTF!?

Wow! For a girl..you swear pretty good! Well done woman!! cool.gif smoke.gif
samira
well thanks.. my mom tried to wash my mouth with soap but it failed but don't be suprised, there's more wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Save it for kurt. I'll call you for help, when he pisses me off.
kurtsimonw
Oh look, there's a Swedish bird on the boards and Jack can't stop replying to her.

Argentina are very average besides Messi looking at this performance. Any half decent side will pick them apart, their defense is really poor.
Jack Sparrow
Agree with you on Argentina.

Sod off on the other comment. tongue.gif
samira
hahah, okay Im there.
I agree on that Argentina thing too and Im going to skip the other comment.. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
England vs USA all-time record

England wins - 7
Draws - 0
USA wins - 2

England goals - 38
USA goals - 8

Pub time. COME ON YOU LIONS!
Warchant
the yanks are coming!

bring it kitties laugh.gif
samira
USA-England..
hahaha kitties, good one but England is so going to win !
Protagonist
The official Milan page is stating that Cossu will leave, since Pirlo is getting back faster. Why is it either or ? just drop gattuso and keep Cossu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.