Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2010 - South Africa
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
samira
I wished Portgual had won.
But have could they get draw agianst Brazil and lose agians Spain..
The game was their to win and congratz to Spain but see you in four years Portgual..
samira
are they not playing until 2 July?
han2503
QUOTE (samira @ Jun 30 2010, 03:40 PM) *
are they not playing until 2 July?

Next game is on Saturday. I've gotten used to the 2 games per day, I'm going to have withdrawels these 2 days without games
servbot
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2010, 04:34 AM) *
Because they have the best players overall, they've won all qualifying matches, they're the current champions of Europe, they have the best striker of the tournament and express the most fluid and entertaining game amongst all favorites.

They have also lost to Switzerland.

They are bookies' favorites by a slight margin, but going out and saying there's no team equal or better than them is a bit closed-minded. They are far from a lock to win this thing.
Jack Sparrow
Nether-bloody-lands for life....

At least life...for this year.

And I have faith in Paul the psychic octopus. We won't see Maradona naked. Please lord no! I'm too young to have an aneurysm.
Fishdoll
Paul the Octopus is this fish's hero!

Also, the Nike advert curse is nearly complete -- Federer has now been knocked out of Wimbledon.

han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 30 2010, 04:23 PM) *

Also, the Nike advert curse is nearly complete -- Federer has now been knocked out of Wimbledon.

Who's left?

Fabregas was in it IIRC unsure.gif But not sure about the others
Fishdoll
Fabregas, Iniesta, and Pique have cameos.

Thiago Silva has a cameo (he passes the ball to Ronaldinho).

Can't recall if any argies are in it (but Messi has a contract with Adidas so for sure isn't there).
X-Offender
QUOTE (servbot @ Jun 30 2010, 05:29 PM) *
They have also lost to Switzerland.

They are bookies' favorites by a slight margin, but going out and saying there's no team equal or better than them is a bit closed-minded. They are far from a lock to win this thing.

I'm not saying they're invincible and much superior than the likes of Brazil or Germany. I just think they're a step forward to the rest of the contenders, which is a safe thing to say.
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 30 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Does Kobe count? He won the title, but he did have a very bad Game 7 performance.
Jack Sparrow
Err...I guess not. It's a football-centric commercial. Gossh..the adidas boys are kicking @ss though no? The adidas commercials have been spot on!

Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 30 2010, 07:17 PM) *
Err...I guess not. It's a football-centric commercial. Gossh..the adidas boys are kicking @ss though no? The adidas commercials have been spot on!

But they did design/endorse the ball. Enough said!

Joking aside, I can't help but feel extremely disappointed by this World Cup and no that's not just because of the pathetic England side!

If you like defensive qualities then I guess you would love it. However, for the purists it's really not been great and hasn't been a good advert for anyone coming into the game (watching it).

I hoped that come the second round it would kick the games into shape, yet it really hasn't. There's only been one game in the competition that stands out - Italy V Slovakia apart from that nothing that great to shout about or to really remember the competition by. I get the feeling this will perhaps be the 1st competition remembered by its brilliant host as oppose to what happened on the pitch.

It's not really been the lack of goals I don't think it's too far behind Germany '06 and certainly there have been more goals in the second round this time than last. It's the way teams have set out, to defend as oppose to attack ala Portugal last night. Quite a number of disappointments Brazil V Portugal especially and even last nights game was quiet.

Hopefully, we will get that moment in the World Cup where a big shock happens in the last minute, or the game that it will be remembered by due to the goals and attacking flair.

Please don't dissapoint Brazil V Holland / Germany V Argentina!
samira
The ball is just horrible! I don't blame Green but Enyeama and some others GK handle it pretty good.
Is the ball the same as the ones you buy at the stores?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (samira @ Jun 30 2010, 09:04 PM) *
The ball is just horrible! I don't blame Green but Enyeama and some others GK handle it pretty good.
Is the ball the same as the ones you buy at the stores?

Well, Adidas bring out a new one each World Cup, every time goalkeepers complain without fail.

And I'm pretty sure Buffon described the 2002 Fevernova ball as a "child's balloon'.

This however is probably the first time a lot of outfield players have complained as well.

Look at the way the crossfield passes are misjudged time and time again by the best. The amount of fairly easy through balls that are over hit, the goalkeeper mistakes and the fumbles look at Casillas last night! I don't see how all of this can be down to altitude.

You can buy it, I'm yet to play with it or see any one playing with it. You could probably get a replica for about £15 and the actual ball that the players use for about £80. That would seem like wasted money, or at least you would have a reason for being bad!
Fishdoll
With respect to fans of the English NT, I thought the England-Germany game was an entertaining one (Muller's two goals were very pretty). Maybe I'm strange, but I also felt Spain-Portugal was entertaining even though it could've done with another goal or two. I've also enjoyed the Netherlands and Uruguay teams.

Brazil's been a bit of a negative surprise. They haven't turned their show on yet. Meh about the Argies (though I suppose they've been all right.)
samira
Hard to describe me bad tongue.gif
But every game I watch, I asked my friends , is it just me or did the ball change direction?
but I have stopped asking that cause it's the same answer everytime.
But is the EURO ball as bad as the World Cup ball?
ForzaMaldini
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 30 2010, 10:22 PM) *
With respect to fans of the English NT, I thought the England-Germany game was an entertaining one (Muller's two goals were very pretty). Maybe I'm strange, but I also felt Spain-Portugal was entertaining even though it could've done with another goal or two. I've also enjoyed the Netherlands and Uruguay teams.

Brazil's been a bit of a negative surprise. They haven't turned their show on yet. Meh about the Argies (though I suppose they've been all right.)

Chears mate wink.gif

Many people think that Brazil is performing under their level. I disagree though. They have a very steady defensive line. Can't remember them making a mistake. Melo s*cks but for the rest they also have a good and certain midfield. I think they just might get to the final (unfortionatly they'll have to beat the netherlands to achieve that)

What do you think who will win btw: Brazil - The Netherlands
samira
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 30 2010, 08:22 PM) *

I have enjoyed the Urugauy games, I think if Urugauy played agianst France later then they did , they would probably win.
I would not call it luck but Im glad that Urugauy has come this far. As much I want African team to go as far as possible but Im with Urugauy.

Heard about Nigeria?
Their president don't want them to play any internainal games in two years..
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ Jun 30 2010, 09:31 PM) *
What do you think who will win btw: Brazil - The Netherlands

Brazil
Fishdoll
I think Brazil are favourites but don't think it's an automatic win for them, especially if Robben is fit and Van Persie (who I really do not like) can stop having tantrums.
X-Offender
The Netherlands have two geniuses in them with Robben and Sneijder that can light the sparkle when you don't expect it. Brazil are obviously the favorites though, and I think they'll win.
samira
Im not the only one saying it , Brazil.
MizNelson
I'll be pulling for the Low Countries in this one.

By the way, I thought Van der Sar was starting in goal...?
Fishdoll
This fish regrets to inform Didafan that Van der Sar retired from the NT some time ago. He came back briefly during qualifiers when Steklenburg was injured but that's it.
MizNelson
*slaps forehead* Oh, yeah, now I remember. Maybe I got the national team and Man U mixed up.
servbot
Hah! Take that Maradona! Vamos Paraguay!!!

Larissa Riquelme, a curvy lingerie model who loves her national team, has been cheering the Paraguay squad on from Asuncion, clad in revealing outfits. The 24-year-old beauty has pledged to run naked through the streets "with my body painted with the colors of Paraguay" if Paraguay wins the World Cup.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/29/l...e_n_629975.html
(link includes pics of her cheering for Paraguay)
Jack Sparrow
I saw it. I don't think she's prettier than Sylvie. tongue.gif
X-Offender
Convenient place to keep your cellphone.
TriniKing_CE
The 24-year-old beauty has pledged to run naked through the streets "with my body painted with the colors of Paraguay" if Paraguay wins the World Cup.

I certainly wish Paraguay the best of luck in that case wink.gif cool.gif

EDIT: Here she is posing in Maxim.
http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/ampliar...iquelme-desnuda
kurtsimonw
Why is there a 2 day break?

Couldn't they just have played the 8 Ro16 games, 1 each day, then go straight to the QFs or something. Having a break in the World Cup before the QFs is gay. In fact, the whole competition is gay.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 1 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Why is there a 2 day break?

Couldn't they just have played the 8 Ro16 games, 1 each day, then go straight to the QFs or something. Having a break in the World Cup before the QFs is gay. In fact, the whole competition is gay.

Agreed. One match a day would have been better.
samira
I agree on that to, I was wondering the same last night.
And it was going to be football week this week tongue.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 26 2010, 12:43 AM) *
Yeah, because he usually steps up when his country need him the most... actually, I think Spain will pulverize them.
This Portugal side didn't manage to score against neither Brazil or the Ivory Coast, and putting 7 past North Korea, well... impressive. But far from sensational. So, here's my predictions:

Uruguay - South Korea: Two teams who are very solid defensively, but Uruguay's attack will make the difference
USA - Ghana: Almost too close to call, but I'm banking on Ghana for this one.
Germany - England: England has had one good performance, Germany have been consistently excellent.
Argentina - Mexico: Mexico are a very good team, Argentina are a world class team... it seems.
Holland - Slovakia: Orange watershed.
Brazil - Chile: The Selecao are clear favourites, but if there is to be an upset this could very well be it.
Paraguay - Japan: Japan impressed against Denmark, but I think Paraguay's grit will be the deciding factor.
Spain - Portugal: Basically a replay of Germany-Portugal at the EURO. Ronaldo bottles it again. Spain win.

Not trying to be overly gloating here, but not trying very hard not to be either. That's 8 out of 8, it seems.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jul 1 2010, 06:14 PM) *
Not trying to be overly gloating here, but not trying very hard not to be either. That's 8 out of 8, it seems.

All were expected or kinda expected, except for Ghana... close call that one was.
X-Offender
Nah, I was positive Ghana would pass.
MizNelson
Y'know, I really despise when people (not naming names here) use the term "gay" to describe something they don't like. Just makes you look stupid.

Anyway, Italy didn't waste any time in getting a new coach: Cesare Prandelli.
Dracoris
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 1 2010, 01:37 PM) *
Y'know, I really despise when people (not naming names here) use the term "gay" to describe something they don't like. Just makes you look stupid.

We've known that for a while smile.gif

Comment on the ball real quick: I think Adidas tries to find a way to make the ball lighter every year so that it can spin more in the air. I'm not entirely positive they took the elevation above sea level into account at this WC though. I think at sea level this ball would perform fine and the outfield players wouldn't be worrying about it.

Super lightweight ball + playing in thin air = crazyness.
servbot
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jul 1 2010, 01:12 PM) *
We've known that for a while smile.gif

Comment on the ball real quick: I think Adidas tries to find a way to make the ball lighter every year so that it can spin more in the air. I'm not entirely positive they took the elevation above sea level into account at this WC though. I think at sea level this ball would perform fine and the outfield players wouldn't be worrying about it.

Super lightweight ball + playing in thin air = crazyness.

I've never seen so many goal kicks go to the opponent's penalty area or further, than I have in this tournament. You're right, Adidas clearly didn't take the elevation into consideration.
samira
he even arrange a friendly game against Ivory Coast.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 1 2010, 07:37 PM) *

He was appointed even before the WC started. That was one of the mistakes too IMO.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 1 2010, 06:37 PM) *

I hate it when people (not naming names) get offended/annoyed by something that not related to them in any way. It just makes them look like they think they're better than everyone/being overly PC.

As for the ball, I think they try to make it so there will be more goals, but they've ended up with less because now even the player don't know how to play with the thing.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 2 2010, 01:41 AM) *
I hate it when people (not naming names) get offended/annoyed by something that not related to them in any way. It just makes them look like they think they're better than everyone/being overly PC.

+1
Fishdoll
Well, guys, you may want to take a look at the board rules. Homophobic comments are on the no-no list. So are obscenities which are starting to creep back in. None of them really add to a conversation and I don't personally see a need for either homophobic remarks or a string of obscenities.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 2 2010, 12:56 AM) *
Well, guys, you may want to take a look at the board rules. Homophobic comments are on the no-no list. So are obscenities which are starting to creep back in. None of them really add to a conversation and I don't personally see a need for either homophobic remarks or a string of obscenities.

It's all well and good, but I fail to see where I said anything about homosexual people.

It's just political correctness gone mad, that's all.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 1 2010, 07:56 PM) *

Your avatar contains an obscenity tongue.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Owned.
Fishdoll
So it does. Got a problem with it, report it to a moderator. smile.gif

And Kurt, you've now had two people complaining in this thread alone about your using 'gay' as an insult. That might be a sign that it's perhaps not the best thing to do.

Milan Are Brilliant
Anyway, Holland V Brazil - it won't dissapoint surely?!

Something tells me this is going to penalties though, I just hope it's high-scoring or at the very least enjoyable.
Jack Sparrow
Not being a native English speaker, I went to read up on the gay term. There's an article for it in wiki. Here's what I found which is probably why kurt is sticking to his guns.

In modern English, gay has come to be used as an adjective, and occasionally as a noun, referring to the people, practices, and culture associated with homosexuality. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex. At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves.

I don't know if kurt just edited that wiki, so it suited him. tongue.gif

Fishdoll
So just because wiki says something, that makes it right? How silly of me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.