Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
han2503
Has it gone to sudden death?
kurtsimonw
Pizarro scores.

Jiminez scores.

[5-5]
kurtsimonw
Juan saved by Julio Cesar.

Zanetti scores.

[Inter win 2-2 - 6-5 on penalties]
Portman
Juan misses.

Zanetti scores.

Supercoppa goes for Inter. First trophy in Italy for Mourinho.
Giancarlo
Ah those losers won on penalty kicks... damn them.

That stupid idiot mourinho better understand that if his team performs the way it did today he's going to be in for a rough road ahead. Even though he won the trophy... one just has to look that inter gave up the lead twice. It was just bad luck for Roma they lost on the PK shoot out.
misha
Same scenario as the CL final
vahid
First Mourinho's trophy in Italy,And i wish it's be his last!
Giancarlo
Totti is probably feeling horrible right now... I hope he'll get his revenge on merda later in the season.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 25 2008, 02:07 AM) *
Juan misses.

Zanetti scores.

Supercoppa goes for Inter. First trophy in Italy for Mourinho.

Three Super Cups in three different leagues. to those "Mourinho has won everything by luck" types. unfortunately this is just the beginning...
Portman
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 24 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Ah those losers won on penalty kicks... damn them.

That stupid idiot mourinho better understand that if his team performs the way it did today he's going to be in for a rough road ahead. Even though he won the trophy... one just has to look that inter gave up the lead twice. It was just bad luck for Roma they lost on the PK shoot out.

Inter was the best team in the pitch tonight. Specially the first 60 min.
Roma scored from their unique long-shot and a lucky goal from a corner.

Inter gave the lead twice? So what? They've lot of injuries and players out of position. Plus it's a new coach, new mentality, new tactics, etc.
Tennie
^^ And Totti, while a veryvery good player, missed the crucial penalty. He does tend to bottle things now and again.

I don't like the merda at all, but even I recognize that they've got a very strong team.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 24 2008, 10:53 PM) *
^^ And Totti, while a veryvery good player, missed the crucial penalty. He does tend to bottle things now and again.

I don't like the merda at all, but even I recognize that they've got a very strong team.

He missed some penalties last season too. He shouldn't take more, for Roma's sake.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 25 2008, 12:17 AM) *
He missed some penalties last season too. He shouldn't take more, for Roma's sake.

Naah,..it's that Italian thing..with Totti, Baggio, Del Piero and the rest..

So, Moe's first trophy here. It's not that the Supercoppa is anything special, but still,.. it will be interesting to see Milan and Inter fight side by side. Till now I don't remember any stronger Inter squad I've seen actually play. And their biggest star is,..not Ince, Keane, Adriano, even not Ronaldo,..it's Mourinho, which is a real change.

Now let's see if the Inter mentality shows finally up and spoils the party, like back then when Lippi was a Neroazzuri coach.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 24 2008, 09:50 PM) *
Inter was the best team in the pitch tonight. Specially the first 60 min.
Roma scored from their unique long-shot and a lucky goal from a corner.

Inter gave the lead twice? So what? They've lot of injuries and players out of position. Plus it's a new coach, new mentality, new tactics, etc.

Respectfully disagreed. It was shoddy defending and poor clearances that allowed Roma to claw itself back into that game. Plus, Inter had the home field advantage... if this game was in Roma it would have probably been a bit different.

We will never agree on anything heh...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 25 2008, 01:33 AM) *
Respectfully disagreed. It was shoddy defending and poor clearances that allowed Roma to claw itself back into that game. Plus, Inter had the home field advantage... if this game was in Roma it would have probably been a bit different.

We will never agree on anything heh...

In Porty's defense (but he doesn't need it anyway), if the game was in Rome it would mean Roma won the scudetto. And that they didn't. And we all recall them spilling points to minor teams. They never were up to the test.

Anyway, can't wait to see you 2 commenting a Inter-Milan derby.. tongue.gif
dst
This is Mancini's team... rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 02:51 PM) *
This is Mancini's team... rolleyes.gif

Cliche rolleyes.gif

It's always 'previous coach's team' or 'luck'. none of his trophies have anything to do with his abilities as a coach. rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 25 2008, 03:00 PM) *
Cliche rolleyes.gif

It's always 'previous coach's team' or 'luck'. none of his trophies have anything to do with his abilities as a coach. rolleyes.gif

Actually, "This is Mourinho's team" is what you and Porty said when Grant made what Mou could not do with Chelsea, reach the CL Final... wink.gif That's what I'm hitting at by saying this... so, this is Mancini's team!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 03:34 PM) *
Actually, "This is Mourinho's team" is what you and Porty said when Grant made what Mou could not do with Chelsea, reach the CL Final... wink.gif That's what I'm hitting at by saying this... so, this is Mancini's team!

I don't remember saying that but good point. laugh.gif 1-0.
Zed.D
But thing is Mourinho changed Mancio's team's formation and style of play. Grant did nothing.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 01:04 PM) *

Difference is: Grant bought 2 players - Anelka who did nothing but cost them the CL and Ivanovic who didn't even play. He generally played the same team that Jose did, with the same formation.

Jose has changed the way Inter play as well as some personel. They now have true width instead of the narrow 4-3-1-2 and bringing in a guy like Mancini from Roma means they can play Jose's way.. Oh, and a Jose signing scored yesterday.

EDIT: Zrd beat me to it. dry.gif
dst
Yesterday's Inter did not have more differences with Mancini's team than Grant's Chelsea had with Mou's Chelsea. That's my opinion...

Come on fanboys, you are trying so hard to diminish what Grant did while you already sucking Mou's ****... you are being unfair and biased in my opinion.

And Kurt... Anelka lost Chelsea the final? You must be kidding... If anyone lost Chelsea the final it's Terry. But it's not the former's or the latter's fault, they both missed their penalty so they both are to blame equally...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 01:56 PM) *
And Kurt... Anelka lost Chelsea the final? You must be kidding... If anyone lost Chelsea the final it's Terry. But it's not the former's or the latter's fault, they both missed their penalty so they both are to blame equally...

Was it or was it not Anelka's penalty miss that made United win? Terry didn't win the the Cup, but Anelka lost it them. Whoever takes the decisive penalty wins/loses a team the trophy. Just like if Kaka' scored, Juve equalise and Pippo scores in the last minute, people say Pippo scored the winner, because his was decisive, they don't say kaka' scored the winner, just because he scored. This same theory can be used on the penalties too.

"Anelka lost Chelsea the final? You must be kidding... If anyone lost Chelsea the final it's Terry."

"But it's not the former's or the latter's fault, they both missed their penalty so they both are to blame equally."

Are you not contradicting yourself there? unsure.gif
dst
What I said there is that if only one has to be blamed for the loss that's Terry to me. But in my opinion they are both at fault cause simply they did the same thing wrong...

Anyway... I think this is going to be another "nationality" issue for us here, so let's end it! tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 03:42 PM) *
What I said there is that if only one has to be blamed for the loss that's Terry to me. But in my opinion they are both at fault cause simply they did the same thing wrong...

Anyway... I think this is going to be another "nationality" issue for us here, so let's end it! tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 01:56 PM) *
Yesterday's Inter did not have more differences with Mancini's team than Grant's Chelsea had with Mou's Chelsea.

Inter yesterday was completely different from Mancini's 4-3-1-2 with no wingers.
Mou played with wingers in a 4-3-3. Even the players said during the pre-season that they need time to improve and get used to this system/tactics.

Grant basically used the same system Mou did in Chelsea.

If you can't spot the difference...
Portman
Now I'm going to post some good pics from yesterday.
If you don't like them - as I don't care - report it to the mods. Insults will not be tolerated.

Portman

Tennie
Personally, all those pictures of the merda coach turn my stomach. Don't like the guy no matter how many other boardmembers idolize him.

That said, these are lovely pictures. Thanks for posting them, Porty.
TriniKing_CE
Sucks to see Inter lifitng another Trophy... hopefully it can be their last for a while!
Anywayz Good Pics man...Real High Quality!
dst
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 25 2008, 05:46 PM) *
Inter yesterday was completely different from Mancini's 4-3-1-2 with no wingers.
Mou played with wingers in a 4-3-3. Even the players said during the pre-season that they need time to improve and get used to this system/tactics.

Grant basically used the same system Mou did in Chelsea.

If you can't spot the difference...

Of course on paper it was different. But did you see Inter play with wingers yesterday? I mean... from the flanks? No, they didn't. Their display on the field was not much different compared to how Mancini's Inter played. That might be because they are not used to playing the way Mou wants yet but still... I'm only talking about last night... The only thing that was significantly different was the mentality of the players; they knew what they wanted and how to get it. It did not work out last night but it will...

Systems and formations do not tell much about how a team plays... football is not so simple and you know it. Mou's Chelsea had a completely different philosophy than that of Grant's. Mourinho's concern was defense, to score against Chelsea you had to have God on your side... they won countless games by 1-0 and they played bad (to watch) football. Grant did not care so much if he conceded and he played through the axis a lot more, with the midfielders and fullbacks going up in waves (one after another). It was certainly not the same in my opinion...

What I'm trying to say is that Grant did better (in the league and the CL) than Mourinho did in his last season and all you members of Milanfan's Mourinho Fan Club here do not want to admit it for some reason... I'm not saying Grant is a better manager than the Portuguese is, in fact he's nowhere near his level but he did a good job nonetheless. Chelsea's game against Liverpool in the 2nd leg of last season's CL semi was better than any game they played against them with Mourinho in charge and I really can't see how you can give the credit to Mourinho for that by saying "it's Mourinho's team"... well if it was all the same and Grant did nothing on his own then he proved that neither the system nor the tactics were wrong but the coach... is that true? Of course it is not! Chelsea is a team that Mou built but it's not coached by him since last season so he can't get credit for anything they achieve from that moment on just like Mancini won't get any credit for whatever Inter achiever from now on... it's as simple as this.

Anyway... what I say above is what Mou is trying to do now... he did not make any big moves in the market cause he wants to prove to the world (and to his self) that it was not the players' fault that Inter failed in the CL but the coach's and that with him in charge they can make it... well personally I hope he fails miserably!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Of course on paper it was different. But did you see Inter play with wingers yesterday? I mean... from the flanks? No, they didn't. Their display on the field was not much different compared to how Mancini's Inter played. That might be because they are not used to playing the way Mou wants yet but still... I'm only talking about last night... The only thing that was significantly different was the mentality of the players; they knew what they wanted and how to get it. It did not work out last night but it will...

Systems and formations do not tell much about how a team plays... football is not so simple and you know it. Mou's Chelsea had a completely different philosophy than that of Grant's. Mourinho's concern was defense, to score against Chelsea you had to have God on your side... they won countless games by 1-0 and they played bad (to watch) football. Grant did not care so much if he conceded and he played through the axis a lot more, with the midfielders and fullbacks going up in waves (one after another). It was certainly not the same in my opinion...

What I'm trying to say is that Grant did better (in the league and the CL) than Mourinho did in his last season and all you members of Milanfan's Mourinho Fan Club here do not want to admit it for some reason... I'm not saying Grant is a better manager than the Portuguese is, in fact he's nowhere near his level but he did a good job nonetheless. Chelsea's game against Liverpool in the 2nd leg of last season's CL semi was better than any game they played against them with Mourinho in charge and I really can't see how you can give the credit to Mourinho for that by saying "it's Mourinho's team"... well if it was all the same and Grant did nothing on his own then he proved that neither the system nor the tactics were wrong but the coach... is that true? Of course it is not! Chelsea is a team that Mou built but it's not coached by him since last season so he can't get credit for anything they achieve from that moment on just like Mancini won't get any credit for whatever Inter achiever from now on... it's as simple as this.

Anyway... what I say above is what Mou is trying to do now... he did not make any big moves in the market cause he wants to prove to the world (and to his self) that it was not the players' fault that Inter failed in the CL but the coach's and that with him in charge they can make it... well personally I hope he fails miserably!

We didn't watch the same match.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 05:20 PM) *

Excellent post. I've really nothing to add.

And Porty,...real high quality pictures, thanks! I liked it when you dropped a few Roma pictures in,..
Tennie
So, there's an interesting little saga going on with the zebras. They want to sell Tiago, who just hasn't impressed in Serie A. (Personally, I like the player, or did when he was at Lyon). Tiago, however, is refusing offers that are made for him. He wants to go to Atletico Madrid and nowhere else. It's been going on for a while now. The most recent twist is that he wasn't called up for Juve's CL game even though C. Zanetti and Marchionni are out with injury. Sounds like either he's going to get really familiar with the stands at the Olimpico or he'll finally accept an offer. (link to most recent mediast article about the saga)
kurtsimonw
I liked him at Chelsea and then did very well at Lyon, good player. Not sure why he hasn't fit in at Juve.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 25 2008, 04:59 PM) *
Difference is: Grant bought 2 players - Anelka who did nothing but cost them the CL and Ivanovic who didn't even play. He generally played the same team that Jose did, with the same formation.

Jose has changed the way Inter play as well as some personel. They now have true width instead of the narrow 4-3-1-2 and bringing in a guy like Mancini from Roma means they can play Jose's way.. Oh, and a Jose signing scored yesterday.

EDIT: Zrd beat me to it. dry.gif

No he didn't. wink.gif compliments for your honest and accurate post!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 25 2008, 06:20 PM) *

Brilliant post king.gif
Mook
Ohh this is going to be a very intriguing season on MF.. cool.gif
Giancarlo
Did anyone hear that Roma are close to signing Nery Castillo?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug25l.html

Castillo has a bit of an attitude... but, I think he may fit well in Roma... most Mexican players I know either play in Spain or England... never heard of any moving to Italy...
Tennie
There're two rather good Mexican footballers (Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo) playing for Stuttgart in the Bundesliga.
dst
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 25 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Castillo has a bit of an attitude... but, I think he may fit well in Roma... most Mexican players I know either play in Spain or England... never heard of any moving to Italy...

Well, he's originally Uruguayan! biggrin.gif That guy has it but he's too arrogant to work and improve...
misha
Inter rocked by Burdisso blow

Inter's defensive crisis has taken a new twist as defender Nicolas Burdisso could be sidelined for a considerable period.

The Beneamata were hit by injuries to Cristian Chivu, Marco Materazzi, Walter Samuel and Ivan Cordoba in pre-season.

And just as the stars started to return to Jose Mourinho's ranks, they have been rocked by the news that Burdisso, who has been one of the surprise stars of Inter's pre-season, has a calf problem.

Burdisso was linked with a move to Fiorentina at the start of the summer, but Mourinho chose to keep hold of the 27-year-old.

However, the Argentine ace suffered a calf strain during Inter's Super Cup win over Roma last Sunday and there are fears that the damage could take a while to heal.

As the injury is in a fragile area of the leg, Burdisso may need around 45 days of rest for the problem to heal fully and looks almost certain to miss the start of the new season.

smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
Arrggh,..they really are in deep trouble...
kurtsimonw
I can't think of many players they have left. I guess Rivas will have to start there as he's about their only fit CB! Cambiasso will probably be paired with him, he had a decent game vs Roma.
Tennie
We might see Zanetti in defense too; I recall having seen him play there.
Darunia
QUOTE ("GOAL.com")
The 2008/09 Serie A season promises to be one of the most exciting in recent years. Five teams are realistically in with a chance of winning the Scudetto, while some superstar names, most notably Jose Mourinho and Ronaldinho, have arrived in the peninsula to spice up proceedings.

Serie A may have lagged behind the Premiership and La Liga over the past few campaigns, both in quality, and results, but everything suggests that the gap will be closed this time around.

To get in the mood for the new season, Goal.com’s Italy team have offered their predictions for 2008/09. There are various categories, ranging from Scudetto Winners to Biggest Flop. All the votes from each person were added up, before the list below was constructed.

2008/09 Serie A Predictions

Scudetto Winners: Milan

Champions League qualifiers: Milan, Inter, Juventus, Roma

UEFA Cup qualifiers: Fiorentina, Napoli, Sampdoria

Relegated: Cagliari, Lecce, Reggina

Coppa Italia Winners: Roma

Best Goalkeeper: Julio Cesar (Inter)

Best Defender: Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)

Best Midfielder: Andrea Pirlo (Milan)

Best Attacker: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)

Best Summer Signing: Mathieu Flamini (Milan)

Worst Summer Signing: John Arne Riise (Roma)

Golden Boot: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)

Best Youngster (Under-21): Marek Hamsik (Napoli)

Player of the Year: Andrea Pirlo (Milan)

Coach of the Year: Carlo Ancelotti (Milan)
acid911
Half of it is absolute balderdash. puke.gif Thank you!
misha
^^ Sounds good to me tongue.gif
acid911
No, sounds good to me too. Mostly. smile.gif I just don't buy the Golden Boot, Best Youngster, Reggina relegated, Player of the Year, and Coach of the Year shtick. There are far too many better alternatives than the ones chosen. Of course, I've been wrong before, and I may be wrong again. So let's wait and see.
Jack Sparrow
If Carletto wins the double, then I don't think there will be too much competition. tongue.gif

Best mid-fielder? Pirlo? As much as I'd like that...it won't make a difference to me if he doesn't win it or not. I love him too much. biggrin.gif I hope at the end of the season, the best mid-fielder is one of Flamini or R80. It would mean we did a few things right.

Sheva for golden boot. Now that, would be poetic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.