Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Rossoneri7
Do you not consider Gazzetta reliable huh.gif
Tennie
I found the article in Italian (on gazzetta's website)

The translation is good. The answer to the first question that's confused in the translation above should be 'We're going forward with our plans' .
amancik
Catania has signed Nicolae Dica from Steaua Bucharest.
Habitant
very good signing for them
arivanjj
^^^ good signing for them!

we MUST win this Scudetto sleep.gif
dst
Gazzetta has lost much credibility in my book over the past year. But I don't believe they'll ever become one of those newspapers that print fake interviews or... photoshopped images...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 28 2008, 11:54 PM)
Gazzetta has lost much credibility in my book over the past year. But I don't believe they'll ever become one of those newspapers that print fake interviews or... photoshopped images...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Nice little discreet dig right there wink.gif biggrin.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 29 2008, 12:54 AM)

Was it the kaka/madrid thing? huh.gif unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 29 2008, 04:44 PM)
Was it the kaka/madrid thing?

Yup. The Spanish paper AS pulled it off. dry.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 29 2008, 01:29 AM)
Do you not consider Gazzetta reliable  huh.gif

I don't really know... I'm asking you!
Rossoneri7
Do you think I am that bored that I sit here for half an hr and translate something unreliable ?
Tennie
Well, I consider Gazzetta to be the most reliable of the Italian dailies. It's not perfect, but it is far better than Tuttosport (except for Juve stuff) or Corriere (for Roma/Lazio stuff).

Plus, I like the horoscopes in Gazzetta. smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 29 2008, 04:17 PM)
Well, I consider Gazzetta to be the most reliable of the Italian dailies. It's not perfect, but it is far better than Tuttosport (except for Juve stuff) or Corriere (for Roma/Lazio stuff). 

Definately.

Btw Tennie, where did you get that picture of Ronaldo? It looks like a very large fan is in front of him
Tennie
The picture is from UEFA.com. It's from the match report for Germany-Portugal. It's not a fan. It's him holding up his jersey (hard to see in the small version, easier to see in the big version).
acid911
C. Ronaldo looks pretty old in the picture. Looks almost like he's 42. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 29 2008, 02:30 PM)
Do you think I am that bored that I sit here for half an hr and translate something unreliable  ?

How was he to know how long it took you to translate. Man, he just asked you a simple question, no need to make a big deal out of it.
Rossoneri7
Seedorf to the BBC: "If Ronaldinho arrived in Milan, I will move on from the team."

As it seems, Ronaldinho's imminent transfer to Milan could cause some problems in the club AC Milan, seeing as his arrival would make the competition for a first team selection fierce!

And the out of the several cases, there is the case of Clearance Seedorf. Whom feels under threat of this issue as he will loose his shirt and his starting place, and he is threatening a move away from San Siro if Dinho arrived, he said in a statement to the BBC: "If Ronaldinho comes to Milan, I will transfer away!"

Seedorf's position on this subject was always there, where he said not two months ago when Ronaldinho's name was constantly in the media, "Ronaldinho is a player we don't need, as we have several players who can play in that position."

The main reason behind Seedorf's displeasure on the subject, is that Ronaldinho's arrival could push his position on the field further towards midfield just behind Ronaldinho, a position which Seedorf dislikes and has since stated that he doesn't want to be fielded in that position, hence he doesn't want this competition. Seedorf insisted that Milan could do without Ronaldinho and consentrate more on other areas on the pitch which require investment. But he has no say in this senario as he is not have the privileges of the officials at the club, he said: " .. The coach and the management know exactly what we are in need of, players who can freshen up the team, I see the team and I see that Milan has other issues more important to deal with but I am not an official in the market .. "

BBC
Rossoneri7
The Crazy World Of Serie A Presidents

They are the people who make all the final decisions, from transfer policy to stadium redevelopment. Some have a genuine long-term affection for the club; others want to make a quick buck. Some are adored by fans, others despised. Some are crazy, others are not. But into which categories do Serie A’s money men fall?

The most famous ‘family’ club in Italy is probably Inter Milan, who have been previously owned by oil tycoon Angelo Moratti, from 1955-68. Since 1995, they have mainly been under the leadership of his son, Massimo.

An unassuming man, Moratti does all he can for the club, saying “I am convinced that every action I take is for the good of Inter”, and has provided a massive transfer kitty for a huge selection of footballing masters: Vieri €38.8m, Ibrahimovic €28.8m, Ronaldo €21.83m, Toldo €21.83m, Crespo €20m – the list really does go on. However, the failure for a very long time to win either a Champions League or Scudetto, with what were probably the best strikers in the world, made Moratti unpopular with the Nerazzurri fans, and in particular the more radical Ultras.

Even going through 12 coaches in the space of nine years only brought about a solitary UEFA Cup success, and after a campaign by the Ultras, Moratti resigned in January 2004. He was to be replaced for two years by Giacinto Facchetti, an Inter legend from the Grande Inter era.

His return upon Facchetti’s death has seen Moratti get what he surely deserved: the Scudetto. The repercussions of Calciopoli meant that the 2005-06 Serie A title was awarded to Roberto Mancini’s men, and they haven’t stopped coming since. Moratti’s affection for the club has been the sole decision making factor under his presidency, and with his two children on the board of directors, Inter look set to stay in the family.

No account on club owners can fail to mention Silvio Berlusconi, owner of AC Milan since 1986. His ‘Media monopoly’ is a source for debate, but his position as Italy’s richest man is not. Berlusconi may not have sold any of his three Mediaset free-to-air television channels or his publishing company upon becoming Prime Minister of Italy, as he sees no need to, but he has ironically resigned as President of Milan due to the conflict of interests, and he is replaced by long-time friend Adriano Galliani.

As owner, he is a constant source of confusion for a significant portion of Milanisti. As leader of a centre-right political party, Popolo della Liberta, (People of Freedom), in coalition with a North Italian separatist, anti-south, anti-immigration party Lega Nord (Northern League), and Prime Minister of the country, it is understandable that some fans have a political or ideological cross to bear against Berlusconi.

However, if that same man ploughs money into the club to make it great, like he did in the 1980s in particular, wins Champions Leagues and Scudetti, and currently supplies you with the sublime talents of Kaka, Maldini, Nesta and Pirlo amongst others, it is an issue that can be brushed under the carpet for most.

Every major league has their share of trigger-happy club owners, but Serie A has more than most. When it comes to changing the coach 28 times in 17 years, (that’s an average spell of around 6 months), then I think Cagliari President Massimo Cellino deserves a mention here. Since becoming Chairman in 1991, Cellino is the epitome of the hot-headed, power mad owner who is never satisfied.

Spare a thought for Davide Ballardini. He became boss of Cagliari, for the second time, in December 2007, with the Rossoblu anchored to the foot of the table. The inexperienced coach from Ravenna then managed to lead his team to 32 points in the second half of the campaign, climbing to the dizzy heights of 14th by the season end. Had he proved himself to be the man Cellino had been looking for all this time?

Unfortunately not: On May 27, their lack of a contractual agreement meant that they ‘parted company’. The new boss, or latest managerial victim, will be the even less experienced Massimiliano Allegri, who just won promotion from Serie C1 with Sassuolo.

Another man with a penchant for firing coaches is Palermo’s Maurizio Zamparini. Coach for the first half of last season Francesco Guidolin famously said “By now, Zamparini's words enter my head in one ear and go out the other," as the club owner continued to be critical of his coach.

Not averse to causing controversy, he has racially attacked Romanians after an incident involving Adrian Mutu, claimed he wanted to sign Del Piero, before pointing out that the club could never afford it, and promised on many occasions to sell the club due to being exasperated with the whole experience. Disappointed with the clubs league form, he has even rooted for the other team: “I hope West Ham knocks us out of the UEFA Cup, otherwise I am sure we will lose again on Sunday against Chievo. This team cannot compete in two different tournaments and I honestly could not care less about the UEFA Cup”.

Finally, amongst the Palermo faithful, he is the man who allowed Luca Toni to join Fiorentina for just £7 million, something that they rue more every season as Il Bomber goes from strength to strength. Then more recently, he sold current stars, Amauri, Barzagli, Zaccardo and Rinaudo. Although this season sees the arrival of Marco Amelia and Fabio Liverani, the decision to cash-in on so many important players, and the lack of enough quality replacements will surely back-fire for Zamparini.

The world of club presidents, owners and chairmen in Serie A make for a hugely colourful and varied environment, especially for the neutrals. If you’re a coach on the other hand, job security is something of a luxury, and if you’re a fan, its pot luck as to whether you end up with a crazed despot, a free-spending club fanatic, or anything in between.

Goal.com

A real interesting read .. Enjoy smile.gif
Tennie
The Seedorf story is badly quoted/translated and very much sensationalized. He did not say he wanted away from Milan and did not threaten to leave if Ronaldinho came.

EDIT: What Seedorf actually said was this:

AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf is still hoping to play in the Premier League before he ends his career.

The 32-year-old Dutchman has played for Ajax, Sampdoria, Real Madrid and Inter Milan, and has been linked with a move to Arsenal in the past.

But speaking to BBC London 94.9 Seedorf said: "I'd always love to come and play in the Premier League, but things just don't happen like that.

"I've never touched the Premier League yet, but let's say you never know."

Seedorf added: "Opportunities come and go, when I was close to coming to England with Manchester United or Arsenal when I was at Sampdoria I went to Real Madrid.

For now I'm in Italy and I'm always following with a very special eye the movements in the Premier League because at the moment it's an example for everybody

"You cannot be everywhere, I've been playing in Spain and Italy. For now I'm in Italy and I'm always following with a very special eye the movements in the Premier League because at the moment it's an example for everybody."

Seedorf was not part of the Netherlands squad at Euro 2008, and has instead dedicated much of his summer to humanitarian work including the Goal4Africa campaign.

He has organised a benefit match at Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena on 12 July to bring together some of the world's best footballers for the Global Kick Off Event.

Seedorf explained: "I've talked to John Terry and he was very keen. Andrei Shevchenko said yes already, Michael Essien, Didier Drogba, Steven Gerrard, but Ryan Babel unfortunately got injured.

"Sergio Ramos, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gatuso and Alessandro Nesta are all very keen to come. We know of course there are responsibilities for their teams, as they all have to train. So I'm also asking all the coaches at all the clubs to help free the players to come and play this match and help this project and make a difference for a lot of kids."

link to BBC article.

link to video of interview.

R7, I think you've got a bad source there -- or is it goal misquoting BBC?
Tennie
Hrm. Transfer sagas going on in Italy.

Christian Vieri has signed a 1 year contract with Atalanta -- despite vocal protests by Atalanta fans AGAINST his return to Bergamo.

The zebras have announced the signing of Dario Knezevic from Livorno...but Toro are the ones who've deposited his contract with Lega Calcio. Looks like Turin's got its own version of the Suazo saga this year.

Daniele De Rossi has extended his contract with AS Roma (no great surprise there).
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 30 2008, 12:48 AM)
R7, I think you've got a bad source there -- or is it goal misquoting BBC?

Well, it was from the BBC Arabic website .. so .. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised, as the British press are notorious at bringing up headlines in football!
Rossoneri7
Abiatti has spoken of the market and of Ronaldinho, giving a thumbs up to the management for considering such a world class player. He also says that he's motivated and ready for the new season, after signing for Milan 10 years ago.
Tennie
^^ link?
Rossoneri7
http://site.acmilanclub.com/modules.php?na...ticle&sid=14838

Quoted from Sky Italia smile.gif
Tennie
Thanks, R7. smile.gif
Tennie
Palermo have signed Davide Lanzafame from Bari. Lanzafame was rather good in the Toulon (U23) tournament. Good buy for Palermo.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 30 2008, 08:30 PM)
Well, it was from the BBC Arabic website .. so .. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised, as the British press are notorious at bringing up headlines in football!

Maybe so, but for the Serie A they couldn't care less our conference division gets far more publicity than the Italian League...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 1 2008, 05:42 PM)
Maybe so, but for the Serie A they couldn't care less our conference division gets far more publicity than the Italian League...

It was from the BBC, which in my book is a very reliable source in terms of financial and political news ... But Tennie thinks the quotes are fabricated, so I just spoke in general
Tennie
BBC is GREAT for political/financial news. Personally, I think they're the best in the world at that sort of thing.

For sport, on the other hand....not so much.

In the case of the Seedorf interview, what is quoted from the BBC Arabic site isn't even close to the interview (of which there's a video link, so we know what was actually said) on the BBC English site. Not sure why that happened.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2008, 11:12 PM)
How was he to know how long it took you to translate. Man, he just asked you a simple question, no need to make a big deal out of it.

There's something wrong with this guy, or he just has this thing for me. I couldn't care less.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 1 2008, 04:38 PM)
It was from the BBC, which in my book is a very reliable source in terms of financial and political news ... But Tennie thinks the quotes are fabricated, so I just spoke in general

Didn't say it was unreliable or 'fabricated'

Just that you said they make things up which is true in cases but usually they don't give the Serie A the light of day, no one seems to care about it here mad.gif
Tennie
They don't care about it here either, Ash. mad.gif The newsreaders can't even pronounce easy names right during games (or maybe 'pirlo' is a lot harder than i thought).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 1 2008, 09:07 PM)
They don't care about it here either, Ash.  mad.gif The newsreaders can't even pronounce easy names right during games (or maybe 'pirlo' is a lot harder than i thought).

Motty pronounces Pirlo 'Pir-ee-oh'. Very unusual i thought. blink.gif

Talking of Motty, he's retired from commentating on international games. dry.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 1 2008, 05:35 PM)
Talking of Motty, he's retired from commentating on international games. dry.gif

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Ohno!

I like Motty! He's my favorite English-speaking match commentator!
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 2 2008, 02:41 AM)
I like Motty! He's my favorite English-speaking match commentator!

Motty as in John Motson? Or someone else? unsure.gif If so, he's one of the very few commentators I like.
CrazyMilanFan
oh has he retired he was really gud i remeber him in france 98 game as well he was really gud
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 1 2008, 11:56 PM)
Motty as in John Motson? Or someone else? unsure.gif If so, he's one of the very few commentators I like.

Yep, John Motson!
Habitant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 29 2008, 08:50 PM)
BBC

more bs, i have decided to reject this information because it doesn't satisfy my insecurities, oh wait... thats normally you smile.gif
Tennie
In news that may be of interest to those who follow the Croatian national team, Torino have made an offer to Ivan Klasnic.

He's apparently got offers from some German clubs (including Hamburg and Hertha Berlin) and some English clubs (West Ham and Fulham).

I'd love to see him in Serie A. (The fish doll suspects he may go to Hamburg, however, where Ivica Olic plays).
Tennie
hsm. Samp are apparently working on a loan deal for one Andrij Shevchenko, late of Chelsea Football Club.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 2 2008, 06:49 PM)
hsm. Samp are apparently working on a loan deal for one Andrij Shevchenko, late of Chelsea Football Club.

i dont think that will happen if we was going on loan than milan would have got him quite a time ago
Rossoneri7
His agent: Shevchenko will come back to Italy, and today we will discuss Abate's future.

Andry Shevchenko reappearance in the Italian news after being frozen out of the Italian headlines for far too long, after leaving for Chelsea not two seasons ago here he is now being linked back to Italy and Milan to be precise.

His agent Claudio Pasqualine talked to 'Siamo Tutti Ct' over 'Radio Kiss Kiss' about Sheva's future: "I believe in the possibility of Shevhcenko's return to Italia, but it is important that we wait for a longer period. It is possible that Abramovic might step down from his demands and let him go on loan for free. Sampdoria have shown their interest in him recently, but I think there is only one club in Italy that can afford Shevchenko's wages and that is Milan. I believe that Abramovic will finally open the door and let Sheva leave."

He also talked about his other client, Abate whom Milan had just bought his full rights from Empoli: "Abate to Torino ? The club found the agreement, today will be the day which we discuss the contract and I think everything will go on smoothly."
Tennie
(Typo above, R7. It's 'Abate', not 'Abati'.)
CrazyMilanFan
hmmm Sheva back with R10 will be gr8 to me but only sheva is no gud actully i dont want him in italy other than milan
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 2 2008, 09:00 PM)
(Typo above, R7. It's 'Abate', not 'Abati'.)

Ty smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 2 2008, 07:35 AM)
Yep, John Motson!

Gee, thank you! smile.gif He was a listener.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 2 2008, 11:03 PM)
hmmm Sheva back with R10 will be gr8 to me but only sheva is no gud  actully i dont want him in italy other than milan

Very true. cool.gif
kurtsimonw
Imagine Pato, Sheva, Kaka', Ronaldinho.. At their best, those 4 could be amazing. Trouble is, 2 of them are past their best by the looks of it. dry.gif
Tennie
The fish doll gives R7's source (is it the ac milan club site in arabic that always posts good clips on youtube?) a cookie.

The sheva thingy is only just being picked up in the italian print media.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 2 2008, 01:56 PM)

smile.gif
amancik
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 2 2008, 07:59 PM)
Imagine Pato, Sheva, Kaka', Ronaldinho.. At their best, those 4 could be amazing. Trouble is, 2 of them are past their best by the looks of it. dry.gif

Just by looking at their names is like watching The Grudge, to actually see their faces in a line-up is like watching The Grudge in 3D glasses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.