Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 9 2008, 09:12 PM) *
I usually defend Inter when people are unfair but they were hugely lackluster today. yes, they had all the possession but they barely created any scoring opportunities. (that doesn't mean Udinese were good though. they were even sh1ttier)

What dst means is that inter were good in the last half an hour (when they brought two fresh legs) of the match. Udinese stopped attacking at that time, and were happy to defend, which they did well. smile.gif But there comes a time when the opposition is attacking constantly that the defense cracks. For inter it was after the 90th minute.

Udinese shouldn't have gone quiet towards the end of the match. That's what proved to be their undoing. They couldn't string more than two good passes together, and every ball they cleared it went to inter players. I'd have been all for a 0-0 draw, for it would have eased the pressure at the top. inter winning against Udinese is almost the same as say we winning against Juve next month. We have easy matches until then, while they have hard ones now. But let's just first win against Leece and then we'll talk.
Rossoneri7
Udine dry.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 9 2008, 11:21 AM) *
And this Floro Flores guy... he's great. one of those players I would have bought for Milan if I were Galliani! (if he's always this good).

I've been a fan of him since FM 06... biggrin.gif He is awesome but unfortunately, just like in the game, he is inconsistent.
Tennie
Floro Flores was quite good for Arezzo a couple of seasons ago. He's in rather good form these days (the Udine attack in general is, I think. There are 4-5 guys who rotate). This is his second season at Udinese. And, like Di Natale and Quagliarella, he's also from Naples.
Ry4n
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 9 2008, 04:08 PM) *
And I can't believe he is 34! He is much much more consistent than our fragile Super Pippo.

lets roll back a bit....when Inzaghi plays he scores just like Del boy but Pippo cant score from the sidelines if hes injured...
KillerMax
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Nov 9 2008, 11:35 AM) *
lets roll back a bit....when Inzaghi plays he scores just like Del boy but Pippo cant score from the sidelines if hes injured...

Consistent in the form of playing regularly. smile.gif
Zed.D
Moratti's ugly face was quite a view the more the match neared the end... he could see he's team was not as great as he'd imagined.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

From the interview with Moratti after Roma-Inter.

When you look at the Inter of last night, you ask yourself who can stop them. Perhaps Inter are their only opponent, as Cristian Chivu said the other day...

"Yes... However, we all know football: from the stars, to incessant criticism. We're keeping our feet on the ground. It was the improvement I was expecting, but the championship is very long and there's the Champions League too."

puke.gif
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 9 2008, 06:25 PM) *
He is awesome but unfortunately, just like in the game, he is inconsistent.

Real life is such a rip-off of FM!
Ry4n
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 9 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Consistent in the form of playing regularly. smile.gif

oh ok laugh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 9 2008, 11:37 AM) *
Real life is such a rip-off of FM!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

(By the way, I making a habit of only using a smiley if it truly represents my expression at that moment. So, two lol smileys = laughing hard... twice.)
acid911
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 9 2008, 09:42 PM) *
(By the way, I making a habit of only using a smiley if it truly represents my expression at that moment. So, two lol smileys = laughing hard... twice.)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh, okay. I've been doing this since I signed up here! tongue.gif Joking!
dst
By the way, anyone thinking Pasquale Marino is a coach to keep an eye on?
Rossoneri7
He has done rather well for Udine .. I wouldn't take it to extremes, but is definitely one of the more promising Italian managers out there smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 9 2008, 06:21 PM) *
And this Floro Flores guy... he's great. one of those players I would have bought for Milan if I were Galliani! (if he's always this good).

Floro Flores? Is that the same Floro Flores from Napoli back a few years?

Cruz saved once more Mourinho. He really is a great striker..
Tennie
Yep, same one who played for Napoli in the past (3-4 years ago).
MizNelson
Jose rages at pro-Mancio media
Jose Mourinho stormed out of post-match interviews when asked about the comparison with Roberto Mancini’s Inter
(Ch. 4)

Jesus, what an immature prick. I swear.
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 9 2008, 10:35 PM) *
Jose rages at pro-Mancio media
Jose Mourinho stormed out of post-match interviews when asked about the comparison with Roberto Mancini’s Inter
(Ch. 4)

Jesus, what an immature prick. I swear.

I think I would label him as more of a 'Drama seeking media wh@re'
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 10 2008, 08:57 PM) *
I think I would label him as more of a 'Drama seeking media wh@re'

haha so true wink.gif
MizNelson
"Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon is pleased with the Old Lady's form in his absence. "I am replaceable."

(Ch. 4)

Crisis hotlines in Turin are no doubt ringing off the hook. smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 11 2008, 07:26 AM) *
"Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon is pleased with the Old Lady's form in his absence. "I am replaceable."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Gotta hand it over to people who believe their own hype!
Tennie
Programming note: Juventus-Genoa will be played this Thursday. The game has been brought forward because there's an Italy-Argentina rugby game being played at the Communale in Torino on Saturday (Juve-Toro was originally scheduled for Sunday).
TriniKing_CE
Argentina will most probably win by a big margin!
Tennie
I'm told Argentina has a pretty good rugby team. (There's a pub near my flat where they show rugby all the time. might have to go watch some day).
Tennie
Gotta feel bad for Reggina. They played Udinese today in the Coppa. Udine were reduced to NINE men (keeper sent off for foul in the box; the resulting penalty was saved and then Quagliarella got a straight red for a tackle from behind) during the game. It was still scoreless at the end of 90 minutes, so they went to extra time and then penalties. Udine finally won the game 8-7 on pens. (Handanovic didn't play this one. he had the day off).
acid911
I kind like both Reggina and Udinese. sad.gif Pretty straining match, it seems.
Tennie
Today's other Coppa results:

Napoli 3 - 1 Salernitana (Kingsley didn't play for Salernitana, sadly)
Sampdoria 2 - 1 Empoli
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 13 2008, 04:25 AM) *
Napoli 3 - 1 Salernitana (Kingsley didn't play for Salernitana, sadly)

dry.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 13 2008, 04:51 AM) *
dry.gif

dry.gif

Napoli = king.gif !
Tennie
More bad news for AS Roma. Daniele de Rossi fell in training and the initial diagnosis is a broken hand. This is especially bad for Roma as the Rome derby is Sunday.
Zed.D
Bah...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 13 2008, 08:28 AM) *
More bad news for AS Roma. Daniele de Rossi fell in training and the initial diagnosis is a broken hand. This is especially bad for Roma as the Rome derby is Sunday.

sleep.gif ...Sure does suck to be Roma these days!
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 13 2008, 07:34 PM) *
...Sure does suck to be Roma these days!

Boy, you can say that again! sad.gif If things don't improve, I see them fail to finish even eighth! That means no European competitions for them, whatsoever.
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 13 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Bah...

how much do you have bet that roma will take points off us? innocent.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Habitant @ Nov 13 2008, 10:51 PM) *
how much do you have bet that roma will take points off us?

I can bet the world (and everything in it) against it happening. rolleyes.gif Last year was a different story!
Tennie
De Rossi is quoted in the afternoon papers in Italy as saying he wants to play in the derby. The guess is that he'll have a cast sort of like the one Gattuso's been wearing.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 13 2008, 06:16 PM) *
Boy, you can say that again! sad.gif If things don't improve, I see them fail to finish even eighth! That means no European competitions for them, whatsoever.

Unless they win the Coppa, of course.
Tennie
Juventus-Genoa starts in...15 minutes or so.

This is the game that was reschedule on account of a rugby match being played at the Olimpico di Torino this weekend.
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 14 2008, 12:14 AM) *
Unless they win the Coppa, of course.

Will they? mellow.gif Competitions are risky business, one bad match and you're out. I still can't get over the fact what stupid signings they made this summer. Riise and Baptista, both over the edge players.
Tennie
Score one for the Gobbi. Grygera in the 6th minute. That was fast.
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 14 2008, 12:39 AM) *
Score one for the Gobbi. Grygera in the 6th minute. That was fast.

dry.gif
Tennie
Meh.

Grygera is having a good game. He provided an assist for Amauri's goal.

2-0 for the Gobbi in the 25th.
acid911
You are a 9 times Scudetto winner Genoa. mad.gif Behave like one!
Tennie
Well, Milito did pull one back for Genoa.

Unfortunately, Iaquinta scored one and there was a Genoa own goal. Camoranesi came on in the 70th; he's just coming back from injury.

FT Juve 4 - 1 Genoa
acid911
Oh well, a draw was too much to ask for, anyway. sad.gif Genoa are on the road to nowhere, it seems.
Zed.D
Juve 4-1 Genoa...

And we can think about how to 'unlock' Lecce...

QUOTE (Habitant @ Nov 13 2008, 10:21 PM) *
how much do you have bet that roma will take points off us? innocent.gif

Wouldn't bet on it but wouldn't be surprised if it did happen either! it is the story of recent Milan: we don't say no to any team wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 13 2008, 05:09 PM) *
Napoli = king.gif !

Bah. dry.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 14 2008, 02:34 AM) *
And we can think about how to 'unlock' Lecce...

Sure. We'll think about it when they come to San Siro. biggrin.gif Quote me on this, then.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Channel 4)
“It's been years since Milan felt the thrill of first place.”
And decades since Massimo Moratti saw Inter reach the European Cup Final

Owned with a capital O.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 14 2008, 04:19 AM) *
Sure. We'll think about it when they come to San Siro. biggrin.gif Quote me on this, then.

I will.

But managing to beat 'small teams' only at San Siro is not good enough if we want to win the Scudetto. now you quote me on this wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 14 2008, 02:59 PM) *
But managing to beat 'small teams' only at San Siro is not good enough if we want to win the Scudetto. now you quote me on this

I don't need to. smile.gif I already know. It was these small points lost away to Atlantas and Napolis that cost us the fourth last season. Unless we do something about it and start winning away to these mid table teams, we can kiss the Scudetto good bye.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 14 2008, 02:03 PM) *
I don't need to. smile.gif I already know. It was these small points lost away to Atlantas and Napolis that cost us the fourth last season. Unless we do something about it and start winning away to these mid table teams, we can kiss the Scudetto good bye.

Good boy 96.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.