Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Zed.D
Mourinho's here to change these unwritten laws, not follow them!
Zed.D

Beauty and the Beast rolleyes.gif

Is that a poster of Milan Cathedral behind them? laugh.gif they live in Milan ffs.
kurtsimonw
I presume that means it's his 600th appearance for the club?

That really is a magnificent acheivment. Making 600 professional appearances is great, making that many for one club is outstanding. But doing it as a foreigner? I bet that's not happened many times!
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 25 2008, 09:47 PM) *

Beauty and the Beast rolleyes.gif

Is that a poster of Milan Cathedral behind them? laugh.gif they live in Milan ffs.

its the Beast on the right and the toy solider on the left lol go back to the 30's Zanetti you face belongs there lol
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 25 2008, 11:35 PM) *
its the Beast on the right and the toy solider on the left lol go back to the 30's Zanetti you face belongs there lol

You people criticise the Inter fans for being class-less and ignorant?
Zanetti is a legend, and deserves every bit of praise he gets.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 25 2008, 10:41 PM) *

agreed
Ry4n

LOL firstly dry.gif i didnt say he isnt or wasnt a good player M8 hes a very good player actually better then every player in the world hes not only that he should win every award known to the footballing world on top of that he gets to wear the greatest team shirt every day......the iceing on the cake AKA inter

"Breathes"

P.S im not ignorant its called playerful banter m8 they are our rivals after all dont tell me you dont snear at Tottenham on any Arsenal Forums , and when did i critise inter fans ?!?!!?!?!?!
Ry4n
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 25 2008, 10:51 PM) *
agreed

headphone.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2008, 10:30 PM) *
I presume that means it's his 600th appearance for the club?

That really is a magnificent acheivment. Making 600 professional appearances is great, making that many for one club is outstanding. But doing it as a foreigner? I bet that's not happened many times!

Ryan Giggs has got 537 apps for Man U hes Welsh so would you call that a foreigner ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Giggs
Portman

It's a fact.
acid911
Zanetti is a legend. And a loser. wink.gif Not very much, but I like him. The only player from inter. Rhy has a point (or two, I loved the 30s face reference), inter fans aren't very keen on our players bar Maldini. Same goes for Juve, though I've seen people with Del Piero avatars praising Paolo. So all said and done, we'd be wise enough to cut them some slack - they're professional players, et al.

That's that, about the maximum extent of I'll go with this. dry.gif Can't forget all the crap our rivals have put us and our players through in recent times. But as worthy adversaries and nothing more, which is the least people should expect from us Milan fans.
Ry4n
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 26 2008, 02:03 AM) *
Zanetti is a legend. And a loser. wink.gif Not very much, but I like him. The only player from inter. Rhy has a point (or two, I loved the 30s face reference), inter fans aren't very keen on our players bar Maldini. Same goes for Juve, though I've seen people with Del Piero avatars praising Paolo. So all said and done, we'd be wise enough to cut them some slack - they're professional players, et al.

That's that, about the maximum extent of I'll go with this. dry.gif Can't forget all the crap our rivals have put us and our players through in recent times. But as worthy adversaries and nothing more, which is the least people should expect from us Milan fans.

Agreed
acid911
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 26 2008, 06:23 AM) *
Agreed

You're the man! king.gif

But come on, he's got a good face, sort of like that old 'Superman' guy in the 80s. Christopher Reeves! biggrin.gif For the time being, I'm happy with my face, but if I had to think about changing it, I'd seriously consider something close to his. Hehe!
Ry4n
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 26 2008, 02:27 AM) *
You're the man! king.gif

But come on, he's got a good face, sort of like that old 'Superman' guy in the 80s. Christopher Reeves! biggrin.gif For the time being, I'm happy with my face, but if I had to think about changing it, I'd seriously consider something close to his. Hehe!

haha true

Ry4n
Blast from the past Another Inter Legend that i "Respect" for what he contributed to Inter way back when.

acid911
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 26 2008, 07:23 AM) *
Blast from the past Another Inter Legend that i "Respect" for what he contributed to Inter way back when.

+1. sleep.gif San Siro is named after this guy, he's one of the very few Italian forwards I like. I think he played for Milan too, just a season or two. But for inter he was legend. Close to 250 goals in 350 appearances! Nothing beats that.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 25 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Ryan Giggs has got 537 apps for Man U hes Welsh so would you call that a foreigner ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Giggs

I don't really consider him foreign to be honest. Especially as he spent a bit of time growing up in Manchester anyway. So what Zanetti has done is incredible, a definite legend of Serie A.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2008, 09:48 AM) *
I don't really consider him foreign to be honest. Especially as he spent a bit of time growing up in Manchester anyway. So what Zanetti has done is incredible, a definite legend of Serie A.

Ah ok
Locke Lamora
Moratti feels derby strain Friday 26 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massimo Moratti is looking forward to the derby, even if “these games always make me suffer!”

The Inter President has had more good fortune against Milan in recent years, as before the 2-1 defeat on May 4, his team had won the last three on the trot.

“I am relaxed about the derby. Jose Mourinho has got it covered, so we are in very good hands,” smiled the patron.

“These are games that always make me suffer, right from childhood when I was so scared of Gunnar Nordahl.”

The Rossoneri legend netted eight goals against Inter during the 1950s, including a spectacular 4-4 draw.

The Derby della Madonnina hasn’t ended in a stalemate since the goalless result in October 2004, followed by five Milan wins and four for the Nerazzurri.

“Would I prefer to win the derby playing badly or to be without a victory while performing brilliantly? Oh absolutely to win, even if we play terrible football!”

Milan are without striker Marco Borriello and former Inter midfielder Andrea Pirlo, so Andriy Shevchenko could start with Ronaldinho again on the bench.

“I hope Ronaldinho is on the bench, because he is a fantastic player.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You gotta give it to him, he is a master of giving spectacularly lame interviews.
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Sep 27 2008, 02:13 AM) *
You gotta give it to him, he is a master of giving spectacularly lame interviews.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif +1. Excellent way of packing an ocean in a cigar box, Locke! My favorite part of this interview: 'I am relaxed about the derby. Jose Mourinho has got it covered, so we are in very good hands'.
Locke Lamora
First he says he's relaxed about the derby. Then he says these games always make him suffer, and finishes by saying he hopes a particular player won't play because...well, because then he wouldn't be quite so relaxed. Wait, is he really relaxed at all? Who knows? I don't think he knows himself good enough to know that.
Darunia
Sampdoria-Juventus has finished 0-0. Sampdoria also tied Inter in week 1 at home.
Zed.D
YESS!! Forza Samp!!

That chicken-face Ranieri was talking about how he'd like the title race to be between Inter and Juve and now his team will be behind Milan if we beat Inter. I really hope we teach every team in Serie A a lesson this season. I don't like these Milan writing-offs one bit.
Portman
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 27 2008, 07:42 PM) *
YESS!! Forza Samp!!

That chicken-face Ranieri was talking about how he'd like the title race to be between Inter and Juve and now his team will be behind Milan if we beat Inter. I really hope we teach every team in Serie A a lesson this season. I don't like these Milan writing-offs one bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2txx7QBps

Mourinho today said some nice words about Ranieri:

Do you think you can sell a product like football with the attitude of sending your vice coach to speak after a game?

"If you want a clear example of this matter, let's talk about the Premiership, the number one product in this sense. Alex Ferguson is considered the world over as one of the best coaches in the history of football, and I think he is too. How many times does Sir Alex Ferguson not talk to the press? And how many times do we hear talk of lack of respect and all these negative adjectives that we heard the other day? In my brief career, I have sent a collaborator to talk to the press twenty-one times. Here, for the first time in these twenty-one times, there has been talk of lack of respect.

I'll ask you a question. A coach who studied Italian for four or five hours a day for three months came to a new country for the first time and spoke with the country, the people, the fans and the journalists in their language, maybe not that well because sometimes I make mistakes. Do you think this is a lack of respect?

And now Ranieri talks. Ranieri who during his five years in England had problems saying good day, good afternoon and good morning. And now Ranieri, who respected the English fans and journalists, comes to me and says these things. Giuseppe Baresi can't represent Inter? He can't represent his coach José Mourinho? The only person who can say this to me is president Moratti.
If he tells me Baresi doesn't have the quality, the status, the image or the faith to represent the club, then I promise that I will be here in every meeting with the press. But it's the president who has to tell me this, not you or another journalist on TV, or another coach. Before coming here I prepared a document for the club. I wrote a profile of the collaborators I wanted. One of the things I wrote in that document, that both myself and the club have, were the reasons why I want with me a person with a certain profile who knows the history of the club. That person is Giuseppe Baresi, but it could have been Riccardo Ferri or Giuseppe Bergomi, or another man who is important for the history of the club, so I can have someone who represents me with dignity, class and status before the fans, other clubs and the press.

The problem here is a different one: you had no respect for a person like Giuseppe Baresi. If you don't understand, I can do a drawing to explain it better to you."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Zed.D
I think even those who hate Mourinho with all their strength agree with what he said. if any disrespect is shown it's towards that guy Baresi.
kurtsimonw
Mourinho is a very, very intelligent guy. There is no way the press are going to win one over on him, he has a comeback from pretty much every arguement. Jose is completely right in this anyway, he nor the club have done anything wrong.
Zed.D
Torino 1-3 Lazio

OMG, someone stop Zarate!! he's scored another 2 goals [one of them penalty]. if he and Lazio continue like this, they will probably finish top 4, as well as Capocannoniere for Zarate.

Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2008, 08:15 PM) *
Mourinho is a very, very intelligent guy. There is no way the press are going to win one over on him, he has a comeback from pretty much every arguement. Jose is completely right in this anyway, he nor the club have done anything wrong.

Hes got a very good point wink.gif +1 Mourinho

-1 Media's Morale
dst
Mourinho blasts 'Barnetta'
Sunday 28 September, 2008
Jose Mourinho continues to lose friends and alienate people, as a row has broken out with Lecce boss Mario Beretta.

The Inter Coach has ‘kind’ words for everyone during his Press conference on Saturday afternoon, which included deriding Claudio Ranieri’s grasp of the English language.

“I studied Italian five hours a day for many months to ensure I could communicate with the players, media and fans.

“Ranieri had been in England for five years and still struggled to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good afternoon.’ Who is he to tell me what to do?”

The Portuguese tactician then turned his attention to the midweek win over Lecce, as Beretta told the media that the decision to send assistant manager Beppe Baresi to the Press conference showed “a lack of respect.”

This did not go down well with Mourinho when he was told of the comment on Saturday and he couldn’t quite get his colleague’s surname right.

“Barnetta (sic) spoke to me at the stadium and didn’t say anything. I may have an irritating face, but not one of a person who is mean or violent,” snapped the Inter Coach.

“Why didn’t he say this to me in person? Maybe he needs to work a little more on his character if he doesn’t know how to talk to colleagues and then sends them messages via the media.”

Mourinho didn’t let it go and added fuel to the fire a few minutes later when asked to give a prediction on the derby against Milan.

“There is a very important player in the history of Portuguese football, just as important as Beppe Baresi was for the Italian game, but the difference is when he talks to the media everyone shuts up and listens, instead here there is always some Barnetta or other who says what he wants.

“This player is called Joao Pinto and he was captain of Benfica. He said you only make predictions after the match.”

The message filtered through to Lecce, where Beretta did not hesitate in giving his response to this personal attack from Mourinho.

“I have no character? Who can possibly say that? Nobody. I think the issue should end here, as I have more important things to think about than this stupid rubbish.

“I consider Mourinho a professional who is intelligent and never banal in his statements. My judgement won’t change, just as my freedom to say what I want will not change.

“I replied to a question that was posed to me. If he wants to continue this argument, that’s his problem.”

channel4

That's the way to talk to The Arrogant One. Well done Beretta! cool.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 28 2008, 04:39 PM) *
Torino 1-3 Lazio

OMG, someone stop Zarate!! he's scored another 2 goals [one of them penalty]. if he and Lazio continue like this, they will probably finish top 4, as well as Capocannoniere for Zarate.

if he continues like that he will end up with inter dry.gif

it would be interesting, it's been a while since a young talent comes out of nowhere and wins the capocannoniere.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 29 2008, 02:09 AM) *

it would be interesting, it's been a while since a young talent comes out of nowhere and wins the capocannoniere.

I Hope he does'nt go to Inter because thatd be a waste to his carrier Inter would ruin him and make him a flop where as in Lazio he'll become a Legend because we all know what happened last season when Lazio fell apart when the season before they were in Champions league the more in the race for the title the better imo more interesting other wise if one team gets ahead its just a few teams that can stop them or slow them down ect. I hope he becomes Capocannoniere but i hope Pato beats him to it tongue.gif call it Milan Fan wishful Thinking tongue.gif but im sure Pato can do it !!!!!!
Habitant
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Sep 29 2008, 02:32 AM) *
I Hope he does'nt go to Inter because thatd be a waste to his carrier Inter would ruin him and make him a flop where as in Lazio he'll become a Legend because we all know what happened last season when Lazio fell apart when the season before they were in Champions league the more in the race for the title the better imo more interesting other wise if one team gets ahead its just a few teams that can stop them or slow them down ect. I hope he becomes Capocannoniere but i hope Pato beats him to it tongue.gif call it Milan Fan wishful Thinking tongue.gif but im sure Pato can do it !!!!!!

silience! your going to give zd a boner stop.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 29 2008, 05:39 AM) *

Yeah, if he continues like this one of the big teams will 'steal' him in the end dry.gif to be honest I prefer an Italian team does that not an English/Spanish one...

I think Pato has the potential to win the Capocannoniere someday. but it's too early! he's 19, Zarate is 21.

If Pato scores 16 goals - or more - in all competitions this season, I'd be more than happy.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Habitant @ Sep 29 2008, 03:06 AM) *
silience! your going to give zd a boner stop.gif

Hahahahaha biggrin.gif
Zed.D
First Mourinho defends Materazzi for the derby red card and now this... are they in love or what? this is so gay biggrin.gif

kurtsimonw
You just insulted Matrix and Jose with one comment! I ought to end you!
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2008, 04:02 PM) *

Should he have used two comments? unsure.gif Next time take caution, zd, you seem too young to die!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2008, 07:02 AM) *

U like Matrix? ohmy.gif ...wtf??!
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Oct 3 2008, 06:35 PM) *
U like Matrix? ...wtf??!

Yeah he does. sleep.gif Then again, stranger things have happened here at Milanfan, so!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Oct 3 2008, 03:35 PM) *

kurt LOVES Matrix. And Mourinho. And Poulsen.
He seems to like the players the rest of us think of as scumbags.
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 3 2008, 07:08 PM) *

You forgot Gila. tongue.gif Either way, I think most of these players you mentioned have their uses, bags of scum or not. Good utility players. But apart from Gila, I personally don't like any of them very much, though I respect Mourinho for his tactical knowledge and Poulsen as an all round package.

Materazzi, the inter personification? No I don't find anything particularly useful in him, at least not what others can do and better! dry.gif Giorgio Chiellini for President!
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2008, 03:32 PM) *

Oops! sorry! I do like Mou [as a coach] and a little bit Matrix [as a weird personality]. but I still think their gesture was gay tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Oct 3 2008, 01:35 PM) *

He's awesome. I've liked him since his Everton days, so it's just by chance he went to Inter really.

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 3 2008, 02:08 PM) *

I can see why people don't like them, but oh well. tongue.gif

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Oops! sorry! I do like Mou [as a coach] and a little bit Matrix [as a weird personality]. but I still think their gesture was gay tongue.gif

It did look a little.. none-hetrosexual. dry.gif
amancik
Darn ... I was hoping Lazio would lose. Simone Inzaghi equalised near the end.
Lazio has dropped 2 points so we need to pick up 3 points to be a point behind.
I_Rossoneri
Ibra scored for merda with an amazing backheel!!!!
amancik
Is it nice?
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (amancik @ Oct 4 2008, 08:21 PM) *
Is it nice?

It was amazing! Adriano crosses it in and Ibra with his back to the ball backheels the ball in from just under waist height. I don't really like Ibra but IMO that was goal of the season.
I_Rossoneri
Adriano 2-0 penalty. Didn't see what the offence was.
I_Rossoneri
2-1 come on!!!! cool.gif
Zed.D
**** me!! what a goal!

Zlatan's goal:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2350866
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.