Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Jack Sparrow
Beauty and sex appeal are universal, tax free commodities kiddo. So stop being possessive.

From Serie A to curvy Greek beauties....whoo hoo...I AM LEGEND!!

*ducks near the bushes as Max passes by with a cane*
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 18 2008, 04:59 PM) *
From Serie A to curvy Greek beauties....whoo hoo...I AM LEGEND!!

Hey that was me! Ah but you're a pirate, right! biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 18 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Hey that was me! Ah but you're a pirate, right! biggrin.gif

Nyop....I brought in Panathinaikos and you into Serie A to start with. smoke.gif.

So the original off topicking began with me. I'm a pirate but I stick to the code. cool.gif

So staying on topic...

Have you ever met Vaso? And what a wierd name...what does it mean?
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 18 2008, 05:06 PM) *
Nyop....I brought in Panathinaikos and you into Serie A to start with. smoke.gif.

So the original off topicking began with me. I'm a pirate but I stick to the code. cool.gif

So staying on topic...

Have you ever met Vaso? And what a wierd name...what does it mean?

Geez, gimme some credit cap'n you brought the prisoner on the board but I pushed him over...

Vaso? No... that girl I posted in the 'Hot Girls Thread' (how off-topic that was!) associates with many other models so I could meet Vaso if I was dating her. rolleyes.gif Vaso derives from Vasiliki and it translates to 'Basilic' ('Royal')!

Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 18 2008, 07:58 PM) *
Geez, gimme some credit cap'n you brought the prisoner on the board but I pushed him over...

Vaso? No... that girl I posted in the 'Hot Girls Thread' (how off-topic that was!) associates with many other models so I could meet Vaso if I was dating her. rolleyes.gif Vaso derives from Vasiliki and it translates to 'Basilic' ('Royal')!

Date her...for me...please!! cry.gif
kurtsimonw
EDIT: Nevermind.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 18 2008, 06:12 PM) *
EDIT: Nevermind.

Oh you're not getting away with that, you owe us an explanation!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 18 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Oh you're not getting away with that, you owe us an explanation!

I asked you and Jack to shut up talking about Greek girls and to post some.. without realising you'd already posted some in the Hot Girls thread. Silly me.
Darunia
Di Gennaro is starting today against Roma for Reggina. He is on loan from Genoa to Reggina, co-owned by Milan.
Locke Lamora
Panucci scored for Roma on the stroke of half time, this guy scores an awful lot considering he's 35 years old and playing CB.
vahid
Catania 1 - 0 Atalanta
AS Roma 3 - 0 Reggina

Roma played a good game,it seems they're improved.
whoarethepatriots
Impressive goal by Aquilani against Reggina. If he ever leaves Roma, i want us to get him
Portman
Mourinho: Nobody does it better

Saturday 20 September, 2008 ::: channel4.com

Jose Mourinho believes “there is no Coach in the world better than me” and why Massimo Moratti is a greater club President than Roman Abramovich.

Controversy follows The Special One wherever he goes and he gave an exclusive interview to the Gazzetta dello Sport today on what makes him tick.

When I arrived in London, all I said was that I am a normal manager in charge of a special group. All of a sudden I became ‘The Special One,’ but I never defined myself as that.

I do not think I am the best Coach in the world, but I also don’t believe there is anyone in the world who is better than me.

Mourinho left Chelsea in bitter circumstances, but seems to have a far stronger rapport with Moratti.

“They are both passionate about football, which is crucial for a Coach, but Moratti has been crazy about Inter for 63 years, whereas Roman is a Chelsea fan for only five.”

The last week has seen Jose hit the headlines repeatedly for his verbal brawl with Catania general manager Pietro Lo Monaco.

I do not enjoy provoking people, but I do not like being provoked, as in that case I will answer back,” he explained.

I know I am a person who sells papers and gets attention. Just look at what I did for Lo Monaco, as because of me he ended up on CNN for free. Fantastic, eh?

Mou has irritated many of the opposition, but his own players – above all Zlatan Ibrahimovic – cannot praise him highly enough.

“I didn’t find this difficult ego in Zlatan that everyone talked about. He knows full well he is the best and when the time comes will prove it by winning the Ballon d’Or. To achieve that, he needs to play the way Inter want to in the future.”

However, Mourinho has complained that the Nerazzurri squad is too large and some players, such as Hernan Crespo, have been left off the Champions League list.

“It is more of a problem for the players than for me. In terms of tactics it is much better to work with 20 players or less.”

Kaka: I Like Mourinho, Ronaldo For Golden Ball

Milan star Kaka has revealed his penchant for Inter coach Jose Mourinho and he admits Cristiano Ronaldo deserves the Golden Ball.

The Brazilian has had a turbulent few months as he was hampered with injury but he has made his return.

The playmaker has spoken of all things calcio, including his and Milan’s recent woes. Kaka has also revealed that he has taken to Jose Mourinho’s humorous style.

I like Mourinho a lot. I think his comments are hilarious and they always fill up the papers but they are never mean, they are funny,” Kaka told Il Giornale.

He is a great person and I like him and I think he is a great coach.

Me? It has been difficult recently because of injury and I missed the Olympics, World Cup qualifiers as well as some of the new season with Milan. It wasn’t easy but it’s ok.

Our early form hasn’t been good but we need to change a few things. We have to make some sacrifices and fight to get back to our best.

We seemed to have lost awareness when making mistakes but we have to find our identity again.”

The midfield magician also had a few words on Ronaldinho, and on Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

The best transfer? I think it was Ronaldinho. A lot of Italians wanted him in Serie A because he is great and to watch his skills,” added Kaka.

If I was to choose a winner for the Golden Ball it would be Cristiano Ronaldo. I think that he deserves it more than anyone else for what he has done.

Milan welcome Lazio to San Siro on Sunday night and they will be hoping to pick up their first Serie A points of the new season.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=873301
dst
“I like Mourinho a lot.”

Now Mourinho hates him... wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Kaka)
I think his comments are hilarious and they always fill up the papers but they are never mean, they are funny

Exactly what I said the other day! Mourinho is so amusing biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mourinho)
“They are both passionate about football, which is crucial for a Coach, but Moratti has been crazy about Inter for 63 years, whereas Roman is a Chelsea fan for only five.”

Plain truth. seriously, this guy doesn't always talk sh1t. you may hate Moratti, but there's no denying he really loves his team. Roman? I'd say it's a matter of time before he gets bored of Chelsea and finds a new 'hobby' for himself...
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 12:31 PM) *
Mourinho is so amusing

Unless the guy he's talking about turns out to be you. Then he's not so amusing! wink.gif
CrazyMilanFan
inter are 2-0 up while all the other games are still 0-0
dst
Gila again! biggrin.gif
CrazyMilanFan
yea voila 1-0 up and juve as well amauri scored for them
vahid
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 21 2008, 02:45 PM) *
Gila again! biggrin.gif

I want to kill Carletto!
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 21 2008, 06:45 PM) *
Gila again!

Portman
Sack Carlo, get Gila.
CrazyMilanFan
gila never worked for us and he was given number of chances at times he was our only stiker available and did nothing
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 21 2008, 04:10 PM) *
gila never worked for us and he was given number of chances at times he was our only stiker available and did nothing

He's being sarcastic.
Zed.D
Julio Cesar is one the 5 best 'keepers in the world, FACT biggrin.gif he's really on form. only concedes when the defenders are on holiday, actually.
Portman
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 04:00 PM) *
Julio Cesar is one the 5 best 'keepers in the world, FACT biggrin.gif he's really on form. only concedes when the defenders are on holiday, actually.

He made a absolutely brilliant save on the 2nd half.

Anyway 1-3 for Inter, Ibrahimovic scored and Adriano was probably the MOTM.
dst
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 21 2008, 05:10 PM) *

Nothing worked for us when Gila was here. And not because of him...
He would miss a chance and we were ready to cut his throat and we lost to Genoa why? Oh yeah we lost because we did not manage to score one of our 5-6 great chances...

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 06:00 PM) *

In my view Buffon, Casillas and Cesar are the three best goalies in Europe.

The rest are a level or more below.
Jack Sparrow
Agree about the goalkeepers. Though I think if you gave all three a Milan defence only Gigi would come off with any dignity intact.
kurtsimonw
Inter playing well, and Jose seems to have bought bacl the old Adriano.. not good for us.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 21 2008, 07:34 PM) *
He made a absolutely brilliant save on the 2nd half.

Anyway 1-3 for Inter, Ibrahimovic scored and Adriano was probably the MOTM.

Yeah I watched the game. a few stunning saves.

Brazilians ruled the day for 'Argentine' Inter! Manici and Maicon among the scorers. Adriano having a good day and Cesar denying Torino one or two goals. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 21 2008, 07:39 PM) *
Nothing worked for us when Gila was here. And not because of him...
He would miss a chance and we were ready to cut his throat and we lost to Genoa why? Oh yeah we lost because we did not manage to score one of our 5-6 great chances...

I wonder if things are working now... rolleyes.gif

In my view Buffon, Casillas and Cesar are the three best goalies in Europe.

+1

He was not an established 'keeper at all before he joined Inter. the same goes for Maicon and probably a few other...

I used to rate Cech highly but he's made too many mistakes in the past 12 months or so... like they say, he's never been the same after the head injury!
CrazyMilanFan
in form adriano and ibra simply the best partnership in europe let see how we manage to stop them without nesta
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 08:00 PM) *
Julio Cesar is one the 5 best 'keepers in the world, FACT he's really on form. only concedes when the defenders are on holiday, actually.

Funny. biggrin.gif I thought he was the top 3, based on current form.
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 21 2008, 07:48 PM) *
in form adriano and ibra simply the best partnership in europe let see how we manage to stop them without nesta

Manage to stop them without Nesta?? biggrin.gif I'm not sure if we an do that at all and I fear the outcome of the derby to be honest...

QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 21 2008, 07:53 PM) *
Funny. biggrin.gif I thought he was the top 3, based on current form.

Or that wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 08:34 PM) *
Manage to stop them without Nesta?? I'm not sure if we an do that at all and I fear the outcome of the derby to be honest...

Funny, I'm quite confident about it. If we lose, we lose because of our own making. If we win, that will end more than one winning streak. Besides, the first derby doesn't matter as severe as the second one, when both teams are finishing up on their league run. cool.gif We'll see.

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 08:34 PM) *
Or that

That'll do, zd. That'll do. laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 06:18 PM) *
I wonder if things are working now... rolleyes.gif

Hey, we're not in last place!
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 21 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Funny, I'm quite confident about it. If we lose, we lose because of our own making. If we win, that will end more than one winning streak. Besides, the first derby doesn't matter as severe as the second one, when both teams are finishing up on their league run. cool.gif We'll see.

You're confident about a win? unsure.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 21 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Hey, we're not in last place!

Don't worry, we'll be there tonight cool.gif
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 08:59 PM) *
You're confident about a win?

Yes. Anything can happen in football. wink.gif

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 08:59 PM) *
Don't worry, we'll be there tonight

That will be some fun, huh. In fact, I want to lose our first four matches, and then start winning from the derby, all the way to the league title. biggrin.gif The talent is there, it all comes down to the coach and his tactics, plus the team gelling together with one another. Which in our case hasn't happened yet.

But first three or four consecutive defeats will be something to write home about, huh? laugh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 21 2008, 07:34 PM) *
I want to lose our first four matches, and then start winning from the derby, all the way to the league title. biggrin.gif

I certainly wouldn't want that to happen. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 21 2008, 09:14 PM) *
I certainly wouldn't want that to happen.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif You don't want us to win the Scudetto? Oh, my! tongue.gif
Zed.D
Blog: The Odd Couple

Diego Maradona is expected to join Inter as a consultant, prompting James Horncastle to question the Italian champions’ judgement

I wonder if Inter President Massimo Moratti was reading Diego Maradona’s autobiography earlier this summer when he decided to invite the Argentine legend to talk about working for the Nerazzurri, possibly as a scout or consultant in South America.

In El Diego, Maradona discusses his time at Napoli and, ever the braggart, goes to great lengths to describe just how he helped the Partenopei win their only two Scudetti and much more. Those who think the Pibe de Oro’s powers were confined to the pitch are told, in no uncertain terms, to think again.

“These teams weren’t built by the directors, they were built by Maradona,” he explains. To illustrate his point, Maradona reveals just how inspirational he was in bringing Bruno Giordano to the club from Lazio in 1985. “The first time I saw Giordano I realised he was a player for us… And I confronted him: ‘Giordano, please, come play for us.’ And he said: ‘Whenever you like.’

“Lazio asked [Corrado] Ferlaino [Napoli’s President at the time] for $3m for Giordano, and the guy was crying all over me, saying he didn’t have the money. ‘Make the effort old man,’ I said to him.” And Maradona didn’t stop there. According to him, he also convinced Ferlaino to purchase Andrea Carnevale, Alessandro Renica and Claudio Garella, who would prove vital to Napoli’s success.

“I’d asked Ferlaino to buy Carnevale from Udinese and, since he knew by now that I never let him down when I got what I asked for, he bought him for me.” Quite the talent spotter our Diego, isn’t he, and a wheeler-dealer to boot. So is Moratti right to call Maradona aboard the Inter juggernaut?

Well, pen hasn’t been put to paper yet, but it appears to be quite a shrewd move on Moratti’s behalf, because Maradona looks as if he’ll be as influential as anybody in determining the future of Sergio “Kun” Aguero, the Atletico Madrid star, widely regarded as the best player in the world at the moment.

Aguero is expecting a baby by Maradona’s daughter whose name, Giannina, is written on his boots. Is it too far fetched to see Inter using Maradona to get the man they reportedly bid £20m for this summer?

Surely not as much as the theory peddled by Diego’s former teammate Salvatore Bagni who believes Inter are already thinking to the future and waiting to see if Sergio and Giannina’s child turns out to be a boy. What with genes from the Aguero and Maradona tribes, he’s bound to be a star!

It's obvious Inter want the best Argies and that's why they want to bring Maradona as he's like the most influential Argentine on Earth!

Sergio “Kun” Aguero, the Atletico Madrid star, widely regarded as the best player in the world at the moment.

laugh.gif
acid911
Sergio “Kun” Aguero, the Atletico Madrid star, widely regarded as the best player in the world at the moment.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif The question, friends and neighbors, is how many other people think this way? 2? 3? A dozen?
dst
I don't get what this guy wants to say here... it's like he's trying to blame Inter for something that in the same article he concludes will turn out good... what's wrong with this guy?

And Aguero is unarguably not among the very best players in the world right now, where did this come from? There's certainly something wrong with this guy!
Portman
Couldn't watch Milan match, they've only broadcasted Inter for obvious reasons.
It wasn't an easy task for them, specially because Lecce played with 8 defenders.

Inter finished the match with this attack, playing on a 3-2-5:

--------Adriano--Cruz--Ibrahimovic--------
Quaresma---------------------------Mancini

And that coming from a "ultra-defensive" coach like Mourinho... rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 24 2008, 11:29 PM) *
And that coming from a "ultra-defensive" coach like Mourinho... rolleyes.gif

And Milan beat Sampdoria 5-0 away playing with one forward so that means it's a great line-up...

Get over it, are you Mourinho or what?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 24 2008, 11:29 PM) *
Couldn't watch Milan match, they've only broadcasted Inter for obvious reasons.
It wasn't an easy task for them, specially because Lecce played with 8 defenders.

Funny over here they aired the Roma & Milan games only biggrin.gif

Anyways, I think Milito is really good, his composure in front of goal & his calmness before scoring that goal against Doni ... A really impressive move, both control & composure.

And about Roma .. Totti is not on form. His team need him more than Milan needs Kaka' right about now.
acid911
Final scores for today in Serie A! happy.gif

Atalanta 1 - 0 Cagliari
Bologna 0 - 3 Udinese
Chievo 1 - 1 Torino
Genoa 3 - 1 AS Roma
Inter Milan 1 - 0 Lecce
Juventus 1 - 1 Catania
Lazio 3 - 0 Fiorentina
Napoli 2 - 1 Palermo
Reggina 1 - 2 AC Milan
Siena 0 - 0 Sampdoria
kurtsimonw
Apparently Jose has been labelled disrespectful in Italy after he didn't attend his post-match press conference. He sent his #2 instead. I don't see the problem, Steve Clarke was his #2 at Chelsea, and it was Clarke that did all the post macth stuff. Not disrespectful at all!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 25 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Apparently Jose has been labelled disrespectful in Italy after he didn't attend his post-match press conference. He sent his #2 instead. I don't see the problem, Steve Clarke was his #2 at Chelsea, and it was Clarke that did all the post macth stuff. Not disrespectful at all!

I don't find it disrespectful myself but (while I have no idea how it stands in England) I know that in Italy it's like an unwritten law that the coach must be there...
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 25 2008, 04:58 PM) *
I don't find it disrespectful myself but (while I have no idea how it stands in England) I know that in Italy it's like an unwritten law that the coach must be there...

What the man said. I think it's common courtesy, like the players shaking hands. It's always been a tradition for the coaches to get together after the game and discuss their viewpoints. Like how chess players do so after the match is over.

Was he wrong, was he right? I mean it is a tradition, and it lasts for maybe half an hour to 45 minutes. I don't know what he stands to gain by skipping it. But whatever! I don't think he intended to disrespect anybody. But it's Italy and it's tradition so... rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Oh, managers always talk to each other for a few hours in the home managers office after matchdays over here, but the post-match conference is a bit pointless, just a way for the media to piss off the losing coach if you ask me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.