Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2009, 12:05 PM) *
Was I ever pleading for Billy to become Milan coach? C'mmon you do know me better then that! Here I am posting month after month possible solutions, always ending with the same sentence - not many good coaches are avaible and suitable, but yet again you imply I'd take Billy over Leo.

While in fact I would take Costacurta over Leonardo, but I wouldn't be satisfied either. You see, Billy has a coach license and he was a top-class defender. Two points that make him a bit above Leonardo.

I just asked a question. easy tiger!

--

Being a former defender doesn't necessarily mean one would make a better coach IMO... I'd love to see Billy as our coach one day too. above all his qualities, he's a charismatic figure, but that's IMO the only positive he has over Leonardo. remember his adventure with that Serie B team whose name I don't remember at the moment didn't go very well.

Leonardo is set to attend coaching course this month so let's not make a big thing out of this license thing!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 1 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Who's to say they are not? I don't evaluate the choices... but for the money we spent on Thiago he could very well be the best choice. I won't judge him before I see him play.

Oh you must judge him beforehand! he's Brazilian meaning he's automatically a ****** defender smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 03:31 AM) *
Oh you must judge him beforehand! he's Brazilian meaning he's automatically a ****** defender smile.gif

wink.gif
Tennie
Couple of notes on Serie A stuff.

I think Genoa definitely got the better of the deal - sure, Milito is a good striker, but he is rather injury prone. Genoa get Acquafresca (who I rate highly) and Crespo and at last report half of Quaresma.

Quagliarella is going to Napoli.

Diego had his medical in Torino so he's definitely going Gobbi. As for them, the big speculation is really over who the new coach will be. I think the current speculation is leaning toward Ciro Ferrara keeping the job, but it's a bit of a moving target. The other main candidate is Antonio Conte, currently coach of Bari. Both he and Ferrara are former Gobbi legends.
MizNelson
According to Channel 4, none other than Angelo Peruzzi could be Ferrara's right-hand man next season if Ferrara stays on as coach.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun04e.html
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2009, 04:14 PM) *
1. Inter
2. Juve
3. Milan
4. Roma

noway! if we are at full fitness the whole way we can win the scudetto

Well, I'm hardly miles off with this prediction am I? Considering this prediction was made last May, before any transfers, I'd say I haven't done too badly!

QUOTE ( @ May 12 2009, 06:01 AM) *
Whatcho talking about? Except for Inter, you've got everything else wrong.

You were saying? tongue.gif

I really am scared for the team next season, without Kaka'.. I'm predicting fighting for CL football, not the title.
Ry4n
Hey guys & girls im trying to find that link ( Italian wants to buy Milan) i think its from Goal.com but i can't find it , never got to read it fully can someone link it to me plz biggrin.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Channel 4)
Ibra keeps future to himself
Thursday 11 June, 2009
Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic knows where he will be playing next season, but is keeping that information to himself.

The 27-year-old Sweden international striker is being strongly linked with a move to European champions Barcelona.

He no longer feels Inter can help him realise his objectives, which include winning the Champions League and the Ballon d'Or.

Talk about looking for the easy way out. What a riot.

If Ibra weren't such a persistent choker in Europe, those problems probably would've already solved themselves. I can't remember the last time the Ballon d'Or was won on just league play alone.
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 11 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Talk about looking for the easy way out. What a riot.

If Ibra weren't such a persistent choker in Europe, those problems probably would've already solved themselves. I can't remember the last time the Ballon d'Or was won on just league play alone.

Sheva - 2004/2005
MizNelson
QUOTE (Ch. 4)
Buffon: Transfer fees 'inconsiderate'
Saturday 13 June, 2009
Gianluigi Buffon is the most expensive goalkeeper in history, but even he feels “uncomfortable” with the sums Real Madrid are shelling out.

The world transfer record was shattered twice in one week when the Spaniards paid £60m for Kaka and £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo.

“We need to stop this endless rush towards multi-million pound spending in football,” slammed the Juventus goalkeeper.

“When Juve paid £30m for me in 2001, there was an era of plenty, but now there is a global financial crisis. Circumstances have changed.

“Football is played on a Sunday, then over the rest of the week you walk around and see the difficulties people are having.

“I confess in those circumstances I feel uncomfortable. One needs a bit of morality in everything, but sums like that are inconsiderate.”

AMEN!
TriniKing_CE
smile.gif Humble thing to say, though it won't change much. sad.gif
dst
It's a free market and humans are not exactly the moral kind.
Locke Lamora
Juve sell Mellberg Friday 19 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olof Mellberg will be playing for Olympiakos next season as Juventus have agreed a £2m transfer fee with the Greeks.

The Swede only spent 12 months in Turin following his move from Aston Villa. Despite an overall good season, the Bianconeri decided to cash in on him for several reasons.

Mellberg is 32-year-old and would have been relegated to the bench next season considering that Juve have signed Fabio Cannavaro. Also this transfer allows the Old Lady to make a clear profit since the Swede joined them for free last term.

The defender made 27 appearances in Bianconero colours, scoring two goals, and earning himself the appreciation of the fans, who will be sad to see him leaving the Olimpico.

Another player on his way out of the club is Tiago Mendes although Juve claim he is still part of their plans. Reports suggested Alessio Secco had offered Tiago’s services to Atletico Madrid but a note from the club denies such rumours.

“These rumours are absolutely false,” stated Juventus.

“The Portuguese midfielder is part of our project and will be a member of our team next season. He is not on the market.”

channel 4

Now that's what I call a career nosedive.
My sympathies to dst aswell, who will have to put up with another Swede in his native country.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 19 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Now that's what I call a career nosedive.
My sympathies to dst aswell, who will have to put up with another Swede in his native country.

My only sympathy towards the Greeks is that they'll all look so un-awesome in comparison to the Viking legend.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 20 2009, 05:24 PM) *
My only sympathy towards the Greeks is that they'll all look so un-awesome in comparison to the Viking legend.

biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 20 2009, 08:24 AM) *

should not have left villa lols
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 21 2009, 08:08 AM) *
should not have left villa lols

He shouldn't have, but he wanted to play in the Champions League so I don't blame him really. He'll be back in one way or another.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2009, 02:54 AM) *
He shouldn't have, but he wanted to play in the Champions League so I don't blame him really. He'll be back in one way or another.

maybe with mellberg, villa could have gotten 4th and put the stingy voyeur in uefa cup laugh.gif He seems fit for that competition with his stingyness.
Ry4n

Juve to play part-timers

Juventus are to play England's Northern league outfit West Auckland in a rerun of the first World Cup. The part-timers of the Durham mining town will play the Bianconeri in Turin on August 1 in a pre-season friendly. In 1912 the second version of the Sir Thomas Lipton trophy, widely acknowledged as the forerunner to the Jules Rimet trophy, was played in Turin itself, as West Auckland hammered Juventus 6-1 in the final. “The FA is delighted to support West Auckland's return to Turin,” said FA Chairman Lord Triesman. “It's so important they are able to celebrate the 100th anniversary of their famous match with Juventus. This is a wonderful story and it's only right that they will be in Italy to commemorate the remarkable achievement of winning the Sir Thomas Lipton trophy.” Other pre-season friendlies for West Auckland include trips to Crook, Willington, Darlington RA and Coxhoe.
Tennie
So the gobbi played a friendly versus Vicenza today (game ended in a 1-1 draw). Unfortunately for them, they played most of the game with 10 guys after Amauri got sent off for punching a Vicenza player early in the first half.

New gobbi coach Ciro Ferrara (who Fishdoll rather likes) was Not Pleased.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 22 2009, 02:20 AM) *
So the gobbi played a friendly versus Vicenza today (game ended in a 1-1 draw). Unfortunately for them, they played most of the game with 10 guys after Amauri got sent off for punching a Vicenza player early in the first half.

Look who's here!
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 21 2009, 11:50 PM) *

Amauri is an ******* never liked him and I'm glad Juve beat us to him last summer. He suites the Gobbi well, but had he joined Inter it would have been the fairytale marraige wub.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 21 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Look who's here!

Fishdoll awwwwwww! Hello to Essie and +1 cookie to him!
Tennie
The Menarini family have sold Bologna FC to Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci.
Jack Sparrow
Are these the first foreign owners in Italian league football?
Tennie
I think they are, Jack.

And it looks as if AS Bari (who were only just promoted to Serie A) are about to be sold to a Milanese consortium (much to the relief of the CRA who hate the current owners). Deal should be closed in a couple of days.
Tennie
Fishdoll adds proudly that he now has his Very Own Bari scarf, kindly sent to him by the CRA chapter in Bari. smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 24 2009, 07:10 AM) *
The Menarini family have sold Bologna FC to Albanian oil tycoon Rezart Taci.

LOL! the fun is just about to start. Wonderful, now silvio its your turn. Lets call the sheiks.
Tennie
FYI, the fixture lists for next season will be announced on Wednesday (in two days from today). For those who get it, the whole thing will be broadcast live on RAI 2.
Tennie
Here's Channel 4's explanation of how the Serie A fixtures will be organized:

The Serie A fixtures will be drawn up on Wednesday evening, though there will be some substantial changes to the schedule.

Starting from 17.00 UK time tomorrow, the Lega Calcio will pick the fixtures for the 2009-10 campaign, which kicks off on August 22.

As with last season, Saturday’s will see a game at 17.00 UK time, but another at 19.45 rather than 19.30.

The Sunday evening kick-off will also be at 19.45 UK time and the remaining matches are all at 14.00.

There will be several midweek rounds for international duty and these will be on a Wednesday evening at 19.45.

However, to accommodate television channels, there will also be one Thursday night match during these midweek rounds.

The dates in question are September 23, October 28 and March 24.

As is traditional in Italy, all the games will be played on January 6 to mark La Befana, similar to the British Boxing Day fixtures.

In this case one will start at 11.30 UK time, another at 19.45 and the rest at 14.00.

There is another change to the system, as the Lega Calcio confirmed that from the knockout round onwards all clubs competing in Europe can request their Serie A game be brought forward to the Saturday.

Up until now, that only applied to teams that were going to play on the Tuesday.

Serie B also undergoes some changes, as the majority of games will now kick off at 14.30 UK time rather than 15.00.

There will still be a Friday and Monday evening match each week, both starting at 19.45.

A couple of other things they didn't mention include:

* Derbies will NOT be played midweek
* For clubs that share stadiums (ie, in Milan, Genoa, and Rome), the team that opened with a home game last year will open with an away game (so we know Milan will start away)
* There's going to be no 'break in' period for big fixtures -- so there could be a derby or something like Milan-Juve in round 1
* Teams won't repeat the first fixture of the last two years in the first fixture of this year (so we know it won't be Fiorentina-Milan or Genoa-Milan in round 1)
* You won't face the same team on the same matchday as last year (so it wont' be Bologna-Milan on round 1)
Tennie
(getting this off tickers on a couple of different sites, will edit and update when more info is available

Matchday1:
Inter-Bari, Juve-Chievo, Genoa-Roma, Palermo-Napoli, Siena-Milan, Udinese-Parma, Bologna-Fiorentina, Catania-Sampdoria

Matchday2: (partial) Milan-Inter, Roma-Juventus

Matchday 8: (partial) Milan-Roma, Genoa-Inter, Juventus-Fiorentina.

Matchday 15: (partial) Juventus-Inter, Roma-Lazio.

Mathdcay 19: (partial) Juventus-Milan

EDIT:

Here's Milan's full schedule:

1' giornata - 23 Agosto: SIENA-MILAN
2' giornata - 30 Agosto: MILAN-INTER
Domenica 6 Settembre - 1' Sosta Qualificazioni Mondiali 2010
3' giornata - 13 Settembre: LIVORNO-MILAN
15-16 Settembre - 1' Turno Fase a Gruppi Champions League 2009/2010
4' giornata - 20 Settembre: MILAN-BOLOGNA
5' giornata - 23 Settembre (1' turno infrasettimanale): UDINESE-MILAN
6' giornata - 27 Settembre: MILAN-BARI
29-30 Settembre - 2' Turno Fase a Gruppi Champions League 2009/2010
7' giornata - 4 Ottobre: ATALANTA-MILAN
Domenica 11 Ottobre - 2' Sosta Qualificazioni Mondiali 2010
8' giornata - 18 Ottobre: MILAN-ROMA
20-21 Ottobre - 3' Turno Fase a Gruppi Champions League 2009/2010
9' giornata - 25 Ottobre: CHIEVO-MILAN
10' giornata - 28 Ottobre (2' turno infrasettimanale): NAPOLI-MILAN
11' giornata - 1 Novembre: MILAN-PARMA
3-4 Novembre - 4' Turno Fase a Gruppi Champions League 2009/2010
12' giornata - 8 Novembre: LAZIO-MILAN
Domenica 15 Novembre - 3' Sosta Qualificazioni Mondiali 2010
13' giornata - 22 Novembre: MILAN-CAGLIARI
24-25 Novembre - 5' Turno Fase a Gruppi Champions League 2009/2010
14' giornata - 29 Novembre: CATANIA-MILAN
15' giornata - 6 Dicembre: MILAN-SAMPDORIA
8-9 Dicembre - 6' Turno Fase a Gruppi Champions League 2009/2010
16' giornata - 13 Dicembre: MILAN-PALERMO
17' giornata - 20 Dicembre: FIORENTINA-MILAN
Domenica 27 Dicembre e Domenica 3 Gennaio - Pausa Natalizia
18' giornata - 6 Gennaio 2010 (3' turno infrasettimanale): MILAN-GENOA
19' giornata - 10 Gennaio 2010: JUVENTUS-MILAN

EDIT: And heres a link to the lega calcio pretty graphic version. link
CrazyMilanFan
2nd match day derby intersting
han2503
Wow strange matchday for the derby
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 29 2009, 10:57 AM) *
Wow strange matchday for the derby

Yeah getting owned in august sounds wonderful wink.gif can't wait
CrazyMilanFan
derby being so early mite not have that much of an effect on the title race the second one mite (only if somehow we will be in the race)
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 29 2009, 12:10 PM) *
2nd match day derby intersting

Horrible timing really when you think about it.
We look horrible at present - especially judging on our most recent meeting in US.

Okay, but then you might say - It could be a different story if we sign a few good players before the season starts.
I'm also thinking it could take them a while to settle in, anyway, we'll see.
I'm not saying we definitely will not will the derby because it is early, I'm just saying I think it would have played more into our favor had it been a later matchday.

Oh well can't change it - Time to get ready for battle early now. warriorsmiley.gif
dst
I can't wait. It's interesting playing Juventus in the very last match day, that's probably going to be a title-decider for Juve at least.

big thanks Tennie!
kurtsimonw
I hope to God the last game of the season is meaningless for us, not exactly a team you want to play if it's important.
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 29 2009, 08:47 PM) *
derby being so early mite not have that much of an effect on the title race the second one mite (only if somehow we will be in the race)

+1

I think to win the title a team needs to win against smaller sides not necessarily against the top 3 Inters and Juves.
I hope to God the last game of the season is meaningless for us, not exactly a team you want to play if it's important.

Exactly, that title decider loss against Juve a couple of seasons ago still hurts...
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 29 2009, 09:08 PM) *
I think to win the title a team needs to win against smaller sides

Mainly, for sure that's where it's decided most of the time. I think we'll do well against the smaller sides this season but we'll probably not win any of the four games against Juventus and Inter. Though anything can happen in those matches.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 29 2009, 02:08 PM) *
Exactly, that title decider loss against Juve a couple of seasons ago still hurts...

+1 - Twas Brutal
Fillipo Simone
I never understood that "if you want to win the title you have to win against the small teams" thing. To me, it's like someone says...to keep a clean sheet you have to put a goalkeeper on goal. I mean..yes...normally. Because Serie A is constituted of mostly "smaller" teams it is logicall that the one that beats them wins or is in advatage.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2009, 01:12 PM) *
I never understood that "if you want to win the title you have to win against the small teams" thing. To me, it's like someone says...to keep a clean sheet you have to put a goalkeeper on goal. I mean..yes...normally. Because Serie A is constituted of mostly "smaller" teams it is logicall that the one that beats them wins or is in advatage.

Its because everyone obsesses over the big games against Juve, Inter and Roma when in reality you don't win the league because you get those 18 points.

I know its obvious but a lot base things around the big matches, as if losing against Inter will do anything to your title hopes if you're winning against the smaller teams. Most of the big games are more about bragging right more then anything else
kurtsimonw
I think it's just that the big games will always be tough, so dropping points in these is not exactly unexpected. Losing points against small teams is unexpected though and they really will ruin your season.

If we won every game, but then lost to Juve and Inter home and away, we'd still win the league.
TriniKing_CE
Basically what han & Kurt said - because they are more 'smaller' teams than 'big' teams.
Hence more points can be accrued against 'smaller' teams than 'bigger' ones.
Suhail 3

against moggi yeah i agree
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 1 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Its because everyone obsesses over the big games against Juve, Inter and Roma when in reality you don't win the league because you get those 18 points.

I know its obvious but a lot base things around the big matches, as if losing against Inter will do anything to your title hopes if you're winning against the smaller teams. Most of the big games are more about bragging right more then anything else

Of course we should not forget the psychologicall momentum a derby match provides for future games. But yes, we agree.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.