Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 31 2008, 01:43 AM) *
Trying to play attacking football is one thing, not bothering to play attacking football is another thing. you're confusing these two. Inter dropped points because they couldn't score goals. Mourinho tried 4-3-3 in both games so you can't say he didn't want to attack (unlike Carlo who clearly opts for defensive formations).

And how do you know Inter were 'boring'? did you watch these two games? again, not being able to score goals is one thing, playing boring football is another! I think you're confusing this too. I don't say Inter play like Barcelona, but I haven't found them 'boring' in those couple of games I have seen from them so far. neither did I find Chelsea boring when he was there. if anything, I remember great games like their ties with Barca, especially that 4-2 victory at the Stamford Bridge [3 goals in around 20 minutes].

You did not get what I'm saying. I do NOT say Inter were defensive, boring or whatever. I say nothing, that's my point. On the other hand you are the one that hinted on this matter based on one game.

I think Mou's Chelsea was boring and I don't expect you to agree, it's just a matter of perspective.

In my opinion your statement is not only unbalanced because it's based on one game (I could mention Lazio 1-5 Milan, Samp 0-5 Milan and argue that Ancelotti plays attacking football. Whether he does play that style or not - he does not of course - I cannot base my judgement on a limited number of game results) but I (and whoever else it was probably) never said anything like "Inter are going to be defensive because Chelsea was". It's something said about what has already happened and it's not related to the future.
Tennie
I don't like the cugini and I especially don't like their coach.

That said, I think the problem is that Mourinho is trying to impose a 4-3-3 lineup on a squad that isn't really suited for it. The 4-3-3 would work better if the cugini had a true #10 player and they don't. I'm watching a replay of Fiorentina-cugini right now (Rosetti was the referee for this one, zd!) and the two forward wingers don't combine well with the midfield or, particularly, with Ibrahimovic. Ibrahimovic (don't like him either) is a very good striker but he can't be expected to carry it all himself especially when service isn't spectacular. For what it's worth, I think the cugini would be more effective with something more like a 4-4-2 (or 4-3-1-2).
Zed.D
Juve's new stadium is gonna look like this: http://studiogau.it/gallery/cat0120/index.html

It's simple, not special like Valencia's New Mestalla, but I think it will have a great atmosphere. because, considering it's rather small (~41,000-seater), the stands will be vert close to the pitch, giving the games that special atmosphere that you see in English stadiums, but not in most Italian ones as they're mostly multi-use/Olympic stadiums.

Hopefully this will wake up the rest of Italy as the situation of Italian stadiums is embarrassing to say the least...
Tennie
Anything's better than the Delle Alpi - that's a horrible place in a really yucky neighborhood. The old Communale (now known as the Olimpico) where they're currently playing is actually a pretty fun stadium as such places go. Not terribly large, but a good environment and it's a nice place to go for games.
dst
I like Giuve's new one. When is it scheduled to be finished?
Diavolo
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 25 2008, 11:52 AM) *
(Isn't San Siro a 85,000 seater stadium?)

From this year not any more. During the summer they changed all the seats in the stadium and they made some adjustments, so the capacity was reduced for around 3500 seats.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 31 2008, 01:45 AM) *
You did not get what I'm saying. I do NOT say Inter were defensive, boring or whatever. I say nothing, that's my point. On the other hand you are the one that hinted on this matter based on one game.

I think Mou's Chelsea was boring and I don't expect you to agree, it's just a matter of perspective.

In my opinion your statement is not only unbalanced because it's based on one game (I could mention Lazio 1-5 Milan, Samp 0-5 Milan and argue that Ancelotti plays attacking football. Whether he does play that style or not - he does not of course - I cannot base my judgement on a limited number of game results) but I (and whoever else it was probably) never said anything like "Inter are going to be defensive because Chelsea was". It's something said about what has already happened and it's not related to the future.

Yeah you're right. I shouldn't have made that post ["here's defensive/boring Mourinho for you"] based on a few games even if that's what I believed and still believe.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 01:54 AM) *
(Rosetti was the referee for this one, zd!)

laugh.gif OK!!

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 31 2008, 03:41 AM) *
I like Giuve's new one. When is it scheduled to be finished?

Juve? unsure.gif if so, it will be ready for the 2011-2012 season as far as I know.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 02:14 AM) *
Anything's better than the Delle Alpi - that's a horrible place in a really yucky neighborhood. The old Communale (now known as the Olimpico) where they're currently playing is actually a pretty fun stadium as such places go. Not terribly large, but a good environment and it's a nice place to go for games.

I think Juve's new stadium is built exactly at the same place as Delle Alpi was!

The Olimpico is a cool stadium. I like it. the only problem is it's awfully small. 27,000, even for Juve, is a joke.

QUOTE (Diavolo @ Oct 31 2008, 04:27 AM) *
From this year not any more. During the summer they changed all the seats in the stadium and they made some adjustments, so the capacity was reduced for around 3500 seats.

Ah... thanks for that. I didn't know it.

I hope we always stay as San Siro, but it really needs to be restructured and modernized. it looks pretty old compared to some of the other big clubs' stadiums. for example the varied stands is something that I don't think looks good at all [especially when the stadium is half empty!]. hope they change the color of all the seats to red, or blue.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 31 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Ah... thanks for that. I didn't know it.

Yup. New capacity is 82,955. sad.gif Me don't like. I want it to be over 100,000. Or build a CL-like dome shaped stadium that houses tens of millions! Yeah, I know. I'm greedy with these sorts of things.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 31 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Yup. New capacity is 82,955. sad.gif Me don't like. I want it to be over 100,000. Or build a CL-like dome shaped stadium that houses tens of millions! Yeah, I know. I'm greedy with these sorts of things.

Why? don't you see San Siro isn't filled most of times? wink.gif 82k is more than enough...
Tennie
Hah. No wonder the cugini want to move; they can barely fill 40K seats. Milan at leat are averaging 65K.

As for Juve and attendance, they've always suffered a bit from MU-Syndrome: namely, they've got more fans in the rest of Italy than they actually do in Turin. They don't fill the Olimpico at this point.
acid911
Exactly, Tennie. smile.gif Manchester City has more fans in Manchester, and likewise Torino has more supporters in the city of Turin itself. I wonder if there's some sort of a relation here, with both big clubs (Juve and Man U) sort of suffering from superiority complex.
Tennie
I wonder who hexed AS Roma.

Francesco Totti is injured again and is definitely out of Roma's game with Juve this weekend.
Zed.D
Not sure if anyone's posted this before, Calcio Italia's top 30 stranieri.

#30 - #25

#24 - #19

#18 - #13

#12 - #7

#6 - #2

acid911
Stranieri, as in foreign players? huh.gif I've just started learning Italian, but I sure hope so, because any list of top players that doesn't have Baggio and Maldini at the very top gives me a sinking feeling.

Good share though, zd, I'm sure it's not been posted before. king.gif Top post.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2008, 01:30 AM) *
Stranieri, as in foreign players? huh.gif I've just started learning Italian, but I sure hope so, because any list of top players that doesn't have Baggio and Maldini at the very top gives me a sinking feeling.

Good share though, zd, I'm sure it's not been posted before. king.gif Top post.

Yeah, foreign players. no Maldini or Baggio.

I only have one problem with the list and that is the inclusion of Nakata!! I'm not sure if he deserves to be among such high profile names! the list includes mostly retired players [except for Zanetti and Sheva] otherwise Kaka would have deserved to be there ahead of Nakata, without a doubt.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 1 2008, 02:25 AM) *
Yeah, foreign players. no Maldini or Baggio.

I only have one problem with the list and that is the inclusion of Nakata!! I'm not sure if he deserves to be among such high profile names! the list includes mostly retired players [except for Zanetti and Sheva] otherwise Kaka would have deserved to be there ahead of Nakata, without a doubt.

Yeah, just dawned upon me, no Kaka on the list. dry.gif Still they think he's not a legend, yet? Well he is.
Fillipo Simone
It's more of a retro list. But I agree, Nakata's placing is rather doubtfull. John Charles got a pretty (too) high rating. I still miss some names - like Rijkaard, Veron, Aldair, Crespo, Ray Wilkins,.. but there'll always be some of them missing.

Did anyone notice who jumps off the rest? Poor Ronaldo - only player with just one title - UEFA cup. Inter was such a bad choice for such a great player. If only Ronaldo was the one leading Inter to their recent successes, not Ibrahimovic. And yes, his "cameo" came too late.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 1 2008, 05:38 AM) *
Did anyone notice who jumps off the rest? Poor Ronaldo - only player with just one title - UEFA cup. Inter was such a bad choice for such a great player. If only Ronaldo was the one leading Inter to their recent successes, not Ibrahimovic. And yes, his "cameo" came too late.

So very true. sad.gif My only gripe with R99's career are his injuries and his choice of the blue part of Milan.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 10:43 AM) *
I wonder who hexed AS Roma.

Francesco Totti is injured again and is definitely out of Roma's game with Juve this weekend.

huh.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif .....Sucks to be them right about now!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2008, 03:02 AM) *
So very true. sad.gif My only gripe with R99's career are his injuries and his choice of the blue part of Milan.

The other player I'm sorry off from that list is George Weah - if it's one thing Milan provided to their loyal players is (more or less) constant success in European cups. It is most unusual how Weah managed to evade at least one such title. He was very unfortunate I belive...
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 1 2008, 01:50 PM) *
The other player I'm sorry off from that list is George Weah - if it's one thing Milan provided to their loyal players is (more or less) constant success in European cups. It is most unusual how Weah managed to evade at least one such title. He was very unfortunate I belive...

Right again. mellow.gif The best player never to play in a World Cup: George Weah! He just couldn't get his NT team qualified in any of the World Cups, alone, the immense player he was. Too bad he played for us in our wilderness period from 1995-2000.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2008, 02:01 AM) *
Yeah, just dawned upon me, no Kaka on the list. dry.gif Still they think he's not a legend, yet? Well he is.

I think because Kaka is just half way through his career. he could continue playing for Milan another 6 years and win a lot of more titles and become an even bigger figure at Milan, or do a Sheva and leave Serie A for the EPL or La Liga which in that case he won't be honored in such lists!
Darunia
Reggina 2-2 Inter

55' min, Reggina come back from 2-0
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ Nov 1 2008, 09:15 PM) *
Reggina 2-2 Inter

55' min, Reggina come back from 2-0

Comeon !!! devil.gif

Locke Lamora
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2008, 09:59 AM) *
Right again. mellow.gif The best player never to play in a World Cup: George Weah! He just couldn't get his NT team qualified in any of the World Cups, alone, the immense player he was. Too bad he played for us in our wilderness period from 1995-2000.

Didn't Milan win Serie A in 99?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 1 2008, 08:32 PM) *

Indeed. We were talking about Euro-cups...
Zed.D
Hold on Reggina, HOLD ON!!!
Darunia
Cordoba scores in injury time.. heartboken sleep.gif
vahid
sh!t.Cordoba has just scored dry.gif
Zed.D

2-3 Cordoba
Rossoneri7
SOAB !! Cordobain the 90th min gives la merda the 3 points dry.gif
Ry4n
one word S*** and realmad.gif
Zed.D
They still made Inter look like shite smile.gif drawing 2-2 until the 90 and something-th minute!
Ry4n
im feeling very sorry for Reggina right now poor guys sad.gif
vahid
Maicon,Cordoba and Vieira were the scorers.2 defenders and 1 DM!
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Nov 1 2008, 11:32 PM) *

What Fillipo said. smile.gif In fact, it was that bad that we once finished 11th and failed to qualify for CL on numerous occasions. That was in and around the time Baresi and several other top players retired. Things were so bad we even did a failed experiment with Fatih Terim (the wiley old Turkey coach in the recent Euros) in 2001. Failed immensely, soon after Carlo signed up and has been with us since.

All said and done, the less I talk about that time the better. sad.gif Fans in San Siro used to jeer the team and more importantly Milan icons like Paolo, Billy and company in the 90s. Like I said it was pure wilderness. Luckily, things improved, and that's one reason I can't hate Carlo completely even if my life depended on it. Granted, he's pulled off some weird shticks, but we've had more than ample amount of success with him at the helm. George Weah, well he was plain unlucky with us in Europe.
Tennie
swear1.gif swear1.gif swear1.gif swear1.gif swear1.gif NO COOKIES for Cordoba!
dst
You jinxed it! mad.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2008, 11:50 PM) *
SOAB !! Cordobain the 90th min gives la merda the 3 points

Theoretically speaking, inter should be the least of our worries. wink.gif As long as we keep on winning our vital and not so vital clashes we should be fine. On paper we have a better team than them (more match winners), but it's the injuries to our players (and age) that makes it a level playing field.

Will I take inter dropping points? Yes, certainly every other Sunday. But still, as long as we win against Napoli all should be well in the world of AC Milan. smile.gif Hopefully the lads are aware of the six-pointer tomorrow, and more importantly, prepared to go up against SSC Napoli.
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 1 2008, 09:06 PM) *
Theoretically speaking, inter should be the least of our worries. wink.gif As long as we keep on winning our vital and not so vital clashes we should be fine.

That's what we should do but Inter have done better than us in the league so far if you take out the derby points. And championships are not won in derbies, championships are won against the other 16 teams of the table...

PS Damn you Cordoba! dry.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2008, 02:50 PM) *
SOAB !! Cordobain the 90th min gives la merda the 3 points dry.gif

MuthaFvka! mad.gif sad.gif
Zed.D
Juve 1-0 Roma. 40th minute.

Del Piero with an AMAZING FK.
han2503
I sense another @ss whooping for Roma. 2-0 now. Guess it wasn't Inter's greatness that won that match but rather Roma's mediocrity that lost it
Tennie
Well, it's a sad thing to see really. It's Juve vs. Doni and De Rossi. The other 9 guys in Roma jerseys are doing...nothing.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 1 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Well, it's a sad thing to see really. It's Juve vs. Doni and De Rossi. The other 9 guys in Roma jerseys are doing...nothing.

I still don't understand how the Roma of last season who took Inter to the wire concerning the title have declined so rapidly over the course of a couple of months.

Yes they lost a couple of players during the summer (mainly Mancini who personlly I don't rate so highly) but I didn't think that could result into this mess called Roma that we are seeing before us today.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 1 2008, 10:35 PM) *
Guess it wasn't Inter's greatness that won that match but rather Roma's mediocrity that lost it

Well Roma are in a bad state but it does take class to beat them 4-0 in Rome.

They could have taken the lead in this game.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 1 2008, 11:00 PM) *
I still don't understand how the Roma of last season who took Inter to the wire concerning the title have declined so rapidly over the course of a couple of months.

Yes they lost a couple of players during the summer (mainly Mancini who personlly I don't rate so highly) but I didn't think that could result into this mess called Roma that we are seeing before us today.

Mancini was not such a vital member for them. Totti is but they should be doing much better with him anyway... I think it has cost them to lose two titles in a row when they were so close. Do not forget they were champions for an hour last season... their players are not experienced enough to deal with this loss quickly.

It still is boggling me though...
Jack Sparrow
Well there are complaints that Spalletti has been ever more stubborn than Carletto when it comes to his preferred formation, and that he's been figured out.

But I think it's the same problem that plagued us. Too many of the first squad out of form all at the same time, key players injured and no depth to carry them through. CL really looks out of the question for them, and the trouble is unlike us, their finances might not be able to take the hit!! sad.gif
dst
They don't have any forwards. They had to splash the money for Vucinic and they did not buy anyone else. Without Totti they have no one. Mancini was the only other purely creative player they had.

If they don't make the CL spots they will be forced to sell. And "forced" means they won't be in a position to ask for much... I'd certainly welcome Mexes and/or Aquilani.
Jack Sparrow
They bought Baptista and Riise...both of whom have kinda flopped.
Portman
That Del Piero's FK... geez. Simply outstanding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.