Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Zed.D
1-1 Grygera. the result han wanted. but I hope for a Juve winner
Zed.D
FT. 1-1

Not a bad result at all, neither for Inter nor for Milan and Juve!
dst
Santon really is not all that special in my opinion.
Balotelli is very talented... but I've seen quite a few youngsters throw away their career with such an attitude.

Anyway... only time will tell.
MizNelson
Balotelli is an @ss.

Now watch Torino park the hell out of the bus tomorrow so we can't tie Juve for second.
Zed.D
Santon may or may not be that special, only time will tell, but I think he will definitely be a future Azzurri player, especially if he chooses to play on the left.
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 18 2009, 11:59 PM) *
Balotelli is an @ss.

Balotelli's attitude really truly sucks, but he's awfully talented... I hope he changes his attitude because Italy need such a player. hope he learns from Cassano's mistakes.
aLbErTo
best possible results for milan today...we can reach juve and run from genoa, nice...now it's all on us, i really hope we win tomorrow
Locke Lamora

The Pell has done it again. Siena 0-2 Pellissier.
Tennie
I was actually not at the computer when the morning games were being played but did watch them.

Couple of surprises in the results:

Udinese 3-1 Fiorentina
Catania 2-1 Sampdoria
Atalanta 0-1 Reggina

And the CRA flick their feathers. The Donkeys aren't keeping up! Bari won 3-0 yesterday but Chievo only won 2-0 (over Siena).
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 19 2009, 07:27 PM) *
I was actually not at the computer when the morning games were being played but did watch them.

Couple of surprises in the results:

Udinese 3-1 Fiorentina
Catania 2-1 Sampdoria
Atalanta 0-1 Reggina

And the CRA flick their feathers. The Donkeys aren't keeping up! Bari won 3-0 yesterday but Chievo only won 2-0 (over Siena).

The CRA can ruffle their flu-infected feathers all they like, the Donkey Brigade couldn't care less about what happens in the murky abyss of Serie B, our mind is set on Serie A, where we are set to remain for another season seeing as Bologna and Lecce lost today and Torino hopefullycrash and burn tonight.
Jack Sparrow
Wow @ Catania. Really happy for them.
aLbErTo
i think atalanta sold their match smile.gif) we'll see how reggina goes from now on...
Tennie
I'm not sure how many of you watched Juve-Inter on Saturday, but I was able to watch parts of it on replay on last night's Domenica Sportiva. There were very audible racist chants directed at Balotelli at several points.

Moratti said that if he'd been at the game he'd have pulled the squad. For once, I actually agree with him. The stadium announcer said nothing throughout the game to try to calm people down/stop the chanting. Juve have come out with a statement despising the actions of the fans, but I doubt that'll be enough.

At this point, Juve are likely to face charges from the Lega and from the federal sporting justice folks. (Sentence could include closure of the stadium, fine, points deduction, etc).

Frankly, I hope both groups throw the book at them. I don't like Balotelli as a player but some things are just not acceptable for any reason.
dst
That's so annoying.
aLbErTo
i don't understand them, first of all they also have a black player in the squad, how for god sakes people still make differences, "that" was decades ago, and even then it wasnt right...i hate to see that on stadiums, it really annoys me
Habitant
buve fans at their best
Tennie
That was fast. The Lega sporting justice guys met today and decided that Juve's next home game will be behind closed doors. The FIGC (the Italian FA) and CONI (the olympic committee but also the highest sporting body in Italy) have yet to take action but may well do so as well.
whoarethepatriots
Throwing abuse is Balotelli is fair play especially when he acts arrogant

Racist abuse is not tolerable.

Have Milan fans ever chanted racist stuff before? i dont recall so in the last 5-6 years or so
Tennie
I don't recall it if they did, whoarethepatriots.

If you watch a replay of the game, you can clearly hear it even with the tv sound. it's shocking and shameful.
Fillipo Simone
No, I don't think so. We never had does issues and were one of the first top italian side with a mulit-racial squad.
aLbErTo
we even have more then 1 black player smile.gif heheh, just kidding...i also don't remember any rasizm from our fans (yet, cause you just need 1 jack@ss), thank god
dst
The only people I'm "racist" against are the lazy ones...

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 20 2009, 10:05 PM) *
If you watch a replay of the game, you can clearly hear it even with the tv sound. it's shocking and shameful.

I was watching the game in bits while reading a newspaper but did not notice anything. What was it that they were saying?

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 20 2009, 10:58 PM) *
No, I don't think so. We never had does issues and were one of the first top italian side with a mulit-racial squad.

Is 'does' slang for 'those' cause I see it often in your posts!? huh.gif
Tennie
Monkey chants, dst. Lots of them. By quite a lot more than just 'a few isolated individuals'. Sounded like it was 3/4 of the stadium.
Tennie
The Rome press is reporting that the Sensi family is going to sell AS Roma to a german-swiss consortium.
Jack Sparrow
F@ck....there goes the neighbourhood. I'd rather have the Ferrero family buy Roma.
whoarethepatriots
Yeah, it could most certainly create a Premier League style of buy outs. Hopefully Roma get sold to an Italian or at least a Roma lover
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 21 2009, 11:33 AM) *
The Rome press is reporting that the Sensi family is going to sell AS Roma to a german-swiss consortium.

Bad news I suppose...
Jack Sparrow
Very bad. I know it's really mean of me, but part of me was hoping Roma would be in 'just enough' financial trouble that selling a few players might remedy.

It's no secret that some of the best young Italians play for them.
Tennie
The potential buyer of Roma is one Friedrich Christian Flick, one of the heirs of the Flick dynasty. They had holdings in Mercedes and various other industries that they ended up selling to Deutsche bank for billions of marks (before the Euro came in). The family also has a significant art collection but there was a recent controversy about displaying the collection; the Swiss authorities refused to let the collection be shown in Switzerland and it was eventually shown in Berlin. The reason for the controversy is that the Flick patriarch was a prominent Nazi and made a lot of money using slave labor from concentration camps during World War II. The family, unlike others, has refused to pay compensation to surviving inmates.
Jack Sparrow
C'mon!! No way the Lupi would accept someone like this...

Would they? unsure.gif
Tennie
Well, they've publicly denied it's the Flick family making the offer. But they've basically admitted that there IS an offer.
Darunia
"Before kick-off Juve fans responded to accusations of racism against Mario Balotelli by unveiling a banner: 'Davids, Seedorf, Sissoko - real champions, real idols.'"

I understand Davids and Sissoko - they played for Juve, but why Seedorf?
dst
He's got... great range...
Tennie
So, Lazio beat the Gobbi today 2-1 and are in the Coppa Italia final.

the other semi is tomorrow, Samp-cugini. Samp won the first leg 3-0.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 22 2009, 04:07 PM) *
"Before kick-off Juve fans responded to accusations of racism against Mario Balotelli by unveiling a banner: 'Davids, Seedorf, Sissoko - real champions, real idols.'"

I understand Davids and Sissoko - they played for Juve, but why Seedorf?

I was wondering the same thing. Talk about grasping at straws there.

Oh well, Seedorf is considered by Juventini as an "idol" probably because he doesn't play for them.
MizNelson
Here's Goal.com's account of the Lazio-Juve match. What's notable is that it's their second straight match recap in which they've identified Lazio's GK as "Nelson Muslera." smile.gif

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2177/cop...pa-italia-final

In eighteen months, he's gone from a laughing stock to being on the cusp of his first trophy. That's pretty impressive.
Darunia
Happy for Muslera, hope he continues to improve in the future.
Zed.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycGV-CLWMCU

Believe it or not, Buffon at his peak would never have conceded this goal, even if Zarate's shot was world-class.
Fillipo Simone
Would he? I really don't think so...
Zed.D
Most probably IMO smile.gif doing the impossible and saving such shots made him Buffon. what do you think is the difference between this Buffon and Buffon of 3-4 years ago?

Anyway, I hope he gets back to his best as the World Cup is approaching.
Fillipo Simone
I find it a bit funny how suddenly "this Buffon" and the "Great Buffon" part like there's a gigantic difference. I'd ask once more - isn't it the same with "this Kaka" and the "Great Kaka" a few years ago?

IMO both Kaka and Buffon are great players, they were great years before, and still are, their level maintains the same, only small details change (explained by constant injuries). I don't think any Buffon whould have made the save.
Zed.D
No one said "that Buffon is finished" or "it's this Buffon from now on"..! and I wouldn't compare Buffon and Kaka's cases. one is a 'keeper the other is an attacker. they cannot be compared at least as far as injury-excuses are concerned. Buffon doesn't receive dozens of kicks in every game. nor does he risk twisting an ankle or rupturing a thigh muscle that much, if you know what I mean. injuries cannot really be used as an excuse in Buffon's case. I know he had a serious injury, but he's been healed a couple of months now.

One last note, I'm not trying to say anything against Buffon; don't know why you keep making it look that way! as a fan of Buffon and Italy I'm just sad to see him losing his place at the top of the list of Serie A's best 'keeper, let alone world's.
Fillipo Simone
Oh, don't worry, it's okay. I understand. Just that I don't think Buffon's having a special hard time or reached a low. IMO he's still top. Maybe Casillas is above him now, but that's just cosmetics.
Tennie
Second leg of the other Coppa semi was played today. FT cugini 1 - 0 Samp. However, Samp go through on goal differential because they won the first leg 3-0. smile.gif

Fishdoll awards +1 cookie to Giampaolo Pazzini for giving Materazzi (who was, later in the game, given a red) a bloody nose.
MizNelson
Wow, a Coppa final without Inert or Roma. What's it been, ten years? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Anyone seen the quotes of the week on channel4? It's pretty good this time.

Quotes of the Week

MizNelson
My favorite:

QUOTE (Ch.4)
“The other day in the game against Torino, our fans were signing songs for Kaka, but the Granata supporters sang 'kill Kaka'.”
Clarence Seedorf would’ve been worried if any of the Granata players could actually aim
Jack Sparrow
I liked how the racism issue was pinned on Moratti. And of course Beckham's English. biggrin.gif

I found Maldini's quote on Istanbul very interesting as well.
dst
oh Samp Vs Lazio... that's going to be a lovely final!
Rossoneri7
After 3 or so years with Roma v merda ... It's good to know that there are other teams who can challenge for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.