Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 19 2008, 06:28 PM)
Your opinion may hurt. I don't think you've found truth.

The opinion of the -36, -21, 50 point gap in 2 years, of having a poor transfer-market until now, a pathetic season for our standards... that and many other things are not just my opinion my lady. Those are facts, like it or not.
Tennie
Season results? Okay, you've got a couple of facts there. the status of the transfer season...that's opinion.

Just like it's my opinion that Zlatan is a complete ***** who goes missing in big games and you think he's the bestest thing ever.
mishie
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 19 2008, 05:34 PM)
The opinion of the -36, -21, 50 point gap in 2 years, of having a poor transfer-market until now, a pathetic season for our standards... that and many other things are not just my opinion my lady. Those are facts, like it or not.

facts they may be put why do you feel it necessary to ram it down our throats in every post!! The past is the past and those point deficits are gone and we hope to be much closer this season, and for some of us this worship of all things Merda is beginning to wear a little thin!!
TriniKing_CE
You guys have to rember this is a forum (freedom of speech is allowed within reason.) Yess at time Porty may say things in a way which can taken as harsh or cruel, but he hardly ever says anything far from the truth, or from the way he sees it.
Critising someone over their liking for a club is also uncalled for!
Not everyone is goin to be optimistic (in fact if it were - here would be kinda boring)

P.s. - What happened to the name Porty, Portikins?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 19 2008, 05:39 PM)
facts they may be put why do you feel it necessary to ram it down our throats in every post!! The past is the past and those point deficits are gone and we hope to be much closer this season, and for some of us this worship of all things Merda is beginning to wear a little thin!!

I do agree that it's unnecessary for him to constantly mention that Inter are better alot.. but I understand where he's coming from. Some people on this forum seem to just see Milan as the best team in the World, and no matter how little we acheive, it's seen as the greatets thing ever. It gets a little boring how there just seems a lack of passion on here, everything's always fine and okay. I think the management seems to be like that too, and I personally don't see it as a good thing.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2008, 11:58 AM)
I do agree that it's unnecessary for him to constantly mention that Inter are better alot.. but I understand where he's coming from. Some people on this forum seem to just see Milan as the best team in the World, and no matter how little we acheive, it's seen as the greatets thing ever. It gets a little boring how there just seems a lack of passion on here, everything's always fine and okay. I think the management seems to be like that too, and I personally don't see it as a good thing.

And who are these people exactly?
mishie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2008, 05:58 PM)

I agree but those of us who are a little more optomistic don't go about are views in the same way....yes there are big problems but this is the first season they have become truly apparent it is a shock how we seem to have such little money but HE has been harking on the same stuff for 3 seasons so sooner or later it was bound to happen, i don't even believe he is a Milan fan (and i'm bound to be in trouble now!) but then again perhaps that just MY opinion wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 19 2008, 06:05 PM)
And who are these people exactly?

I'm not going to name names, that's not a fair thing to do.

QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 19 2008, 06:15 PM)
I agree but those of us who are a little more optomistic don't go about are views in the same way....yes there are big problems but this is the first season they have become truly apparent it is a shock how we seem to have such little money but HE has been harking on the same stuff for 3 seasons so sooner or later it was bound to happen, i don't even believe he is a Milan fan (and i'm bound to be in trouble now!) but then again perhaps that just MY opinion  wink.gif

I wasn't necessarily saying you were one of those people, it was just your post that I happened to quote. tongue.gif

I have no problem with optimistic people, they're entitled to think what they want. If they think we'll iwn the league next season, that's their choice. But it's when people do the opposite of orty and go on and on and on about how we're the best - completely disregarding how we've done recently - is the annoying thing.
mishie
I am 1 of those but not to the point of blindness!...yes i am concerned about the last couple of days and now believe the calciomercato could be over for us....but bear in mind i (and a few older members) can remember really dark days were a finish of 10th and 11th happened consecutively!!
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2008, 12:22 PM)
I'm not going to name names, that's not a fair thing to do.

Use some secret language. I'll crack the code. Or maybe describe them without naming them? Like when Ancelotti called Sheva a traitor without really calling him a traitor... ph34r.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 19 2008, 07:15 PM)
I agree but those of us who are a little more optomistic don't go about are views in the same way....yes there are big problems but this is the first season they have become truly apparent it is a shock how we seem to have such little money but HE has been harking on the same stuff for 3 seasons so sooner or later it was bound to happen, i don't even believe he is a Milan fan (and i'm bound to be in trouble now!) but then again perhaps that just MY opinion  wink.gif

laugh.gif

I can say the exact same thing about YOU and some members of the forum (some in the admin too). People that for me... know **** about the club and still live in the early 90s when we ruled the world.

Maybe if some of you actually knew the italian language, culture, talked with them, participate in discussions about the club with people who go to San Siro every Sunday you'd have a different mentality. Not the "go soccerballs!" and "abbonamenti, forza milan" mentality.

But hey, yet again this is just my opinion. wink.gif

Yet more offensive language removed. Someone has a potty mouth.
mishie
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 19 2008, 06:36 PM)
laugh.gif

I can say the exact same thing about YOU and some members of the forum (some in the admin too). People that for me... know sh!t about the club and still live in the early 90s when we ruled the world.

Maybe if some of you actually knew the italian language, culture, talked with them, participate in discussions about the club with people who go to San Siro every Sunday you'd have a different mentality. Not the "go soccerballs!" and "abbonamenti, forza milan" mentality.

But hey, yet again this is just my opinion.  wink.gif

oh my god....shows how little you know about me!!!
Tennie
Gosh. This is getting close to the personal insult stage.

Why don't we all cool down a bit?

(I will note for the record that I do actually have friends who have been season ticket holders at the San Siro since they were kids. These people now take THEIR kids to the games. The kids like to laugh at my calabrese accent when I see them but I like to think that I'm not entirely ignorant of what actual season ticket holders are thinking. Especially since I actually make a point of asking about it on a regular basis).
morgoth
I think there's nothing more to say, this is like the Mourinho debate, the problem is that you don't seem to be annoyed to hurt others opinion, and that's disrespect!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 19 2008, 07:36 PM)
laugh.gif

I can say the exact same thing about YOU and some members of the forum (some in the admin too). People that for me... know **** about the club and still live in the early 90s when we ruled the world.

But hey, yet again this is just my opinion.  wink.gif
Yet more offensive language removed. Someone has a potty mouth.

If you're really interested, I'm a distant relative of the former Milan player Pierlugi Orlandini so I'm not member of that group of people who don't know "italian language, culture,.." tongue.gif

No one's living in the past, and actually noone is making any bombastic statements that Milan is gonna rule or win everything...
dst
Oh my Maldini, this is so ridiculous! How many times do we have to go through this? I personally have no problem with Porty. For what it's worth the way he expresses his opinions is, in my view, as edgy as R7's way is. But that does not even matter. What matters here is that you don't like his way... well, in that case, you can just ignore him! How simple is that? It's as simple as breathing really... I wish this is the last time this happens cause it has become more boring than watching paint dry...

QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 19 2008, 07:19 PM)
As a club we'll always be superior to them*. As a team, nowadays, we're not. That's the reality.

*Though we should be that superior too in our relation with media, and this typical Galliani/Berlusconi/Braida talk just ridicules the club, make us feel bad and pathetic, make other club fans laugh at every quote they say, etc. And many, many other stuff.

I totally agree with this.
I certainly don't like Galliani's comments about our superiority and him constantly talking to the media about everything.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 19 2008, 09:27 PM)
Use some secret language. I'll crack the code. Or maybe describe them without naming them? Like when Ancelotti called Sheva a traitor without really calling him a traitor... ph34r.gif

Crack this: A killer in here is a *****!
morgoth
Actually Max, Carlo used the word traitor biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 19 2008, 05:18 PM)
Actually Max, Carlo used the word traitor biggrin.gif

I know, but I remember he didn't call Sheva a traitor. It was indirect. Like it could have been anyone else though... biggrin.gif
Devillito
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 20 2008, 06:08 AM)
Oh my Maldini, this is so ridiculous! How many times do we have to go through this? I personally have no problem with Porty. For what it's worth the way he expresses his opinions is, in my view, as edgy as R7's way is. But that does not even matter. What matters here is that you don't like his way... well, in that case, you can just ignore him! How simple is that? It's as simple as breathing really... I wish this is the last time this happens cause it has become more boring than watching paint dry...

+1
I think we are all entitle to think as we saw fit.
Porty may sounds harsh but its not like he talked complete nonsense.
Optimistic hope is not in the same league with facts.
And like dst said, you dont like it, ignore it.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2008, 11:28 PM)

Well...I guess team vs club gets confused. When Porty says Milan sucks...I kinda figure he's talking about our team roster and not really the 209 year old institution. So I can't really say he rubs me the wrong way. And basically his point is, how can you say those 20 or so players are great, when they're not really delivering. It's really not the same as saying- I hate these bunch of players, so I hope they don't do well.

As far as the Italians go, well they're always going to complain about something right. Italians are like Indians. biggrin.gif They'll point the finger at everyone else. I mean, they complain about the club not investing money, but they won't take the trouble of making it to fill up the stadium, thus generating some revenue. But the truth is, when it comes down to it, they've all got red and black hearts, it just beats to a different tune.

The management has as much got a political side to it as an economic. When was the last time a politician in the ruling party would come up and say..'We're f@cked, we screwed up, and there's no way out without subjecting ourself to some serious torture!'. Same thing!

I was there when we finished 10th and 11th, so I can kinda brace myself. It's not good news that we have no money,but it's news we have to accept. Not like any of us have got the cash to lay down and buy Silvio's shares.

Milan was Silvio's toy, his way of reaching to the common man. A political move, and perhaps it has served it's purpose to him? unsure.gif

Naah...I'm being ungracious. It's a bad time, this too will pass. I hope.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 20 2008, 01:38 AM)
Oh my Maldini

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
Lazio have reportedly agreed on a deal with Boca Juniors to sign Palacio for E14m!! Palacio himself said he's ready to join Lazio...

That's a great move for Lazio!
Zed.D
^^

yeah, a very good buy. i think barca wanted him too some time ago.
Ry4n
yeah he was good in the WCC that goal in the final that we won tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm surprised it's taken him this long to leave Boca, he's been their 'next big thing' for a while now. Great move by Lazio.
KillerMax
Didn't Lazio also buy Carrizo?
Tennie
Yep, but there were work visa issues with him. I think those have been resolved, though.
Fillipo Simone
Good for Lazio. They will be back on top (top 5-8) eventually..
KillerMax
Well then Galliani's excuses about financial issues doesn't make sense to me. How can a team like Lazio outdo us in the market? Carrizo and Palacio are two truly great buys for Lazio. How can we not have the means to make the necessary reinforcements?
morgoth
Lazio bought Carrizo last year and loaned him out because of some papers issues. Palacio have agreed now to move to Lazio, two weeks ago he said he prefers to wait for some other offers and prefers Spain to Italy ...
KillerMax
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 21 2008, 03:45 PM)
Lazio bought Carrizo last year and loaned him out because of some papers issues. Palacio have agreed now to move to Lazio, two weeks ago he said he prefers to wait for some other offers and prefers Spain to Italy ...

And?
morgoth
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 21 2008, 11:04 PM)
And?

Carrizo will probably play at Lazio next year and Palacio is still waiting offers from Spain, which in my opinion should force the SS to look elsewhere, because it's clear he doesn't want to come the club ...

Anyhoo, Rocchi will be part of the Italian Olympics team while Galliani refused to release Bonera!
morgoth
Despite being suspended for 16 months (cocaine positive) Francesco Flachi signed for Empoli. He'll play again on January 2009 ohmy.gif so they already have their January signing laugh.gif
morgoth
Here we go again ... biggrin.gif

Palacio said he'll wait until 07/07 to male a decision! He wants more money and is waiting for Barcelona's offer laugh.gif
morgoth
Mario Beretta is officially Lecce's new coach!
KillerMax
And Lazio have signed Radu. Good for them.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 25 2008, 05:32 PM)
And Lazio have signed Radu. Good for them.

Radu from Bundesliga?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 25 2008, 10:48 AM)
Radu from Bundesliga?

Stefan Radu from Dinamo.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 25 2008, 06:06 PM)
Stefan Radu from Dinamo.

Oh, that one. I don't know him... unsure.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 25 2008, 11:22 AM)
Oh, that one. I don't know him... unsure.gif

Stefan Radu on wiki. He has potential, that's for sure.
kurtsimonw
Anybody know when the fixtures are released?
Tennie
Usually sometime in August, I think.
morgoth
Figo has renewed his contract for another year and the zebras have officially brought back Giovinco ...
KillerMax
According to "reports", Quaresma and Lampard have both signed for Inter.
Zed.D
Quaresma AND Lampard? wacko.gif someone tell me it's not true...
CrazyMilanFan
hmmm lampard for stankovic and queresma for figo those are really gud replacments
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jun 28 2008, 12:39 PM)
hmmm lampard for stankovic and queresma for figo those are really gud replacments

inter always have good replacements, if not then they will have the best transfers .. In Italy, they are known as 'champions of the summer' ... Meaning they out-do everyone's summer mercato campaign.
Rossoneri7
Ancelotti: "Winning is guaranteed with Milan this season!"

Carlo Ancelotti, Milan's head coach has been given extra privileges this season, that wasn't available to him in the past, in planning for the team and interfering in the summer mercato.

Gazzetta dello Sports had an exclusive interview with him on matters that pertain to the market and the team for the coming season.

Q. Ancelotti, will Milan be with Ronaldinho tomorrow ?

Carlo: "We have not bought him yet, we are following the plan of Andiamoshi (have no idea what that is)."

Q. So the main goal is Ronaldinho ?

Carlo: "I have discussed with the management about this and also assessing the possibilities of buying forwards, I have transmitted my opinion and ideas to the upper management."

Q. You mean, you don't have a preference .. If it was Adebayor or Ronaldinho that arrived ?!

Carlo: "It would change the shape of the team, either we play with a 4-3-1-2, or we play in our classical set-up of which we know well the 4-3-2-1 the christmas tree, which we are most comfortable in implementing."

Q. It seems as though you are on the verge of playing with two strikers again, just like you did in the 2002-2003 season ?

Carlo: "Ohh, yes and everyone remembers what we achieved back then!"

Q. The Champions League and the Coppa Italia ?

Carlo: "Exactly, and that means that the fans have to be calm, the club and myself are working on making a competitive team of the highest order!"

Q. If you don't get a striker in the, level of Adebayor, will anything change ?

Carlo: "In that case we would play with three forwards. We would be concentrating on positioning deep in the field which will obviously mean a bigger strategy will have to be implemented while playing deep."

Q. On the occasion who will be the striker ? Pato, Inzaghi or Borriello ?

Carlo: "Inzaghi and Borriello have the ability to play on their own upfront. As they play on the basis of poaching only, while Pato doesn't."

Q. What does that mean ?

Carlo: "In simple terms Pato has to understand the role, he has to concentrate and learn a lot of things, he is still very young and I don't think he will have any problems with this."

Q. And will he do that ?

Carlo: "It is a matter of time only, and it is something logical, and he will do that I assure you of this!"

Q. And Kaka' will change his style of play ?

Carlo: "Kaka' is the best player in the world and what he does best is following his instinct and feelings. I am not going to change his position nor ask him to change his style!"

Q. And Seedorf ? Is there a problem with him playing behind the strikers ?

Carlo: "He is a very intelligent man and extremely useful as a player. Whether he plays behind the strikers or in the central midfield role, he wont face any problems either way."

Q. Let's talk about the other areas, what is your opinion on the midfield ?

Carlo: "It is solid and strong, we have the quantity and the technical ability. Emerson had gotten over his physical problems and will be a big helping hand, we got Flamini who was one of the best midfielders in the Champions League. He is a first class player and will be in good hands with us."

Q. Gourcuff moved to Borduex, did he loose the bet ?

Carlo: "There wasn't enough place for him to play, and in big teams like Milan there will always be such problems. From his stand point, it will be an important season at Borduex, he has to show consistency and continuity in his form and I will be following his progress."

Q. In defense, are you content with Zambrotta ?

Carlo: "He is a great fullback both on the left and right side, he is not young but he is very reliable. On the left we have Jankulovski and Favalli, and lets not forget Oddo who despite the bad season that he had is now getting prepared for the new season. We also have brought back Antonini who has been able to develop his abilities in a big way and can play in both defense and midfield, he is a good alternative."

Q. Milan are now leaning towards the Scudetto ?

Carlo: "This has no meaning to me now, what is important for me now is to succeed in spring on the success that we are having this summer."

Q. Of course, but do you believe in your luck in competing for the Scudetto ?

Carlo: "It is our first goal, we all have a desire to win it especially after failing to make the Champions League. We will fight on all fronts, in the league and in the UEFA cup, it is lower than what we wish to achieve but it is guaranteed, Milan will be champions at the end of the season!"

Gazzetta dello Sports
han2503
It's good to see Carlo's being positve about next season. Hopefully it's not just words like usual and they will actually show this on the pitch
Zed.D
Is it reliable, what you have posted, R7?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.