Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2008, 05:29 AM) *
I was taking the piss anyway, but overall the Catania keeper, Bizzari (Is he the same one that was at Madrid?), was probably the best player. I thought Viera had a good game too.

Of course, you were. tongue.gif But yeah he's the same Albano Bizarri, the Argentinean who played seven matches at Real Madrid. He was immense in this match, made at least 3-4 vital saves. The thing is that he's at his peak physical condition (at the age of 30), and has experience too. I'd have liked a keeper of this sort, preferably younger, but more talented.

See, people, I don't hate Argentineans. I just hate their football team. dry.gif
drucurl
Wow I'm sure glad we didn't get Quaresma or Mancini...what overrated rubbish players dry.gif
Giancarlo
Yes, Inter's sub-par performance against Catania was really impressive... wow... right. Quaresma was good on the field, but not world class. And Inter was far from impressive. The best man of the match? Catania's goalkeeper.

No, I'm glad we didn't get either Quaresma or the sluggish Mancini. I'm more happy with Ronaldinho...

And wasn't Mancini a sub? Inter's backline, with the exception of Maicon, looked weak. And Muntari was sh @ t.
drucurl
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 14 2008, 01:38 AM) *
Yes, Inter's sub-par performance against Catania was really impressive... wow... right. Quaresma was good on the field, but not world class. And Inter was far from impressive. The best man of the match? Catania's goalkeeper.

No, I'm glad we didn't get either Quaresma or the sluggish Mancini. I'm more happy with Ronaldinho...

And wasn't Mancini a sub? Inter's backline, with the exception of Maicon, looked weak. And Muntari was sh @ t.
You would make sense if you could name EVEN one player in our team who has played that well thus far.
Oh and if Catania's gk is the best player, it means that Inter was keeping him busy all game long = Inter played well
KillerMax
Inter won and that equals 3 points. That's all that matters. Now what will we do...?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (drucurl @ Sep 14 2008, 06:52 AM) *
Wow I'm sure glad we didn't get Quaresma or Mancini...what overrated rubbish players dry.gif

You say that after one game?
Zed.D
QUOTE (drucurl @ Sep 14 2008, 09:22 AM) *

And you call Sobis and Jo out of this world... man, I can't sympathy with you biggrin.gif
drucurl
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 14 2008, 05:40 AM) *
And you call Sobis and Jo out of this world
Nope never did huh.gif
Rossoneri7
Napoli !!! wub.gif wub.gif
Portman
QUOTE (drucurl @ Sep 14 2008, 05:52 AM) *

Spastic.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 14 2008, 10:34 PM) *
Napoli !!!

Fiorentina 2-1. huh.gif Mutu scored, then?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:41 PM) *
Fiorentina 2-1. huh.gif Mutu scored, then?

Hamsik and Maggio for Napoli
Zed.D
I said Napoli would win cool.gif looks like this time we'll have to fight Napoli for the 4th place.
Tennie
Psst, Acid. It's Napoli 2 - 1 Fiorentina.

Hamsik and Maggio scored for Napoli and Mutu for Fiorentina.

The Juve-Udinese game starts in about 45 minutes. Hope it's a good one. smile.gif
Tennie
alert!

(psst, Kurt. Both Mellberg and Poulsen are starting for the Zebras).
kurtsimonw
Go Juve! cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 14 2008, 09:00 PM) *
alert!

laugh.gif

That's a riot !!
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 14 2008, 10:49 PM) *
Psst, Acid. It's Napoli 2 - 1 Fiorentina.

Of course, it is. blush.gif I remember typed Napoli first, but somehow it ended up like this. Maybe our 'performance' today got into that place between my ears.
Rossoneri7
Ale la Juve la Juve ale .. La bianconera sirniora la Juveee devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

God I love Serie A !!!
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 14 2008, 07:29 PM) *
Ale la Juve la Juve ale .. La bianconera sirniora la Juveee devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

God I love Serie A !!!

If I said that, I'd have half forum insulting me. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portikins @ Sep 14 2008, 09:30 PM) *
If I said that, I'd have half forum insulting me. cool.gif

no no Zebra's are okay, merda are no no biggrin.gif
Tennie
Not me.smile.gif It may be disloyal of me but I've always half liked the Zebras.

Iaquinta-Amauri in attack for Juve and hm. Chiellini is back, it seems.
dst
What the **** is this, are you people kidding me???
Tennie
What? That I don't hate Juve with every fiber of my being? Fraid not. I respect the club and the players (Moggi era foo notwithstanding). May not always particularly love the guys but they're worthy adversaries.

It's scoreless in the 15th.
Tennie
Whoa. Amazing clearance there by Udinese. Ball hit the crossbar and they were able to get it out of danger.
dst
I think it's a bit weird to say the least to read messages of support to Juve in a Milan forum...
Tennie
Grygera shows off some of his ***....ets as his shorts get ripped up in a challenge.

(And I don't support Juve per se, dst. I do respect 'em, though).
acid911
Makes me want to have bought Mellberg this season. Better than most of our defense. sad.gif Beside towards the first half, this match is 10x more entertaining than the Milan one I witnessed earlier today. That, my friends, was some depressing stuff.
Tennie
Still scoreless in the 60th. Di Natale was just subbed out for Udinese.

The Udinese keeper, Handanovic, is having a good game today.
Tennie
And I cursed him. Goal Juve, Amauri.
acid911
Del Piero starting his warm-up run. rolleyes.gif Anyone recalls when Adriano was called by Mourinho yesterday to start his warm-up run and never came back? That was the funniest thing I saw all month.
kurtsimonw
I'm not sure I get the "I hate Inter and Juve!" stuff to be honest. I was talking to Ash about it, and it's not like we're from Milan, or even Italy most of us, so we don't associate with their fans. Hating teams is usually more to do with bragging rights, hence people hating local rivals.. nobody where I lives supports either Inter or Juve, therefore I have no disliking towards either.
Tennie
FT Juve 1 - 0 Udinese.
Portman

Maradona with Inter's training kit (today).

There's a strong relationship between him and the nerazzurri. I think some months ago I read he could work for them.

When will we see Pele' with a Milan one? biggrin.gif
Tennie
Haha. Still after Kun Aguero, are they?
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 15 2008, 12:53 AM) *

I was thinking on that too...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 15 2008, 12:53 AM) *

[Giancarlo mode] He is rubbish and overrated, I hope he goes to Inter where he wil. fail. FACT. [/Giancarlo mode]

Would be a good move for Inter if they did get him, he's been outshining Messi in alot of Argentina's World Cup qualifiers lately.
Zed.D
If Maradona wants him to, Aguero will move to Inter! I'd like to see him in Italy. in fact I'd like to see every star in Italy, even if it means they will play for Inter.
Zed.D
This is from Sampdoria-Inter, but I thought Mourinho's gesture was priceless!

Tennie
puke.gif Ugh. What an image to see first thing in the morning. How could you, zd?
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 14 2008, 11:20 PM) *
I'm not sure I get the "I hate Inter and Juve!" stuff to be honest. I was talking to Ash about it, and it's not like we're from Milan, or even Italy most of us, so we don't associate with their fans. Hating teams is usually more to do with bragging rights, hence people hating local rivals.. nobody where I lives supports either Inter or Juve, therefore I have no disliking towards either.

I don't get it either (we've talked about if before with Locke in last season's EPL thread) I just find it a bit disturbing to read Juve chants in here...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 15 2008, 06:07 AM) *
Would be a good move for Inter if they did get him, he's been outshining Messi in alot of Argentina's World Cup qualifiers lately.

I have not seen any of Argentina's WC qualifiers but from what I've seen from La Liga Aguero is nowhere near Messi. He's very good but Messi is already among the very best.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 15 2008, 01:15 PM) *
puke.gif Ugh. What an image to see first thing in the morning. How could you, zd?

Ah come on, I know you like this image tongue.gif

(In the morning? what time is it now in D.C.?)
Tennie
It's 6.30 am (or nearly so) and I still detest the guy. Sorry.
Zed.D
Aha... 8 and half hours difference between here and there. for some weird reasons I thought it was more.
Habitant
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 15 2008, 09:18 AM) *
I don't get it either (we've talked about if before with Locke in last season's EPL thread) I just find it a bit disturbing to read Juve chants in here...

I have not seen any of Argentina's WC qualifiers but from what I've seen from La Liga Aguero is nowhere near Messi. He's very good but Messi is already among the very best.

puke.gif
whoarethepatriots
dst, A.Madrids Aguero is a beast. He singlehandedly destroyed Barca last season (much like El Nino used to) and constantly tormented La Liga's finest

Aguero Vs Barca (skip to 1:00)
Portman
Lo Monaco: Shut up Jose!

Monday 15 September, 2008

Catania sporting director Pietro Lo Monaco has blasted Inter Coach Jose Mourinho for his comments after Saturday's San Siro encounter.

A 10-man Inter side struggled to a 2-1 win over the Sicilians courtesy of a Cristian Terlizzi own goal.

But Mourinho claimed that it should have been 5-1 and that the score-line would have been the same had he been in goal instead of Julio Cesar.

And the Special One's typically bombast statements seem to have angered the Etnei camp.

Someone who says those things has no respect for opponents, his fellow Coaches or the nation that has welcomed him in,” Lo Monaco bellowed on Radio Anch'io Sport.

I won't stoop to his level but I will say that we won't be won over by his smooth talk and that he must learn to hold his tongue.

"To be honest I think the Special One needs a smack in the mouth.

“Mourinho would be well served to think about his problems and I hope he wins because if he doesn't he will have to pack his bags quickly and leave.”

There was already tension between the two sides after Sulley Muntari was dismissed for an elbow on Giacomo Tedesco, but the Nerazzurri players claimed there was no contact.

“Everyone knows Muntari and he's not new to this kind of gesture,” Lo Monaco said in closing. “He totally deserved his dismissal.”

And the answer:

Mourinho: Who is Lo Monaco?

Monday 15 September, 2008

Inter's Jose Mourinho has mocked Catania sporting director Pietro Lo Monaco as a war of words between the two clubs starts to gain momentum.

The Italian champions had to fight hard to beat Catania 2-1 last Saturday after they had been reduced to 10 men by the controversial dismissal of Sulley Muntari.

But Mourinho angered Catania director Lo Monaco by claiming that it “should have been 5-1 to Inter” and that he could have played in goal for the Nerazzurri without conceding.

Lo Monaco blasted the Portuguese tactician for a lack of respect, but Mourinho has struck back by satirising the Etnei man's name - Monaco means 'monk' and is also the Italian name for Munich.

Who is Lo Monaco?” he said. “I know of the Tibetan monk, the Principality of Monaco, Bayern Munich and the Monaco Grand Prix, but that's all.

If this Lo Monaco wants to make a name for himself by talking about me then he should pay me.

I already have sponsors who pay me for publicity and I'm not paid to make a name for Lo Monaco. I guess that those who want to be on the front page know how to get there,” he sniped.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This guys never learn. Do not provoke him or you'll end like an idiot like this Lo Monaco.
acid911
“Who is Lo Monaco?” he said. “I know of the Tibetan monk, the Principality of Monaco, Bayern Munich and the Monaco Grand Prix, but that's all.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif No wonder they call him the Special One.
Zed.D
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

(I fear the wrath of Tennie)

Mourinho's right to some extent though. I'd never heard that man's name before. seriously. now all the world surely will remember Lo Monaco not because of what he said about Mou, but because of what Mou said about him!

Is he Italian btw?
drucurl
Mourinho is a genius!! don't mess with him wink.gif But soon he'll learn to kneel to the GREAT ANCELOTTI cool.gif

(I hope unsure.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.