Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 15 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Porto overvalues their players. smile.gif And, well, Quaresma went back to Porto from Barca where he...did pretty much what he did with the cugini. Didn't work at all, he had a massive falling out with Rijkaard, and he was packed off home.

Don't get me wrong, by the way: I think Quaresma has more natural talent than Cristiano Ronaldo. Thing is, his personality/approach is all messed up and he only shows the brilliance with rare occasion and usually only in Portugal.

Alot of clubs do, but he was still sought after. Its not like inter was the only team that wanted him. He moved to inter because mourinho had big plans for him and mourinho is portugese and promises big wins etc etc.
mishie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 08:19 PM) *
I would say at porto he was top 20 forsure.

He started for portugal after all. Him and ronaldo were at times compared to be similar. One moved to shitner and flopped, the other was smart and declined a move. I'm sure at chelsea he will succeed.

if he ever gets a game tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
He's the special one. Everything he does is special. How can ruining Inter be special?
amancik
I think in his case it's more or less the same with Gourcuff, he can only play up to his full potential when he's the star of the team, when his teammates rely on him to create something special. He was underwhelming in Barca and Inter simply because he's not a team player.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (amancik @ Mar 15 2009, 02:22 PM) *
I think in his case it's more or less the same with Gourcuff, he can only play up to his full potential when he's the star of the team, when his teammates rely on him to create something special. He was underwhelming in Barca in Inter simply because he's not a team player.

yup. When the ball is going to ibra 90% of the time, what do you expect? Its obvious dribblers like mancini and Quaresma are going to flop.

@mishie: We'll see. quote me on this but I think he will become a star in the premiere league next season.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 15 2009, 02:21 PM) *
He's the special one. Everything he does is special. How can ruining Inter be special?

LOL @ everyone here. Mourinho makes one wrong move everyone jumps at him like a pack of hungry wolves. Gotta love it.

Lets no forget he did beat milan, and he is in first place currently. I think ancelotti has ruined milan much much more than mourinho has ruined inter.

mishie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 08:25 PM) *
LOL @ everyone here. Mourinho makes one wrong move everyone jumps at him like a pack of hungry wolves. Gotta love it.

Lets no forget he did beat milan, and he is in first place currently. I think ancelotti has ruined milan much much more than mourinho has ruined inter.

starting with the Merda fans themselves wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 09:25 PM) *

Gee man, cool down. I actually tried to defend the "precious one". In other words, I don't belive Mourinho ruined a club that's history mainly is written ruins.

And I don't think there's a comparative and superlative for "ruining". Ancelotti did not ruin Milan.
Nova
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 09:25 PM) *

and they did it all without any "help" , right ? wink.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 15 2009, 02:34 PM) *
and they did it all without any "help" , right ? wink.gif

Officiating has been poor all season long. But what remains factual is the points, which we are lacking.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 15 2009, 02:28 PM) *
starting with the Merda fans themselves wink.gif

mancini brought inter 3 titles. Yet they still jumped on them. merda are disabled, you should know that lol.

imo inter have this jealousy factor and it bothers them to no ends. They couldnt care less if inter won Serie A 10 times in a row. What they want is the champions league so they can say they are a euro elite like us. I think the champions league we won when we had -8 points really hurt them deep inside. They were supposed to be the favored team. We were stripped of our all star and were supposed to flop to no ends. Ironic..
Nova
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Officiating has been poor all season long. But what remains factual is the points, which we are lacking.

oh cmon , wake up and smell the calciopoli wink.gif

this thing is far from over smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 15 2009, 02:40 PM) *
oh cmon , wake up and smell the calciopoli wink.gif

this thing is far from over smile.gif

I look at only two things. why seedorf plays as much as he does and our current standing in the table. I could care less about calciopoli or whatever.
Nova
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 09:41 PM) *
I look at only two things. why seedorf plays as much as he does and our current standing in the table. I could care less about calciopoli or whatever.

then you might as well forget about logics as well , did you allready forgot our last derby ?

Tennie
Thing is, the current cugini coach was brought in specifically to win the CL and now that THAT is not going to happen, the fans have no patience for him. Add to that the fact that he's not at all well liked by the Italian press or, it would seem, by other coaches. And, for the record, Milan won the first round of the derby and the cugini the second so they're even there. (Ancelotti has 2 CL titles as coach and 1 as a player too, btw).
mishie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 08:41 PM) *

why the Clarence obession?
Nova
for the love of god , what more do you need mutu !!!! score for pete sake !!!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 15 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Thing is, the current cugini coach was brought in specifically to win the CL and now that THAT is not going to happen, the fans have no patience for him. Add to that the fact that he's not at all well liked by the Italian press or, it would seem, by other coaches. And, for the record, Milan won the first round of the derby and the cugini the second so they're even there. (Ancelotti has 2 CL titles as coach and 1 as a player too, btw).

yes exactly. The culture in italy is not the same as in england so its expected. They want a coach who can win champions league and mou didn't do that.

Ancelotti played mourinho didn't so you can't compare. Also the fact that ancelotti won it with AC milan and not porto is not looked up on as miraculous.

All in all i'm going to stop this pointless argueing. There is no point because you all think hes this and that and etc.. I hope he returns to chelsea and goes back to his best. Italy is not ready for a coach like him yet.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 16 2009, 12:51 AM) *

Ruining Inter? don't you think you're insulting the whole Serie A by saying this? a mess of a team is dominating the league? doesn't make sense.

They certainly underachieved in the CL, but I saw an improvement. they were not scared of Man U, they were just simply not good enough. Mancio's Inter was in a word pathetic in Europe... at least there were not any punch-ups at the end of Man U-Inter. rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Or maybe he's not quite as special as you seem to think he is, Blue.
mishie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 08:59 PM) *
yes exactly. The culture in italy is not the same as in england so its expected. They want a coach who can win champions league and mou didn't do that.

Ancelotti played mourinho didn't so you can't compare. Also the fact that ancelotti won it with AC milan and not porto is not looked up on as miraculous.

All in all i'm going to stop this pointless argueing. There is no point because you all think hes this and that and etc.. I hope he returns to chelsea and goes back to his best. Italy is not ready for a coach like him yet.

just checking the date...no it's not april the 1st...dear god man are you serious!!!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 15 2009, 03:01 PM) *
Ruining Inter? don't you think you're insulting the whole Serie A by saying this? a mess of a team is dominating the league? doesn't make sense.

They certainly underachieved in the CL, but I saw an improvement. they were not scared of Man U, they were just simply not good enough. Mancio's Inter was in a word pathetic in Europe... at least there were not any punch-ups at the end of Man U-Inter. rolleyes.gif

+1
Bluesummers
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 15 2009, 03:05 PM) *
just checking the date...no it's not april the 1st...dear god man are you serious!!!

I meant as in media terms not skills. What he does and says is not percieved as a joke an is taken quite serious, but then again every coach is taken to those terms in italy so mourinho will be treated no different.

In england they often times joke and have amusing questions for the managers.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 15 2009, 01:25 PM) *
I think ancelotti has ruined milan much much more than mourinho has ruined inter.

Blue, we know you're no Carlo fan, but please stop with the BS comparisons.

Ancelotti has been at Milan for what, 9 seasons? And he hasn't "ruined" Milan by any means. Plus, once again, Mourinho's first season isn't even complete, so you can't even compare the two.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 15 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Blue, we know you're no Carlo fan, but please stop with the BS comparisons.

Ancelotti has been at Milan for what, 9 seasons? And he hasn't "ruined" Milan by any means. Plus, once again, Mourinho's first season isn't even complete, so you can't even compare the two.

I'm talking this season. Obviously I wasn't relating to previous seasons because mourinho wasn't here.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Ch. 4)
Ibra scored moments later with another set piece from 32 metres. It cannoned off the underside of the bar, so Frey had no chance of stopping this absolute screamer, which was clocked at 109km/h.

Damn. I think that was faster than Zambro's goal at the beginning of the season. Too bad he's incapable of doing this in the important matches.

Mourinho was also sent off. What a clown.
Ry4n
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 15 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Mourinho was also sent off. What a clown.

laugh.gif some things never change , clown of Serie A , Ibra is the jester.... and drops the balls in big matches laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 15 2009, 10:01 PM) *

Inters calciopoli exclusion is a insult. I love Serie A. I dislike Inter. Allways will be so, and I have no tolerance or respect for them. Why should I?
Nova
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 15 2009, 11:37 PM) *
Inters calciopoli exclusion is a insult. I love Serie A. I dislike Inter. Allways will be so, and I have no tolerance or respect for them. Why should I?

You shouldn't wink.gif
kurtsimonw
Even with the fans on his back and player under-performing he's going to win Serie A.. that is special.

Off to Real Madrid next year no doubt to win La Liga. Then he will be in a league of his own.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 16 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Even with the fans on his back and player under-performing he's going to win Serie A.. that is special.

The players under-performing? You mean his signings Quaresma, Mancini and Muntari he spent 60m for? Inter have no opponent and they did not have one when Mancini was here. Whoever thinks what Mancini did and what Mou does now is special has either never watched football before or is refusing to use his/her brain.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 16 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Off to Real Madrid next year no doubt to win La Liga. Then he will be in a league of his own.

The sooner the better laugh.gif let him get them bankrupt wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 16 2009, 12:57 PM) *

The league of the extraordinary quitters?
Jack Sparrow
I think Perez is almost definitely winning the Madrid elections. I also heard he's definitely not landing Mourinho, since he doesn't like Mou's propensity for jumping ships as soon as the water gets stormy. In fact it's Carlo Ancelotti who's being touted the most as a likely successor at Madrid. wink.gif Technical coach with decently sound tactics in a technical league with a team, that's probably the best that 'smart money' can assemble.

So what about Mourinho's 'problems'...

1. The fans are on his back. (Can be remedied with some good results)
2. The press hate him. (He knows the reasons, and most of the fights were started by him. )
3. His football is boring. (Solve this problem and points 1 and 2 will fall in place).
4. All his transfers were flops.

I mean seriously if this dude can't deal with the above four points, then I don't know what kind of coach he is. I don't think any team can give Mourinho the kind of carte blanche that Inter has. He got it primarily because his 'exit' from Chelsea was considered a one-off.

If he does it again, he's just going to prove he's an unreliable candidate. This is not just about tactics or gameplay. No business recruits people who don't have a solid service record behind them.
Habitant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 16 2009, 03:27 PM) *
I think Perez is almost definitely winning the Madrid elections. I also heard he's definitely not landing Mourinho, since he doesn't like Mou's propensity for jumping ships as soon as the water gets stormy. In fact it's Carlo Ancelotti who's being touted the most as a likely successor at Madrid. wink.gif Technical coach with decently sound tactics in a technical league with a team, that's probably the best that 'smart money' can assemble.

1st of all he hasnt jumped ship with inter yet? and if he does leave it's because they wanted him out.

He dint do that with porto, won everything and moved on.

abromovich wanted a coach that played beautiful football and win trophies so he had him sacked when things werent going well.

so i dont think the above statement isnt true at all.
Zed.D
I agree with Hab. like it or not, Mourinho's got balls. jumping ship is not what he does, because he's too proud of himself. no way he likes to look like a coward.

Tennie
How then do you guys explain the persistent stories that he's had his agent looking for a new job for him since before Christmas?
Zed.D
Stories. smile.gif

You know, it'd be easy for me to admit he hadn't got balls if he decided to move to another team this summer, even if Inter wanted him to stay. but so far the story's been different. leaving Porto when you have won everything and a billionaire with a promising project wants you is in no way jumping ship. every coach at the start of their career would do that. and everyone knows it was Chelsea's desire to part ways with him, not his. but as I said, I would have no problem with admitting that he's a coward if he snubbed Inter and went to another team.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 16 2009, 04:27 PM) *
I also heard he's definitely not landing Mourinho, since he doesn't like Mou's propensity for jumping ships as soon as the water gets stormy.

I could not have less respect for the kind of man Mourinho is but that he does not do.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 16 2009, 05:39 PM) *
How then do you guys explain the persistent stories that he's had his agent looking for a new job for him since before Christmas?

None of us know his agent to confirm that... and it's not like we don't know journalists make a lot of things up. Even if he left though, it's not like he'd leave a sinking ship. He would most probably leave with the championship and I don't see why he can be criticized for leaving as a champion when he's not liked by neither the press (justifiably but it does not matter, the crucial thing is this relationship is bad) nor the fans...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 16 2009, 08:27 AM) *

So what about Mourinho's 'problems'...

1. The fans are on his back. (Can be remedied with some good results)
2. The press hate him. (He knows the reasons, and most of the fights were started by him. )
3. His football is boring. (Solve this problem and points 1 and 2 will fall in place).
4. All his transfers were flops.

I mean seriously if this dude can't deal with the above four points, then I don't know what kind of coach he is. I don't think any team can give Mourinho the kind of carte blanche that Inter has. He got it primarily because his 'exit' from Chelsea was considered a one-off.

If he does it again, he's just going to prove he's an unreliable candidate. This is not just about tactics or gameplay. No business recruits people who don't have a solid service record behind them.

excellent, i pray to god madrid take this mentally retarted handicap away from our team. Let them suffer 9 years with 1 la liga.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack, the fans dont like him because he hasn't done anything mancini hasn't done. If he had beaten manchester he would be worshipped as a god. I hope he leaves, but if he stays next year i'll be very afraid of inter.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 16 2009, 09:39 AM) *

And where has mourinho or his agent been quoted saying they will be leaving inter in the summer ? rolleyes.gif
Tennie
Look it up Blue. It's there to find. smile.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 16 2009, 04:59 PM) *
excellent, i pray to god madrid take this mentally retarted handicap away from our team. Let them suffer 9 years with 1 la liga.

Nice way of crediting the man who led Milan to the top of the world...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 16 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Nice way of crediting the man who led Milan to the top of the world...

2 champions league and 1 serie A, yeah were at the top rolleyes.gif

Then ferguson must be some sort of god. I mean hes won what 11 championships??
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 16 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Look it up Blue. It's there to find. smile.gif

I know the links your talking about. I'm asking has mourinho or his agent come out and publicly declared he will be looking for another club next season?

Until official, i dont believe a single word. After what marca did with kaka, i dont believe any journalists.
Tennie
As for Mourinho, he was brought in to win the Champions League. He didn't. So in that sense he has not been successful this season and hasn't shown anything more than Mancini did.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 16 2009, 10:18 AM) *
As for Mourinho, he was brought in to win the Champions League. He didn't. So in that sense he has not been successful this season and hasn't shown anything more than Mancini did.

Yup, very true. He didn't achieve his season goals.

Serie A apprantly is something so invaluable that they are willing to sack coaches even if they win it rolleyes.gif

I agree with wenger, i think its time for a european leage.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 16 2009, 05:07 PM) *
2 champions league and 1 serie A, yeah were at the top rolleyes.gif

Then ferguson must be some sort of god. I mean hes won what 11 championships??

It was under Ancelotti Milan became the club with the most international titles in the world, yes.
And Ferguson has been at Man U for like 3 times longer than Ancelotti has been at Milan
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 16 2009, 10:46 AM) *
It was under Ancelotti Milan became the club with the most international titles in the world, yes.
And Ferguson has been at Man U for like 3 times longer than Ancelotti has been at Milan

If we had sacchi, that would have occured aswell.

3x longer but 10x the achievements right.

Only thing spectacular about carlo was his champions league domination.

I understand that under him we won quite alot and we were a great team but top of the world? I wouldn't go that far.

On a furthernote if benitez wins the champions league this season, then he should be considered as great as ancelotti.
Bluesummers
According to wiki stats:

Over their careers overall coaching as head coach:

Their winning percentage:

Mourinho: 69%

Ferguson: 57%

Benitez: 54%

Wenger: 52%

Ancelotti: 56%

--------------------
wow at mourinho's record. I wonder if it will go down in time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.