Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
acid911
Buffon is, though I love him very much, a folklore now-a-days, unfortunately. unsure.gif Cesar is the new king of Serie A, he's saved inter more points than Buffon has for Juve recently. Though as much as I hate the truth, I'll still take Buffon over Cesar in a match, if my life depended on it.
Habitant
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 26 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Buffon is, though I love him very much, a folklore now-a-days, unfortunately. unsure.gif Cesar is the new king of Serie A, he's saved inter more points than Buffon has for Juve recently. Though as much as I hate the truth, I'll still take Buffon over Cesar in a match, if my life depended on it.

so bloody clutch

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sbMPVHrKmew king.gif king.gif king.gif king.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jan 25 2009, 10:51 PM) *

He saved that one with the skin of his teeth.
Tennie
Lega Calcio gave Adriano a 3-match ban for punching Castaldello.

They also gave Mourinho a 1-game touchline ban for the naughty words to Celi that got him sent off yesterday.
Locke Lamora
Drama in Roma.
Panucci has thrown a fit and is leaving the club.
Link
Tennie
The Panucci saga's being discussed in the transfer thread too.
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 26 2009, 08:05 PM) *
Lega Calcio gave Adriano a 3-match ban for punching Castaldello.

I'd have wanted a 5-match one, so he would not have played in the Milan derby. dry.gif Gotta wait to see how will the Mourinho ban affect inter in the next game; it at all it'll be morally draining, nothing else. They can manage one match with their assistant coach.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 26 2009, 04:27 PM) *
The Panucci saga's being discussed in the transfer thread too.

Oops.
Zed.D
Blog: Champs or Chumps?

Genoa and Napoli are in the chase for a Champions League spot, but Steve Wilson wonders if it would really be such a good thing for either of them to qualify

Like most fans I am something of a romanticist. I love the fairytale story. I delight in seeing the underdog put the favourite in his place or the rookie knock the veteran off his pedestal. Consequently, I should be all for Genoa or Napoli – or even both – stealing into the Champions League places at the end of the season. However, I’m not sure this would be such a good thing.

When it comes down to it the Champions League is the annual litmus test for your domestic League. How the Italian contenders do determines how viewers across the continent rate Serie A. As a result we must surely hope to see the peninsula’s four strongest sides entering the tournament. That means Inter, Juventus, Milan and Roma.

Those four teams have the ability, experience, prestige and financial clout to make a serious challenge in Europe’s top competition. What would happen if Genoa or Napoli did gatecrash the top four? Napoli couldn’t even automatically qualify for the UEFA Cup while Genoa’s last continental glory days are way back in the early 1990s.

It is a nice image thinking of the light blue jersey famously worn by Diego Maradona & Co as they claimed the UEFA Cup in 1989 gracing the Champions League, or Marassi packed to the rafters as ‘Zadok The Priest’ rings out around the tannoys. But at what cost would we witness those magic moments? At this elite level there is no space for sentiment or Cinderella stories.

Remember the Champions League campaigns of Fiorentina, Udinese, Lazio or Chievo? Not inspiring were they? A weak showing by a shock Champions League qualifier damages Italy’s reputation and maybe even their UEFA co-efficient. It is for that reason that I hope by Sunday night – after the next two rounds of matches – Roma are back in the top four of Serie A.

Sad but true imo!

Maybe it's better for Napoli and Genoa to start their way to becoming great teams with UEFA Cup. CL is too much for them to handle. so, for what it's worth, I hope the table at the end of the seasons looks like this:
acid911
See, I knew you'd finally understand, ZD. innocent.gif I like Napoli and Genoa (the later more because they've won 9 Scudettos) because they play in Serie A. But I fail to see what good will come out from them qualifying in the CL. First they better go an win the UEFA Cup, once or twice, make it big and then maybe come out as real contenders. The way football is now-a-days, everything happens gradually (unlike the olden times when any club could put up a big show).

Fiorentina aren't much better in the CL either, even though I like them more than these two.
Tennie
Breaking news for zeddie:

The mother of referee Roberto Rosetti has died. Rosetti will (understandably) not be refereeing this weekend and the referees who will be working will all wear black armbands. (link)

RIP Signora Rosetti. sad.gif
acid911
RIP. sad.gif
Locke Lamora
RIP.
Ry4n
R.I.P.
Tennie
A few interesting tidbits from Serie A:
* Del Piero was not called up for the Gobbi game. (big discussions on whether it's Ranieri tinkering, whether he's hurt, or whether he's being punished for throwing down his jacket). Trezeguet IS called up.
* Balotelli was not called up for 'disciplinary reasons' for the cugini. He apparently refused the call up and wants out.
* The cugini appeal against Adriano's 3-game ban was rejected.
* Palermo were going to sign Bayern's Sosa on loan...but they can't as he doesn't have an EU passport and they're over quota.
* Big bust up at Lazio after their thrashing by Cagliari. Apparently the keeper, Carrizo, really pissed everyone off and he's been put up on the sale block. He was not called up for Lazio's next game. (Note for us: the guy who will probably be playing on Sunday if things don't change is Muslera, who we put 5 past last time we played Lazio and he was in goal for them).
Fillipo Simone
Lazio have a keeper issue ever since Peruzzi...
Tennie
Napoli player Mannini has been given a 1 year ban for doping.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 07:41 PM) *
Breaking news for zeddie:

The mother of referee Roberto Rosetti has died. Rosetti will (understandably) not be refereeing this weekend and the referees who will be working will all wear black armbands. (link)

RIP Signora Rosetti. sad.gif

RIP sleep.gif
Zed.D
Brazil beat Azzurri to Amauri

Saturday 31 January, 2009

Amauri has been called up by Brazil to face Italy in February’s friendly, ending hopes of picking him for the Azzurri.

The Juventus star was born in Brazil, but is in the process of applying for Italian citizenship and said he would like to represent the peninsula at international level.

He had said he was waiting to see which of the two tacticians called him first and Carlos Dunga has decided not to waste any more time.

Dunga had originally not included Amauri in his squad for the February 10 encounter at the Emirates stadium in London.

Luis Fabiano has sustained an injury, so Amauri is called in as a replacement for his debut Selecao selection.

He's a good footballer but Italy is better off without him...

Now he will make things harder for Pato... great dry.gif
KillerMax
Heard Quag scored a stunner of a goal today against Napoli. Anyone seen it/have it?
Zed.D
http://videos.sapo.pt/IcikpEwz1elbGwwCqBlj

Check this out

what a stunner...
KillerMax
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 31 2009, 02:26 PM) *

Check this out

what a stunner...

Thanks!

Amazing goal. But I hope the commentary on that clip was not live... Those guys sounded like they were at their grandmother's funeral or something....
Zed.D
Exactly!

No doubt if a La Liga player had scored such goal, those Spanish commentators would have shouted a bit more smile.gif
Nova
Juve's second goal ... check the build up , ball was clearly out ... ah ladri !
Nova
juve losing now , 2-3 !! couple of minutes now untill the end
GULLIVER
First post from since a while..

Juve lost... I hope Milan will smash lazio as always.
Zed.D
Buffon has brought them bad luck with him!! king.gif
CrazyMilanFan
so we can go to second tommarow if we win usually we dotn take these kind of chances
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 31 2009, 10:57 PM) *
so we can go to second tommarow if we win usually we dotn take these kind of chances

That's what I'm afraid of...

But with Juve losing steam at such a fast rate I think second place is inevitable for us (hoping not to jinx it) They have lost a lot of points in these last couple of games (exept for the Fiorentina game)

Inter aren't so hot atm either, and with tough CL ties coming up for both of them and Roma I still haven't lost total faith in a miracle Scudetto win for us this season, if not that then a close second place finish and avoiding qualifiers for the CL next season, which always seem to put us on our @sses when the season wears on
CrazyMilanFan
we will avoid a UCL qualifier with 3rd as well
weeeow
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 31 2009, 07:26 PM) *

Check this out

what a stunner...

I was confused when I first saw that - it looked like a glitch on a football game! laugh.gif

Juve are struggling atm. We should take advantage of this situation!

FORZA MILAN! devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 31 2009, 11:20 PM) *
we will avoid a UCL qualifier with 3rd as well

I don't think so, 1st and 2nd go straight to group stages 3rd and 4th go through qualifiers... unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Jan 31 2009, 10:35 PM) *
First post from since a while..

Juve lost... I hope Milan will smash lazio as always.

Hey, were did you go man? It really was a long time...
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2009, 12:35 PM) *
I don't think so, 1st and 2nd go straight to group stages 3rd and 4th go through qualifiers... unsure.gif

CMF is right. the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams straight to the group stages. the 4th to the qualifying rounds.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 1 2009, 11:57 AM) *
CMF is right. the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams straight to the group stages. the 4th to the qualifying rounds.

Really? When did that change?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 1 2009, 11:12 AM) *

last year only voila had to play the qualify
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 1 2009, 03:42 PM) *

We had a similar talk about this a few months ago too.

UEFA has changed the rules a bit. I think it goes into effect from next season (CMF, this season Juve had to play in the CL's qualifying rounds too if I'm not mistaken)
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 1 2009, 12:12 PM) *

My thoughts exactly

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 1 2009, 12:37 PM) *
last year only voila had to play the qualify

Huh.. Didn't really notice, I gues when you're not in it these things go over your head wink.gif
Ry4n
Serie A match's have just begun , i hope Torino can take somthing away from Inter at the San Siro today at least a point !! biggrin.gif innocent.gif
TriniKing_CE
TORINO 1-0!!!
WOOO HOOO!!! devil.gif biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D
CrazyMilanFan
inter goal down
Ry4n
WHAT A GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INTER 1 -0 DOWN !!!!!! biggrin.gif
dst
Torino have stopped playing football, they are going to lose.
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Torino have stopped playing football, they are going to lose.

i just hope for a 1-1 innocent.gif
Nova
and 1-1 it is ... hope it says like this

roma now 1-2 winning
CrazyMilanFan
huh merda score 1-1
Ry4n
1-1 sad.gif
TriniKing_CE
And to think a frigin defender was on the line.
Absolutely pathetic! dry.gif
dst
Somebody tell Mourinho that's not a penalty... the ball was heading out of the area and the defender pulled his arm in order to avoid it... stop acting like a biatch Josephine.

Inter equalize anyway 1-1.
Nova
torino wont win this one ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.