Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Tennie
They just did. Del Piero on a penalty (Giovinco was fouled in the box). It was his 250th goal for Juve.
kurtsimonw
Congrats Alex! biggrin.gif
Tennie
FT Juve 4 - 0 Reggina.

Good result for the zebras. I'm just glad nobody got hurt, which I think is a minor miracle given that the entire second half was played in a snowstorm.

Wonder how this weather is going to affect cugini-Napoli tomorrow.
Tennie
Injury report from the peninsula:

Fiorentina defender Massimo Gobbi suffered multiple fractures to his cheekbone and jaw in training today. He collided with a (yet to be named) teammate in training, both players going up for a header. From the sound of it, he'll be out a good long while.

Juve's Mauro Camoranesi actually dislocated his shoulder in that fall he took early in the game today v. Reggina. He insisted on continuing to play and the doctors only discovered the extent of the damage at halftime. He's out until January.

There's a bit of good news for the zebras, however. Both Buffon and Trezeguet have started training again, though both are still training separately. They should be back sometime after the first of the year.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2008, 06:44 AM) *
Juve's Mauro Camoranesi actually dislocated his shoulder in that fall he took early in the game today v. Reggina. He insisted on continuing to play and the doctors only discovered the extent of the damage at halftime. He's out until January.

blink.gif It didn't look like a serious injury...

At least he scored a goal!
MizNelson
Meet Tennie, the human Serie A almanac. smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Nov 30 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Meet Tennie, the human Serie A almanac.

biggrin.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 30 2008, 04:26 AM) *

Even when he scored, you could see him waving off his teammates on the celebrations so he wouldn't jostle his shoulder. He didn't move his arm much after the injury either. That he played the full half with that sort of injury is...just wow. That must really have hurt.

As for the encyclopedia status, it's all Fishdoll's doing. Cookies to him. 96.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Even when he scored, you could see him waving off his teammates on the celebrations so he wouldn't jostle his shoulder. He didn't move his arm much after the injury either. That he played the full half with that sort of injury is...just wow. That must really have hurt.

Camo is so... tough.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 30 2008, 12:26 PM) *

So he wont be playing against Milan . Good devil.gif
Tennie
Bah. Goal Cordoba in the 16th.

The San Siro pitch looks awful, by the way. Lots of brown patches. No snow yet, however.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2008, 05:20 PM) *
Bah. Goal Cordoba in the 16th.

The San Siro pitch looks awful, by the way. Lots of brown patches. No snow yet, however.

Just tuned in ... I was worried the snow would slow down Napoli. The match just began and that 1st goal, opened it all up
Rossoneri7
WOW !! What a move by inter blink.gif
Tennie
The move R7 refers to is probably the cugini's 2nd goal, this one by Muntari in the 25th. Looks like it's going to be a long day for the ragazzi from Naples.
acid911
I want Fiorentina to win from Roma, with Gila scoring a hatrick. innocent.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2008, 07:28 PM) *
The move R7 refers to is probably the cugini's 2nd goal, this one by Muntari in the 25th. Looks like it's going to be a long day for the ragazzi from Naples.

It is. sleep.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2008, 07:28 PM) *

It is, too. sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
Lavezzi !!! devil.gif
Tennie
Lavezzi pulls one back in the 37th. Very slick backheel from Zalayeta through a forest of cugini players to Lavezzi who chips it over Julio Cesar.
acid911
1-2 Napoli. laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Napoli not playing very good. They have to make some changes if they wanna try come back.
han2503
How are Napoli doing and what's the score?
Tennie
2nd half underway. Napoli immediately with a good shot on goal, followed by a corner that's eventually cleared...but leads to a free kick. Bright start so far. No changes on either side.

(Fishdoll note to zd: Rosetti is the referee for this one).
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2008, 06:05 PM) *
How are Napoli doing and what's the score?

merda leading by 1 .. Napoli showing a lot of courage .. I hope they draw soon
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:07 PM) *
merda leading by 1 .. Napoli showing a lot of courage .. I hope they draw soon

Thanks R7, still watching the Mancs derby
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Thanks R7, still watching the Mancs derby

np .. Hows that going ?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:09 PM) *
np .. Hows that going ?

Still Man U leading by a goal, but really pressing since they have an extra man
Tennie
Goal Totti in the 59th. Roma lead Fiorentina 1-0.
Rossoneri7
Did you guys know that Napoli had retired the #10 shirt ? Well it happened after Diego, no one wore it.
Rossoneri7
Man .. Maxwell knocked down Lavezzi in the box and the ref gave Lavezzi a yellow for simulation. The replay suggests otherwise dry.gif
CrazyMilanFan
surpiring result is atlanta 2-0 lazio
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 30 2008, 04:43 PM) *

The early front runners as expected already starting to drop out.

@ R7, no how could you accuse Inter of getting favoured!! Shame on you!!!
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Goal Totti in the 59th. Roma lead Fiorentina 1-0.

Fiddlesticks. dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:21 PM) *
Did you guys know that Napoli had retired the #10 shirt ? Well it happened after Diego, no one wore it.

Of course they did. Don't say you didn't know that?

Bah, Inter win 2-1. Could have easily ended otherwise. Napoli lack something in the midfield. Hamsik isn't just enough.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 30 2008, 04:43 PM) *

I've started to like that Floccari chap. He's got something special.
But then, I've started to worship those average Serie A strikers who keep banging in 15+ goals every season. Floccari, Tiribocchi, Amoruso, Corradi...
Portman
This Inter-Napoli was probably Serie A's best match until now. Very good match, entertaining one, some goals, great opportunities. So pacey, didn't even seem like a Serie A match.
han2503
QUOTE (Portikins @ Nov 30 2008, 05:28 PM) *
This Inter-Napoli was probably Serie A's best match until now. Very good match, entertaining one, some goals, great opportunities. So pacey, didn't even seem like a Serie A match.

You're trying to make me feel bad for watching the Mancs derby aren't you?
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:32 PM) *

cool.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Nov 30 2008, 08:58 PM) *

It was a very good game. A LOT of dives too biggrin.gif you know, lots of South Americans [not that Italians don't dive but still South Americans, especially Argies, are unmatched when it comes to that].

Lavezzi was easily Napoli's best player. he's amazing IMO. Hamsik was nowhere to be seen. dry.gif Santacroce's absence certainly punished Napoli (anyone knows why he didn't play? injury? suspension?), they conceded easily. Inter's second goal was a WOW... exactly like Juve's first goal last night. Muntari's finish was class...

I can't say Napoli deserved more/Inter deserved less. fair result. dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2008, 05:32 PM) *

I almost agree with Porty. Isn't that 'nuff?
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 30 2008, 09:57 PM) *
A LOT of dives too

That Lavezzi one towards the end that earned him the yellow was the shizzle, though! tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2008, 06:46 PM) *
@ R7, no how could you accuse Inter of getting favoured!! Shame on you!!!

huh.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 30 2008, 06:59 PM) *
Of course they did. Don't say you didn't know that?

No, this is news to me !! After Maradona left, I lost interest in Napoli and the internet wasn't as diversified as today tongue.gif

But yeah .. It's great to hear it biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2008, 11:40 AM) *
Man .. Maxwell knocked down Lavezzi in the box and the ref gave Lavezzi a yellow for simulation. The replay suggests otherwise dry.gif

I remember this incident while watching the game briefly, I was extatic thinking that the ref would have done the correct thing and award the penalty. However lets just say within a matter of seconds I went from pure 'joy' to exclaiming a few words (that I may be warned of by MODs) towards the ref through the tv even though he might not have heard me! dry.gif mad.gif
Zed.D
Maxwell jostled Lavezzi but I don't think it was a penalty simply because Lavezzi exaggerated!
TriniKing_CE
Gattuso Believes That Milan Can Learn From The All Blacks
The New Zealand rugby squad visited the Rossoneri at Milanello recently after common sponsor Adidas organised the meeting.

According to Milan's feisty midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, his side can learn from New Zealand's world renowned rugby squad.

The Italian international said as much on Thursday when the All Blacks visited the Rossoneri at their training ground, Milanello.

Milan have not won in the last four games, losing their past two encounters and some experts believe that the Milan giants are falling into a slump that will seriously damage their title aspirations.

Commenting on the visiting All Black rugby squad Gattuso said, “We don't resemble the All Blacks because we're a very technical team, but maybe we should learn how to suffer like them.”

All Blacks center Richard Kahui believed that Milan will return to form soon. “It's true that we're not used to losing. But I'm sure that as such great champions, the Milan players know what to do,” Kahui said.

Milan playmaker Kaka tried kicking a rugby ball instead of the round version for once.

“It was difficult kicking the oval ball for the first time, but after a few attempts I was able to direct it where I wanted. I only started to get interested in this sport when I arrived in Italy, because in Brazil it's a sport that is hardly followed,” said the Brazilian star.

-- Peter Pedroncelli, Goal.com

Gattuso: Milan can learn from the All Blacks - GOAL.COM
kurtsimonw
blink.gif
amancik
Hopefully, we don't see a rugby shot from our players.
TriniKing_CE
Anderson's Ferguson Bombshell: I Want To Play For Mourinho At Inter
Anderson loves Italian football - Inter and their 'Special' coach in particular.

Manchester United ace Anderson has admitted that he would like to play in Italy some time in the future.

The young midfielder signed for United in 2007 in an €18 million switch from Porto. Already, though, the 20-year-old Brazilian seems to be thinking about his next step.

"I am thinking about playing in Italy," Anderson is quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"Italian football is the best in the world and the most intelligent. Every player wants to play in Serie A, because Italians are the masters of football.

"I really like Inter. I have always liked them from when Ronaldo played there. [Massimo] Moratti has always assembled great teams and Inter can win anything with the players they have.

"I will not hide myself and in future I would love to play for Mourinho at Inter.

"My dream is to be coached by Mourinho."

Anderson's remarks could see Fergie bring out the hairdryer and tell his starlet what he thinks of his ambition.

Mourinho was one of the United boss' biggest rivals when Chelsea fought the Mancunians for Premier League supremacy during the Portuguese tactician's tenure at Stamford Bridge.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

Anderson [ManUntd.] likes Inter & Mourinho - GOAL.COM
TriniKing_CE
FORWARD WITH OPTIMISM
12/5/2008 8:33:00 PM
The Rossoneri’s general manager, Adriano Galliani, present this morning at the press conference organized by Sony, analyzed with the journalists the moment that the team is going through.

MILAN – During the press conference held this morning and San Siro and organized by Sony to promote the new initiative ‘Bravia Drome’, the general manager of the Rossoneri, Adriano Galliani, replied to questions on the football topic from the numerous journalists who were present:

ON MILAN’S MOMENT AND THE STANDINGS
“I agree with Kaka when he says that Milan is not going through a crisis, because we see this also from the fact that we are second in the standings. This is a team which after two matches was last in the standings, then we made a great recovery and we arrived first, then there were not so positive results, because we won at home, but we only obtained two points in two away games. However, in football you get used to these things, therefore I hope that now another positive run awaits us.

“We just remember the last game, but Juventus have our same points, but they won the last match 4-0 and we lost it, therefore it’s different, but then it’s the league position which matters. Still it’s normal that we all remember just the last game, so if we win on Sunday we shall forget the previous game. The reality is that in four games, from one point on top we ended six points behind Inter, but I believe that sooner or later the contrary can happen.”

ON THE TRANSFER RUMOURS ABOUT THIAGO SILVA
“Thiago Silva is Brazilian, therefore he cannot be registered with Milan and for the 2009/10 market it’s too early. With regards to the transfer market in January, there will not be any market, no one will leave and no arrivals, apart from small transfers of the 24th or 25th player, but nothing important.”

ON THE DEFENCE
“Nothing worries me. Before the Lecce game we had the defence that suffered least goals in that segment. Then we suffered nine goals and everything change. Playing every three days the judgements change in excessive way, both in the positive and negative way. I don’t think that we’re unbeatable, but I don’t think that we’re that fragile. 23 years of football taught me to remain calm both when we win and both when we lose.”

ON THE ELIMINATION FROM THE COPPA ITALIA
“I was sorry to exit this competition. The Coppa Italia was our third objective, but I get angry when we lose the friendlies, therefore exiting the Coppa Italia disappoints me. We were good with one man less to take the lead, but then we made some mistakes in defence two minutes from the end. I must remind that even we scored in the final seconds, like in the Uefa Cup, at Bergamo, at home against Braga. Games last also 94 minutes, scoring in the first or last minute is indifferent for the final result, therefore we must accept serenely both the win against Braga and when we suffer a penalty two minutes from the end.”

ON THE MILAN BALANCES
“When you add important players to the squad you must adapt. Ronaldinho always played as a forward at Milan and with him in that position we passed from the last to the first place. We don’t have big tactical problems, but certainly there are some problems, but up to Lecce no one had highlighted them. We shall see if we won three or four games, if the tactical problems will still be there. All of us analyze the result to find the cause to why that result arrived. If a team loses, it must explain why it lost, but if it plays in the same way and wins, there is nothing to explain.”

Foward with Optimism - acmilan.com
TriniKing_CE
24th or 25th player ? huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.