Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 8 2008, 10:28 PM) *
Meanwhile Inter was held to a 0-0 draw with Sevilla at home.

That was the Amsterdam trophy
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 8 2008, 08:31 PM) *
That was the Amsterdam trophy

Correction noted. I wasn't really following it.
Rossoneri7
Ambro sees Milan 'handicap'

Massimo Ambrosini realises the new Milan will need time to gel, but believes when the time comes they will be world class.

“We have had very little time to train together and this is a significant handicap for the team,” said the midfielder ahead of today’s friendly with Manchester City.

“At the moment we are basically missing an entire section of the side. However, the quality in this squad is so high that soon we will entertain the fans.

“We are curious to see what our potential really is and to train with Ronaldinho. We want to win and work hard, so Milan will do well.”

The injury crisis has hit the forward line hard, as Marco Borriello, Kaka and Pippo Inzaghi are sidelined with Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato on Olympic duty.

This meant Ambrosini had to improvise as a striker in the humiliating 5-0 drubbing by Chelsea in the Russian Railways Cup.

With Alessandro Nesta and Kakha Kaladze also injured in defence, Milan have hinted Ambro could be used as a centre-back too.

“Adriano Galliani and Carlo Ancelotti explained the situation to me. In an eventual state of emergency, I have the characteristics to play in defence and I gave my availability in that sense,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“If the team is in trouble, you must not hold back. Besides, Esteban Cambiasso played centre-back for Inter, too.

“I was curious at the talk over my position, as it can be gratifying to know you are considered important in a number of different roles. However, I remain what I am – a midfielder.”

The Milan derby has been placed in Week 5 of the Serie A fixture list and will see Jose Mourinho clash with Ancelotti.

“It’ll be entertaining. They respect each other, but also have a ferocious desire to win. I like Mourinho, he has an intelligent way of provoking debate that never goes over the line. Inter are the rivals to beat for the Scudetto.”

Football Italia
nuh
ambro is rht we will need some time to jell and this would of been the rht time but players are out.....we signed about 6-8 player and if we sign a defender it will be 7-9 soo i wouldn'tbe suprised if our first couple of games we play crap football
Rossoneri7
Ambrosini: "We have to beat inter to win the Scudetto, I will play as a defender!"

Gazzetta dello Sport interviewed Milan's midfield general and future captain, Massimo Ambrosini. He talked about the new season and about the possibility of him playing as a center back.

Q. After playing as a midfielder for so long now, you might be fielded as a center back ?

Massimo: "Galliani and Ancelotti have made the circumstances clear to me, in case of emergencies I have the characteristics to play in defense, and it is from this perspective that I confirm my ability in doing such a task. When the team is in trouble we must not forfeit but make due with what we have, even Cambiasso in inter plays as a center back from time to time."

Q. What was your feeling upon hearing that your role in teh team might change ?

Massimo: "I felt flattered, also tranquil when you look up to people like Ancelotti and then he has faith in you playing in such a role, but I will remain as I am: a midfielder."

Q. There are a lot of question marks hovering over the new Milan team ?

Massimo: " We haven't trained a lot together, and this serves as a big disadvantage. Now we are in need of organization in our training methods, but the overall technical quality of this team is very big and soon we will show the fans, we are looking forward and eager to show ourselves in full strength, and especially with Ronaldinho, we want to do well and win. Milan will be great!"

Q. Flamini resembles Pirlo, Ambrosini or Gattuso more ?

Massimo: "He has characteristics from the three, and he has the technical skill, physical strength and the right timing to go forward, he will be very helpful."

Q. How do you see the derby between Ancelotti and Mourinho ?

Massimo: "Beautiful, they will meet and will have the desire to fight, Mourinho is a nice person: He has a clever way in provoking debate but he must not go overboard, inter are our main competitors for the Scudetto and so we will have to beat them."
Tennie
Thanks for posting those, R7. It's interesting to see how different media outlets will translate the same interview and what sort of spin they'll put on things.
kurtsimonw
Thanks for posting.

This interview spells the end for our transfer window for me. Well, I don't think we'll be bringing in a CB. I think Amrbo has been told to say these things as a way of preparing fans that he'll probably be playing CB at some point next season, so they can make it seem as though he is a CB as well. dry.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 9 2008, 10:57 AM) *
Thanks for posting.

This interview spells the end for our transfer window for me. Well, I don't think we'll be bringing in a CB. I think Amrbo has been told to say these things as a way of preparing fans that he'll probably be playing CB at some point next season, so they can make it seem as though he is a CB as well. dry.gif

+ 1
kurtsimonw
Weren't sure where to put it.. do Milan have any other friendlies? I'm sure we must have but can't remember any.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 10 2008, 12:02 AM) *
Weren't sure where to put it.. do Milan have any other friendlies? I'm sure we must have but can't remember any.

Trofeo Berlusconi, and one against Sporting Gijon (don't ask why cause I don't know lol)... I think there may be another I'm forgetting.

Edit: I said Sporting Dijon... obviously I was thinking about mustard.
Tennie
Trofeo Berlusconi against the Zebras.

The Birra trophy in Naples with the Zebras and Napoli.

The friendly with Sporting Gijon (which is a liga club in northwestern Spain. it's where David Villa first played).
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 10 2008, 12:30 AM) *
Trofeo Berlusconi against the Zebras.

The Birra trophy in Naples with the Zebras and Napoli.

The friendly with Sporting Gijon (which is a liga club in northwestern Spain. it's where David Villa first played).

Zebras? Heheh... I usually call them inmates/prisoners...

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpictu...10VIETNAM,0.jpg

wink.gif
kurtsimonw
The inmates, I like it. biggrin.gif
KillerMax
The inmates... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 12:46 AM) *
Zebras? Heheh... I usually call them inmates/prisoners...

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpictu...10VIETNAM,0.jpg

wink.gif

Juventus present post calciopoli kit biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
Tottenham and Roma just kicked off
Rossoneri7
OMG !!! Goal by Bentley from a freekick !! the Gkeeper thought it was gonna get headed, but it just went in
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2008, 04:09 PM) *
OMG !!! Goal by Bentley from a freekick !! the Gkeeper thought it was gonna get headed, but it just went in

Who's on goal? Doni?
Rossoneri7
Another goal for Tottenham !! ohmy.gif

Spurs are cutting through Roma's defense like a hot knife through butter !

5 min into the game and Roma are down by 2 !
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 10 2008, 05:10 PM) *
Who's on goal? Doni?

no a reserve
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2008, 04:11 PM) *
no a reserve

Oh, that makes sense,..

Well, I have a feeling Tottenham might surprise us all this year. Is Luka Modric playing?
Fillipo Simone
10/08/2008 11:06

Mourinho Is Not Invincible - Terim

Former Milan and Fiorentina coach Fatih Terim believes that Jose Mourinho’s Inter side are favourites for the Scudetto but he insists the ‘Special One’ is not invincible.

The coach, who spent two years in Serie A, has spoken about all things calcio and he has given his views on the top four’s chances for Scudetto glory this term.

The Turkey coach began with Inter, who are the bookies favourites to retain their Serie A crown.

“Inter are the favourites if they have the best [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic at their disposal,” Terim told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“Mourinho? I heard about the verbal fight with [Claudio] Ranieri, the Inter coach has always been a fighter.

“I remember when he was at Chelsea and all the scuffles with Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson.

“His might just be a tactic. Mourinho raises the tension to keep the reality of work alive.

“However, no-one is invincible. Ranieri? He’s a good man, I like him.

“Behind Inter there is Milan, they have a fierce attacking line up, Pato, Ronaldinho and Kaka form the perfect attacking trident.

“Juve? Their secret is Buffon. I like Amauri as well because he has a sense of goal and he is powerful.

“As for Fiorentina, Gilardino and Mutu will form a great attacking partnership, perhaps, the strongest in the world.

“Fiorentinta have always been strong but now they are even stronger.

“Roma? Spalletti has had the courage to start something new their and they will be amongst the protagonists.”

All the Scudetto challengers have done well on the transfer market this year.

Milan have made their objectives clear and Inter can expect a hard fight for the Tricolore as the big guns battle for glory next term.

Terim enjoyed a mixed career in Serie A. After a good start with Fiorentina, some clashes with the then president, Vittorio Cecchi Gori, led to his exit.

At Milan, a run of poor results cost him his job.

Another poorly composed Goal.com article but it's interesting to read what Terim said and how all the outside comments carefully talk about Milan..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 10 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Oh, that makes sense,..

Well, I have a feeling Tottenham might surprise us all this year. Is Luka Modric playing?

yeah ... Tottenham have a full competitive team playing ... But so do Roma, all they are missing is Doni and Totti ...

But both goals, they went in so easy dry.gif
Rossoneri7
Bentley with the third for Tottenham ... This is getting ridiculous
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Bentley with the third for Tottenham ... This is getting ridiculous

Roma apparently have some severe defensive issues... this is looking worse than the game we had against Chelsea. And Roma have a proper line-up.
Rossoneri7
Lennon with #4 dry.gif
Rossoneri7
Bent with the 5th
Fillipo Simone
They are getting trashed just like that? What's the defensive line-up?
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 10 2008, 03:20 PM) *
They are getting trashed just like that? What's the defensive line-up?

I sure hope Mexes just stayed home... because if he is playing... he's like one of my favorite defenders I'd like to see at Milan in the future...

I really hope he is not playing... sad.gif

5-0... this is worse than what happened to us... and the game isn't even over. Its like at what? The 55th minute?
Zed.D
Oh my GOD! Tottenham's scored 5?? ohmy.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 10 2008, 03:26 PM) *
Oh my GOD! Tottenham's scored 5?? ohmy.gif

Roma has a proper line-up so there cannot be excuses for this.... our line-up was lop-sided...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 07:59 PM) *
Roma has a proper line-up so there cannot be excuses for this.... our line-up was lop-sided...

What a shame... looks like only Inter and to some extent Juve are having an alright pre-season.
Zed.D
Are Roma the home side? unsure.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 10 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Are Roma the home side? unsure.gif

No. I believe this is taking place in Tottenham's stadium.
kurtsimonw
5-0? laugh.gif

Man, Tottenham have been doing well in pre-season and they're being hyped up to finish 4th.. wait, didn't we all hear this last season too? When they just failed miserably. I'll wait until I see the likes of Dos Santos and Modric play our christmas program, 11 games in about 45 days in the freezing cold and rain, like Man City and Arsenal last season, the imports don't cope too well with it, we'll have to see.

Though I think our lineup was pretty strong, so we don't exactly have more excuses than Roma, we should be better than them anyway.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 10 2008, 08:11 PM) *
I'll wait until I see the likes of Dos Santos and Modric play our christmas program, 11 games in about 45 days in the freezing cold and rain, like Man City and Arsenal last season, the imports don't cope too well with it, we'll have to see.

That's a good point.
Giancarlo
5-0. Ended. In respects, a worse result than the one we had, because Roma had a full line-up.

Roma has more problems than we do. They have problems with attack and obviously defense.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug10j.html

The Spanish media report that Julio Baptista has agreed a move to Roma and will be in the peninsula to complete the transfer on Monday.

----

If this is true, it couldn't come any sooner for Roma. It's a must right now for them. They have to get Baptista or be in trouble.
Rossoneri7
For those who think Milan are in trouble, think again.

Milan played MUCH BETTER. Milan never bended over during any game, let that be Chelsea or City. Milan always put up a fight, given the fact that it is missing almost half the squad, namely Kaka' and Nesta to injury.

With Roma played with a FULL STRENGTH side, which consisted of a central pairing of Mexes and Juan at the back. Tottenham cut through then like a hot knife through butter !! No joke !

Ah well, this is just preseason, why am I getting worked up ... I should take Arsenal as an example, the team that huffs and puffs in preseason and the beginning of the league, then runs flat on its face.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Ah well, this is just preseason, why am I getting worked up ... I should take Arsenal as an example, the team that huffs and puffs in preseason and the beginning of the league, then runs flat on its face.

Reminds me of Barcelona. 6-2, 5-1 wins in pre-season... great start to the season... seem like they are on top of the world... and suddenly they implode towards the middle/end of the season. That's happened like the last two seasons for them.

I think Roma can only improve, but I've read De Rossi and Mexes made several errors...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug10m.html
kurtsimonw
Roma were terrible, they gifted Spurs most the goals. I think most teams would have beaten them at least 3-0 on that performance.
Portman
Chelsea 5-0 Milan
Tottenham 5-0 Roma

Though we're in pre-season... this is a shame for Serie A. 3-0 max would be acceptable... 5 is abuse.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 11 2008, 03:37 AM) *
Chelsea 5-0 Milan
Tottenham 5-0 Roma

Though we're in pre-season... this is a shame for Serie A. 3-0 max would be acceptable... 5 is abuse.

Difference is, Milan lost 0-5 without having an A-team on the pitch to a team that reached the CL final just months ago. While Roma lost 0-5 with an A team, and by spreading its cheeks wide open!

Results don't tell you the whole story alone. Nonetheless, it doesn't really matter now. I am comforted by the fact that the English are much more ahead in terms of fitness and all, so it is only natural.

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 11 2008, 05:35 AM) *
Difference is, Milan lost 0-5 without having an A-team on the pitch to a team that reached the CL final just months ago. While Roma lost 0-5 with an A team, and by spreading its cheeks wide open!

Results don't tell you the whole story alone. Nonetheless, it doesn't really matter now. I am comforted by the fact that the English are much more ahead in terms of fitness and all, so it is only natural.

Roma usually does have much trouble with english teams, and Spalletti used to loose competetive matches with 5 goals in his teams net also, right... cool.gif

So,...their loss is more tragic, I agree. Not only that Roma played with a better line-up, but they played against a slightly easier opponent.
Jack Sparrow
Juande Ramos's team? Easy? Nope. At one time, I wanted him to succeed Carletto. When Carletto was sure to be coaching the Azzuri... rolleyes.gif Will be interesting to see Spurs this season. They'll be very strong in a few years.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 11 2008, 11:36 AM) *
Juande Ramos's team? Easy? Nope. At one time, I wanted him to succeed Carletto. When Carletto was sure to be coaching the Azzuri... rolleyes.gif Will be interesting to see Spurs this season. They'll be very strong in a few years.

Yes, I know, I didn't meant easy team, I meant easier then Chelsea.
Jack Sparrow
Hmm...yeah Chelsea have bigger players. But you know what they say...it's not the size, it's how you use it. tongue.gif
GrinReaper
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 11 2008, 04:13 PM) *
Yes, I know, I didn't meant easy team, I meant easier then Chelsea.

On paper, yes. But I think Ramos is a better tactician than Scolari. But, then, tactics hardly help in the EPL tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
I think Ramos being a proper club manager in the big league and in Europe for so long, will also be better than Scolari, in managing schedules, injuries and generally drilling his team.

But Scolari is more wily and has more tricks up his sleeve, I would think.
Tennie
(With thanks to dinhonumber1 at the sky.it forums)

FESTA IN CASA NERAZZURRA.SI FESTEGGIANO I 44 ANNI E 3 MESI DALLA ULTIMA LORO VITTORIA CHAMPIONS.UN VERO RECOORD.UN DOVEROSO AUGURIO DA PARTE DI TUTTI I FRATELLI ROSSONERI KE UN GIORNO POTRANNO DIRE,IO C'ERO!!! AUGURI!!!

[Party at the home of the Nerazzurri. They're celebrating 44 years and 3 months since their last CL victory. A real record. Sincere wishes from all the Rossoneri brothers who one day can say 'I was there'.]

(It's funny in Italian even if it might not translate too well).
Fillipo Simone
laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.