Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Jako19
eww.. adriano is back
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jako19 @ Jul 18 2008, 09:31 PM) *
eww.. adriano is back

Yep, and look at his face. He reminds me of some cartoon character, but I cannot recall who.. dry.gif
dst
That's not a bad jersey but I do not particularly like it, I prefer more stripes.
But the colors... always so lame...

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 18 2008, 10:49 PM) *
Yep, and look at his face. He reminds me of some cartoon character, but I cannot recall who.. dry.gif

In that picture, he reminds me of Arseface.

By the way, is it just me or does Zanetti look like old time footballers? His face is like those you see in black and white pictures.
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2008, 09:27 PM) *
By the way, is it just me or does Zanetti look like old time footballers? His face is like those you see in black and white pictures.

Haha yeah he looks like G.I Joe laugh.gif laugh.gif

Is it me or does it look like Morinhio wants to do somthing else with the t shirt perhaps wear it as a skirt tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2008, 11:27 PM) *
That's not a bad jersey but I do not particularly like it, I prefer more stripes.
But the colors... always so lame...

In that picture, he reminds me of Arseface.

Adriano.. laugh.gif ..but there was another villian, with such a big body and a small head, just the same shape, and exactly does eyebrows..just can't recall who. Arrgghhh.. mad.gif

Zanetti?

Totally! Yes, exactly the same with me...something like this...
Habitant
the real new Inter jersey.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

thumbup.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif
milanista1899
^^ laugh.gif I wish it was, that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Think it's about time they had a really awful kit. devilsmiley.gif On the plus side they'd save on toilet paper! tongue.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 18 2008, 11:57 PM) *
i find it looks nice on the players

Their away is nice. way better than what they wore last season.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 19 2008, 09:10 AM) *
Their away is nice. way better than what they wore last season.

Oh yeah I did not notice the color on the shorts... it's nice!
milanista1899
I think they're trying to copy us with the gold lettering thing, I'm sure we had it before them. How do you think it'd look if we had bwin in gold? unsure.gif
Portman
Blue socks? Geez.
Devillito
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 20 2008, 03:06 AM) *
Blue socks? Geez.

+1
It's so GAY!!! laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Blue socks looks a little weird, but generally a nice kit overall. Think the gold Pirelli looks nice.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 19 2008, 09:01 PM) *
Blue socks looks a little weird, but generally a nice kit overall. Think the gold Pirelli looks nice.

They've ruined the kit once again.

Inter kit was always (or almost) with black shorts and socks. Just like Porto with white socks and now Nike decided to give them blue socks.

milanista1899
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 19 2008, 09:39 PM) *
They've ruined the kit once again.

Inter kit was always (or almost) with black shorts and socks. Just like Porto with white socks and now Nike decided to give them blue socks.

At least it's one of their 2 colours, I don't like the fact that we play with white shorts & socks - IMO they should either be black (preferable) or red. In fact once or twice we've had a red shirt (got an image in my head of Rui in it) as the 3rd or 4th kit - would like to see that again. smile.gif cool.gif
Locke Lamora
I agree with Portikins and milanista, Inter, Juve and Milan all look much better in black shorts and socks.
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jul 19 2008, 11:08 PM) *
I agree with Portikins and milanista, Inter, Juve and Milan all look much better in black shorts and socks.

I prefer the white shorts and socks.
But I mean, traditionally Milan play with white shorts + black socks. Inter black/black. Juve white/white.

This season Nike ruined Inter and Juve kits by giving blue/black socks.

Maybe I'm too traditional in these matters.
Habitant
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 19 2008, 06:25 PM) *
I think they're trying to copy us with the gold lettering thing, I'm sure we had it before them. How do you think it'd look if we had bwin in gold? unsure.gif

it's not like we have a copyright on using gold lettering (+ they've added some gold trim as well). we dint even use gold last year and other teams like barca and nike based team use it.

if inter put more stripes it would look amazing.

not a fan of the juve jerseys. the one they had when they were in serie b was awesome.

ours is pretty nice but once again they seem to just stop at that. theres so much they can do to make our jersey look amazing, especially they away and they seems to stop midway. but at least its is 100X times better than last years.

Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 20 2008, 12:33 AM) *
I prefer the white shorts and socks.
But I mean, traditionally Milan play with white shorts + black socks. Inter black/black. Juve white/white.

This season Nike ruined Inter and Juve kits by giving blue/black socks.

Maybe I'm too traditional in these matters.

I'll admit that my knowledge of Serie A kit tradition is vague at best, but I think black shorts to go with black stripes look awesome, very dynamic and aggressive.
F355 EDK
kinda feel nauseous looking at the dark red/brown on the away. then again when it comes to inter nausea is a regular occurence puke.gif FM
milanista1899
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jul 19 2008, 11:59 PM) *
it's not like we have a copyright on using gold lettering (+ they've added some gold trim as well). we dint even use gold last year and other teams like barca and nike based team use it.

No, but I just thought we had the idea before them, or did they have it the same year as us for their centenary year with the scudetto on it? unsure.gif . Their gold trim is nothing compared to our piping on the 06/07. No and I think we should have done sad.gif Didn't know that.
milanista1899
QUOTE (F355 EDK @ Jul 20 2008, 01:46 AM) *
kinda feel nauseous looking at the dark red/brown on the away. then again when it comes to inter nausea is a regular occurence puke.gif FM

There's red & brown on the away? huh.gif maybe I'm going blind, I can't see it on the pic above. Sounds very strange, glad I can't see it biggrin.gif Very true, wish there was some kind of fast acting antidote to it, other than looking at red & black and singing "Milano siamo noi" when we know it's true! devilsmiley.gif

Don't think the blue socks look bad at all, just makes them stand out more & offsets the blue on the shirt.

@ Portykins: It has been a tradition as you say with the white shorts & socks, just can't think why other than the white with the red cross unsure.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 19 2008, 01:50 PM) *
Oh yeah I did not notice the color on the shorts... it's nice!

Yeah, it's brown, so what? it's cool tongue.gif [I said it's better than the ugly away they wore last season] why brown? I think they wanted to match the color of the shorts with the color of the badge wink.gif

(I have to admit, I like their badge. I hope I don't get killed for it, but it's class)
LaPalma
Guys...this a football related topic! Open a fashion thread elsewhere if you want to....

tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 21 2008, 09:01 AM) *
Yeah, it's brown, so what? it's cool tongue.gif [I said it's better than the ugly away they wore last season] why brown? I think they wanted to match the color of the shorts with the color of the badge wink.gif

(I have to admit, I like their badge. I hope I don't get killed for it, but it's class)

Brown should be there... cause it's the color of... merda! wink.gif

As for the badge... I don't like it. I don't like totally round badges.

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 21 2008, 12:35 PM) *
Guys...this a football related topic! Open a fashion thread elsewhere if you want to....

Milan... fashion... these go together...
Portman

Their symbol is not bad but our... our is just the best out there.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 21 2008, 02:04 PM) *

king.gif
Mook
It certainly is! cool.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Brown should be there... cause it's the color of... merda! wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well said
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 21 2008, 03:34 PM) *

Of course! but I think a redesign would make it even better.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 22 2008, 12:14 PM) *

stop.gif
I beg to differ.
I think it should always stay as it is! - Classic
Portman
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 22 2008, 05:14 PM) *

No, no and no.

Juventus just did that because it was just too ugly.
milanista1899
We already did. I think it was 98/99, before that it was Milan at the top not ACM. Much better now tongue.gif
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 23 2008, 01:31 AM) *
No, no and no.

Oh, didn't know they changed theirs.
Portman
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 23 2008, 01:51 AM) *

They changed after the death of Gianni Agnelli. 2003-2004
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:51 PM) *

Yeah, some time back 2004-2005 I believe, I didn't like it at first (prefered the original), but it grew on me now; seems normal to me now.
Zed.D
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 22 2008, 09:46 PM) *
stop.gif
I beg to differ.
I think it should always stay as it is! - Classic

QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 23 2008, 05:01 AM) *
No, no and no.

Maybe...

QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jul 23 2008, 05:21 AM) *
We already did. I think it was 98/99, before that it was Milan at the top not ACM. Much better now tongue.gif

Really? I didn't know that.
Tennie
The Serie A calendar will be announced Friday. It's going to be shown live on RAI due (for those who get it).
Zed.D
I can't wait for it! I hope we face either Juve or Inter within the first five matchdays.
Ry4n
Here's some funny news laugh.gif laugh.gif

'Paranoid' Mou infuriates fans Wednesday 23 July, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jose Mourinho was jeered by Inter fans after locking them out of a training session to “avoid scouts from opposition clubs.”

The Nerazzurri supporters are unaccustomed to being kept out of pre-season training and many travel great distances to see their favourite players at work.

So when Mourinho ordered the gates locked at the Riscone di Brunico camp this afternoon, he was jeered and greeted with protests.

The situation degenerated so much that the Coach had to release an official statement on the club website to calm them down.

“I have a great, great deal of respect for the fans and even at Appiano Gentile last week we opened the session to the public,” explained Mourinho.

“However, we know that among the many Nerazzurri supporters who came here to show their affection to the team, there are also many scouts and representatives of other clubs, who during the course of the season may well be our opponents.

“Therefore, as for the first time we were testing out a few tactical situations from set plays and tomorrow we are playing our first friendly, I decided to have this training session behind closed doors.

“This is the only reason behind my choice and the Inter fans need to know that.”

Inter face Al Hilal on Thursday with kick-off at 17.00, UK time.

Channel 4 news

Great Job Jose keep it up !!

Com on Hilal kick some butt wink.gif

Link:http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul23p.html
Jack Sparrow
^^

Yes I read that too. He really does want to beat us this season. And I'm sure that's what he's been told. Wherever you finish, finish above Milan. biggrin.gif Looks to be an interesting season.
Zed.D
He's started it rolleyes.gif at least he's trying not to be boring. that's good.
Jack Sparrow
^^

biggrin.gif I suppose you must take that as a plus point. Now if only all this would convert to increased television coverage.
Portman
Sources in Italy say that Inter is about to buy Sulley Muntari from Portsmouth. 14M/euros.

Another good add for them. Young, strong, worker and a good midfielder (box-to-box), a Mourinho-type of player.
Tennie
I liked Muntari when he played for Udine. He's good -- but he's no Quaresma or, for that matter, Lampard, who the Italian press think are no longer targets for the merda.
Habitant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 24 2008, 09:29 PM) *
I liked Muntari when he played for Udine. He's good -- but he's no Quaresma or, for that matter, Lampard, who the Italian press think are no longer targets for the merda.

i dont think they'll get quaresma now that they have mancini.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 24 2008, 09:29 PM) *

Can't compare those players. It's like comparing Giggs with Gerrard or Kaka'. Completely different positions.

Quaresma? He wants to leave (he wanted last year too) but Porto demmands are really high. We'll see.
CrazyMilanFan
muntari will be gud but i think even with him they still have a hole in their midfield
Jack Sparrow
Me too. Looks like Inter will be striker centric team again. With their mid-field mostly to add muscle.
dst
Mexes in carjack nightmare
Friday 25 July, 2008

Roma defender Philippe Mexes is recovering from a terrifying ordeal after armed robbers stole his car with his young daughter in the back seat.

The French international returned to his home in Axa-Casal Palocco with his family at 11.50pm last night after eating out in Rome.

But just after wife Carla and four-year-old son Enzo got out of the car, two armed men confronted the Giallorossi ace.

After a scuffle, the thieves escaped with Mexes’ Mercedes, unaware that his two-year-old daughter Eva was still asleep in the back seat.

Mexes immediately called the police and a desperate search began for the car in the surrounding area.

Fortunately, the vehicle was found abandoned in Piazza Eschilo in Rome with Eva unharmed and a relieved Mexes was reunited with his daughter.

channel4

Sh*t, that must have been terrifying!
han2503
The Serie A/B calender will de draw today at 17:30 Italian time. As Tennie said in a previous post whoeve has Rai Due will be able to watch it live.

Hopefully we won't get any tough fixtures from the very beginning, I would like to see us building some sort of momentum before we face any of the bigger clubs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.