Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
Bluesummers
LOL, samp own us and inter. What next juve getting owned?laugh.gif
TriniKing_CE
Inter Would Be Fourth Without Refereeing Errors - Study
The table would look quite a bit different if there had been no refereeing mistakes this term, according to one study in Italy...
4 Mar 2009 18:17:12
The refereeing controversy in Italy has flared up again as a result of the recent 3-3 draw between Inter and Roma as well as comments made after the match by a number of interested parties.

According to a survey conducted by Observations on Arbitration Errors, in collaboration with Adiconsum, since the beginning of the 2008-09 campaign, 171 points would have been rearranged due to the 163 officiating mistakes.

The hypothetical rankings have Milan at the top of the standings with 53 points, plus five from their current tally, while the Fiorentina, would be in second spot with 51.

Meanwhile, Juventus would fall one place into third, having benefited from a few refereeing decisions this term and Inter would lose a rather significant 11 points from their current status, dropping down to fourth place.

Of course, this is just one study with it's own limitations, but certainly it's findings will fuel the criticism of the officiating throughout the peninsula.

Reffing Errors in Italy - goal.com
kurtsimonw
I don't like things like this, it's impossible to say. Errors are made all the time, even something as simple as a throw-in given the wrong way will completely change the rest of a game, same goes for free-kicks given/not given. Impossible I tells ya.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 5 2009, 07:43 PM) *
I don't like things like this, it's impossible to say. Errors are made all the time, even something as simple as a throw-in given the wrong way will completely change the rest of a game, same goes for free-kicks given/not given. Impossible I tells ya.

Agreed, it'd be much easier to just dump Inter down into Serie B and be rid of the source of the problem at once.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Mar 5 2009, 06:38 PM) *

ohh hooo carlo and gallaini got a new excuse dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
I don't think it's completely an invalid excuse. wink.gif Maybe I wouldn't go so far as to say Inter must be fourth. But I will insist their lead wouldn't be so huge as it is now, if everyone got the same treatment.
Ry4n
Three games tomorow !

Stadio: Olimpico

Kick off CET:15:00 AS Roma - Udinese

Roma lost the last game they played against Udinese away at the Stadio Friuli the score was 3-1

Channel 4 Preview link

--------------------------------------------
Stadio: Luigi Ferraris

Kick off CET:17:00 Genoa - inter

Genoa drew there last game 0-0 against inter away at the San Siro ( same again please or even better win smile.gif )

Channel 4 Priview link

--------------------------------------------
Stadio: Stadio Olimpico di Torino

Kick off CET:19:30 Torino - juventus

Torino lost there last game against juventus away at the Stadio Olimpico di Torino.

Channel 4 Preview link
MizNelson
Inter Would Be Fourth Without Refereeing Errors - Study

This is the second time in three seasons that this issue has come up. Both instances, interestingly enough, Milan were out of the Scudetto race and mired in a double-digit points deficit to Inter.
Tennie
Thing is, Miz, the article appeared in a Rome paper, not a Milan paper. Milan aren't leading the charge of 'Inter's getting reffing favors' this time.
Tennie
EDIT: Actually, Channel 4 put it more nicely than I did.

Milan veteran Paolo Maldini refuses to enter the Jose Mourinho controversy but comments “for every trophy he has lifted, I have won five.”

Mourinho has caused outrage in the peninsula with disparaging comments at the expense of Milan, Roma and Juventus.

“I don't really want to prolong this exchange of insults,” Maldini said in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“After all, it seems like Mourinho was harsher towards Juventus. But I just want to say that it doesn't work well for him when we look at trophies won.

“As far as I am concerned, during my years at Milan for every trophy he has lifted I have won five."

Jack Sparrow
This is just another case of the media putting words in people's mouths. I hope Mou is smart enough to realise that if he responds to this, by insulting Maldini there will be hell to pay. Maldini is a national treasure and the papers would tear into him for it.

Sacchi's on Mou's side so it's not like Mou's all alone. I just think Jose should realise that Italy's got a different culture, and you don't go around calling people out. His team is doing well, why doesn't he just leave his talking on the field.

He started this feud with the media anyway. They liked him till he did the Ranieri - 'old man' stunt. Also when he refused to attend the media briefing saying this is how it's done in England.
dst
I don't believe this is Maldini's exact words. He would not say something like this that way, if at all!
Tennie
Actually, dst, they are. Here's a link to the gazzetta article. link
dst
Is this from an interview to Gazzetta?
Tennie
Yep.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 6 2009, 05:25 PM) *
Yep.

Well... he's God... I will blindly follow him! biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, God and Devil...
MizNelson
QUOTE (Maldini)
“[For] every trophy he has lifted, I have won five.”

Gold.

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 6 2009, 07:53 AM) *
Well... he's God... I will blindly follow him! biggrin.gif

*sings Little Peggy March's "I Will Follow Him" biggrin.gif
Locke Lamora
Tardelli: Mou's no Mancini... Saturday 7 March, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republic of Ireland assistant manager Marco Tardelli slammed Jose Mourinho, as “Inter played better under Roberto Mancini.”

Jose Mourinho has dominated headlines over the last week for his outlandish statements and disappointing performances against Roma and Sampdoria.

“It’s nothing new. This is a Coach who, generally, takes it out on someone if things go wrong,” said Tardelli in the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“In this case he’s not the problem, it’s the media. I’ve never seen so much grovelling to a Coach before. Perhaps now a few people are starting to change their tune.

“Mourinho is very intelligent and knows how to sell himself, but he’s wrong in the way he acts. [Giovanni] Trapattoni never attacked a colleague.”

It’s not just the Press conferences that irritated former Inter boss Tardelli, as the performances haven’t impressed him either.

“They played better under Mancini, but who can say Mourinho doesn’t get results? I think he has a good chance of going through to the next round of the Champions League.

“Manchester United may have wasted a great opportunity at San Siro and it will be different at Old Trafford. I’ve give it 50-50.”

Tardelli represented Juventus for many years and is keeping an eye on the other Italian contenders in Europe.

“Juve didn’t take enough risks against Chelsea. They deserved a draw and have the mentality to go through, although they are missing a creative force in midfield.

“Roma deserved to beat Inter on Sunday and it’s a shame [Francesco] Totti has such a huge impact, both in a good and a bad way, on the rest of the team. [Marco] Motta has been an excellent signing.”

Tardelli and Trapattoni come face to face with Marcello Lippi’s Italy on April 1 for a World Cup qualifier.

Amauri’s wife has just taken Italian citizenship, so the striker is a step closer to becoming an Azzurri star.

“I would leave him to Brazil. We will play with our heads held high.”

channel 4.com

That is in so many words exactly how I feel.

Ry4n
AS Roma 1 : 1 Udinese

54' Felipe Dias Dal Belo scored for Udinese

61' Mirko Vucinic scored for Roma

68' Daniele De Rossi red carded
Tennie
So there are 3 games in Serie A today. Two have already taken place.

Roma 1 -1 Udinese, as R4an mentions above.

Genoa 0 - 2 cugini. Doubts as to whether the goal crossed the line on one goal and a really nasty foul by Balotelli on Sculli that wasn't called.
Tennie
Today's third game is the Turin derby (Toro are the deisgnated home team).

It's scoreless in the 14th. So far it's been a pretty even game, with both sides having chances. I think Toro's have been slightly better.
MizNelson
If the media didn't overreact to everything Mourinho said, maybe he'd shut up for five minutes. They're as responsible as he is for any "controversy" that ensues over whatever he says.
Tennie
So the Gobbi won the derby. Chiellini goal in the 81st. Even so, Toro's Matteo Sereni was probably man of the match. He was amazing.
kurtsimonw
What did De Rossi do to get sent off? I notice he gained his first yellow card in the 68th minute, then was also sent off in the 68th minute.
Tennie
He got the second for protest, Kurt. I was making coffee at the time so just heard the commentary. didn't see exactly what happened.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 7 2009, 09:08 PM) *
He got the second for protest, Kurt.

In other words, two technicals and he's out. smile.gif
vahid
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 7 2009, 11:48 PM) *
So the Gobbi won the derby. Chiellini goal in the 81st. Even so, Toro's Matteo Sereni was probably man of the match. He was amazing.

I said that before!
he deserves to be the third choice GK for national team.
kurtsimonw
Is that the same Sereni that played for Ipswich? blink.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Is that the same Sereni that played for Ipswich? blink.gif

Yes. If he was bad when he did it's probably because most Italians cannot function without their mama's pasta! tongue.gif
Tennie
^^ Re Sereni: He was given a rating of 8 for the game, even though he conceded that goal. That's how good he was.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Yes. If he was bad when he did it's probably because most Italians cannot function without their mama's pasta! tongue.gif

He wasn't bad at all actually, I just thought he was very old when he went to Ipswich so I thought he'd be retired now!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 8 2009, 07:06 PM) *
He wasn't bad at all actually, I just thought he was very old when he went to Ipswich so I thought he'd be retired now!

Ah alright. He turned 34 last month.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 8 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Ah alright. He turned 34 last month.

Nowhere near as old as I thought, in fact he'd have only been in his late 20s at Ipswich. He must look bad for his age!
Tennie

So, Bari are back in first place in Serie B. They won today's game against 4th place Sassuolo 3-1 and are two points clear of Livorno, who drew yesterday and 4 points clear of Parma, who also drew. Triestina have moved up to fifth and Brescia are in sixth.

Young Alberto did NOT start for Parma this week (came on fairly early in the second half).
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2009, 12:21 AM) *

So, Bari are back in first place in Serie B. They won today's game against 4th place Sassuolo 3-1 and are two points clear of Livorno, who drew yesterday and 4 points clear of Parma, who also drew. Triestina have moved up to fifth and Brescia are in sixth.

Young Alberto did NOT start for Parma this week (came on fairly early in the second half).

Am I very wrong if I say you have the same relationship to Bari as I have to Chievo?
Tennie
Haha. To an extent, yes. I just have a soft spot Bari. I've got friends there and I really like the big banner (see above). There's also the fact that Serie B is really interesting this year. The leadership changes almost every week and right now any one of 6 teams could win the league.

--

Injury note: Season is over for Napoli's Maggio and Gargano. Maggio has a torn ACL and Gargano has broken metartarsals. The Gobbi's Sissoko is also out for the season with a broken foot.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Injury note: Season is over for Napoli's Maggio and Gargano. Maggio has a torn ACL and Gargano has broken metartarsals. The Gobbi's Sissoko is also out for the season with a broken foot.

BAH!

Things keep getting better and better for Napoli...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Haha. To an extent, yes. I just have a soft spot Bari. I've got friends there and I really like the big banner (see above). There's also the fact that Serie B is really interesting this year. The leadership changes almost every week and right now any one of 6 teams could win the league.

--

thats wonderful news. Best news i've heard all day. devil.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 9 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Am I very wrong if I say you have the same relationship to Bari as I have to Chievo?

ur flying donkey seems to have a flying shlong as well biggrin.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 9 2009, 07:08 PM) *
thats wonderful news. Best news i've heard all day. devil.gif

Yeah, now Inter's road to the Scudetto will be even easier. Wonderful.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 9 2009, 08:07 PM) *

Ahhh and arrghhh...terrorista internazionale...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 9 2009, 01:07 PM) *

I could care less about where inter finish. Its great news because when we play them, he will not be there. Thats a huge bonus. Getting champions league is all that matters and if half of juve were injured, i'd still celebrate it.
Tennie
I'm not sure I'd celebrate even a cugini player's injury. Maybe if their coach got long-term laryngitis...but anyway.

Sissoko's absence may not necessarily be a good thing for opponents - the place will probably fall then to Marchisio and he's not exactly playing badly right now.

(PS: Locke, my Fierce Rooster could beat your Flying Donkey.)
Fillipo Simone
Juve? We still have to play them at San Siro..
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2009, 09:07 PM) *
(PS: Locke, my Fierce Rooster could beat your Flying Donkey.)

I'm afraid not.
mishie
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 9 2009, 08:23 PM) *
I'm afraid not.

i do like you Locke but anymore of that and your donkey will be like a stuffed one they sell in spain!!!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 9 2009, 09:28 PM) *
i do like you Locke but anymore of that and your donkey will be like a stuffed one they sell in spain!!!

What? Are you on the chicken side as well??? Donkeys, ATTACK!!!

Locke Lamora
Result:

mishie
[quote name='Locke Lamora' date='Mar 9 2009, 08:32 PM' post='202100']
What? Are you on the chicken side as well??? Donkeys, ATTACK!!!

i introduced Tennie to the world of donkey killing chickens!
prepare for war!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.