Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Jack Sparrow
Arsenal are above Liverpool in my opinion since liverpool depends on their pathetic finishers and gerrard to basically do anything.

best in epl goes like this--

diving united
chelski
liverpool
bolton
arsenal

Contradiction my bro.Fix it quick before, somebody drills holes into you. wink.gif
han2503
Today seems like the day of the looooong post tongue.gif tongue.gif

Arsenal can be summed up in one simple sentence. They have been supposedly building this GREAT side from young undiscovered talent ever since the 90s, but every time they have a mix of great experianced players and good promising young ones they sell all the older ones because of the stupid over 30 rule. That is why they have been supposely building this great team for over 10 years now rolleyes.gif

Imo Arsene is thier problem and nothing else, he's great at developing young talent but not such a good manager
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 10 2007, 01:03 PM)
Contradiction my bro.Fix it quick before, somebody drills holes into you. wink.gif

No man i did that on purpose. I was stating that for the past few years IN MY OPINION arsenal have been better than liverfool, but right now it isn't so. I wish ihad stated that more clearly sad.gif
Portman
I think the top 4 in England... in-form and with no injuries, playing the best 11... there are no major differences between them.
Locke Lamora
Portugal, I said you seem to love Chelsea because each time Mourinho is brought on topic, you seem to defend him no matter what.

If Wenger is such a bad manager, how do you explain the way he took over a team that was pretty medicore, and went on to win the double with them?

Jack, you say they have no excuse not to go after all 4 trophies, and you are absolutely right.
Clichy gave a interview on Arsenal.com where he said just that.

Bluesummers, I don't take your post seriously.

Lastly, this has been Arsenals worst season for decades.
Injuries, lack of consitency and losing two of its star players, this makes for a troublesome season.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 10 2007, 02:10 PM)
Portugal, I said you seem to love Chelsea because each time Mourinho is brought on topic, you seem to defend him no matter what.

If Wenger is such a bad manager, how do you explain the way he took over a team that was pretty medicore, and went on to win the double with them?

Jack, you say they have no excuse not to go after all 4 trophies, and you are absolutely right.
Clichy gave a interview on Arsenal.com where he said just that.

Bluesummers, I don't take your post seriously.

Lastly, this has been Arsenals worst season for decades.
Injuries, lack of consitency and losing two of its star players, this makes for a troublesome season.

you go that about porto right. yeah i didn't think you'd take my post seriously but i'm just saying the truth. Arsenal without henry is nothing. But seriously how many years has wenger been coaching arsenal and compare that to how much has won. There is your answer to why we say wenger should be replaced.
Locke Lamora
You know, Arsenal beat Liverpool 6-3 and Blackburn 6-2 without Henry this season, so saying they are nothing without him is bullshit.
Wenger has been in Arsenal for 10 years, and have won 3 PL and 4 FA-Cups.
He has also participated in a CL-final, a Carling Cup-final, a Ueafa cup-final and an FA-cup final.
And Arsenal have usually finished in 1 or 2 place since Wenger arrived.
During his stay at Highbury/Emirates, he has spent less money than Mourinho during his 2 1/2 year career in Chelsea.

If this is counted as a bad job, then 95% of all football coaches are retards.

And I'm not counting all the Charity Shield cups...
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 10 2007, 08:10 PM)

One thing is Chelsea. Another one is Mourinho. For me he's the best coach out there. Better than Wenger. But... it's just my opinion.

I'm glad you (Arsenal fans in general) like Wenger.
Jack Sparrow
I wouldn'y go as far as to rate Mourinho above Wenger just yet.

I haven't seen Mourinho stay long enough in a club and see him build it from scratch as Wenger has done. Take a team which was next to nothing, and make it accepted as one of the top clubs of Europe.

Maybe Mourinho is more tactically astute, but I think Wenger is the better team-builder and manager. But I'll admit Mourinho comes out as a better tactician. Though I'm not convinced about Mourinho as the BEST tactician out there. I haven't fogotten about Lippi.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 10 2007, 03:56 PM)
I wouldn'y go as far as to rate Mourinho above Wenger just yet.

I haven't seen Mourinho stay long enough in a club and see him build it from scratch as Wenger has done. Take a team which was next to nothing, and make it accepted as one of the top clubs of Europe.

Maybe Mourinho is more tactically astute, but I think Wenger is the better team-builder and manager. But I'll admit Mourinho comes out as a better tactician. Though I'm not convinced about Mourinho as the BEST tactician out there. I haven't fogotten about Lippi.

Yeah i probably say the best tactician is Lippi with mourinho and fergison in second.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 10 2007, 07:47 PM)
Henry was a rising star back then while Zizou was an acclaimed footballer! And you may need to check those videos again cause Zidane was far from good and certainly was NOT the one who delivered the trophy to France!
Arsenal... Chelski... man are you serious?? The whole Arsenal team costs as much as Shevchenko... What do you mean "unless they can pull a Chelsea"??  rolleyes.gif

LOL .. they wont even come close to what R10 is priced at right now .. If we'r talking realistically biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Henry = class .. That is about it. He is a far cry from having a successful career (had he left when he was 26 or so, he would have had a splendid glorious career). When I said Zidane was the one who won them the WC and that Henry was a shadow compared to Zidane, that is exactly how France played the WC in '98. Don't talk to me about this; ask Makelele, Thuram, Trezeguet, and Petit. They have all claimed that it was Zidane's "mere presence' on the field thats what won them the cup.

Arsenal, I like watching some of their matchs, but since I am used to Milan a team that is built to challenge for every single trophy that is out there season in - season out, arsenal just look like chievo to me rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
Arsenal fans are worse than the merda IMO ... They hype up their team so much to the extent that they think they are above any other team. When in reality the merda gave them a good @ss wopping not 3 years ago.

With that said, I still like to watch arsenal games. Then again, each time I meet an arsenal fan, it's the same old thing.

Cesc, flamini, troure, hoyte, clichy .. all those youngsters .. but when I think about it; WHO ?!?!

As a Milan fan, I have been accustomed to players along the lines of Shevchenko, Kaka, Van Basten, RIjkaard, Gullit, JPP, Rui Costa, Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Cafu, Rossi, Albertini .. and it is no wonder I cant see eye to eye with them.

@Locke Lamora .. No offence intended; but so what ?! Fa cup ?? Carling cup ?? Milky way cup ... Who the hell cares about those ?! The EPL .. now we are talking and at the time of Adams, Arsenal did have a strong team. But they never went the distance, u cant compare them to the invincible Milan team of the 90's .. and u cant compare them to SAF's treble winning team of the late 90's ...

The CL final ?! hehe man u r stating this in the wrong forum, cuz Milan has won it 6 times and speaking about finals .. Milan has been their on several occasions. So I don't mean to stir anything out of this, but for u to understand that I cant see how Arsenal are such a great club with high ambitions.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 10 2007, 05:46 PM)
Arsenal fans are worse than the merda IMO ... They hype up their team so much to the extent that they think they are above any other team. When in reality the merda gave them a good @ss wopping not 3 years ago.

With that said, I still like to watch arsenal games. Then again, each time I meet an arsenal fan, it's the same old thing.

Cesc, flamini, troure, hoyte, clichy .. all those youngsters .. but when I think about it; WHO ?!?!

As a Milan fan, I have been accustomed to players along the lines of Shevchenko, Kaka, Van Basten, RIjkaard, Gullit, JPP, Rui Costa, Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Cafu, Rossi, Albertini .. and it is no wonder I cant see eye to eye with them.

@Locke Lamora .. No offence intended; but so what ?! Fa cup ?? Carling cup ?? Milky way cup ... Who the hell cares about those ?! The EPL .. now we are talking and at the time of Adams, Arsenal did have a strong team. But they never went the distance, u cant compare them to the invincible Milan team of the 90's .. and u cant compare them to SAF's treble winning team of the late 90's ...

The CL final ?! hehe man u r stating this in the wrong forum, cuz Milan has won it 6 times and speaking about finals .. Milan has been their on several occasions. So I don't mean to stir anything out of this, but for u to understand that I cant see how Arsenal are such a great club with high ambitions.

Game set and match. Game over.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 10 2007, 08:49 PM)
Which is where I think Arsene has made a true blue managerial  mistake while managing this club. It is IMO wrong to advocate a playing style. A philosophy of course, but a style no. Football is too multi cultured has grown too global, for one playing style.
By all means, have a philosophy..like Milan's is Possession and the killer counter attack, among a host of others, but for that you need to have an Italian manager (king.gif), and Bolton's is be a pr!ck up the other guys anal crack, till they give up.  But the moment you decide you're gonna be a short passing team, or a wing play team or whatever...you might win a few matches, but not a whole season or a tournament. You'll last as long as it takes to study your methods, and then you'll be chewed up and spit out.

If anything Arsenal should be grateful they faced PSV and not say Barca or Inter. Coz bad as we think those teams are, they can still hit a team where it hurts, and in Arsenal's case where it hurts the most, their strategy.

However where is Arsenal strong. Their youth for one. If Man U has Cris and Scholes out on long leave like what happened to Henry and Nesta, then they are f@cked. They might have enough gas in them not to lose, but win, and in big matches?? Uh-uh. Arsenal has players who can seamlessly integrate, which is their biggest strength. And a positive brought about by Arsene not choosing to compromise with his youth first policy for sh!t cups like Carling. (This one's just so you and I have something to fight over Porty wink.gif ) .

So let me give this rating at the end of it all...

Arsenal....8/10
Man U....8.2/10
Chelski....8.5/10
Liverpool....(on form with Benitez thinking on his feet) 8.1/10

I'm sorry but this is what I feel the state of the EPL is right now. I guess Arsenal being ranked below Liverpool might hurt some, but the difference Rafa in his right mind can bring to the side while playing is immense enough for it to be so. Even if the Liverpool squad is I feel inferior in a lot of ways to Arsenal.
And this is from me, grand imperial poobah of the Gooner side of milanfan.com, so nobody even suggest I'm biased. tongue.gif devil.gif

Great post Jack king.gif

But why should Arsenal being ranked below Liverpool hurt ?! huh.gif Liverpool has won more than Arsenal

so ur a gooner boy, huh biggrin.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 11 2007, 02:48 AM)
But why should Arsenal being ranked below Liverpool  hurt ?! huh.gif  Liverpool has won more than Arsenal

I think he meant their current ability (although I think that even now Liverpool are stronger). In terms of hystory there is nothing to compare. Liverpool won more titles domesticly and in europe, than any other english club.
dst
First of all Merda did not hammer the Gooners 3 years ago... they won 3-0 at Highbury and then somehow managed to lose 5-1 at San Siro. They even finished 3rd in the end below Lokomotiv Moscow! laugh.gif

Anyway... I don't think Arsenal fans think of their team too high, at least not the ones I know. What you describe sounds more (/exactly) like Loverpool's supporters.

Also I don't think Lock Lamora ever intended to compare Arsenal with Milan.

IMO Wenger is a fairly mediocre tactician. As a manager he's not that good, who would allow Overmars to leave at that time?? THAT team could have possibly won the CL but he made a big mistake. As a coach in general... he managed to transform a really bad team into something beautiful but the results are not so good. I mean he managed to win 3 championships in 9 years. That's 1 out of 3... having to contend with 3 teams it's the minimum he could get; He reached a certain level but never exceeded it.

And I think Jack only said Liverpool are currently a strongest team than Arsenal, nothing to do with what they have won.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 10 2007, 08:17 PM)
First of all Merda did not hammer the Gooners 3 years ago... they won 3-0 at Highbury and then somehow managed to lose 5-1 at San Siro. They even finished 3rd in the end below Lokomotiv Moscow! laugh.gif

Anyway... I don't think Arsenal fans think of their team too high, at least not the ones I know. What you describe sounds more (/exactly) like Loverpool's supporters.

Also I don't think Lock Lamora ever intended to compare Arsenal with Milan.

IMO Wenger is a fairly mediocre tactician. As a manager he's not that good, who would allow Overmars to leave at that time?? THAT team could have possibly won the CL but he made a big mistake. As a coach in general... he managed to transform a really bad team into something beautiful but the results are not so good. I mean he managed to win 3 championships in 9 years. That's 1 out of 3... having to contend with 3 teams it's the minimum he could get; He reached a certain level but never exceeded it.

And I think Jack only said Liverpool are currently a strongest team than Arsenal, nothing to do with what they have won.

yeah i agree, liverfool is currently 3rd best team in epl no doubt.
Locke Lamora
I will never compare Milan to Arsenal.
Never.
In terms of history they have won more than Arsenal will in a century.
This year has been their worst for decades, and still, beating Liverpool 3-0, 3-1, and 6-3, plus Man U each time theyv'e met them says something.
Earlier we have had consitency but lacked the speed and skill needed to REALLY contest the Champions League.

All I'm saying is, give the team a year or two, see what happens.
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 11 2007, 11:49 AM)
I will never compare Milan to Arsenal.
Never.
In terms of history they have won more than Arsenal will in a century.
This year has been their worst for decades, and still, beating Liverpool 3-0, 3-1, and 6-3, plus Man U each time theyv'e met them says something.
Earlier we have had consitency but lacked the speed and skill needed to REALLY contest the Champions League.

All I'm saying is, give the team a year or two, see what happens.

But how long have people and most of all the Arsenal fans been saying "just 2 more years and you'll see"??

This has been going on since the late 90s, they have been building a team since then!!!
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 11 2007, 12:26 PM)
But how long have people and most of all the Arsenal fans been saying "just 2 more years and you'll see"??

This has been going on since the late 90s, they have been building a team since then!!!

Not all the teams are owned by a man called Berlusconi whose networth is $11.8 B. rolleyes.gif
Or Abramovich, or whatever...

PS: Few days ago, with the 2007 list, Silvio was consider the #51 world's richest man.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07bill...amily_EEPT.html
Tennie
Quick score update from an FA Cup match:

Chelsea 1 - Spurs 3, first half.
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 11 2007, 12:32 PM)
Not all the teams are owned by a man called Berlusconi whose networth is $11.8 B.  rolleyes.gif
Or Abramovich, or whatever...

PS: Few days ago, with the 2007 list, Silvio was consider the #51 world's richest man.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07bill...amily_EEPT.html

Even without the money from the billionaires, they still had enough talent in their team to win bigger things then the FA cup and a couple of premierships.

They need some experiance in the squad mixed in with the youth, not just all the youth that's why they stay where they are. For example that over 30 rule is stupid, if a player is still world class then why sell him just because he's not 20 anymore?

It doesn't make sense. Wenger has been building that team for 10 years now and with all the talent they had over this time span they should have won more.

Imo Wenger is not a great manager but a great youth developer
Locke Lamora
Again don't forget how close they have been to win more, several lost finals, and mostly just a few points behind Man U, or in later years, Chelsea.

Then again, Arsenal are not the best team in the premiership, but they can come to be it in a couple of years.
We'l just have to wait and see.

How many times has Juventus won the Champions League the past ten years, you can't say they are a poor team? (This is a horrible comparision and I know it.)
Remember, Arsenal is one point behind Liverpool with one game in hand, so they can still finish in third spot.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 11 2007, 05:16 PM)
Again don't forget how close they have been to win more, several lost finals, and mostly just a few points behind Man U, or in later years, Chelsea.

Then again, Arsenal are not the best team in the premiership, but they can come to be it in a couple of years.
We'l just have to wait and see.

How many times has Juventus won the Champions League the past ten years, you can't say they are a poor team? (This is a horrible comparision and I know it.)
Remember, Arsenal is one point behind Liverpool with one game in hand, so they can still finish in third spot.

What Juve have won in 10 years .. Arsenal cant come close even if we give them 20 years, they wont come close.

Arsenal, that is exactly what I'v been saying at best they are a third placed team.
Locke Lamora
I did say it was a horrible comparision.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 11 2007, 07:36 PM)
I did say it was a horrible comparision.

That u did .. And it was in ur quote .. dont worry biggrin.gif
Locke Lamora
Yes it was...so why did you choose to point that out?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 11 2007, 08:44 PM)
Yes it was...so why did you choose to point that out?

Cuz .. There was no point in u putting the two team sin the same sentence.

I guess I was wrong to start this whole thing with u, cuz obviouslly u like arsenal. And no matter what I bring to the table u wont see eye to eye, as I wont see eye to eye with whatever u bring to the table. I guess it should just stop here.
Locke Lamora
It should, but it seems like wer'e doomed to argue about this again in a couple of days... tongue.gif

When you point out that Wenger hasn't won the Champions League, making him a bad manager , I say Juventus hasn't won the CL during Wengers entire stay in London, very crude, very rough, but true.
Of course Juventus has been winning the Serie A for years, something Arsenal hasn't done in the PL.

Il'l openly admit Juventus is the better team, even though we beat them 2-0 at Highbury last year, but as you say Wenger have never won the CL and that makes him a bad manager and Arsenals problem etcetra etcetra...
Rossoneri7
Never said anything about wenger .. In fact ask anyone in here, they'll tell u how much I respect wenger. I like the way his team plays and that is down to him.

BUT ... I hate the fact that all arsenal fans hype up arsenal, and still nothing came about of them. Last season? Yeah they made it to the final, but so did Milan .. and guess what, we are still in the running and guess where arsenal are ?!

It is just that arsenal is a team that cant handle the pressure and breaks down easily. That is all. But ofcourse, u or anyother arsenal fan wont agree to this biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 11 2007, 10:41 PM)
Last season? Yeah they made it to the final, but so did Milan

Didn't Arsenal lose to Barcelona in the final last season!?? huh.gif

Are you telling me we won the 7th!? devil.gif

No, I'm pretty sure it was Barcelona! unsure.gif biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Arsenal are a decent team, but they are not the team of a few years ago, Fabregas & Toure look class as for some of the rest I have my doubts.

Walcott, I don't see what all the fuss is about, he's quick, but he's only 17, so what Owen was far better at his age...

Lehmann makes me laugh he is more intent on starting a fight than saving anything. Adebayor I see moments of quality, but it comes to sparingly and he seems to have that touch of laziness like Kanu did. Hleb is a joke, I remember the English media saying he was the next Kaka and some went onto say he was already better, well that just says a lot about the English media...

To be fair Henry has flopped this season but so has every world class striker in their career and yes he is one.

As for Arsenal on the whole, they have the potential to become world class again, but that word gets used so often nowadays and a lot of the time it is used to defend someone or something. When you see the likes of Chelsea's & Liverpool's money along with Manchester United's young already proven quality I think times are going to be hard for Arsenal.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2007, 11:49 PM)
Didn't Arsenal lose to Barcelona in the final last season!??  huh.gif

Are you telling me we won the 7th!?  devil.gif

No, I'm pretty sure it was Barcelona! unsure.gif  biggrin.gif

Hehe dst, u know I still consider that CL ours devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
Locke Lamora
Don't forget Walcott had a very nice finish against Chelsea in the Carling Cup final.
And more is hopefully yet to come.
I didn't know you had such a respect for Wenger, and I apologise for saying otherwise, as I did not know.
As for not handling pressure, they were 2-0 down to Portsmouth, then Adebayor came on and in like five minutes it was 2-2, Being 1-0 down to Man U with seven minutes to go and guess what?
We won 2-1.

Hleb seems to either play wonderfully or VERY crappy, but the only ones I don't like are Senderos and Eboue.
Rossoneri7
Here we go again rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 11 2007, 10:53 PM)
As for not handling pressure, they were 2-0 down to Portsmouth, then Adebayor came on and in like five minutes it was 2-2, Being 1-0 down to Man U with seven minutes to go and guess what?
We won 2-1.

But at the end of the day where are you in the league rolleyes.gif
Locke Lamora
Yes we do. smile.gif

Not well.
Van Persie broke his foot when scoring the goal.
Inconsitency, inconsitency...
Portman
An Honour To Coach Real Madrid - Mourinho ::: GOAL.com

"I would like to coach Madrid, and I do not discard [doing] that in the future," Mourinho told Canal+ after witnessing last night's game between Osasuna and Valencia. "It would be an honor for me."

Mourinho had flown out to Pampalona straight after Chelsea's 3-3 FA Cup draw with Tottenham, to see Champions League opponents Valencia in action.

The Chelsea coach has been linked increasingly with a move to the Bernabeu in the summer since falling out with owner Roman Abramovich over the last three months, primarily over the lack of support in the winter transfer window, and tying down key players John Terry and Frank Lampard through improved contracts.

Asked specifically if it could happen as soon as next season, he was quick to reiterate his commitment to his current club: "I have contract until 2010 with Chelsea. Besides, English football excites me."

He also handed his vote of confidence to Fabio Capello, insisting that the Italian was the ideal person to be in charge at the Bernabeu.

"Madrid cannot have a better coach," he concluded.

If there's a coach that could put Madrid at "its level" is him.
Roman Abramovich is making a big mistake... Chelse and EPL won't be the same without Jose.

What do you guys think? Can Mourinho do something in R.Madrid... 1 day? (Doesn't mean it's next year)
Portman
Double post. Soz. sad.gif
dst
Mourinho is a great coach. But I don't know if he's what Real want. In fact even Real don't know what they want. Mourinho cares more about the player rather the name which is the exact opposite of Madrid... if they let him do his job as he knows best then he'll succeed there... Then again Chelski is not what we'd call an attacking team. They play boring football and they could challenge Giuve on the number of 1-0 wins. Will the Madrid fans accept that kind of football? I guess they will if it brings them titles.
Rossoneri7
I think Madrid's problem far exceeds Mourinho's ability. It has nothing to do with the coach, but the polotics and atmosphere of the club has to change.

If Capello cant do anything, I doubt anyone can rolleyes.gif
dst
I discovered these two articles and I though someone might be interested:

Clubs 'must protect foreign assets'

Foreign Football Players Forced to Live in a 'Bubble'

They are related to football in general but since they focus on English football I thought It'd be better not to open a new thread.

I find them interesting so I suggest you take a look!
Locke Lamora
Just to tell you, Aston Villa vs. Arsenal will start in 43 minutes...
Tore, Eboue, Adebayor, Clichy, Henry and V. Persie are out, but Hoyte, Flamini and Rosicky are back.
Jack Sparrow
Ahh Rosicky king.gif Clichy sad.gif
dst
Diaby 1-0! biggrin.gif

... huh.gif
Locke Lamora
It took us just 9 minutes...
Portman
Fat Laumpá just scored for Chelski.

City 0-1 Chelsea with 35' played
Milan Are Brilliant
Know it's not Premiership but this post is more suited to this topic, what a player Berbatov is he's just scored again (in the UEFA Cup).

If he carries on this way he is something special, great addition to the English league
Locke Lamora
Yes, Berbatov is a good player with huge potential.
Too bad he's playing for the blokes at White Hart Lane...
Portman
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Mar 14 2007, 08:47 PM)
Know it's not Premiership but this post is more suited to this topic, what a player Berbatov is he's just scored again (in the UEFA Cup).

If he carries on this way he is something special, great addition to the English league

Berbatov > Braga.

FACT. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.