Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 14 2007, 05:00 PM)
Todays EPL matches:

Liverpool 0-0 Man.City
Sheffield Utd. 3-0 West Ham
Boro 1-3 Villa
Arsenal 2-1 Bolton
Reading 1-0 Fulham
Portsmouth 2-1 Newcastle

Watford will play Man.U later today.

But that Watford match is for FA Cup.

Anyway... with 5 matches to play:

Manchester United 78 (1 game in hand) +52
Chelsea 75 (1 game in hand) +37
Liverpool 61 +28
Arsenal 59 +24

So... how's going to finish the EPL? rolleyes.gif
Darunia
Rio limped off with injury midway through the watford game... now Darren Fletcher is playing RB.
whoarethepatriots
Terrible miss by Sheva earlier on today, had an open net basically, miskicked, fell over and got slightly injured in the process
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Apr 16 2007, 02:47 AM)
Terrible miss by Sheva earlier on today, had an open net basically, miskicked, fell over and got slightly injured in the process

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I need to see this .. Do u have a link on youtube on this by any chance ???
dst
Sh!t it sounds funny! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'll try to find a youtube vid.

edit: here lol!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 16 2007, 02:58 AM)
Sh!t it sounds funny!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Thanx laugh.gif

A 45M striker my @ss laugh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 16 2007, 12:58 AM)

LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! OMG! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm so sorry for that Blackburn defender (after he missed it). laugh.gif

Even Gilardino would score that. (Or not) wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 16 2007, 03:17 AM)
Even Gilardino would score that. (Or not)  wink.gif

Gilardino? Nah... but he would have shot it... wide... rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 15 2007, 11:58 PM)
Sh!t it sounds funny!  laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 16 2007, 12:17 AM)
LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! OMG! laugh.gif

I'm so sorry for that Blackburn defender (after he missed it).  laugh.gif

Even Gilardino would score that. (Or not)  wink.gif

laugh.gif

At least it wouldn't have been as imberassing as that. That was a shocker, I'm assuming Gila would either have scored, shot straight at the keep or shot wide, but not that ohmy.gif

Still funny as sh!t laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
We're like kids on a playground really! We really want something but can't have it, so we pretend to really dislike it and show off all it's bad points! tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 16 2007, 12:01 PM)
We're like kids on a playground really! We really want something but can't have it, so we pretend to really dislike it and show off all it's bad points!  tongue.gif

Really mature isn't it biggrin.gif innocent.gif happy.gif

But you can't deny that that is funny
Portman
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 16 2007, 01:01 PM)
We're like kids on a playground really! We really want something but can't have it, so we pretend to really dislike it and show off all it's bad points!  tongue.gif

Oh please. That miss was funny as hell. biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
Thats a chance that i would miss, then again im not rated at £30M...
kurtsimonw
Glory Hunters FC 1-0 Sheffield United
("4) Carrick

Arsenal 1-1 Man City
Rosicky for Arsenal ("14)
Beasley for City ("41)
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2007, 08:23 PM)
Glory Hunters FC 1-0 Sheffield United
("4) Carrick

Arsenal 1-1 Man City
Rosicky for Arsenal ("14)
Beasley for City ("41)

I'm watchin'. Another assist by... guess who? Yeah, Rouneldouh. rolleyes.gif

Glory Hunters FC is more the sovietic side of London. Manchester United have a rich history as much you and I hate them.

Well, in fact I don't hate. It's just the hype around Rouneldouh and Mooney, and all that thing (even the portuguese press claiming the 1st one as the world's best every SINGLE DAY). rolleyes.gif

When a year ago they were simply pathetic - the team, when Benfica kicked them out of Europe.
Portman
I Said No To A Good Real Madrid Offer - Benitez

There have been reports of Benitez staying on at Anfield as much for professional reasons as personal, with his wife and children reportedly well settled.

New owner Tom Hicks had revealed this morning to the Daily Mirror: "He [Rafa] is under contract and he told me that his wife has said that if he ever did go, he'd have to go without her because she's staying in Liverpool."

"He's staying in Liverpool too because he's the man we want. He is a fresh thinker.

"He's not afraid to try new things and I think that's probably good in the UK.

"He's a smart guy, a great tactician and I like what we hear about his plans"

Benitez has come out and admitted that personal issues have played a part in his decision to turn down a big offer from none other than home-town club Real Madrid.

However, he also spoke about his passion to create a new Liverpool having dictated the issue.

"You know my idea, I don't like to talk about my family, but they are really happy here," Benitez said.

"The Scouse accent of my daughter is a problem for me, but we are really pleased to be here. The only thing I want to say is I said no to a good a offer a good team, because we are happy."

"I said no to Real [Madrid] when they offered me more money than I get here," Rafa continued, revealing the identity of the club.

"Madrid may be my town, but I am happy here and pleased with everything. We want to stay because of the new ideas and the new owners are very exciting.

"It is so positive for the future. And I could not ignore the noise and support I received from the supporters last week against Eindhoven, it was tremendous and moving. I repeat, I am very happy here.

"It was not a difficult decision. I have an objective here, I explained that when I spoke to the new owners and they told me they would be supportive.

"It is clear that Madrid was an opportunity but I said 'no', because I have a lot of confidence in the future here and I believe we can win more trophies and there are a lot of positive things in the future.

"My family are happy, I am happy and we feel the future of the club will be brilliant."

He did the best for him and Liverpool. The americans will now give some dollars to buy some world-class players that the Reds miss to be at the same level as United or Chelsea.

Real Madrid needs a motivator. Not a tactian. A soab as a coach. biggrin.gif
Yeah... I'm talking about Rousey. rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 17 2007, 11:04 PM)
Real Madrid needs a motivator. Not a tactian. A soab as a coach.  biggrin.gif
Yeah... I'm talking about Rousey.  rolleyes.gif

Real madrid are cursed for at least 7 bad years after they fired Del Bosque for no reason wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 17 2007, 11:13 PM)
Real madrid are cursed for at least 7 bad years after they fired Del Bosque for no reason wink.gif

I've never seen a club make such a pathetic and disgusting move in the market like when Madrid sold Makelele because he didn't sell enough shirts! rolleyes.gif puke.gif

If they sell Raul (I don't give a f@ck how bad he is now) I'm going to lose every sing of respect I have for them.
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 17 2007, 11:19 PM)
I've never seen a club make such a pathetic and disgusting move in the market like when Madrid sold Makelele because he didn't sell enough shirts! rolleyes.gif  puke.gif

If they sell Raul (I don't give a f@ck how bad he is now) I'm going to lose every sing of respect I have for them.

Yeah, it was pathetic. They made lots of stupid things like Becham instead of Ronaldinho and giving up on Eto'o.

I was disappointed when they threw out Hierro.
Locke Lamora
3-1!!!
Babtista.

Very good. smile.gif
Man, Hleb is playing like a genius!
Portman
Fabregas (a truly c_nt) scored a goal 3 days ago. Now scored another... and celebrated like they won the championship. laugh.gif

This guys... seriously. A 4th place team. rolleyes.gif

PS: That guy Samaras, from Citeh, IS PURE SH!T.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 17 2007, 11:33 PM)
Fabregas (a truly c_nt) scored a goal 3 days ago. Now scored another... and celebrated like they won the championship.  laugh.gif

This guys... seriously. A 4th place team.  rolleyes.gif

It seems like you've forgotten how Mourinho celebrated Chelski's equalizer in Camp Nou...

But this team, it's a 4th place one. Maybe in two years right Wenger!?? rolleyes.gif
Locke Lamora
You are so unbelievable.
Don't you have ANYTHING positive to say about Arsenal?

As far as I reckon, Milan isn't even level with Arsenal when it comes to current league positions... make no mistake, I'm a Milanfan, but it seems you harbour some extreme hate against this club...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 17 2007, 09:38 PM)
It seems like you've forgotten how Mourinho celebrated Chelski's equalizer in Camp Nou...

But this team, it's a 4th place one. Maybe in two years right Wenger!??  rolleyes.gif

AHAH. Chelsea v Barcelona is a special clash and you know why. Mourinho hate them, and all the Catalonia hate Mourinho. That's why he did that. biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 17 2007, 11:49 PM)
As far as I reckon, Milan isn't even level with Arsenal when it comes to current league positions... make no mistake, I'm a Milanfan, but it seems you harbour some extreme hate against this club...

You're wrong, both team stand at 4th place! tongue.gif

If you're talking about me. I like Arsenal the most out of all the English clubs.
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 17 2007, 09:49 PM)

If Arsenal started with -8 points and with their transfers totally fcked (like we had... Ibrahimovic, Zambrotta... etc), they'd be fighting for the 6th place with Everton or so.

PSV? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

LaLiga-pool walked over them in the quarters.
misha
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 17 2007, 11:49 PM)
Don't you have ANYTHING positive to say about Arsenal?

They have a nice stadium smile.gif

Arsenal are o.k. In England I really hate United
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 17 2007, 09:04 PM)
They have a nice stadium smile.gif

Arsenal are o.k. In England I really hate United

It may look big and 'futuristic' from the outside. But it's rerally awkward once your inside the stadium, and for those that sit down at football games, you can't. There's no leg-space, one of the worst modern stadiums around.

Now Man City have a top-notch stadia.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2007, 10:13 PM)
It may look big and 'futuristic' from the outside. But it's rerally awkward once your inside the stadium, and for those that sit down at football games, you can't. There's no leg-space, one of the worst modern stadiums around.

Benfica's replica. Just check out:

Arsenal's:

The original, from Lisbon:

Obviously the Arsenal's is really amazing from the outside. Benfica's not. But from the inside, they're almost the same.
misha
We can make it impossible for Mourinho to go, says Terry

John Terry spoke for many Chelsea fans yesterday when he expressed his hope that winning the quadruple would make it impossible for the club to dispense with José Mourinho. The manager’s position remains precarious, despite his much-publicised hug with Roman Abramovich after the FA Cup semi-final win over Blackburn Rovers on Sunday, with the Russian still minded to replace him with a more attack-minded coach who would be easier to control.

Although Terry was careful not to criticise the Chelsea owner, it is clear that his sympathy lies with Mourinho, the captain urging the club to “do the right thing” by the man who has led them to four leading trophies in 2½ seasons. Chelsea could yet add a third Barclays Premiership title, a first Champions League and another FA Cup and Terry hopes that finishing the season with a shower of silverware will be enough to save Mourinho’s job.

“No one will leave the club if we win the quadruple, definitely not,” he said. “I don’t see anyone leaving this summer at all. We are a tight-knit family and we want to keep it that way for many years. One thing we have at Chelsea is that we have been very much together over the last two or three years. That has got us where we are and is a big factor in our success.

“Seeing the hug in the papers is great for every player. As a team, on the pitch and off the pitch, we are fully together and that’s the main thing. What goes on behind the scenes is not about us and all we can do is put in the right results and help people that way.”

While Mourinho’s position will not be resolved until the end of the season, Terry is also facing an uncertain future after talks about a new contract broke down last month. Discussions over Frank Lampard’s proposed extension have also reached an impasse after Chelsea refused to match the £130,000-a-week wages enjoyed by Michael Ballack and Andriy Shevchenko, but Terry is hoping that both players will stay at Stamford Bridge.

“If we can keep Frank, myself and the manager, we will achieve great things over many years,” the defender said. “The manager has been great for me and hopefully the club will do the right thing by him, by myself and Frank. I want to stay for life and have told the club that, but negotiations have broken down. I’m not going to go in there when I have got so many more important things on my mind.”

With Chelsea out to overhaul Manchester United’s three-point lead at the top of the Premiership, Terry believes that injuries to Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic could prove crucial. “We had a bit of misfortune earlier in the season but now have everyone fit at the right time,” he said. “Rio has been playing brilliantly well alongside Vidic and he is a big miss for them. Those two are the backbone and any team would miss them.”

While Terry is relishing the tussle for trophies with United, Stuart Pearce fears that the dominance of the big clubs is damaging the long-term health of English football.

“I think it’s extremely one-sided,” the Manchester City manager said. “There is a massive gorge between the top four and maybe even the top two or three and the rest of the league. Statistically you might say four teams can win the league, but Liverpool haven’t won it for years, so that perhaps narrows it down even more.”

times
Tennie
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 17 2007, 05:21 PM)
Obviously the Arsenal's is really amazing from the outside. Benfica's not. But from the inside, they're almost the same.

I've been to Benfica's stadium, for what it's worth. The seating there is very comfortable -- and ticket prices a whole lot more reasonable than ticket prices in the UK. Tribune seats were 30 euros.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 17 2007, 10:42 PM)
I've been to Benfica's stadium, for what it's worth. The seating there is very comfortable -- and ticket prices a whole lot more reasonable than ticket prices in the UK. Tribune seats were 30 euros.

I've been to some matches too there. Prices around 20-30-35 euros... the usual.

Not only in Benfica but Porto, Sporting and the other stadiums too. (And we, portuguese, think those are quite expensive)

Expensive for a sh!t league like our. In England... it's another world.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 17 2007, 09:21 PM)
Benfica's replica.

Benfica's looks a hell of a lot nicer...

Mind you not a big fan of Arsenal, mainly their fans, their worse than United or Chelsea's, whatever player plays well in their team is the best in the world at their respective position rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
WOW .... Benificia has an amazing stadium, never actually pictured Portugues stadiums to be as amazing as that !!! ohmy.gif

I always thought they were more like Italian stadiums ..

Btw .. Didn't they play the EURO 04 in Portugal ?! If so, then that explains a lot biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 18 2007, 08:24 AM)
WOW .... Benificia has an amazing stadium

Haven't seen it but Benfica's is great too, isn't it!?? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 18 2007, 10:30 AM)
Haven't seen it but Benfica's is great too, isn't it!??  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

No sh1t !!! dry.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 17 2007, 09:46 PM)
I've been to some matches too there. Prices around 20-30-35 euros... the usual.

Not only in Benfica but Porto, Sporting and the other stadiums too. (And we, portuguese, think those are quite expensive)

Expensive for a sh!t league like our. In England... it's another world.

English ticket prices aren't as bad as people make out. For me to sit in the Holte End (Villa's main home stand) it costs £19, I'm not sure what the Euro conversion for that is, but I'm sure it's not much more than 30.

Admittedly we are one of the cheapest teams in the league, but most other EPL teams price at about £23-£25.

I'm sure other European countries are just as bad, when i saw Villa play at Deportivo in the UEFA Cup a few years back, the ticket alone cost me £60.
Locke Lamora
Arsenal are 2-1 up against Spurs on White Hart Lane, 10 minutes to go.
Toure and Adebayor.
Keane for Tottenham.

End.
2-2.
Jenas.
In the 94. minute.

HOW THE HELL CAN SUCH THINGS HAPPEN!!!

I need some drink now...
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 21 2007, 02:29 PM)
Arsenal are 2-1 up against Spurs on White Hart Lane, 10 minutes to go.
Toure and Adebayor.
Keane for Tottenham.

FT Tottenham 2-2 Arsenal

Arsenal played better but a Jenas 35 m shot gave Spurs the equalizer in the last minute.

Now it's Liverpool-Wigan and United-Boro later. Newcastle-Chelsea tomorrow.
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 21 2007, 01:48 PM)
FT Tottenham 2-2 Arsenal

Arsenal played better but a Jenas 35 m shot gave Spurs the equalizer in the last minute.

Now it's Liverpool-Wigan and United-Boro later. Newcastle-Chelsea tomorrow.

I miss the last 10 minutse of the Ar$e game and this happens rolleyes.gif

I'm gonna watch the United game later, Liverpool just bore me to death
dst
Great goal by Kolo Toure!! Clever movement and bang! He's Arsenal's best!!! cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2007, 02:20 PM)
Great goal by Kolo Toure!! Clever movement and bang! He's Arsenal's best!!!  cool.gif

I had a feeling you were going to comment on his goal.

I personally thought Gallas was the better defender for Arsenal today
Locke Lamora
Things we need for next year:
New keeper.Our keeper has got like 7 yellow cards. Thats just stupid.
Serious firepower (Alves, anyone?)

This was terribly bitter...
dst
@han: I didn't watch the game...

Lehmann's got 7 yellow cards!?? huh.gif biggrin.gif

Alves is a great player but Arsenal also need a change in mentality... can you name 1 game where they didn't concede first!?? rolleyes.gif

This really sucks, every game Arsenal has to come from a goal down...

Why is Chelski not playing today!?? Shouldn't their game be transfered cause of the CL encounter?
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2007, 05:38 PM)
Why is Chelski not playing today!?? Shouldn't their game be transfered cause of the CL encounter?

Because since they played vs Valencia on Wednesday they have a game every 3 days .But they have the same time to prepare as United cuz this week the are playing on Wednesday too
Portman
Liverpool 2-0 Wigan. Confortable win, Kuyt double. It was 2-0 but it could be 4 or 5.

United 81p +54 (2 games in hand)
Chelsea 78 +40 (2 games in hand)
Liverpool 67 +32
Arsenal 63 +26
misha
United - Boro 1:1 HT smile.gif

Ferdinad injured
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 21 2007, 06:04 PM)
United - Boro 1:1 HT smile.gif

Ferdinad injured

Ferdinand was not 100% for this match. We'll see what happens next. In the end of this 1st half he seemed injuried.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 21 2007, 08:10 PM)
Ferdinand was not 100% for this match. We'll see what happens next. In the end of this 1st half he seemed injuried.

It was stupid to let him play. They conceded because of him. United's defence are sh!t
Tennie
This is not the same United team that dismantled Roma. They're just not playing well as a unit. THIS is a team that's definitely beatable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.