Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
X-Offender
I don't agree. I watched the match and Ballack, Essien and Carvalho were the best from Chelsea's side, IMO.
bigmacmtl
that shoulda been a red. it was malicious and drogba knew full well what he was doing.
QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 26 2006, 11:40 AM)
yellow to drogba for ellbowing down vidic
bigmacmtl
drogba and especially sheva were Sh8t, whereas saha and rooney were very lievely. i found chelsea got little width even tho they tried a lil more near the end. and giigs and especially ronaldo were getting forward all game. but ya eventually ballack,essie and lil lampard got more into the game.
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2006, 05:11 PM)
I don't think Ballack was so bad like most of you say. Were Lampard or Robben any better?
agenth
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 26 2006, 11:14 PM)
IMHO, yes. Way better. rolleyes.gif

Ballack in Chelsea is not even half of the 'Bayern's Ballack'.

it's a difference playing in Bundesliga or in Premier League.
And it's his first season in chelsea... rolleyes.gif unsure.gif
Portman
Chelsea have a new official website: www.chelseafc.com

Really good one.
When I see that one, LiverpoolFC.tv, ManUtd.com, Arsenal.com... and them I've a look at our (acmilan.com) ... I mean... what a difference! rolleyes.gif

At least they've improved their image with a brand new website. Others, just change the background and sh!ttie stuff like that... rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2006, 10:11 PM)
I don't think Ballack was so bad like most of you say. Were Lampard or Robben any better?

Robben was sh!t. But Ballack was still worse, all he did was foul and lose the ball. Ballack was just a pedestrian on the pitch.

Lampard was ok, imo Chelsea's MOM was Essien.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2006, 10:22 PM)
I don't agree. I watched the match and Ballack, Essien and Carvalho were the best from Chelsea's side, IMO.

Carvalho made a couple of stupid mistakes, he just scored the goal to cover that up wink.gif

Again, Ballack was awful, Sheva was non-existant, did he even touch the ball?? I think he only made something like 10 passes in the entire match.
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 27 2006, 07:57 PM)
Sheva was non-existant, did he even touch the ball?? I think he only made something like 10 passes in the entire match.

He is becoming like Gila, you don't see him on the field..
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 27 2006, 11:06 AM)
He is becoming like Gila, you don't see him on the field..

That's called mastering the art of invisability wink.gif

But it's different, Sheva is the type of striker who normally get's involved inplays from the midfield, if Gila doesn't get the support he needs he would be easily faded out of the match.

But in a sense he is becoming what Gila was last season to us, although Gila was actaully scoring goals last season. So far Sheva has got something like 4 goals, and who has he scored them against, Watford, Bolton? And non of them where match winners, they all came when Chelsea where already winning by more then 2 goals.
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 27 2006, 12:06 PM)
That's called mastering the art of invisability  wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
agenth
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 27 2006, 02:22 AM)
Chelsea have a new official website: www.chelseafc.com

Really good one.
When I see that one, LiverpoolFC.tv, ManUtd.com, Arsenal.com... and them I've a look at our (acmilan.com) ... I mean... what a difference!  rolleyes.gif

At least they've improved their image with a brand new website. Others, just change the background and sh!ttie stuff like that...  rolleyes.gif

oh yes! I'm so jealous! the player's videos are awesome!!!
Why don't milan also make a new design, everything with flash and so on?
KillerMax
QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 27 2006, 07:18 AM)

Cause Galliani is saving money for his hair transplant!!!
agenth
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 27 2006, 02:29 PM)
Cause Galliani is saving money for his hair transplant!!!

LOOL I wish I could do flash, javascript and so on professionally.
I would send them the file in .zip so they only have to upload it laugh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 27 2006, 01:18 PM)

Because Milan loves the "old things". Not only on the squad... rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
Arsenal beat Tottenham 3-0 .. Great goal by Adibayour smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 2 2006, 03:01 PM)
Arsenal beat Tottenham 3-0 .. Great goal by Adibayour smile.gif

Wasn't in offside? And 2 penalties...

Arsenal better watch out with FC Porto on the CL. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Gunners and kick them to UEFA Cup.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 2 2006, 06:30 PM)

Arsenal better watch out with FC Porto on the CL. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Gunners and kick them to UEFA Cup.

It seemed that way, but the replay showed he was online with the defender .. Could be contriversial though ..

As for CL .. What's Porto's situation, do they have a chance to make it through ?!
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 2 2006, 03:36 PM)
As for CL .. What's Porto's situation, do they have a chance to make it through ?!

If they win at home vs. Arsenal they'll be on the top of the group. If with that result + CSKA win in Hamburg = Arsenal out of the CL.

There's only 1 way to FCPorto go to UEFA. Lose at home against Arsenal and CSKA win.

But Arsenal play without Henry in Porto so... I don't know. Not easy to predict.
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 2 2006, 05:36 PM)

Porto and Arsenal have 2 points more then CSKA. If there will be a draw they both are qualifying no matter what cska does in their game.

my prediction: draw rolleyes.gif
Portman
Liverpool just won 4-0 away. ohmy.gif

All the goals on the first half.
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 2 2006, 05:17 PM)
Porto and Arsenal have 2 points more then CSKA. If there will be a draw they both are qualifying no matter what cska does in their game.

my prediction: draw rolleyes.gif

That is what Wenger said. A draw.

But do you think FCPorto want the 2nd place on the group? Playing at home the last match? rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 2 2006, 07:19 PM)
But do you think FCPorto want the 2nd place on the group? Playing at home the last match?  rolleyes.gif

They can also loose. There were cases before when two teams knew that they just need a draw and they played accordingly. For example Man Un a couple seasons back.
X-Offender
Porto will win.
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 2 2006, 05:24 PM)
They can also loose.

Yep. Everything is possible.
dst
I like Arsenal but I wouldn't mind if they're left out of the CL... and in fact I don't know why!! unsure.gif

Porto wins 2-0; Lucho 44', Quaresma 72' ( huh.gif )
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 2 2006, 03:30 PM)

No it wasn't, the defender on the left played him on-side, it was very clear in the replays.

But those 2 penalties where soft penalties, same goes for the one given to Man U
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 2 2006, 09:12 PM)
But those 2 penalties where soft penalties, same goes for the one given to Man U

Good dive by C.Ronaldo. laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 2 2006, 09:46 PM)
Good dive by C.Ronaldo.  laugh.gif

Yeah it was good. I tell you I admire those abilities of his. Cause when you look at it for the first time you would immediately say "penalty" then you see it maximum twice in replay and you say "oh good one Ron"
Portman
Dubai firm in Reds takeover talks

A Dubai-based consortium has confirmed it is in exclusive talks about a takeover of Liverpool.

Dubai International Capital (DIC) is thought to be nearing a buy-out of the Anfield club worth £450m.

"Liverpool's investment requirements are well publicised," said chief executive Sameer al-Ansari, whose firm has begun to examine the club accounts.

"We hope we can agree a deal that will provide us with the opportunity to fund its needs both on and off the pitch."

The 5th richest man in the world will be the next Liverpool owner... rolleyes.gif

Not even Abramovich... has money as the Sheik of Dubai. Basically the owner of Dubai.
agenth
O ::: M ::: G
is this a reliable source?
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 4 2006, 03:19 PM)
O ::: M ::: G
is this a reliable source?

It's everywhere.

www.newsnow.co.uk and in the "Headline Search:" type "Liverpool".
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 4 2006, 03:29 PM)
It's everywhere.

www.newsnow.co.uk and in the "Headline Search:" type "Liverpool".

Yeah they said they have closed in to agreeing the deal.

Well at least if this happen someone will be able to rival chelsea in the money and spending power
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 03:31 PM)
Well at least if this happen someone will be able to rival chelsea in the money and spending power

Yup. At least that.
Jack Sparrow
Ok...more offers for Kaka then. puke.gif
Rossoneri7
Sheikh Mohammad Al-Maktoum has bigger investments than Liverfool ..

In anycase this is some back ground on the Co.

was established in October 2004 as the international investment arm of Dubai Holding. In 2005, it purchased the The Tussauds Group from Charterhouse Capital Partners for £800 million pounds ($1.5 billion). DIC has also acquired a 2% stake for $1 billion in German-US carmaker DaimlerChrysler, making it the company's third largest shareholder.

Some of their recent investments:

On March 2, 2006, The Washington Post reported that DIC plans to buy Doncasters Group Ltd., a British precision-engineering company with plants in Connecticut and Georgia that make precision parts used in engines for military aircraft and tanks.
Portman
Americans with ManUtd, Russians with Chelsea, Arabs with Liverpool.

Premiership is gonna be 'the League' in the future. Even more than nowadays.
Jack Sparrow
@Portugal laugh.gif What next?? Colombian Cartels buying Lazio?
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 4 2006, 05:15 PM)
@Portugal laugh.gif What next?? Colombian Cartels buying Lazio?

Actually it's Newcastle and Arsenal. (It wasn't buy yet, right? That Emirates is just another sponsor?)
agenth
everybody is turning into a chelsea!!!
HELP
RUN EVERYBODY; RUN!
han2503
QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 4 2006, 06:42 PM)
everybody is turning into a chelsea!!!
HELP
RUN EVERYBODY; RUN!

Well to be fair we are also a Chelsea, we are owned by one of the richest ,en in Europe too
agenth
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 08:04 PM)
Well to be fair we are also a Chelsea, we are owned by one of the richest ,en in Europe too

unsure.gif don't want to think about it cool.gif
At least the man is an italian mad.gif laugh.gif

isn't it now different, cause we won't spend big? rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 08:04 PM)

No, we're not. Silvio bought Milan 20 years ago, and like mchanna said, he's italian. It's a complete different situation than the ones of Chelsea or Liverpool. Also, it's been a very long while since Silvio spent so much money like Abramovich is doing every year. Things have changed.
milanistar
QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 4 2006, 07:16 PM)
unsure.gif don't want to think about it  cool.gif
At least the man is an italian  mad.gif  laugh.gif

isn't it now different, cause we won't spend big?  rolleyes.gif

What difference it makes if the owner is Italian, Swedish or Black Metal fan????
Football turned to business and the clubs are companies now, so this is meaningless!
All that matters is the players, the heart you put in and Maldini biggrin.gif
misha
Beckham tops rich list with £87m in the bank

David Beckham's value on the field of play may be on the wane, but the former England skipper remains peerless when it comes to football's high earners.

According to a survey of British footballers and foreign imports plying their trade in the Premiership, Beckham remains by far the games' richest exponent.

Top ten

Despite slipping down the pecking order at Real Madrid this season, Beckham tops the rich list poll with a figure of £87million, more than twice that of second-placed Michael Owen who is said to be worth £32m.

Beckham's personal fortune is down to his £4.4m a year contract with Real, which expires in the summer, along with income from advertising contracts with the likes of Gillette, Adidas and Pepsi. And despite losing lucrative deals with Vodafone and Police sunglasses, Beckham still found enough cash to pay himself a £19m salary out of the coffers of his company, Footwork Productions Ltd, last year.

Robbie Fowler, like Beckham, may be entering the twilight of his footballing career, but shrewd investments in the property market along with his Liverpool pay packet see the former England striker complete the top three with a £28m nest egg.

Chelsea's Andriy Shevchenko is the top foreign earner playing in England in seventh place, his £121,000-a-week deal at Stamford Bridge helping to swell his wealth to £22m, £1m ahead of Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

Another Chelsea summer import, Michael Ballack, completes the top 10 with with a relatively modest figure of £18m despite his £130,000-a-week deal.

The survey, in the current issue of FourFourTwo magazine (also highlights the amount of foreign money pouring into the Premiership, with overseas investors worth a staggering total of £13 billion.

That figure is set to touch the £20 billion mark should Dubai's billionaire ruler Sheik Mohammed complete his £450m takeover of Liverpool in the New Year.

But the wealthy Arab would have to settle for second place behind Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, whose own dealings in the world of oil see him top the list of wealthiest investors with a £10.8 billion fortune.

American investors Malcom Glazer and Randy Lerner come in fourth and seventh respectively in the poll of investors. Manchester United owner Glazer, 78, is said to be worth a wallet-bulging £1.05 billion while Villa's new Stateside sugar-daddy has a healthy £789m in the bank.

link
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 6 2006, 02:38 PM)
That figure is set to touch the £20 billion mark should Dubai's billionaire ruler Sheik Mohammed complete his £450m takeover of Liverpool in the New Year.

But the wealthy Arab would have to settle for second place behind Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, whose own dealings in the world of oil see him top the list of wealthiest investors with a £10.8 billion fortune.

American investors Malcom Glazer and Randy Lerner come in fourth and seventh respectively in the poll of investors. Manchester United owner Glazer, 78, is said to be worth a wallet-bulging £1.05 billion while Villa's new Stateside sugar-daddy has a healthy £789m in the bank.

Abramovich = 10x Glazer

Sheik Mo = 2x Abramovich rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 6 2006, 04:45 PM)
Abramovich = 10x Glazer

Sheik Mo = 2x Abramovich  rolleyes.gif

You misunderstood
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 6 2006, 02:49 PM)
You misunderstood

Yep. But it's kind confuse.

I mean, if Sheik Mo is the #5 world's richest man, how can he be behind Abramovich (who is not on the top 5)?
agenth
how come that michael earns more than andriy O.o
misha
QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 6 2006, 04:58 PM)
how come that michael earns more than andriy O.o

I think he earned more in his career cuz of commercials. But Sheva's salary is higher
misha
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 6 2006, 04:56 PM)
Yep. But it's kind confuse.

I mean, if Sheik Mo is the #5 world's richest man, how can he be behind Abramovich (who is not on the top 5)?

1 William Gates III United States 50.0 ($bil)
2 Warren Buffett United States 42.0
3 Carlos Slim Helu Mexico 30.0
4 Ingvar Kamprad Sweden 28.0
5 Lakshmi Mittal India 23.5
6 Paul Allen United States 22.0
7 Bernard Arnault France 21.5
8 Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud Saudi Arabia 20.0
9 Kenneth Thomson & family Canada 19.6
10 Li Ka-shing Hong Kong 18.8
11 Roman Abramovich Russia 18.2
12 Michael Dell United States 17.1
13 Karl Albrecht Germany 17.0
14 Sheldon Adelson United States 16.1
15 Liliane Bettencourt France 16.0
15 Lawrence Ellison United States 16.0
17 Christy Walton United States 15.9
17 Jim Walton United States 15.9
19 S Robson Walton United States 15.8
20 Alice Walton United States 15.7
21 Helen Walton United States 15.6
22 Theo Albrecht Germany 15.2
23 Amancio Ortega Spain 14.8
24 Steven Ballmer United States 13.6
25 Azim Premji India 13.3
agenth
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 6 2006, 04:02 PM)
I think he earned more in his career cuz of commercials. But Sheva's salary is higher

nope:
Chelsea's Andriy Shevchenko is the top foreign earner playing in England in seventh place, his £121,000-a-week deal at Stamford Bridge helping to swell his wealth to £22m, £1m ahead of Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

Another Chelsea summer import, Michael Ballack, completes the top 10 with with a relatively modest figure of £18m despite his £130,000-a-week deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.