Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 29 2007, 04:30 PM)
Yes but they can still be promoted, can't they? Playoff?

I think so, I wasn't saying they can't more that they aren't the team that has been promoted today wink.gif
Locke Lamora
3-1 for Arsenal now.
Babtista, Adebayor and penalty from Gilberto.
Davies for Fulham.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 29 2007, 04:54 PM)
3-1 for Arsenal now.
Babtista, Adebayor and penalty from Gilberto.
Davies for Fulham.

The scores flattering, It's been anything but easy this 2nd half for you guys.
Locke Lamora
Full time.
We seriously deserved this.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 29 2007, 04:58 PM)
Full time.
We seriously deserved this.

Deserved to win, 1st half you were good, 2nd half you were no where near, flattering is 3-1, anyone who didn't watch it would think it was a stroll not the case.
bigmacmtl
ya int eh end fulhams only goal came from a lehmann error although it was a cool finish by davies
bigmacmtl
ya arsenal deserved the win but fulham had a chance to make it 2-1 for them with a free header... so i dunno 3-1 is sorta harsh.
Portman

So... who's going down? Any bets?
Locke Lamora
Charlton and Watford are almost certain.
Pardew keeps f@cking up.
Neither Fulham or Wigan seems to have any fighting spirit left, and West Ham is improving by each match.

So my guess is:

Wigan or Fulham.
Charlton
Watford
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 29 2007, 08:08 PM)
So... who's going down? Any bets?

West Ham won't go down.

Wigan
Charlton
Watford

About Allardyce 8 years at club like Bolton is too much but he did great with them. I heard that Bolton's staff visited Milanello a few yers back and copied some things, especially about scientific aproach to the game.
kurtsimonw
I think Watford, Charlton and Wigan to go down.

Does anybody know why Big Sam left Bolton today? I only assume it's to take over at Arsenal or Newcastle. They never cease to disappoint.

I can not believe Birmingham bounced straight back into the Premiership, I suppose we can have the satisfaction of sending them straight back down next season. devil.gif
Locke Lamora
Yes, we dominated the 1st half and achieved little in the 2nd, but overall we were the better team.
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 29 2007, 07:49 PM)
West Ham won't go down.

Wigan
Charlton
Watford

About Allardyce 8 years at club like Bolton is too much but he did great with them. I heard that Bolton's staff visited Milanello a few yers back and copied some things, especially about scientific aproach to the game.

Everybody is doing that sleep.gif We should really keep these things to ourselves.

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 29 2007, 08:30 PM)
Yes, we dominated the 1st half and achieved little in the 2nd, but overall we were the better team.

Maybe a 2-1 scoreline would have been a better reflection of the overall game, but Arsenal were amazing in the first half
Locke Lamora
Then again none of the goals were undeserved, but we should have scored more in the 1st half.
Babtista did a good job but he threw so many chances away.
I miss Henry and Van Persie...
Tennie
Anyone care to take odds about there being a lawsuit if West Ham DON'T go down?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 30 2007, 01:16 PM)
Anyone care to take odds about there being a lawsuit if West Ham DON'T go down?

It's pathetic yes West Ham were in the wrong but this has happened so late in the season that any club that might go down because of them, shouldn't be that far down the league anyway!

I don't think a team not getting deducted points is something you can blame relegation on, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Neil Warnock try.

Over in this country we hate the Deco's of this world who go down then hold out an imaginary card, surely this whole law suit is the same principle...
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 30 2007, 01:11 PM)
Then again none of the goals were undeserved, but we should have scored more in the 1st half.
Babtista did a good job but he threw so many chances away.
I miss Henry and Van Persie...

Definately agree that you deserved to go into half time leading by 2 goals. The 'Beast' wasted quite a few sitters
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2007, 09:00 PM)
Definately agree that you deserved to go into half time leading by 2 goals. The 'Beast' wasted quite a few sitters

He was disappointing ..
Locke Lamora
Its always disappointing to watch Arsenal create and create and create just to then throw it away.
If we had Van Persie or Henry back then they could start converting those wonderful passes from Hleb, Fabregas and Rosicky into goals.
Babtista just keeps giving everything in every match though, too bad he can't finish properly.
Jack Sparrow
Guess Baptista's down with a case of Gilardinoliosis. Characterized by a high work rate, but next to nothing returns
dst
we might see an explosion of transfers this summer considering Arsenal's and Chelsea's situations...
Locke Lamora
I know Wenger is setting his sights on Franck Ribery and Afonso Alves, but he has stated he would only buy two or three players during the summer.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 4 2007, 05:25 PM)
I know Wenger is setting his sights on Franck Ribery and Afonso Alves, but he has stated he would only buy two or three players during the summer.

What I wanted to say is that if Wenger leaves Arsenal this coming summer or if he's planning to leave the summer after this one then some players might follow him...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ May 5 2007, 04:36 AM)
What I wanted to say is that if Wenger leaves Arsenal this coming summer or if he's planning to leave the summer after this one then some players might follow him...

About that, if Wenger leaves Arsenal, I believe they will drop in the standings and expectation. Wenger is simply the best manager they have had and losing him means Arsenal would loose it's status as one of the top 4 teams
Locke Lamora
Some news concerning Wenger:
He recently stated that he would honour his contract with Arsenal and would then decide wether he has a future with Arsenal
He demands that Arsenal will be serious title challengers next year, and that they have a crack at all three cups at the same time.
Even if Arsenal go through next season trophyless, the important thing to him is that they start to seriously rival LIverpool, ManU and Chelsea.
His own words:
"If we go through next season emptyhanded and without having contested any trophy at all, that means I'm not doing my job properly and should leave.
But I still see great potential in the team, we just need to turn that potential into success."
Rossoneri7
^^

Arsenal without wenger, would be a different team; it doesnt have the history or financial backings like United or Chelsea .. So u know what I'm talking about.

The onl manager that would do good in Arsenal, if wenger leaves is Guus Hiddnik ...

IMO, Arsenal without wenger isn't the same. It won't be the same, in fact much worse .. Especially with such stiff competition from all of Liverpool, United, and Chelsea
Locke Lamora
Exactly.
I have always feared the moment when I don't know if Wenger will be boss in a year or so.
He has done so much for Arsenal, and the Premiership, he's become iconic.
But as for now, I'm looking forward to mauling Chelsea at the Emirates. king.gif
arivanjj
Man City 0 - 1 Man U

Man City missed a penalty and CR scored from a penalty. rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ May 5 2007, 02:40 PM)
Man City 0 - 1 Man U

Man City missed a penalty and CR scored from a penalty. rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GVkhE6CVI <- Ball on Ronaldo. rolleyes.gif

What happened to Joey Barton? He's their best player... kicked someones _ss and run to Algarve this week? huh.gif

He's crazy, top player though.
Tennie
If I'm remembering correctly, Joey Barton beat up one of his teammates during training earlier in the week -- the other guy had to go to the hospital. As a result, Man City suspended him for the rest of the yar.
Portman
Fulham 1-0 Reds. Pathetic Liverpool. Pathetic Benitez. 2nd lost in a row.
I know the 3rd or 4th place is the same in England but still...

With 3 matches to play in 1 month he plays the reserves, with Arsenal 1p behind him?
Tomorrow Arsenal probably beats Chelsea as they've no defenders and get the 3rd place.

Benitez is going to lose everything. The 3rd place in EPL and the title in UCL.
dst
biggrin.gif
Portman
Tomorrow 16:00 UK. Arsenal v Chelsea.
Locke Lamora
First of all, Chelsea will need to first beat Arsenal, THEN Man U to have any hope.
And beating Arsenal at The Emirates is nearly impossible, the West Ham game was a horrenduos steal, and after bumping out of the CL and Mourinho attacking Ronaldo by bringing up his work-class background...come on. wink.gif

And for Wenger, finally besting Mourinho would have been a good way to end a terrible season.

So I think Arsenal will win this one.
Portman
1st half underway in Emirates.

Chelsea playing without Drogba, Ballack and Shevchenko.
Locke Lamora
Boring game...
Tennie
Wow. Boulahrouz straight red for a last man foul. Arsenal convert the penalty. 1-0, Gunners.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 6 2007, 10:47 AM)
Wow. Boulahrouz straight red for a last man foul. Arsenal convert the penalty. 1-0, Gunners.

what a joke of a defender, he's done nothing but **** this season.
Portman
I've no doubt it wasn't Mourinho who chose Boula transfer... rolleyes.gif
Put a under-19 player there. It's more safe. rolleyes.gif

Anyway... Arrogant Kids FC champs of Ingurlund. Arsenal won the 3rd spot.
Chelsea and Liverpool will lose everything they've to play for.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ May 6 2007, 07:04 PM)
I've no doubt it wasn't Mourinho who chose Boula transfer...  rolleyes.gif

You kidding me?? Who chose him, Abramovic?? I guess he liked his goals... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Of course it was a Mourinho transfer, just like Del Horno before him. They are destroyers... Boulahrouz reached the pick of his career when he kicked CR out, Del Horno when he deliberately kicked Messi. That's the only thing they can do right... and that's the reason why Mourinho chose them IMO.
Portman
I'm telling you he wasn't the one. Otherwise he wouldn't play Essien or likes as CB in important matches...

Anyway, 1-1 FT. Arsenal lost the opportunity to get the 3rd place.

Mancunt Onighted champion of UK.
dst
Essien is better than him at CB, that doesn't prove anything. He's there only for special occasions... how many games did Del Horno play last season!?? rolleyes.gif

Anyway... there's no point arguing about this matter, it's Boulahrouz for God's sake who gives a damn!
Portman
Another thing:

Arsenal fans chanting "Liverpool! Liverpool!" at Chelsea players in the beginning. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
So low.
Locke Lamora
Hell, Chelsea were lucky they got that point.
If Eboue's shot had been a tiny bit lower...
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 6 2007, 05:44 PM)
Hell, Chelsea were lucky they got that point.
If Eboue's shot had been a tiny bit lower...

Haha, Chelsea played you off the park in the 2nd half with 10 men!

Arsenal wasted chances again.

Oh and I'm so glad that Eboue I mean 50 Cent didn't score in the last minute, god knows what his celebration would have been!
Rossoneri7
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

So Shevcheno's first season at Chelsea is marked without a CL or EPL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Locke Lamora
They were better late on in the game, but as Hleb forces Cech to save, Eboue hit the bar and Gallas being in a good position to score a header, I can't see how they "played us off the park" wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 6 2007, 08:46 PM)
They were better late on in the game, but as Hleb forces Cech to save, Eboue hit the bar and Gallas being in a good position to score a header, I can't see how they "played us off the park" wink.gif

You wouldn't your an Arsenal fan, I know those types of people wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif
Locke Lamora
How about directly explain your logic?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 6 2007, 09:44 PM)
How about directly explain your logic?

Well it goes from my experience from Arsenal fans to be honest. If they lose it's never their fault always the referees or the other team 'diving'! We won't mention Pires, Reyes, Vieira and all the others who used to do it week in, week out.

They are all so noisy outside the stadium, why can you hear a pin drop in it?!

Sorry to generalise but like kurtsimon hates Man United fans I really dislike the Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea ones I have come into contact with (most anyway)

On another note, looks like big Sam Allardyce will be managing Newcastle now that Roeder has walked away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.