Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 8 2007, 02:28 AM)
GREAT .. He should go to Madrid. He is a brilliant player and Chelsea aren't letting him express himself. If they want Shevchenko, they will have to let go of Robben. But above all, this will take the media's lenses off of Kaka-Madrid rolleyes.gif

Hum, didn't think about that but it's true. Robben is the best LW in the world, 23, and the only prob is the injuries. I'd say he's worth about 30-40M. Without injuries he'd be up to 60M. (With 23)

Now... go Madrid! biggrin.gif
Portman
ALONSO SIGNS FOR FIVE MORE YEARS
Xabi Alonso has become the fourth Liverpool player this week to sign a new contract at Anfield after penning a deal which will keep him at the club until 2012.

Thank fvck this guy is not goin' Barcelona. I think it was the best for him.

Liverpool is renewing their best players contracts since last week: Gerrard, Carragher, Reina, X.Alonso... probably some more soon.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 7 2007, 09:38 PM)
FIFA President said he was a Real Madrid fan few days ago.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Of course, when he was young, Real used to be a great club! wink.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 8 2007, 06:07 AM)
Can SOmeone please explain to me this part huh.gif

No, it can't get any simpler... rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 8 2007, 03:17 PM)
Of course, when he was young, Real used to be a great club!  wink.gif

biggrin.gif It won't happen again in his lifetime
dst
Now they rely too much on their history... even more than the Greeks do... rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Lol...so the Greeks and Madrid are both an embarassment? tongue.gif

j/k....I love Greece...forza Demis Roussos!!!
kurtsimonw
News today involving Villa:
Gavin McCann has been sold to Bolton Wanderers for around £1m after he agreed terms and passed a medical. - The price doesn't really matter since money is no real object to us, but has MON finally lost it? You don't sell your only good holding player!

Tottenham have become favourites to land Ajax ace Wesley Sneijder, followed by Villa. The Dutch club have rejected various bids from Spanish outfit Valencia, opening the door for Spurs and Villa to make their moves. It is thought Sneijder, 22, would prefer a move to London, rather than Birmingham and is also keen to link up with Dutch manager Martin Jol. - I knew we shouldn't have our team so British based, I think it's best for us if we turn into Arsenal and sell all our English players. rolleyes.gif

Maybe Sneijder will be an EPL player after all?
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 8 2007, 03:52 PM)
News today involving Villa:
Gavin McCann has been sold to Bolton Wanderers for around £1m after he agreed terms and passed a medical. - The price doesn't really matter since money is no real object to us, but has MON finally lost it? You don't sell your only good holding player!

Tottenham have become favourites to land Ajax ace Wesley Sneijder, followed by Villa. The Dutch club have rejected various bids from Spanish outfit Valencia, opening the door for Spurs and Villa to make their moves. It is thought Sneijder, 22, would prefer a move to London, rather than Birmingham and is also keen to link up with Dutch manager Martin Jol. - I knew we shouldn't have our team so British based, I think it's best for us if we turn into Arsenal and sell all our English players.  rolleyes.gif

Maybe Sneijder will be an EPL player after all?

I thought Sneijder was going to Valencia.

I heard too that Bellamy is leaving Liverpool to one of Newcastle/West Ham/Aston Villa.
kurtsimonw
Apparently he's keen to rejoin Newcastle. The £9m they're now asking for is what's putting everybody off, they only bought him for £7m and he's hardly had a great season.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 8 2007, 03:44 PM)
Apparently he's keen to rejoin Newcastle. The £9m they're now asking for is what's putting everybody off, they only bought him for £7m and he's hardly had a great season.

They will get £9m for Owen rolleyes.gif Bellamy isn't worth the same amount.
dst
Blues to watch Alex the Duck
9 Jun 2007

Reports in Brazil claim that Chelsea will dispatch a scout to keep a close eye on Alexandre Pato's performances during the Under 20 World Cup.

The Blues are believed to be interested in the 17-year-old sensation who has become one of his country's most in-demand young talents.

Pato - nicknamed Alex the Duck - has been identified as the next big thing in Brazil after impressing with Internacional - the club that launched the career of current national coach Dunga.

The striker's performances have not escaped the notice of Premiership giants Chelsea and The Blues will monitor his displays during the youth competition in Canada.

Brazilian newspaper Zero Hora reports that a scout from Stamford Bridge will be in attendance when the South American nation play Poland, South Korea and United States in the tournament which begins on 30th June.

Pato - Brazil's top scorer in the 2007 South American Youth Championship - has also been linked with a number of other top European sides including Internazionale and Milan.

skysports

His price is going UP!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 10 2007, 12:07 AM)
His price is going UP!

Get me 500,000 stocks, take it off the market now !!!

biggrin.gif
bigmacmtl
i'l be watching pato and anderson biggrin.gif at the U20s i have tickets for poland/brazil, south korea/brazil and the 1/4 finals
Portman
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...mits+Owen+fears

Michael Owen back to Anfield? Well, he's 27 and usually the "prime" in fowards in between 27-31. So I'd say it would be a good move for Liverpool. To Liverpool or to any other club who get him.
kurtsimonw
Good move for Liverpool, though I think it means Bellamy + one other will leave. There's no way they're going to have Crouch, Kuty, Voronin and Owen. In other countries it can work, but with the EPL only having 5 substitues it'd more than likely mean one of them misses the game altogether, which they won't be pleased with.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 10 2007, 03:39 PM)
Good move for Liverpool, though I think it means Bellamy + one other will leave. There's no way they're going to have Crouch, Kuty, Voronin and Owen. In other countries it can work, but with the EPL only having 5 substitues it'd more than likely mean one of them misses the game altogether, which they won't be pleased with.

They'll have 4 fowards for sure.

Crouch + Kuyt + Bellamy + Fowler; this season.
Fowler is leaving, Bellamy probably too. Voronin in and... Player X? Who's gonna be?

What about Darren Bent? He's young and quality? You think he would adapt to a big club? I heard he's leaving his club who went down.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 10 2007, 06:15 PM)
Player X? Who's gonna be?

What about Darren Bent? He's young and quality? You think he would adapt to a big club? I heard he's leaving his club who went down.

They need to bring a world class
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 10 2007, 04:39 PM)
They need to bring a world class

He scored 15 goals this season in the EPL... in Charlton. rolleyes.gif
Still young, could become world-class in a top-team.
misha
They need one that can produce right now both in the EPL and CL. Benitez knows that. Maybe he will increase the Spanish colony in Liverpool (Villa ,Torres) wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 10 2007, 05:00 PM)
They need one that can produce right now both in the EPL and CL. Benitez knows that. Maybe he will increase the Spanish colony in Liverpool (Villa ,Torres) wink.gif

They may sell Bellamy and Cisse. But I doubt they'll have $$$ for that kind. I know it's exactly what they need but late rumours say that Benitez doesn't have as many funds as we thought... the "spend-big" thing. rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 10 2007, 07:07 PM)
They may sell Bellamy and Cisse. But I doubt they'll have $$$ for that kind. I know it's exactly what they need but late rumours say that Benitez doesn't have as many funds as we thought... the "spend-big" thing.  rolleyes.gif

I think Benitez would insist on that. Maybe they don't have enough to buy a couple stars but a good striker is a must for them to progress further as a team.
kurtsimonw
Darren Bent IS top class. If I were Martin O'Neill I'd be on the Charlton right now with a £20m offer.

He's the best English striker by quiet some way. The service he gets at Charlton is awful, and he still out-scores Wayne Rooney/Peter Crouch on a regular basis. And he doesn't have Gerrard, Alonso, Kewell, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo giving him the ball.

If Liverpool get him, they'll be a real force in the Permier League. Though, he won't sort out their goal needs in the Champions League, Kuyt has proved countless times he can't score (Unless he's offside tongue.gif ). Crouch isn't all that great and I don't know Voronin enough to comment.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 10 2007, 06:36 PM)
If Liverpool get him, they'll be a real force in the Permier League.

What if Liverpool get a guy that in 181 matches in Serie A scored 109... (no penalties)? ohmy.gif

07.06.2007, 17:15 calciomercato.com
Liverpool market consultant Mauro Pederzoli told Teleradiostereo that the Reds are interested in David Trezeguet. “We are looking for a strong striker and Trezeguet is one of them, but we are not considering a swap deal with Xabi Alonso, who Benitez sees as a key player of this team.”

If there's a man that can take Liverpool to "the other level" is this guy.
kurtsimonw
Agreed. Though I think he'd take a while to settle into the league.
But it would be nice to have a 3 way race for the title for a change, for too long now it's only been two teams that perform every year.

Maybe if they get him Villa will go after Bent, then again, we don't want to turn into Inter with all those strikers.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 10 2007, 11:24 PM)
Agreed. Though I think he'd take a while to settle into the league.

A world-class striker like Trezeguet doesn't need to settle. Just look at Nistelrooy in La Liga. 1st season... 25 goals, top-scorer and 1 match to play.

I think they're very similar. Ruud and David Trezeguet. Along with Inzaghi... the best 3 inbox-strikers in the world. Although David is probably the one with more class. Well, he's french. wink.gif

We're not talking about a foward like Shevchenko. We're talking about pure inbox guys.
kurtsimonw
Maybe, and hopefully, you're right. Liverpool can't buy goals in the Premiership, if they scored more thay'd be contenders, no doubt. If they can pick up Trezeguet they would only need a decent left sided midfielder to complete their team for the Premiership.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 10 2007, 11:36 PM)
Maybe, and hopefully, you're right. Liverpool can't buy goals in the Premiership, if they scored more thay'd be contenders, no doubt. If they can pick up Trezeguet they would only need a decent left sided midfielder to complete their team for the Premiership.

Err... Malouda? I heard he's the main target for Benitez. Probably their first big sign since the Americans.
kurtsimonw
I forgot about him.

--------------------- Reina --------------

Finnan -- Carragher - Agger ---- Riise

Gerrard - Alonso - Mascherano - Malouda

------------- Trezeguet - Kuyt -------------

Subs:
Carson
Arbeloa
Sissoko
Crouch
Voronin

Their match day squad may look something like that. Not too bad, the only player I wouldn't consider very good would be Steve Finnan. Other than that, wow.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 10 2007, 11:43 PM)
I forgot about him.

------------- Trezeguet - Kuyt -------------

Subs:
Carson
Arbeloa
Sissoko
Crouch
Voronin

Their match day squad may look something like that. Not too bad, the only player I wouldn't consider very good would be Steve Finnan. Other than that, wow.

Don't do that. It's just June. biggrin.gif They can even end up with none of those.

Finnan for the defense is OK. For the attack... not strong as Riise.
Let's wait and enjoy the market... as European Champions. cool.gif
kurtsimonw
I should really be looking forward to this summer.

Milan are European Champions, we can attract almost anybody.
Villa have finally got a summer where they can spend money thanks to Mr. Lerner.
Sevilla have shown they can compete by having a great La Liga season, winning the UEFA Cup and, fingers crossed, Cop Del Rey.

What a great year. biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 11 2007, 01:43 AM)

------------- R10 - Etoo -------------

We would still beat them 2-1 wink.gif king.gif biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 11 2007, 01:47 AM)
We would still beat them 2-1 wink.gif  king.gif  biggrin.gif

Who was the **** who put there a player that is gonna be with us next season? smile.gif wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 11 2007, 12:59 AM)
Who was the **** who put there a player that is gonna be with us next season?  smile.gif  wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I was expectng something like that from you. Are you so sure R10s going to be here!?
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 11 2007, 02:11 AM)
Are you so sure R10s going to be here!?

Just did my math "1+1=2". Nothing more than that.

We'll see if I'm right or wrong. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 11 2007, 01:18 AM)
Just did my math "1+1=2". Nothing more than that.

We'll see if I'm right or wrong.  smile.gif

I just worked it out for myself. 1+1=2 is correct, so obviously R10s going to be here. As easy as that. wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 11 2007, 03:59 AM)
Who was the **** who put there a player that is gonna be with us next season?  smile.gif  wink.gif

Kurt was just exaggerating biggrin.gif

And yes R10 is a done deal for next season, even if the rumors are pointing at another direction wink.gif
misha
Tevez says no to United

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson looks like losing out to Italian champions Inter Milan in the race to sign Carlos Tevez.

The Premiership champions have remained tight-lipped over whether or not the West Ham striker is a genuine transfer target, though Ferguson is understood to be keen to lure Tevez to Old Trafford.

Chief executive David Gill has admitted that Ferguson wants a new striker and insists funds are available to bring someone in, though United look like being outbid for the Argentine forward.

Ferguson is keen to land Tevez on a 12-month loan deal with a view to signing him permanently for around £12 million once the issue of the player's ownership is resolved.

Old Trafford officials, including Gill, have reportedly discussed a deal with their counterparts at Upton Park but Tevez, apparently, has told sources that he is not keen on a temporary move to United and would prefer to join Inter instead.

Kia Joorabchian, who was behind Tevez's transfer from Corinthians to West Ham last summer, has already spoken to Inter, who are prepared to pay up to £30 million for Tevez and offer him a four-year-deal worth around £75,000 a week. Such a fee would virtually put United out of the chase.

Ferguson has already spent £50 million on two summer signings and knows there is a limit to how much cash there is at his disposal.

Real Madrid are also in the hunt and hope to hold talks with Tevez's representatives this week, with another interested team, Chelsea, monitoring the situation.

Ferguson, who is on holiday in France, could turn to Barcelona's Eidur Gudjohnsen, while Dimitar Berbatov, of Tottenham, and Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres are also possible targets.

link
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 11 2007, 02:30 AM)
And yes R10 is a done deal for next season, even if the rumors are pointing at another direction wink.gif

Finally someone who thinks the right way.

But this guys don't believe in us. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 11 2007, 01:48 PM)
Finally someone who thinks the right way.

But this guys don't believe in us.  cool.gif

At least Silvio believes in us, what more do u want cool.gif biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Bet it's that ****(I'm beginning to pick this habit from u Porty, I never used this word to swear), Crespo who's put him up to it. Inter puke.gif !!!

If he stays 4 more years in West Ham, he'll be a legend, this guy single handedly staved off relegation. With Scott Parker coming into the side, and Charlton being raided by West Ham, the Hammers are looking at European football next season, to make up for this one.
redbabies
Wenger promises Gunners will be competitive

Arsene Wenger has thanked Arsenal's fans for their 'trust' - and promised a much more competitive team to watch at Emirates Stadium next season.

'I would like to thank the fans because they have been consistent in their support to our team - week in, week out, 60,000 turn up at the Emirates even when we were out of the championship race,'

'First I would like to thank them for the way they trust us and promise them that we will come back next season and fulfil all their hopes and at least give everything to do it.'

---------------------------------------

I cant see Arsenal competitive next season.
At least not unless they spend 70mil rolleyes.gif

more on HERE!
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 11 2007, 06:12 PM)
Bet it's that ****(I'm beginning to pick this habit from u Porty, I never used this word to swear), Crespo who's put him up to it. Inter puke.gif !!!

If he stays 4 more years in West Ham, he'll be a legend, this guy single handedly staved off relegation. With Scott Parker coming into the side, and Charlton being raided by West Ham, the Hammers are looking at European football next season, to make up for this one.

You're worried of Tevez goin' to Inter? If we get Ronaldinho we'll top every single club/team.

Don't worry, be happy. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Can't help thinking that Tevez + Zlatan > R10 (slightly)

I forgot we had Kaka and Ronaldo heh heh...silly me...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (redbabies @ Jun 11 2007, 08:25 PM)
Wenger promises Gunners will be competitive

Arsene Wenger has thanked Arsenal's fans for their 'trust' - and promised a much more competitive team to watch at Emirates Stadium next season.

'I would like to thank the fans because they have been consistent in their support to our team - week in, week out, 60,000 turn up at the Emirates even when we were out of the championship race,'

'First I would like to thank them for the way they trust us and promise them that we will come back next season and fulfil all their hopes and at least give everything to do it.'

---------------------------------------

I cant see Arsenal competitive next season.
At least not unless they spend 70mil
rolleyes.gif

more on HERE!

Actually they lack experience. They are in desperate need of those players around the age range of 30 or so. They lost Bergkamp, Pirez, and Viera in the space of 2 seasons. Now they are bound to loose Henry. With only Gilberto being the experienced one of the pack.

I say they need experience more than they need to spend more cash wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
They need an experienced fullback. Eboue is all potential and little else. They need an experience Senderos replacement. Just like we have Kaladze.

I don't think Gilberto is the best player who can play that position alongside Fabregas. But then he's an icon, so screw it. Though Arsenal would do much better with Emerson.

They could also use someone like our own JDT( I know ...I know he plays for vllareal). But u know what I mean.

Might be a good idea to make a splash for either a)Riquelme b)Quaresma c)Pato

If Wenger stays Quaresma or Pato would be big news....Riquelme is a brilliant addition to any squad. Of course Rosicky might be benched then...
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 11 2007, 07:24 PM)
Can't help thinking that Tevez + Zlatan > R10 (slightly)

I forgot we had Kaka and Ronaldo heh heh...silly me...

Kaka' + 10R > World.
kurtsimonw
I agree with Porty. R10 and Kaka' could be superb together in the right system, I'm sure Carlo will get it right, too. cool.gif

................................................................................
I found something interesting on the Premier Leagues official site. They use what they call 'Actim' stats to rate players on goals, assists, fouls against, fouls commited, etc. To show how well a player performs overall. Here are the top 10:

1 Didier Drogba - Chelsea - 628
2 Cristiano Ronaldo - Manchester United - 617
3 Dimitar Berbatov - Tottenham Hotspur - 611
4 Wayne Rooney - Manchester United - 580
5 Frank Lampard - Chelsea - 572
6 Mikel Arteta - Everton - 567
7 Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal - 565
8 Gareth Barry - Aston Villa - 561
9 Benni McCarthy - Blackburn Rovers - 535
10 Gabriel Agbonlahor - Aston Villa - 517
Actim 100

I really hope someone can explain to me why Gareth Barry is not in the England squad, he's rated as the 3rd best English player, above Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Crouch, Owen.

England managers are crap. BARRY FOR ENGLAND!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2007, 09:22 PM)
England managers are crap.

No comment. rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 13 2007, 12:16 AM)
No comment. rolleyes.gif

All they want is Big Phil. We all know that. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 13 2007, 02:56 AM)

All they want is Big Phil. We all know that.  cool.gif

He coached Kuwait in the 90's and coached al tongue.gif qadisiya, a couple years later .. He is regarded very highly. But he deserves to be in the top wink.gif

I think he can take Portugal to a higher level, he is the right coach for it. Maybe Euro08 cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.