Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Rossoneri7
^^^

Well, they have been waiting and still can wait. They have a lot of respect for Wenger. After David Dein left them, the club said that only Arsene would select who would take Dein's place. And this should show you how highly Wenger is regarded in London. And the fans, think no less of him wink.gif
bigmacmtl
does anyone know if Anderson will play for Brazil's U20 at the U20 world cup? cuz i'm gonna be at a couple of the games. i really hope he's there.
Portman
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...MIRERS+ON+ALERT

Make your bets... where is the best RB in the world going? Liverpool? Chelsea? Onighted? I doubt Spain or Italy...
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 03:17 AM)
Teams change, people change... players get better.  wink.gif

Just look at Onighted. They changed 1-2 players since Benfica humiliated and kicked them out of CL 05/06 (everybody made fun of them)... and this year they're godlike...  rolleyes.gif

United had a much greater "torso" of a team last season compared to Liverpool's current one. Apart from Alonso, Gerrard, Mascherano and Reina the rest of their players are mediocre in my view. They don't have consistency.

If Liverpool buy a new RB, LMF and FW and Rafa kicks out a bunch of players (as it seems like he's gonna do) then they're gonna need time to form a compact group. Plus the FW and LMF positions are key positions. United got a CB and a DMF. Liverpool's going to stay behind in the beginning of the season...

But maybe I'm wrong, we'll see...

QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 03:17 AM)
PS: Oh, and Dani Alves is something else.  wink.gif Liverpool (or other team) would get a big boost just for gettin' him.

You already know my opinion about Alves...
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 01:41 PM)
I doubt Spain or Italy...

why is that?? If Real want him, I don't think he'd opt for Liverpool...

Italy doesn't seem to suit him yeah.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ May 31 2007, 11:56 AM)
why is that?? If Real want him, I don't think he'd opt for Liverpool...

Italy doesn't seem to suit him yeah.

Real has Cicinho + Ramos. I doubt they'll sign him.

About Italy is not that. We've Oddo, Inter Maicon, Roma » Panucci, Juventus... I doubt they'll spend 25-30M euros on a RB + plus no CL.

United has Neville for some more years. Arsenal Eboue.
Chelsea have Geremi and Ferreira. Liverpool the ol'Finnan and... Arbeloa (who can do the left or right).

So I think Liverpool is prob the best choice for him. They'd have a fvckin' pair of full-backs if this transfer is confirmed... Riise+Alves. Prob the best pair in Europe.
dst
Cicinho is not worth to even look at Alves. He's a mediocre player worthy of a good team, not Real. Ramos is good but still, Alves is some million times better.

I think Italy is not even on his mind. Even if Milan went for him he would prefer a move to the Prem, even at Arsenal.
whoarethepatriots
Wow i cant believe someone was stupid enough to pay that much for Nani, but when the team in question is Man Utd nothing surprises me.

He is overrated nothing more, he has some potential but im not sure if its that much

English teams are becoming unbelievably rich, the Spanish team and Italian teams will struggle to compete in the long run

on another note...

HOW THE HELL DID THE PREMIERSHIP SECURE THIS MUCH MONEY!!!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ May 31 2007, 01:44 PM)
Cicinho is not worth to even look at Alves. He's a mediocre player worthy of a good team, not Real. Ramos is good but still, Alves is some million times better.

I think Italy is not even on his mind. Even if Milan went for him he would prefer a move to the Prem, even at Arsenal.

You really hate Cicinho. wink.gif Ramos is Real's best defender but I prefer him on the right. Really agressive and good defensively and in the attack.

Obviously Alves is in "another level". cool.gif
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 31 2007, 01:48 PM)
Wow i cant believe someone was stupid enough to pay that much for Nani, but when the team in question is Man Utd nothing surprises me.

He is overrated nothing more, he has some potential but im not sure if its that much

English teams are becoming unbelievably rich, the Spanish team and Italian teams will struggle to compete in the long run

on another note...

HOW THE HELL DID THE PREMIERSHIP SECURE THIS MUCH MONEY!!!

TV rights... billionaires behind the clubs...
dst
I don't hate Cicinho, nature does... he's clearly NOT a RB as he can't defend but he's always fielded in that position...

Maybe he'd be good as a RW, RMF... it's the same issue we have/had with Serginho.
kurtsimonw
Cicinho is as much as right back as Ramos is a centre back. They both play out of position, but it doesn't really matter if they're getting the job done.

Cicinho was actually pretty good at the last World Cup when he played, I'm a big fan myself, I like the attacking full backs, with him being Brazillian it's in his nature, just look at Cafu, Carlos, Alves and co.

My Prediction: Alves is a Liverpool player next season.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 02:11 PM)
My Prediction: Alves is a Liverpool player next season.

I get the feeling Torres maybe there as well although he could be go to Old Trafford.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 05:11 PM)
Cicinho was actually pretty good at the last World Cup when he played, I'm a big fan myself, I like the attacking full backs, with him being Brazillian it's in his nature, just look at Cafu, Carlos, Alves and co.

Cicinho was very good but only in attack!

Cafu can tackle and when he was younger he never left his defense exposed.
Carlos is a legend! He deserved the Golden Ball in two seasons!
Alves is by far the best RB right now, he defends and attacks better than anybody else!

Cicinho can ONLY attack and that's why he's NOT a RB!
kurtsimonw
If that were the case he'd have been put in a different position. wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 31 2007, 03:27 PM)
I get the feeling Torres maybe there as well although he could be go to Old Trafford.

It depends if United want to spend big or not in a foward. Then Torres-Huntelaar are the big targets IMO.

BTW: Isn't Torres the guy who uses his captain armband (in Atletico) with the "You'll Never Walk Alone" words printed in? Oh yes, it is. rolleyes.gif

La Liga finishes in 18 days. I guess we've to wait until mid-June to see any move.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 03:13 PM)
It depends if United want to spend big or not in a foward. Then Torres-Huntelaar are the big targets IMO.

BTW: Isn't Torres the guy who uses his captain armband (in Atletico) with the "You'll Never Walk Alone" words printed in? Oh yes, it is.  rolleyes.gif

La Liga finishes in 18 days. I guess we've to wait until mid-June to see any move.

What the hell? Why the heck does he have that!?

Didn't Torres already turn United down? I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed where he is, he seems to have that loyalty about him.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 03:17 PM)

Yeah the press were going mad at this earlier this year when there was a picture taken of him with it, lets not forget you'll never walk alone is also the song of Celtic... yeah maybe that's a long shot tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 31 2007, 03:32 PM)
Yeah the press were going mad at this earlier this year when there was a picture taken of him with it, lets not forget you'll never walk alone is also the song of Celtic... yeah maybe that's a long shot  tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink turned down the EPL to move to Celtic, there's always a chance! smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 04:17 PM)

Prob some friend from Liverpool gave it to him. But yes, it's true.

Fernando Torres has 'You'll Never Walk Alone' inscribed on the inside of his captain's armband

Atletico Madrid captain Fernando Torres, reportedly a summer transfer target for Man Utd, wears an armband with 'You'll Never Walk Alone' inscribed on the inside – the armband came loose during Atletico’s 2-0 defeat away to Real Sociedad at the weekend.

The Sun has put two and two together and decided that this obviously is a 'come and get me!' plea to compatriot Rafa Benitez. We're not sure about that, but we'd be interested to know why Torres wears an armband with Liverpool's rallying call written on it. Maybe he supported Liverpool as a kid - any answers/ideas welcome…

It could be "his future" or it could be just for motivation. I dunno.
kurtsimonw
Let's just hope for motivation.. It is one of those songs, even if you hate Liverpool/Celtic/St. Pauli, whoever else sings it.. It still gets you going. I hope that's why he has it anyways. sad.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 03:47 PM)
Let's just hope for motivation.. It is one of those songs, even if you hate Liverpool/Celtic/St. Pauli, whoever else sings it.. It still gets you going. I hope that's why he has it anyways.  sad.gif

I can't think of a Spanish attacker that has done well in the EPL, not that there have been many... Probably going to get a list of 5000 now! Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Morientes at Liverpool and he was erm less than average to say the least...
Portman
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 31 2007, 05:03 PM)
I can't think of a Spanish attacker that has done well in the EPL, not that there have been many... Probably going to get a list of 5000 now!

Torres is world-class. And still very young and physical. I'm sure he'd adapt to any big club in EPL.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 10:04 AM)
Torres is world-class. And still very young and physical. I'm sure he'd adapt to any big club in EPL.

Ditto.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 04:47 PM)
Let's just hope for motivation.. It is one of those songs, even if you hate Liverpool/Celtic/St. Pauli, whoever else sings it.. It still gets you going. I hope that's why he has it anyways.  sad.gif

Nothing to do with it but...

Antunes (Paços de Ferreira LB kid) was called by Scolari. Caneira (from Sporting, on-loan from Valencia) is injuried so Antunes got in the Portuguese NT. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 05:41 PM)
Nothing to do with it but...

Antunes (Paços de Ferreira LB kid) was called by Scolari. Caneira (from Sporting, on-loan from Valencia) is injuried so Antunes got in the Portuguese NT.  wink.gif

Woo hoo!

Let's just hope he doesn't play so fantastic that the big guns start showing interest. biggrin.gif
dst
I think Liverpool would be better off buying Villa or Tevez. The latter would score a whole lotta goals while Villa would also help the whole team progress as he's a great worker... a quality Rafa really admires in his players.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 06:43 PM)
Woo hoo!

Let's just hope he doesn't play so fantastic that the big guns start showing interest.  biggrin.gif

I might be wrong but I just had a dinner with a friend of mine (who works in FCPorto SAD... like admin in the club department) and he said many good things about that Antunes.

I dunno what he meant by saying "He is an interesting player." rolleyes.gif

We'll see on the next days.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ May 31 2007, 09:14 PM)
I might be wrong but I just had a dinner with a friend of mine (who works in FCPorto SAD... like admin in the club department) and he said many good things about that Antunes.

I dunno what he meant by saying "He is an interesting player."  rolleyes.gif

We'll see on the next days.

Hopefully that doesn't mean they have an interest in him.

I'm pretty sure he'd pick CL football and Porto over Villa.. Even though we'd kick their @ss. cool.gif
Portman
Red target Malouda pleads for Premiership move

Last updated at 23:47pm on 31st May 2007

Liverpool target Florent Malouda has urged Lyon not to price him out of a move to the Premiership.

Rafael Benitez has made the France left winger one of his prime targets this summer, but the French champions are demading a fee of £17m.

Malouda's dream: But the Frenchman's move could stumble over the asking price

Malouda said: "There has been contact with Liverpool, but nothing more than that yet. It's a beautiful club, with a great support and the chance to play in England in front of packed stadiums interests me.

"I want to go somewhere that I can take my game to the next level. I've read about what the club are expecting to get for me.

"It's not money in my pocket, but £17m is a lot. The club have a right to ask for what they think I'm worth but my only hope is it doesn't stop me from going."

If Liverpool refuse to meet the asking price, Malouda has not ruled out a move to Italy with Inter Milan monitoring his situation.

He added: "I don't have a preference over what club I'm going to, only that the league is of a good standard.

"Look at Italy. The league has been heavily criticised this season but they still produced the European champion, so that could be interesting also."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

The first big move for L'pool? This guy is top. LM/LW probs would be solved with him. Him and Kewell, big clash for the first 11...

What I like most about him is that he's agressive and really works hard + his natural talent. 13 goals and 8 assists in Ligue 1. Lyon's strongest midfielder. Him and Juninho are Lyon.

Oh... and he's not "another average player" like Zenden/Gonzalez... that's the big news in a Liverpool "hunt". wink.gif
kurtsimonw
£17m is alot to pay though. I personally thought an Inter move was on the cards, possbily Juve. Liverpool would be a decent move for him, though if he went to the Premiership, I'd have thought Arsenal would be first in line.

And that's nothing to do with the French connection.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 01:25 AM)
£17m is alot to pay though.

But that's the question for Liverpool's future. If they want quality, they must pay.

If they want to keep with Zenden's and Gonzalez's type they'll continue to fight the 3rd/4th + Cups...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 1 2007, 03:33 AM)
But that's the question for Liverpool's future. If they want quality, they must pay.

If they want to keep with Zenden's and Gonzalez's type they'll continue to fight the 3rd/4th + Cups...

Yes, absolutely agree. I think they will invest this summer. Let that be Malouda or another, they will have to sign quality to compete next year smile.gif

Zenden and Bellamy are good enough for Newcastle. Villa, etc etc .. But not anywhere close to the quality needed to challenge for the EPL. And definetely no where near competing on several fronts rolleyes.gif

Liverpool would be #1 in England. They have the fans, the history, the cash, and with the right players ... They could be favorites to land the EPL next season king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 1 2007, 03:18 AM)
Zenden and Bellamy are good enough for Newcastle. Villa, etc etc .. But not anywhere close to the quality needed to challenge for the EPL. And definetely no where near competing on several fronts rolleyes.gif

I'm going to pretend you never said that.

Disrespect is one thing.. Putting us in the same category as Newcastle is another and will not be tolerated! tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 31 2007, 09:42 PM)

Disrespect is one thing.. Putting us in the same category as Newcastle is another and will not be tolerated!  tongue.gif

Reading >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Villa

ohmy.gif

tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 06:42 AM)

Disrespect is one thing.. Putting us in the same category as Newcastle is another and will not be tolerated!  tongue.gif

Haha .. I put in Villa just to pull ur leg tongue.gif biggrin.gif
misha
ANDERSON DEAL PROBE rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

MANCHESTER UNITED'S £17million signing of Brazilian superstar Anderson will be probed by the Premier League - for fears of a new Carlos Tevez affair.

United are buying the teenager from Porto, but there will be an investigation into possible third party ownership by the mysterious Global Soccer Investment group.

Anderson was plucked from Brazilian club Gremio three years ago and sold to Porto, with GSI taking a 75 per cent stake in him when he signed for the Portuguese club.

AdvertisementNow the Premier League - under huge pressure to check the money trail in all deals - will consult Porto, Gremio and both the Portuguese and Brazilian Football Associations over these key questions.

It is the latest test case for the League whose rule on third-party ownership caused the row with West Ham over Tevez and Javier Mascherano for which the Londoners were fined £5.5million but, contentiously, not docked any points.

The ownership and identity of who put the money into GSI is a major puzzle. Porto are aware of who is behind the company, but are unwilling to reveal the truth. President Fernando Gomes revealed recently: "We know who is the head of GSI, but we are not allowed to say."

Several agents, including top wheeler-dealer Pini Zahavi and Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes, are close to the Anderson deal.

However, whether they will co-operate in any inquiry is doubtful.

United have done nothing wrong in the way they have paid the money to Porto. But the Premier League will now seek assurances about where the cash goes from there.

mirror
kurtsimonw
That transfer must be some dodgey dealings, relegate them!

Reading >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Villa

Haha .. I put in Villa just to pull ur leg

Max, R7.. You just wait until Villa do something Mila couldn't this season, and beat Inter in 2 months time. cool.gif

We'll show the World who the real Kings of Europe are.. Even if it is the Inter reserve side. unsure.gif
Portman
Relegate Onighted. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
It doesn't matter what United do, nothing would ever happen to them.

They could fix matches, they'd be given points for being clever. They have different rules to everyone else.
dst
Kurt, you sure noone knows you're saying these thing?? They'd kick you out of the country... everybody knows that only Italians steal! rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 1 2007, 05:10 PM)
Kurt, you sure noone knows you're saying these thing?? They'd kick you out of the country... everybody knows that only Italians steal!  rolleyes.gif

How can you say that after spending a few days with Liverpool fans!? tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 08:15 PM)
How can you say that after spending a few days with Liverpool fans!?  tongue.gif

I meant to say cheat... I don't know it it makes sense they way I wrote it but anyways, I had my hands on my pockets all the time.

The funny thing is, they all accepted, when the subject came up, that they are filchers and lazy... biggrin.gif

Oh, and only in Syntagma square (not a really big one but about 10,000 Scousers were there) there were consumed 3,000,000 extra beer cans per day for a week! rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
That's alot of alcohol. ohmy.gif

Chelsea have signed Claudio Pizzaro from Bayern Munich on free transfer.. Roman's spending big I see. tongue.gif
dst
Ha-ha!! Galliani's spreading some influence around... laugh.gif I'm sorry though Roman, you don't have God on your side and you don't have the Armani model either... Not gonna work! biggrin.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 01:08 PM)
That's alot of alcohol.  ohmy.gif
Chelsea have signed Claudio Pizzaro from Bayern Munich on free transfer.. Roman's spending big I see.  tongue.gif

i wouldnt laugh at that transfer. what chelsea lack is goal poachers/goal scoeres. besides drogba thats it (sheva and kalou play the support role). so i think it's a smart move, he'll make a good sub for them.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jun 1 2007, 06:15 PM)
i wouldnt laugh at that transfer. what chelsea lack is goal poachers/goal scoeres. besides drogba thats it (sheva and kalou play the support role). so i think it's a smart move, he'll make a good sub for them.

I wasn't laughing at it, I think it's a great transfer. He'll be a hit at the bridge, especially when Drogba/Kalou leave for the African Nations.

I was more laughing at the fact that they've spend nothing on 2 players and United have spent £50m on 3. rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 01:39 PM)
I wasn't laughing at it, I think it's a great transfer. He'll be a hit at the bridge, especially when Drogba/Kalou leave for the African Nations.

I was more laughing at the fact that they've spend nothing on 2 players and United have spent £50m on 3.  rolleyes.gif

kk cool. if the trend continues and the summer ends and chelsea dont spend much i bet the issue of money wont be talked about cuz when man u overspends it's ok.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jun 1 2007, 06:45 PM)
kk cool. if the trend continues and the summer ends and chelsea dont spend much i bet the issue of money wont be talked about cuz when man u overspends it's ok.

I'd like to see that actually. Chelsea bring in a few freebies or low transfers £6m or £7m type players. United continue to spend loads.

Then if United win the league it'll be the same old story 'Fergie, what a manager', 'Ronaldo, best player in the world'. Even though it's just them spending £100m. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
England vs Brazil

Leonardo's in the studio. biggrin.gif

Shearer, Lineaker and Hansen in company.

Kaka' has the number 10 shirt, Sorry 'Dinho, you're R7 now. laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 09:47 PM)
I'd like to see that actually. Chelsea bring in a few freebies or low transfers £6m or £7m type players. United continue to spend loads.

Then if United win the league it'll be the same old story 'Fergie, what a manager', 'Ronaldo, best player in the world'. Even though it's just them spending £100m.  rolleyes.gif

United make me sick !!

What the hell is the Gillet doing ?! 50M sterling for two kids ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Not Abramovic, Perez, Berlusconi, Moratti, Angielli, etc would spend that kind of money on two youngsters !! 25M pounds, u could buy Shevchenko from Milan !!!

They are seriously gonna get it !!! They will be lacking ZERO experience next season. Giggs and Scholes are dipping in form.

United will be lucky if they reach 3rd place next year rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.