Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 23 2007, 01:36 AM)
Talkin' to me?

Step away from the mirror... rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 23 2007, 01:36 AM)
I don't hate him. I just didn't forget his dive on the WC 1/2 final.

But I thought only CR dives... sleep.gif . What I dislike in Henry is his continuous bla bla bla bla bla bla bla..... BLA...
agenth
how can anyone forget drogba when naming divers?

huh.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (mchanna @ Jan 23 2007, 10:59 AM)
how can anyone forget drogba when naming divers?

huh.gif  ohmy.gif  unsure.gif

or pippo tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 23 2007, 12:01 AM)
or pippo  tongue.gif

Kaka' did a great "Cristiano" too yesterday in the Olimpico. rolleyes.gif
(I'm going to be bashed by ALL THE FORUM for saying this about the little virgin ragazzo.)

PS: What's up the the "Porty" gay-nick that "our Jack Auba" invented? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
OK, I promise that if Milan win a trophy this season I'll request m1ke to change my username to that. It's done. 23/01/06 - PT
arivanjj
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 23 2007, 11:28 AM)
Kaka' did a great "Cristiano" too yesterday in the Olimpico.  rolleyes.gif

(I'm going to be bashed by ALL THE FORUM for saying this about the little virgin ragazzo.)

PS: What's up the the "Porty" gay-nick that "our Jack Auba" invented? rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif

OK, I promise that if Milan win a trophy this season I'll request m1ke to change my username to that. It's done. 23/01/06 - PT

even coppa?? devilsmiley.gif

oh and KAKA wat..?
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 23 2007, 12:29 AM)
even coppa?? devilsmiley.gif

Even the ****'n Coppa.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 23 2007, 11:30 AM)
Even the ****'n Coppa.

HEHEHEHEHE.. we're not that far..
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 23 2007, 12:31 AM)
HEHEHEHEHE.. we're not that far..

Actually I'm worried since Totti, Mexes and Willhelmsson don't play the first leg in San Siro. laugh.gif wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 23 2007, 02:36 AM)

Ahhhh .. So that's why biggrin.gif

Bet u hate Zidane too tongue.gif ... But u got to give them credit, they kicked Brazil (not that their performance was one to be recognized for, but nevertheless, Brazil) out cool.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 22 2007, 06:40 PM)
Actually I'm worried since Totti, Mexes and Willhelmsson don't play the first leg in San Siro.  laugh.gif  wink.gif

Has Willhemsson played yet? I've heard and seen good things from him.
Rossoneri7
Isnt this the EPL thread ?!

Damn .. !! U guys just cant stop talkin about Milan, can u tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 22 2007, 07:58 PM)
Chelsea will do a Moratti is Man U win the title .. and demote them to .. umm ... to umm .. Serie B tongue.gif

Chelsea have done some wrong moves in the summer, yes I agree, but they have a hell of a roster .. Their weakness was the cb pairing ( they only have two, who r the first team choice) .. They get them back and I think Chelsea have a very strong chance, considering most of Man u's difficult games are away from home

What irritates me about Chelsea is that they have it in them to actually start whining about not having a big squad enough to compensate for injuries.

What they are going through now is all to blame on themselves. Nothing else.

On another note (Ballack)

They blast Sheva in the media, when Chelsea's real problem is Ballack, he is simply dead wait, he doesn't do anything but walk around. I have seen practically every Chelsea match this season and I hav'e seen ANYTHING remotely good come from Ballack not even one pass that could be called brilliant.

He is the problem in their midfield and why it looks so conjested.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 22 2007, 09:42 PM)
That doesn't mean anything. And the first match was both teams with the first 11, not the reserves.

Liverpuel 3º place
Arseneú 4º

In Portugal, Sporting Lisbon lost against Benfica at home by it's still ahead of them.
Means nothing. ManUtd lost 2 times to Arsenal... so what?

And I don't find the first 11 of Arsenal better than the 11 of Liverpool.

This wasn't just one match that you could say, oh Liverpool where having an off night this was twice in the space of a week, both games being at Anfield.

I personally think that the Arsenal squad is much better then Liverpool's. But that's just me

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 22 2007, 11:36 PM)

He dived like that in the weekend against Man U, and if we're talking about WC dives let's not forget the one he did against Spain rolleyes.gif
han2503
Gullit Slams Jose: You’ve Had Enough To Spend

Former Chelsea manager Ruud Gullit has criticised Jose Mourinho, suggesting the ‘Special One’ should be able to cope with recent injuries.

The Blues’ poor form has coincided with the injuries sustained to key duo Petr Cech and John Terry.

But Gullit told the Daily Mirror: "When you are in charge of such a high budget, I'm concerned that he keeps talking about missing this player or that player.

"If you have one of the highest transfer and wage bills in Europe there should be enough quality within their squad to fill any gaps.

"And I find it curious that he keeps mentioning John Terry being injured.

"From a punter's perspective it doesn't look good when you complain about financial restriction if you have spent almost £200million on players."
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 23 2007, 11:20 AM)
What irritates me about Chelsea is that they have it in them to actually start whining about not having a big squad enough to compensate for injuries.

What they are going through now is all to blame on themselves. Nothing else.

On another note (Ballack)

They blast Sheva in the media, when Chelsea's real problem is Ballack, he is simply dead wait, he doesn't do anything but walk around. I have seen practically every Chelsea match this season and I hav'e seen ANYTHING remotely good come from Ballack not even one pass that could be called brilliant.

He is the problem in their midfield and why it looks so conjested.

Ballack ?! ... Ok this is what I think of Ballack, I have been a HUGE fan of his when he played for Leverkusen .. He was depolyed in a more defensive Midfield role (..just like Pirlo, not Gennaro), to start counter attacks and control the tempo of the game .. He is a technical player in that sense ..

He moved to Munchen, but he didnt perform to his level at Leverkusen .. U know why ?! Cuz he was fielded higher up in Midfield. He got used to playing there; but IMO, he would suit Chelsea better if he player along side either Essian or Makalele, and either J Cole or Lasmpard in front. That way They will get the most out of him.

Obviouslly, since I am no manager, my theory doesnt hold weight cuz I wont know his full potential, but as I said .. He was great playing in a certain position.

All in all, Chelsea's problem is w/ Mourinho. The manager was made to believe that his team was the strongest and that he would get any player, whenever he wanted .. Just for the hell of it he would get Shaun W Phillips for 25M pounds I think ... U know why ? Cuz he didnt want Arsenal or Man U to sign him.

Chelsea's problem is with Mourinho .. Tactically he is a great manager whom I regard highly. But after his stint at Chelsea, he showed his true colors .. (Do I need to go into detail, or u could just read his comments ..)
milanistar
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:56 PM)
All in all, Chelsea's problem is w/ Mourinho. The manager was made to believe that his team was the strongest and that he would get any player, whenever he wanted .. Just for the hell of it he would get Shaun W Phillips for 25M pounds I think ... U know why ? Cuz he didnt want Arsenal or Man U to sign him.

Chelsea's problem is with Mourinho .. Tactically he is a great manager whom I regard highly. But after his stint at Chelsea, he showed his true colors .. (Do I need to go into detail, or u could just read his comments ..)

That's exactly why I think his place is more with the merda than with us!
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:56 PM)
Ballack ?! ... Ok this is what I think of Ballack, I have been a HUGE fan of his when he played for Leverkusen .. He was depolyed in a more defensive Midfield role (..just like Pirlo, not Gennaro), to start counter attacks and control the tempo of the game .. He is a technical player in that sense ..

He moved to Munchen, but he didnt perform to his level at Leverkusen .. U know why ?! Cuz he was fielded higher up in Midfield. He got used to playing there; but IMO, he would suit Chelsea better if he player along side either Essian or Makalele, and either J Cole or Lasmpard in front. That way They will get the most out of him.

Obviouslly, since I am no manager, my theory doesnt hold weight cuz I wont know his full potential, but as I said .. He was great playing in a certain position.

When Chelsea play the 4-3-3 system ballack plays in the middle. It's when they play the diamond that he plays as the guy in the hole behind the strikers, ie. Kaka's role.

I think I've said this a couple of times already, but technical players should just stay away from the EPL, or better yet they should stay away from Chelsea. rolleyes.gif

Chelsea's problem is not just Mourinho, it's their whole logic, starting from Abramovic to their dressing room cleaners. The SWP example is a great one. Ballack and Sheva where never great buys, not if you consider paying 30 mil for a 30 year old that has won everything their is to be won in football a great buy

Buys like Kalou and Mikel where other stupid buys. I mean paying 13 mil for an 18 year old kid that wasn't even a starter for his club in Nigeria isn't exactly what I call smart moves.

Mourinho had always wanted young hungry players, Sheva and Ballack don't fit into that catagory, Kenyon has just admitted that Sheva had been on their minds even before Mourinho went to Chelsea.

Now these guys are complaining about everyone trying to rip them off for players that aren't worth the ammounts asked for. They brought this on themselves.
KillerMax
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 23 2007, 07:07 AM)
That's exactly why I think his place is more with the merda than with us!

Me too! cool.gif
agenth
Ballack the lone problem of Chelsea?
naaah...
and Mourinho isn't dumb.
Why is Ballack then "one of the untouchables"
agenth
I have heard that Sheva scored today.
Any videos of it?
milanistar
Yeah Sheva scored against ... Wycombe laugh.gif

EDIT: Sheva hit twice tongue.gif
Diavolo
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 23 2007, 09:28 PM)
Yeah Sheva scored against ... Wycombe laugh.gif

AND ALREADY TWICE ohmy.gif ..... against a side from the 4th league laugh.gif laugh.gif !
Well anyway congrats to him biggrin.gif !
Portman
QUOTE (Diavolo @ Jan 23 2007, 08:39 PM)
AND ALREADY TWICE  ohmy.gif ..... against a side from the 4th league  laugh.gif  laugh.gif !

BIG DEAL.

Wow... just look, the 45M/euros student just scored 2 against a 4th division team. laugh.gif

This is fckin' pathetic. It's a shame for a 45M/euros player to even PLAY against a 4th division team. But that's just me.
agenth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYDpL9g93A

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QmjPgQ6hCQ

the second one is awesome, sheva quality.
Warchant
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 23 2007, 05:14 PM)
BIG DEAL.

Wow... just look, the 45M/euros student just scored 2 against a 4th division team.  laugh.gif

This is fckin' pathetic. It's a shame for a 45M/euros player to even PLAY against a 4th division team. But that's just me.

from what i saw, the majority of the starters played in the game
BoomAM
I didnt see the goals, but i saw from 2-0 upto his substitution.
I thought he played very well. He still wasnt getting the passes off his teammates like he should be, but his two goals were well taken, and his setup for Lampards was good as well. He really fought today.
Pleased for him. I really am.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 24 2007, 12:14 AM)

Sadly enough this is not just you... this is the truth...
han2503
If Sheva hadn’t scored that first spoon fed goal then I myself would have personally sent him an ‘I feel sorry for you card’

The second goal was class though.

Was watching Chelsea TV after the match and they where making a big deal out of him scoring 2 goals. I mean this is the guy they spent 30 mil on, and he scored these goal against Wycomb for god’s sakes.

I still don’t think he is back, Ok sure he managed to outpace the division 4 player just ONCE in a 90 minute match, big deal. The question is can he do it in the premiership??
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 24 2007, 10:34 PM)
If Sheva hadn’t scored that first spoon fed goal then I myself would have personally sent him an ‘I feel sorry for you card’

The second goal was class though.

Was watching Chelsea TV after the match and they where making a big deal out of him scoring 2 goals. I mean this is the guy they spent 30 mil on, and he scored these goal against Wycomb for god’s sakes.

I still don’t think he is back, Ok sure he managed to outpace the division 4 player just ONCE in a 90 minute match, big deal. The question is can he do it in the premiership??

N..O..P..E!!
KillerMax
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 24 2007, 06:32 AM)
N..O..P..E!!

laugh.gif Poor b@stard... He deserves it!
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 24 2007, 01:24 PM)
laugh.gif Poor b@stard... He deserves it!

Maybt you'll get to see the b@stard playing in the US along side Becks one of these days wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 24 2007, 05:44 PM)
Maybt you'll get to see the b@stard playing in the US along side Becks one of these days  wink.gif

Yeah .. Maybe for some intensive english classes
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 24 2007, 01:24 PM)
Yeah .. Maybe for some intensive english classes

I'll be sure to teach him a good "lesson"!!!!
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 24 2007, 08:39 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 24 2007, 02:39 PM)

I'll join ya tongue.gif We'll show him the ways of grammer for the english language in a way he's never seen devil.gif The good ol' american way
Portman
Partnership deal to purchase Liverpool

AMERICANS Tom Hicks and George Gillett, who each own National Hockey League teams, will split the $US450million ($580m) cost of buying soccer giant Liverpool, the Dallas Morning News reported yesterday.
Gillett, who owns the NHL's Montreal Canadiens, and Hicks, who owns the NHL's Dallas Stars as well as Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers, will each pay $US225m to buy the Premiership side, the paper reported.

A formal announcement of the deal could be made as early as next week.

The deal is believed to be the first time two owners of rival sports clubs in one league have combined to buy a team in another, a move that could set a pattern for US millionaires to take over teams worldwide.

Yesterday's report came after Dubai International Capital (DIC), the investment arm of the Gulf Emirate, pulled out of negotations on a takeover of the Anfield outfit after the club's board asked for more time to examine a rival bid.

DIC said it regretted having to end negotiations on what would have been a pound stg. 450m ($1.1billion) investment in the five-time European champion.

DIC had proposed to pay around pound stg. 155m to buy out the current Liverpool shareholders as well as taking over pound stg. 80 million in debt and financing the construction of a new 60,000-seat stadium in time for the 2009-10 season.

The deal had looked set to be concluded smoothly until Tuesday evening, when the Liverpool board asked for more time to consider a rival bid by Gillett.

Liverpool has won 18 league crowns and five European Cup titles in a history dating to 1892. The Reds are in third place in the Premiership, trailing Manchester United and Chelsea.

It seems that DIC pulled out (bad for Liverpool, I think).

Any american or canadian in the forum knows anything about those 2 americans: Gillett and Hicks?
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 2 2007, 05:37 PM)
It seems that DIC pulled out (bad for Liverpool, I think).

Any american or canadian in the forum knows anything about those 2 americans: Gillett and Hicks?

Gilett of the blades and shaving fome? unsure.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2007, 07:16 PM)
Gilett of the blades and shaving fome?  unsure.gif

Haha, I was thinking the same. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 2 2007, 06:20 PM)
Haha, I was thinking the same. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Maybe it's really him wink.gif

btw, this is good that that DIC company won't buy Liverfool, it's their loss, they would have eaten Roman Abramovic up and spit him out with the dollars they have
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 2 2007, 06:16 PM)
Gilett of the blades and shaving fome?  unsure.gif

That's Gillette.

This one is Gillett. Any Dallas Star fans? Texas Rangers? Montreal Canadiens fans? Any info.

Cmon' I there are some canadians/americans in this forum.
agenth
yeah DIC pulled out because liverpool has interested gillett biggrin.gif
agenth
manchester united won today 4-0 against spurs HAHAHAHA
AND VDS has broken his nose sad.gif
so O'shea was goalkeeper LMAO!!
that was so funny
Warchant
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 2 2007, 01:27 PM)
That's Gillette.

This one is Gillett. Any Dallas Star fans? Texas Rangers? Montreal Canadiens fans? Any info.

Cmon' I there are some canadians/americans in this forum.

don't know enough about them to say anything

they own teams here and have done a pretty decent job...that's about all i know
X-Offender
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 4 2007, 11:53 PM)
manchester united won today 4-0 against spurs HAHAHAHA
AND VDS has broken his nose sad.gif
so O'shea was goalkeeper LMAO!!
that was so funny

Yeah I watched the second half. Cristiano Ronaldo kicks ***!
Portman
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 4 2007, 11:46 PM)
Yeah I watched the second half. Cristiano Ronaldo kicks ***!

Absolutely great diver (the penalty). laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 5 2007, 02:20 PM)
Absolutely great diver (the penalty).  laugh.gif

Great performance... tongue.gif

and it adds to the ref's fault cause there were two clear penalties before that incident which he didn't give/see...
Warchant
man u, imo, is the scariest team in europe right now
Jack Sparrow
Nope...has to be Milan. I virtually sh!t my pants every time I see a high ball into our area. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Warchant @ Feb 6 2007, 03:53 PM)
man u, imo, is the scariest team in europe right now

ManU rarely produce any of their domestic form in Europe.

Look at their record this season in the group stage, they where in awsome form domestically then also, but in Europe they stumbled in every step of the way.

Imo there is no scary team this season. Real are pethathic at the moment, Barca aren't so hot either, Lyon can't seem to buy a win at the moment. Chelsea can barely hold on to 1-0 wins against Charlton.

Inter are the same as Man U, imo they are just taking advantage of how much the league has been weakened this season it's not because they are so great, you all saw how they almost got booted out of the CL by the second matchday.

I'm waiting for Inter to get humiliated by the next Villareal that steps from behind the next turn. IF they make it past Bayern that is

Valencia and Roma could be surprises but I don't really think so, Celtic seem to trash every team in their league but it's still unknown what they will do when we meet them, their away record is probably one of the worst.

We are in the predicament we are in and hopefully we can improve. There is no favourite this season from the recent performances of all the top teams (that is, unless UEFA already have someone on their mind, in that case they will help them out rolleyes.gif )
Jack Sparrow
UEFA's favourite this season?? I'd go for Arsenal....though could be Barca again. And Chelsea is in contention. Mourinho has only whined about a million times this season.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 6 2007, 07:42 PM)
UEFA's favourite this season?? I'd go for Arsenal....though could be Barca again. And Chelsea is in contention. Mourinho has only whined about a million times this season.

Cap'n ... what's wrong ?! I thought we agreed we were favs tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.