Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Locke Lamora
You talk about Pres, Reyes and Vieira diving.
How about C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Keane?
Ronaldo falls over if you breathe at him, Rooney does it regularly too, and Keane was one of the most malevolent players on the pitch.
Your'e right about Reyes,(I don't want him back anyway), and Vieira and Pires had some real cheesy ones they too.
But can you name ONE team in the premiership who don't have players who dive from time to time?

Back to the original subject though, Chelsea were better at the end, but we were very close to winning it too.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 7 2007, 03:12 PM)
You talk about Pres, Reyes and Vieira diving.
How about C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Keane?
Ronaldo falls over if you breathe at him, Rooney does it regularly too, and Keane was one of the most malevolent players on the pitch.

I don't support them tongue.gif

I know what you are saying and yes you have seemed to have got rid of those players, which is a step in the right direction!

Actually you will know this, are Arsenal actually getting taken over because it all seems to have died down of late?
Locke Lamora
As of yet, theres no takeover on the horizon.
But much will be decided next season. If its anywere as horrible as this one, something will need to change. If we're not close to winning ANYTHING next season Wenger will resign and a lot of our players will be sold.
Darunia
Sheva set to miss FA Cup final. He only had 4 goals in the premiership this season, kind of unbelievable.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2007, 07:37 PM)
ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif 

So Shevcheno's first season at Chelsea is marked without a CL or EPL  laugh.gif  laugh.gif 

And I distinctly remember him speaking of how Chelsea are unbeatable this season rolleyes.gif

btw, We won the title BIATCH!!!!

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 6 2007, 08:46 PM)
They were better late on in the game, but as Hleb forces Cech to save, Eboue hit the bar and Gallas being in a good position to score a header, I can't see how they "played us off the park" wink.gif

I thought Arsenal when amazing the first 50-60 minutes, but Chelsea REALLY pushed you towards the edge late on, but all in all even at that Arsenal still created the better chances.

That Essien is a MACHINE!!

QUOTE (Darunia @ May 7 2007, 05:56 PM)
Sheva set to miss FA Cup final.  He only had 4 goals in the premiership this season, kind of unbelievable.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

And we talk about Oli being a complete failure, at least we didn't pay 30 MILLION POUNDS for him!!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 7 2007, 06:41 PM)
And we talk about Oli being a complete failure, at least we didn't pay 30 MILLION POUNDS for him!!

We paid for him, that's enough!
Portman
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 7 2007, 08:00 PM)
We paid for him, that's enough!

How much it was? 19? 20M/euros?!
LaPalma
QUOTE (Porty @ May 7 2007, 09:35 PM)
How much it was? 19? 20M/euros?!

As far as I know....15 mad.gif
whoarethepatriots
Sheva

Community Shield: One appearance One Goal - avg 1.0 per match
Premiership: 22 Appearances 4 Goals - avg 0.18 per match
Champ Lgue: 9 Appearances 3 Goals - avg 0.33 per match
Carling Cup: 4 Appearances 3 Goals - avg 0.75 per match
FA Cup: 5 Appearances 3 Goals - avg 0.6

Olivera

Serie A: 15 Appearances 2 Goals - avg 0.13 Per Match
CL - Nonexistent dont ask seriously 4 app 0 gls - avg 0.0 per match

Gila

Serie A: 25 Appearances 12 Goals - avg 0.48 per match
Champ Lge: 5 appearnces 2 goals - avg 0.4 per match

finally, we get figures from a fantasista

Kaka

Serie A: Appearances 30 Goals 8 - avg 0.26 per match
Champ Lge: 12 Appearances 10 Goals - 0.83 per match

Now im no Opta Analysis Expert but the figures tell me that
a) Shevchenko Has been a complete failure in EPL but CL and the domestic cups arent so bad, appearances to goals wise. Do remeber he scored a hat trick against a division 3 club (think Serie C or D)
B ) Olivera has been a complete failure at pretty much everything he has done.
c) Gilardino's averages have been fairly constant (around 4-5) not bad to be honest, or at least better than the others
d) Kaka has scored more in the League than the other 2 failures combined (league wise) and he blows every player out of the water in terms of CL

Final Appearances:Goals and goals per match

Sheva: 51:13 - 0.25
Olivera: 31:3 - 0.09
Gila: 39:14 - 0.36
Kaka 44:18 - 0.41

Interpret the data as you wish, i am just the messenger
Portman
Sell them'all. Get Vieri. biggrin.gif
whoarethepatriots
Why wasnt he scoring goals like that when he was with us?
Portman
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 7 2007, 10:49 PM)
Why wasnt he scoring goals like that when he was with us?

Because he was more worried about Elisabetta Canalis, Melissa Satta, Fernanda Lessa, Aida Yespica, Sara Tommasi, Ilaria D'Amico... rolleyes.gif

(Go go go! google.com » images » ... wink.gif )
han2503
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 7 2007, 09:43 PM)
Sheva

Community Shield: One appearance One Goal - avg 1.0 per match
Premiership: 22 Appearances 4 Goals - avg 0.18 per match
Champ Lgue: 9 Appearances 3 Goals - avg 0.33 per match
Carling Cup: 4 Appearances 3 Goals - avg 0.75 per match
FA Cup: 5 Appearances 3 Goals - avg 0.6

Olivera

Serie A: 15 Appearances 2 Goals - avg 0.13 Per Match
CL - Nonexistent dont ask seriously 4 app 0 gls - avg 0.0 per match

Gila

Serie A: 25 Appearances 12 Goals - avg 0.48 per match
Champ Lge: 5 appearnces 2 goals - avg 0.4 per match

finally, we get figures from a fantasista

Kaka

Serie A: Appearances 30 Goals 8 - avg 0.26 per match
Champ Lge: 12 Appearances 10 Goals - 0.83 per match

Now im no Opta Analysis Expert but the figures tell me that
a) Shevchenko Has been a complete failure in EPL but CL and the domestic cups arent so bad, appearances to goals wise. Do remeber he scored a hat trick against a division 3 club (think Serie C or D)
B ) Olivera has been a complete failure at pretty much everything he has done.
c) Gilardino's averages have been fairly constant (around 4-5) not bad to be honest, or at least better than the others
d) Kaka has scored more in the League than the other 2 failures combined (league wise) and he blows every player out of the water in terms of CL

Final Appearances:Goals and goals per match

Sheva: 51:13 - 0.25
Olivera: 31:3 - 0.09
Gila: 39:14 - 0.36
Kaka 44:18 - 0.41

Interpret the data as you wish, i am just the messenger

Thanks for the stats but I think Oli has 3 in the league and 3 or 2 in the Coppa. I'll go check. Anyway, 15 million Euros and 30 million pounds are 2 COMPLETELY different figures. Both players had to change leagues, but the difference is that one of them was regarded as the best striker in the world. The goals he scored in the cups where against teams from the SECOND DIVISION, think serie C2!!! I don't think that justifies his price tag.

QUOTE (Porty @ May 7 2007, 09:46 PM)
Sell them'all. Get Vieri.  biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Darunia
According to soccernet.com, Oli has started 15 games and made 10 subsitute appearances with a total of 3 goals in Serie A.

Total, he has 36 appearances and 5 goals.
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 8 2007, 07:09 AM)
According to soccernet.com, Oli has started 15 games and made 10 subsitute appearances with a total of 3 goals in Serie A.

I think most of those substitute appearances where mostly for 10 to 15 minutes spells, we know how Carlo likes to make his substitutions early rolleyes.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 8 2007, 07:09 AM)

Well i got my figures from sky, so i guess they are at fault there
Portman

I won't be surprised. Spanish/argentinien club in England is Liverpool so... just look how Mascherano is now - getting back to his true level.
whoarethepatriots
Tevez has too much flair for liverpool

Benitez like his dull rigid players, he wont go for him
kurtsimonw
About the Tevez situation:

Apparently the FA didn't deduct points for good reason, it's not the correct procedure.

Tevez was correctly registered so he is considered a legible player, therefore they can not be punished for that.

The third party ownership is the only thing they were in breach of, which the FA say by law is only punishable by fine.

And considering they got a £5.5m fine, by far the biggest in English football history, I believe that is way too harsh.

If West Ham stay up nothing will happen, they've already had too harsh a punishment.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 9 2007, 08:22 AM)
About the Tevez situation:

Apparently the FA didn't deduct points for good reason, it's not the correct procedure.

Tevez was correctly registered so he is considered a legible player, therefore they can not be punished for that.

The third party ownership is the only thing they were in breach of, which the FA say by law is only punishable by fine.

And considering they got a £5.5m fine, by far the biggest in English football history, I believe that is way too harsh.

If West Ham stay up nothing will happen, they've already had too harsh a punishment.

Erm, weren't they in breach of withholding information from the Premier League about both players and not acting in the Premier League's best interest? Both can lead to point deductions

About the £5.5m fine, that's pretty cheap to have Tevez saving your a$$ for a season in my opinion. Plus had they just got a point deduction they could have lost £50mil through not being in the Premiership next season.

West Ham were extremely lucky not to get a point deduction, the only admission was that the people who made the deal weren't at the club, well Tevez is?

I don't think there will be any lawsuits, but I can certainly understand if West Ham stay up and others go down, which seems likely, why they would be extremely annoyed.
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 9 2007, 01:48 PM)
About the £5.5m fine, that's pretty cheap to have Tevez saving your a$$ for a season in my opinion. Plus had they just got a point deduction they could have lost £50mil through not being in the Premiership next season.

The fine is just... nothing!
whoarethepatriots
A Guardian Article, i didnt know where else to put it

Milan still pining for Shevchenko

At least someone still loves Andriy Shevchenko: Milan are keeping a spot in their squad especially for him.

That is quality. Poor guy, he really is unloved
jefri91
at 39th minute of chelsea man u game, while van der sar is being show warming up. You can see a guy with a Milan retro jersey tongue.gif I just saw a glimpse so it might of been a normal jersey
dst
Sky Sports says Arsenal are closing in on Legia Warsaw goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski...

Has anyone watched him play? His name rings a bell but... that's just it.
Locke Lamora
Well I hope hel'l be at the Emirates next season, then we can put Almunia on the reserve team, use Lehmann as second choice and get rid of that flop Poom.
Milan Are Brilliant
Watching Man United V Chelsea last night, heard United's chant "Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers" or however it goes, isn't Rooney one of their best players a scouser?!
Tennie
Yep. smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 10 2007, 08:48 PM)
Watching Man United V Chelsea last night, heard United's chant "Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers" or however it goes, isn't Rooney one of their best players a scouser?!

Isn't Rooney an Everton boy? unsure.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 11 2007, 10:57 AM)
Isn't Rooney an Everton boy?  unsure.gif

Think he'd still be classed as a scouser anyway, but he was born in Liverpool just to make sure!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 11 2007, 01:57 PM)
Isn't Rooney an Everton boy?  unsure.gif

He is a scouser, Everton, Liverfool, they are all scousers rolleyes.gif
Locke Lamora
The Rooney hymne:

"He's fat,
he's scouse,
hel'l rob your house
Wayne Rooney!"
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2007, 01:17 PM)
"He's fat,
he's scouse,
hel'l rob your house
Wayne Rooney!"

Haha, that's one of the good things about the Premiership the chants, from most teams are quite imaginative! Especially the Man United V Liverpool ones!

"You are a scouser an ugly scouser,
Youre only happy on giro day,
Youre mums drug dealing,
Youre dads out stealing,
so please dont take my Peugeot away."
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 11 2007, 01:40 PM)
Haha, that's one of the good things about the Premiership the chants, from most teams are quite imaginative!  Especially the Man United V Liverpool ones!

"You are a scouser an ugly scouser,
Youre only happy on giro day,
Youre mums drug dealing,
Youre dads out stealing,
so please dont take my Peugeot away."

Now that's the best scouse song. tongue.gif
agenth
now liverpool signed lucas....
a sign for xabi alonso to go to barca?
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ May 11 2007, 08:43 PM)
now liverpool signed lucas....
a sign for xabi alonso to go to barca?

Barça? Seriously... they've Iniesta, Xavi, Deco and Motta for that place + Marquez and Edmilson that can play too - adapted.

I think he's staying in Anfield as Rafa loves rotation.
kurtsimonw
League 1 Play Off Semi Final 1st leg:

Yoevil 0-2 Nottingham Forest.

Form consecutive European Titles to this.

How the mighty have fallen.
Portman
Didn't noticed Aston Villa FC had a new crest since last week:

Their prob new kit:

I must say I like it. New logo, new brand (Nike), new owner (go figure who is he... rolleyes.gif )... bright future ahead for AVFC.

PS: Kit from http://www.avfcblog.com/ ... could be fake tough. But it's gonna be Nike for sure.
Portman
M'boro annouced a new badge too:

TBH I don't like it.
bigmacmtl
both are awesome, the new badges that is. the new villa jersey is nice, but i still love the one they have right now ( good ol hummel) but ya i'm gonna die if our jersey looks like the one that is rumored...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2007, 11:40 PM)
League 1 Play Off Semi Final 1st leg:

Yoevil 0-2 Nottingham Forest.

Form consecutive European Titles to this.

How the mighty have fallen.

sad.gif

They will be back ... I am sure about that.
Portman

Sam's a Joe Harvey replica - Shepherd

From Reuters:

Former Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce appears poised to take over at Newcastle United, according to newspaper reports early on Saturday.

Big Sam to Newcastle? rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ May 12 2007, 04:51 PM)
Big Sam to Newcastle? rolleyes.gif

Yeah it's all in the papers here today, no big surprise.
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 12 2007, 07:56 PM)
Yeah it's all in the papers here today, no big surprise.

Indeed, no surprise there...
misha
Blackburn R. 3 - 3 Reading

Bolton W. 2 - 2 Aston Villa

Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton

Liverpool 2 - 2 Charlton Athletic

Manchester U. 0 - 1 West Ham U.

Middlesbrough 3 - 1 Fulham

Portsmouth 0 - 0 Arsenal

Sheffield U. 1 - 2 Wigan Athletic

Tottenham H. 2 - 1 Manchester C.

Watford 1 - 1 Newcastle U.

Sheffield relagated. Wigan and West Ham survived
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (mishale @ May 13 2007, 04:09 PM)
Sheffield relagated. Wigan and West Ham survived

I'm happy that West Ham survived one of the only teams who play entertaining football in the Premiership. Mind you I think over here it's going to be a whole summer of legal cases against them and the Premier League rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
big sam will go to newcastle. they have lots of potential. with 2-3 good signings and big daddy they will challenege for 4th spot.
Locke Lamora
What is it with Babtista and penalties?
Anyway, fair result, wer'e in the CL next year anyway.
Portman
It seems that Carlitos Tevez scored at Old Trafford.

His home next season? Or Liverpool? Or even Stamford Bridge? rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
In reply to Porty's posting of the Villa kit.

I've seen quite a few pictures of possible new kits for next season, pretty much all of them look like that, which is great 'cause it's an awesome kit. biggrin.gif

Anyways, over-all view of the season:

Man United: Totally deserved the title this year. Had their whole squad playing well all year round.
Chelsea: Drogba made them look better than they actually are. If Mourinho stays, they'll win it next year.
Liverpool & Arsenal: Expect them to talk up their chances next year, they'll just repeat disappointing league campaigns again, they're not good enough, not even close.
Everton, Spurs and Bolton: All deserved UEFA Cup places this year, expect Everton and Spurs to do very well in both Europe and the league next year.
Portsmouth: Started brightly, died off. Mid-table again for next year.
Villa, Blackburn and Reading: Reading had a dream devut season in the Premiership, inconsistancy let Blackburn down, too many draws let Villa down. Expect Reading to suffer next year while Villa and Rovers chase Europe.
Boro & Newcastle: Two teams that have high expectations. Weird since they've only won 2 trophies in the last 50 years between them. Fans should expect more disappointment in all fronts next year.
Man City & Fulham: Both had very disappointing seasons, they need to improve or they could face a relegatin battle.
West Ham: Great last day result to keep them up. I'd expect them to be a mid-table team at least.
Wigan: Had an awful season, played poorly, deserved to be relegated, stayed up with a fluke win. That's football.
Sheffield United: Relegated on the last day AGAIN. Were 10 points clear a couple of months ago, that's got to hurt.
Charlton & Watford: Both have had bad seasons, I can't see either coming back up next season.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ May 13 2007, 07:45 PM)
It seems that Carlitos Tevez scored at Old Trafford.

His home next season? Or Liverpool? Or even Stamford Bridge?  rolleyes.gif

He said he stopped learning English, might suggest Spain or Italy is on the cards!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.