Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
misha
FT 1:1 cool.gif Good game.
Portman
United 1-1 M'boro.

M'boro players fought like lions. They deserved the draw.
If Chelsea wins tomorrow in Newcastle they'll be just 1 point behind the leader... rolleyes.gif
dst
Kurt is out there celebrating right now... I think I can even hear him! biggrin.gif

Did Manchester play with all their starting XI players?? Were they not up to their usual self and/or was Boro playing so good... and was Ronaldo contained some way?
misha
And now United have 3 away games in a row: vs Everton, City and Chelsea. If the Blues won't screw this up the title will be theirs
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2007, 09:20 PM)
Did Manchester play with all their starting XI players??Were they not up to their usual self and/or was Boro playing so good... and was Ronaldo contained some way?

Yes. Pretty much.

United played mediocre and Boro were equal to them.

Ronalda was awful. Lost many balls
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 21 2007, 05:52 PM)
This is not the same United team that dismantled Roma. They're just not playing well as a unit. THIS is a team that's definitely beatable.

They where sh!t against Portsmouth before the game against Roma, so under estimating them would be stupid because of a bad performance in the league

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2007, 06:20 PM)
Kurt is out there celebrating right now... I think I can even hear him!  biggrin.gif

Did Manchester play with all their starting XI players?? Were they not up to their usual self and/or was Boro playing so good... and was Ronaldo contained some way?

Only Giggs didn't start.

They played bad, but Boro where also good, played a really high pressure game and didn't allow them time on the ball

As misha said, Ronaldo apart from some tricks played badly
Portman
There was a clear cut penalty to Boro in the 86th minute if I'm not mistaken. Think it was Heinze.

Unbelievable. The FA really wants United to be champ. rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 21 2007, 09:37 PM)
There was a clear cut penalty to Boro in the 86th minute if I'm not mistaken. Think it was Heinze.

I think it was on 90 min. It was Wes Brown. Clear penalty.
Rossoneri7
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

United watch out, here comes Chelsea devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

If Chelsea win against Newcastle, it would be just a point that divides them and Mourinho has the team that is capable of going the distance. United don't stand a chance.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 21 2007, 07:06 PM)
I think it was on 90 min. It was Wes Brown. Clear penalty.

It was O'shea I thought and he did get the ball although it seemed he took the player first which is indeed a foul and should be a penalty.
arivanjj
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 22 2007, 04:21 AM)
Ronalda was awful. Lost many balls

good to hear that.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 21 2007, 09:00 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

United watch out, here comes Chelsea devil.gif  devil.gif  devil.gif

If Chelsea win against Newcastle, it would be just a point that divides them and Mourinho has the team that is capable of going the distance. United don't stand a chance.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

You little b!tch!!!!

Man U ruined their title chances when Chelsea where losing a lot of points and they didn't capitilise, their stupid loss against West ham will prove to be the difference.

However this does not mean that they will be terrible against us, they were terrible against Portsmouth and then went on to blow roma away, so we better not get too confident just because of a bad domestic performance.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 22 2007, 11:14 AM)
mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

You little b!tch!!!!

Man U ruined their title chances when Chelsea where losing a lot of points and they didn't capitilise, their stupid loss against West ham will prove to be the difference.

However this does not mean that they will be terrible against us, they were terrible against Portsmouth and then went on to blow roma away, so we better not get too confident just because of a bad domestic performance.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

United don't stand a chance against Milan. This is Milan they will be facing, not Roma. And in the semi finals, the experience counts wink.gif

We'll see on tuesday smile.gif

Chelsea look set to win the title, if they beat Newcastle today ... btw when is the match ?? GMT ??
Portman
I hate when you people are so confident... for god sake - it's a semi-final! And it's a #1 team in England with likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Giggs on their team. Let's calm down. M'boro fought like lions and got a good result but that doesn't mean anything for next Tuesday.
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 18 2007, 06:24 AM)
WOW .... Benificia has an amazing stadium, never actually pictured Portugues stadiums to be as amazing as that !!! ohmy.gif

I always thought they were more like Italian stadiums ..

Btw .. Didn't they play the EURO 04 in Portugal ?! If so, then that explains a lot biggrin.gif

=================================

Both are amazing, but I prefer the Arsenal's outside. Beatiful.
Portman
Just for curiosity, the other 2 "big stadiums" in here (FCPorto and Sporting Lisbon):

Rossoneri7
Beutiful arcitecture porty ...
Locke Lamora
I may feel unmasked disdain (or to speak plainly, hate) for the two BIG portugeese in the EPL, but these stadiums are amazing!

I wish Norway had a fraction of this...sniff. sad.gif
Portman
68' Newcastle 0-0 Chelsea

Lampard... what a c_nt. Did nothing until now, just lost the ball zillion times. Lazy fecker.
Locke Lamora
Chelsea's having one hell of a tough time, nasty tackel by Mikel.
I guess theyl'l just get a goal 2 minutes into injury time, then...
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 22 2007, 03:18 PM)
Chelsea's having one hell of a tough time, nasty tackel by Mikel.
I guess theyl'l just get a goal 2 minutes into injury time, then...

Nah. It will be a draw.

Chelsea is only going to win the FA Cup. Playing like this they've no chance next Wednesday like Liverpool.
Locke Lamora
Joe Cole is doing good though, Chelsea can still do this mind you.

Nope, its over.
Portman
FT 0-0. 3 points (4) still the difference. Lampard, Drogba = Lazy feckers. Sheva = stupid toy... 0.
Rossoneri7
Chelsea missed a golden oppertunity !!!! mad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 22 2007, 11:10 AM)
I hate when you people are so confident... for god sake - it's a semi-final! And it's a #1 team in England with likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Giggs on their team. Let's calm down. M'boro fought like lions and got a good result but that doesn't mean anything for next Tuesday.

EXACTLY!!!

Please, everytime we are confident about a game we lose. I'm optimistic, and have a belief that we could make it through, but the tie is a 50/50 chance for both teams.

If Man U decide to really turn it on then we will most probably lose, because I can't see us being able to handle their explosive pace.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:00 PM)
Chelsea missed a golden oppertunity !!!! mad.gif

Milan Are Brilliant
Oh there is a god, the team who have just purchased 2 league trophies may not do it again this season biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 22 2007, 05:21 PM)
Chelsea is only going to win the FA Cup. Playing like this they've no chance next Wednesday like Liverpool.

Oh yeah cause Loverfool are so great a team! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2007, 07:41 PM)
Oh yeah cause Loverfool are so great a team!  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

CL is not only about "great teams". It's about those who are tired or not, about luck, about that ball that crossed the line or not, about that keeper that did "a Kalac", many factors.

Liverpool is just concentrating on CL as the 3rd or 4th place is the same in the League. Chelsea is tired. At least they seemed to me, some hours ago. And IF they play like they did against Newcastle I've no doubt the Reds will kick their ar$e.

Oh... and for you dst, Barcelona lover I just have 1 image to show:

biggrin.gif cool.gif wink.gif
Portman
PFA Team of the Year:

Edwin VAN DER SAR - Manchester United

Gary NEVILLE - Manchester United
Patrice EVRA - Manchester United
Rio FERDINAND - Manchester United
Nemanja VIDIC - Manchester United

Steven GERRARD - Liverpool
Ryan GIGGS - Manchester United
Paul SCHOLES - Manchester United
Cristiano RONALDO - Manchester United

Didier DROGBA - Chelsea
Dimitar BERBATOV - Spurs

PFA Best Player of the Year: RONALDO
PFA Best Young Player of the Year: RONALDO

What a fouckin' joke the team is. The best player and best young is correct but the whole team is pathetic.

MY TEAM:

-------------------Reina----------------
Eboue-----Vidic-----R.Carvalho---Riise
Ronaldo----Essien----Gerrard----Giggs
----------Berbatov--------Drogba-------
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 22 2007, 05:58 PM)
What a fouckin' joke the team is. The best player and best young is correct but the whole team is pathetic.

MY TEAM:

ya essien is amazing, i dont know how he wasnt in the team and i love carvalho but i'd say terry is better and more inflencial. as far as GKer i'd say cech even tho he's missed half the season, when he's played he been nearly perfect not allowing 1 bad goal. he really effects the whole teams moral when he's there, and the whole def is really shaky when he isnt.
Portman
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Apr 23 2007, 12:03 AM)
ya essien is amazing, i dont know how he wasnt in the team and i love carvalho but i'd say terry is better and more inflencial. as far as GKer i'd say cech even tho he's missed half the season, when he's played he been nearly perfect not allowing 1 bad goal. he really effects the whole teams moral when he's there, and the whole def is really shaky when he isnt.

I didn't put Terry 'cause he was injuried for big time. Carvalho no.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 22 2007, 09:48 PM)
CL is not only about "great teams". It's about those who are tired or not, about luck, about that ball that crossed the line or not, about that keeper that did "a Kalac", many factors.

Exactly! And since Loverfool is not so great to be regarded as finalists already everything's open...

I'm not a Barcelona lover... I used to only like them when I was younger but not anymore. I like some of their player and I liked their coach when he was still playing football himself. That's it.

I just like to keep thing balanced in the forum cause your love for the whites is deluging the place! tongue.gif

How long is CR is going to be regarded as young?? I mean yeah he's only 21 but he's already 3 (??) years in England... it should be given to someone else.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 22 2007, 10:58 PM)

MY TEAM:

Agreed, apart from Eboue, he's so prone to making mistakes, and hes so annoying I swear he thinks he's a gangster every time he gets fouled!
dst
Riise as a LB?? Isn't there a better and true LB?

I agree with Porty's squad but I'd put Alonso instead of Gerrard/Giggs. He HAS to be in that squad! cool.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 23 2007, 09:14 AM)
Agreed, apart from Eboue, he's so prone to making mistakes, and hes so annoying I swear he thinks he's a gangster every time he gets fouled!

laugh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2007, 12:18 AM)
Riise as a LB?? Isn't there a better and true LB?

I agree with Porty's squad but I'd put Alonso instead of Gerrard/Giggs. He HAS to be in that squad!  cool.gif

ohmy.gif dst admires a Liverpool player. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 23 2007, 02:23 AM)
ohmy.gif dst admires a Liverpool player.  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Well yeah... But he's a freaking legend!! king.gif
arivanjj
8 United players? laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
I got back from Newcastle earlier this morning (Got to see the Chelski game).

After a superb saturday with Arsenal and Man United not winning I thought I could see Chelsea take one stop closer to the league title and they f@cked it up.

I still think Man United will slip up, with them having to go head-to-head with Chelsea on May 9. They still have to play AT Man City, probably the only people that hate United more than me tongue.gif and that to go along with 2 Milan games, they can't keep one eye on the league and the other on the CL, or they'll end up with no trophies. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
I can't say how SAF will sacrifice his precious premiership for European glory. He knows the EPL is his to lose. While the CL has just been a lucky by-product.
Darunia
Yeah definitely not Eboue, I mean Terry has missed a lot of games but he has played more than Eboue (and is a lot better of course)
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 22 2007, 10:58 PM)

MY TEAM:

Definately, except for Riise.

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2007, 11:11 PM)
How long is CR is going to be regarded as young?? I mean yeah he's only 21 but he's already 3 (??) years in England... it should be given to someone else.

I think he's been there for 4 years and he's not 21, he's 22

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2007, 11:18 PM)
I agree with Porty's squad but I'd put Alonso instead of Gerrard/Giggs. He HAS to be in that squad!  cool.gif

Alonso this season has been worse then the Pirlo from the first part of the season.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 24 2007, 10:03 AM)
Alonso this season has been worse then the Pirlo from the first part of the season.

Not in the games I've watched!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 24 2007, 08:58 AM)
Not in the games I've watched!

How many have you watched? Because everytime I've seen him he's been pretty horrible
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 24 2007, 12:01 PM)
How many have you watched? Because everytime I've seen him he's been pretty horrible

Not more than 5... What do you mean horrible man? He makes no mistakes and he always passes on first-touch giving Loverfool an extra speed, he covers players and spaces perfectly and basically gets the job down like nobody else. You're not gonna see fancy tricks or Pirlo-esque 60m balls from him and his role is less organizing than in the previous seasons...

What does Gerrard does? He shoots every time he gets the ball and when he scores he's a legend?? Oh I forgot, he also dives... A LOT! rolleyes.gif

Please... Xabi Alonso is Liverpool's best player, by far and for sure!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 24 2007, 09:06 AM)
Not more than 5... What do you mean horrible man? He makes no mistakes and he always passes on first-touch giving Loverfool an extra speed, he covers players and spaces perfectly and basically gets the job down like nobody else. You're not gonna see fancy tricks or Pirlo-esque 60m balls from him and his role is less organizing than in the previous seasons...

I know how he plays and what he gives to Liverpool, but this season he has fallen short, compared to his very high standards. Even some Liverpool friends I have agree with me on this.

What does Gerrard does? He shoots every time he gets the ball and when he scores he's a legend?? Oh I forgot, he also dives... A LOT!  rolleyes.gif

I never said that Gerrard is the better player. In fact I've never rated him as much as some seem to do. But the resentment in you words towards him can still be detected... tongue.gif tongue.gif

Please... Xabi Alonso is Liverpool's best player, by far and for sure!

Ofcourse, what I'm trying to say is that he hasn't been in top form this season, compared to his previous ones.

Imo he and Pirlo are the best at what they do, with Pirlo just edging him out, but SLIGHTLY
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 24 2007, 12:19 PM)
I know how he plays and what he gives to Liverpool, but this season he has fallen short, compared to his very high standards. Even some Liverpool friends I have agree with me on this.

Sissoko and now Mascherano make his job easier thus he does not appear a lot. But here's a tip regarding defenders/defending players: The best defender is the one that makes the less moves. Meaning, if you can read the game you get the job done easily, and one may think that you're quite... like Maldini. On the other hand, there's the Bonera type, who gets the job done but you see him tackle all the time. That's cause he can't read the game and be there before something happens!

I'm 90% sure those Liverpool friends of yours have never looked closely on the way players like Pirlo and Alonso play... (I bet all they do is worship Gerrard all day) they want to see tackles and stuff but there's a more effective way to get the ball off the opposite team... covering space is as important as marking a player, maybe even more important. If you ask them about Pirlo they'll probably tell you he's not good at what he does because he's not good at defending his goal... well this is funny, what Pirlo does is 90% space covering, a silent but very effective job!

Tell them to watch the game not stare at the TV screen waiting for Gerrard to score one of the 15 shots he unleashes per game...

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 24 2007, 12:19 PM)
I never said that Gerrard is the better player. In fact I've never rated him as much as some seem to do.

But the resentment in you words towards him can still be detected...  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

I know you didn't, I just can't see why he is in the best XI of the EPL and Alonso isn't.

I never tried to hide it.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 24 2007, 09:37 AM)
Sissoko and now Mascherano make his job easier thus he does not appear a lot. But here's a tip regarding defenders/defending players: The best defender is the one that makes the less moves. Meaning, if you can read the game you get the job done easily, and one may think that you're quite... like Maldini. On the other hand, there's the Bonera type, who gets the job done but you see him tackle all the time. That's cause he can't read the game and be there before something happens!

I'm 90% sure those Liverpool friends of yours have never looked closely on the way players like Pirlo and Alonso play... (I bet all they do is worship Gerrard all day) they want to see tackles and stuff but there's a more effective way to get the ball off the opposite team... covering space is as important as marking a player, maybe even more important. If you ask them about Pirlo they'll probably tell you he's not good at what he does because he's not good at defending his goal... well this is funny, what Pirlo does is 90% space covering, a silent but very effective job!

Tell them to watch the game not stare at the TV screen waiting for Gerrard to score one of the 15 shots he unleashes per game...
I know you didn't, I just can't see why he is in the best XI of the EPL and Alonso isn't.

I know all this, but this season he hasn't been in top form, I know you said it's mainly because of Sissoko and Mascherano, but I still think he hasn't displayed the form he has in the past seasons. And it's not because I don't see him lunging for balls all over the place. wink.gif

And I know what you mean about him and Pirlo doing the space covering, I really found it interesting that when they showed that new statistic of distance covered in a game per player Pirlo had even covered more grass then Rino.

That's really something in my book for a guy who "seems" like he does nothing but pass the ball around all day long like some seem to think (as you said). I personally never liked Gerrard's style either. But I don't want to get into the hyping up thing again.

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 24 2007, 09:37 AM)
I never tried to hide it.

I noticed tongue.gif

As for why he isn't in the team of the year, I certainly agree that a player like Gerrard shouldn't be in it, cause imo he has been bad this season, I personally believe that Essien should be there instead of Gerrard and not Alonso, and I told you I like Alonso, but Essien has been amazing this season, no matter what position he has played in. I would even put him ehead of the mediocre Garry Neville at RB, he simply explosive in that position.

Also the CB next to Vidic should be Carvalho, I'm not a big admirer of his, but he has been class this season, especially when Terry was missing
dst
Wenger: I want to keep Gallas

Arsene Wenger has confirmed he wants to keep William Gallas at Arsenal amid rumours the defender is unhappy at Emirates Stadium.

Reports on Thursday claimed that Gallas was at odds with a young team-mate and was also being lined up for a summer move to Real Madrid.

The France international has recently expressed his frustration at his first season at Arsenal, which has been hampered by a thigh injury.

He also felt the squad relied too heavily on captain Thierry Henry, but Wenger has played down suggestions of a problem with Gallas.

The Gunners manager outlined his intention to hang on to the versatile stopper and does not believe there are any major personality clashes within his squad.

"I want to keep him, I signed him," said Wenger on Sky Sports News.

"He has had a difficult season this year because he's a very ambitious player.

"He is a player I personally rate highly. He has had a difficult injury and he is just coming back now to his best.

"What he's showing now shows how big a player he can be for the club. I do not want him to leave.

"There are no special differences other than the usual ones every player has with his partners - there are no problems with him at all."

skysports

I like Gallas.

Come on Wenger, you know you prefer Kakha!! cool.gif
Portman
Really top defender - Gallas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.