Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2020, 07:04 PM) *
This team will give me heart attack problems.

Nevertheless, this is a monumental win considering all our injuries. No Ibra, no Kjaer, no Bennacer, no Rebic, Tonali out at half time. Truly exceptional.

A few things...

Without Kessie we're royally f*cked against Lazio. Krunic is just so... I feel like I would be repeating myself over and over again, but he's next level terrible. Sassuolo's free kick was his fault for instance. And we'll have to play him at all cost unless Pioli invents something.

Also, Hauge has been a huge disappointment lately. He has brought nothing to our game, no vivacity, no unpredictability, no pace. And to add insult to injury, what he did in the case of Sassuolo's goal is unacceptable for a professional footballer.

The winter break can't come any sooner.

Exactly, what I was thinking at the end. No "easy" or "cool" wins. Us fans are always suffering to the very end.

It's a great achievement I agree, and a big props has to be given to Pioli who prepared the team really well. We went aggressive from the very start and got our goals. And, then laid back when we had to.

I understand your point about Hauge, I think he's a talent that will be developed with time. He had that good move nonetheless which resulted in a nice shot on goal. He has also shown willingness to link up with his teammates which is always nice. I was more disappointed by Diaz today, we had a couple of chances to kill the game and where he had to do better decision making...but he decided to dribble.

The winter break can't come any sooner indeed! I'm watching Lazio-Napoli. Lazio are nothing super special, but there is the Immobile factor and our injuries to factor in. Let's see what happens.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 20 2020, 06:26 PM) *
As for Hauge, well, "unacceptable for a professional footballer" is overreacting for sure, he's a kid that just came from one of the worst leagues in Europe. Surely he needs time to learn and adapt and this is precisely why Pioli avoids starting him.

With all due respect, didn't Norway produce Erling Haaland?
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2020, 07:56 PM) *
Agreed. Tonali-Hakan in the DP with Rebic, Brahim and Saelemaekers behind Leao. That is, if Tonali recovers.

I like this idea.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 21 2020, 12:00 AM) *
With all due respect, didn't Norway produce Erling Haaland?

Yes! But, these kind of players can come out of Norway once every how many years? I still think Hauge is special and will develop into a beautiful player with us. I don't get the negativity much.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 20 2020, 08:26 PM) *
But still Leao lacks passion and consistency. Even today he lost interest in the game in second half. He again got that sluggish attitude.

Passion... you said it right. dry.gif

I mean I can write texts and texts on this. It annoys me that a young player like him is jogging around during the game. I don't know what his school of thought is. Does he think he's being efficient like Ibra? Ibra is a 39 year old player, and an experienced player, so he gets a pass for that. Ibra at Leao's age was giving so much more volume . Leao should be running his socks off, trying to provide a center of reference for the team. I'll give you that the kid is super talented, but something needs to be improved with his mentality, and Pioli talked about it very clearly in his conferences several times, so it's not exactly a secret. In the second half, he showed of what he could add to our game in certain instances, but again consistency was a problem.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 20 2020, 08:20 PM) *
Regarding individual performances today, I also wanted to mention Kalulu. I think it was easy to criticise him against Genoa when everybody was having a bad game, but for a 20 year old right-back who's being thrown in the mix out of the blue he's showing incredible composure and reliability. Great prospect to have.

Theo had a beast of a match, even defensively, but he should work a bit on his final touch when he's bursting forward.

Kessie was the usual beast in midfield, and I also thought Hakan was excellent. But Leao especially impressed me. A player I can't usually stand, today he entered the pitch with a different mentality. That's how he should approach every match. Hopefully with Rebic back Pioli continues to play him centrally.

Agreed, about Kalulu. king.gif We have to put things into perspective, guys. He's a young young player who was put under fire because of our big number of injuries in the CB position. He is very calm and composed! He has very nice pace and physicality. For sure, he has a lot to learn, but a great prospect like you said.

Theo is beasting like usual, sometimes I wonder who can stop that tank! devil.gif He creates so many chances through his runs.
han2503
I think sometimes we all forget just how young this team is.

We're not going to get the perfect "professional" performance. We're going to have to suffer and sometimes it's due to silly errors like someone turning their body away while in the wall or over playing it at the back or any other factor that comes with the inexperience of this team.

The most important thing is that we're still pulling off good results, even under the worst circumstances one can think of. Missing, 4 to 5 key players from the starting 11 for more than a month now is nothing to scoff about, especially when we're also losing the first choice backups as well now.

I'm not confident we'll go into the break as winter champions. Lazio are a good side and not only are we missing our most important defender and the leader and talisman of the team, but we practically have no midfield.

Tonali is a major doubt according to what I read. So that leaves just Krunic, which is troubling beyond belief. This guy is not good in either phase of the game, he's mistake prone and just overall a liability. I'm worried about how Pioli can even set this team up.

But still I always have confidence that we'll pull something through. Those are the kind of expectations this team has instilled in all the fans. Which is pretty amazing considering where we were at this point just last season
X-Offender
One thing I've appreciated from this team lately is that when the going gets tough, they always get the results. It's against the "easy" teams like Verona, Parma and Genoa that've lost points. But against the "big" opponents like Inter, Napoli and Sassuolo today (who let's not forget have the same amount of points as Napoli, Roma and more than Atalanta), we've managed to win them all. Would have won against Roma as well if it wasn't for bad refereeing and goalkeeping.

Against Lazio it's going to be super tough. They just beat Napoli, and have proven themselves to be a very insidious side over and over again. Hopefully, as the last match of the year, the team can pull off a 110% performance and get the job done. Even with the insane amount of injuries we have. I really want that top spot before the winter break.
William405
https://youtu.be/DLaRxMRjoKU

Pioli is on firee lalalal 🤣
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 20 2020, 10:59 PM) *
https://youtu.be/DLaRxMRjoKU

Pioli is on firee lalalal 🤣

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gRM5GM0lhw

Rewatching this, Leao was kinda lucky that their goalie threw himself early, cos the shot was actually super central.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, indeed, our squad is the youngest of all compared to the rest of the big five league squads. We do tend to forget that sometimes, especially since Milan always had abundances of experience.

As for the Lazio game, I really don't know. Yesterday they won pretty easily against Napoli. I just don't see us winning with so many absentees. Hakan should play Bennacer perhaps, and Krunić try Kessie, with Diaz in position for Hakan but that leaves still so many wholes. I don't know..
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 21 2020, 09:36 AM) *
Yes, indeed, our squad is the youngest of all compared to the rest of the big five league squads. We do tend to forget that sometimes, especially since Milan always had abundances of experience.

As for the Lazio game, I really don't know. Yesterday they won pretty easily against Napoli. I just don't see us winning with so many absentees. Hakan should play Bennacer perhaps, and Krunić try Kessie, with Diaz in position for Hakan but that leaves still so many wholes. I don't know..

Rossoneri7
Yup, think this 1st place spot will be lost against Lazio. Think that should serve the team well to go into the break with the goal of maintaining a top four finish.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 21 2020, 07:36 AM) *

Aren't Napoli kind of mediocre these days despite their 5th position though.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 21 2020, 01:07 PM) *
Aren't Napoli kind of mediocre these days despite their 5th position though.

Yeah, but so are Lazio for that matter. Still, defeating Napoli is never an easy task, despite the fact that Napoli were missing 3 key players in attack.
Fillipo Simone
Mediocre or not, they are dangerous and better then the usual Serie A team to beat.
Rossoneri7
Seems like Tonali and Rebic might make it king.gif
William405
Bad start for Juventus against Fiorentina. They conceded one goal and are a man down.
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 22 2020, 02:04 PM) *
Seems like Tonali and Rebic might make it king.gif

I hope so! king.gif
X-Offender
Juventus 0-3 Fiorentina

How about that
X-Offender
Between this result and the decision to replay Juve-Napoli, Juve have slipped to 24 points. If we win tomorrow we'd be +10 points from them, albeit with an extra game.
Fillipo Simone
I just hope their current streak of bad displays maintains until the game against us.

Tomorrow will be crucial. If Verona somehow manage to halter the utterly unpredictable Inter, we might get an actual chance.
William405
Tonali and Rebic called up! Whether they play is another question though.

I would go with:

Theo-Roma-Kalulu-Calabria
Krunic-Tonali
Rebic-Hakan-Saelm
Leao
X-Offender
I hope Pioli plays Rebic on the wing.

Shame about Kessie's yellow otherwise we could have faced Lazio with a very good line-up, but Krunic in there subtracts one player from us and adds it to Lazio.
William405
Inter win their game.

We have to win this to be winter champions.

I have to admit, I don't have a big problem of finishing second in winter. It is already big achievement.

Let's hope, we pull a good performance.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2020, 04:26 PM) *
I hope Pioli plays Rebic on the wing.

Shame about Kessie's yellow otherwise we could have faced Lazio with a very good line-up, but Krunic in there subtracts one player from us and adds it to Lazio.

He will play on the wings.

king.gif
han2503
REBICCCCCC
han2503
Finally, he get's his first goal
William405
WHAT A START
William405
Rebic should have sealed that second chance though
han2503
HAKAN!!
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 23 2020, 09:04 PM) *
Rebic should have sealed that second chance though

He's always trying to go for the assist rather than the goal, which is admirable but frustrating as well at times
William405
Why is that a penalty
William405
Wtf
X-Offender
How the f*ck was that a penalty. I'm absolutely clueless. I saw nothing.
han2503
He clipped him as he was about to jump, completely unintentionally.

FFS we keep getting f'd over
X-Offender
Saelemaekers' passing has been abysmal.
X-Offender
We're letting Lazio play wayyyy too much.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2020, 11:17 PM) *
He clipped him as he was about to jump, completely unintentionally.

FFS we keep getting f'd over

Same thing happened to Calabria on our side and it wasn't called a foul. This is ridiculous refereeing
Rossoneri7
Missed the opening 20 mins, which is where Milan got the goods. Seems like lots of pressure from Lazio and the team seem unable to click.

Hope halftime gets the team organized for a push to seal the 3 points.

NB: This isn't the halfway point of the season, only 14 games played. Half way is 19 games. This due to covid19 obviously, but nonetheless Forza Milan.
han2503
We need fresh legs in there. Problem is I don't know who can come in to help tighten things up. I think we only have wingers available.

Maybe we can put in Dalot for Saelemakers, I think he can drop into the midfield
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 23 2020, 09:38 PM) *
Same thing happened to Calabria on our side and it wasn't called a foul. This is ridiculous refereeing

He should be banned like Milan-Roma ref.
han2503
Still p!ssed off about the non-existent penalty

The amount of times we've been screwed over this season...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 24 2020, 12:44 AM) *
We need fresh legs in there. Problem is I don't know who can come in to help tighten things up. I think we only have wingers available.

Maybe we can put in Dalot for Saelemakers, I think he can drop into the midfield

Think this is the best compact team that can be fielded given the injuries and suspensions. A good reorganization by Pioli should do it
X-Offender
Dreadful first half, hopefully we can impose ourselves some more in the second and don't let Lazio play as they please.
arivanjj
Whatever Saelemaekers is smoking, I want some
X-Offender
This game has shown Kalulu's limitations. He's completely out of his depth against Immobile.

Team overall has been quite crap.
X-Offender
F*ck!!!
arivanjj
Get the fek in!!!
X-Offender
THEO!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.