Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
X-Offender
2-1 FT

Thanks for the assist, Claudio.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 07:01 PM) *
2-1 FT

Nice!!

Roma are worrying me..they keep winning.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 06:01 PM) *
2-1 FT

Materassi did not get to see "il sorpasso" he predicted by Xmas, now he is not getting it for the "Befana" either. LOL.

This takes a little pressure off the game with Juve. That will be a tough one, but Pioli may surprise everyone again.
Fillipo Simone
Losing Rebić is a huge blow.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 6 2021, 05:38 PM) *
Losing Rebić is a huge blow.

Huge. Not many people talk about it, but I think Rebic is a fundamental player for us.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 06:59 PM) *
Huge. Not many people talk about it, but I think Rebic is a fundamental player for us.

Agreed. I think he struggles a bit if played as a CF, but when played in his role he is great.
CrazyMilanFan
Talk about luck, Juve have to face such a weak lineup.
X-Offender
Dalot-Castilejo is going to be a nightmare on that right.
CrazyMilanFan
Nice pressuring from us
CrazyMilanFan
What a goal by them damn
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 6 2021, 09:06 PM) *
What a goal by them damn

Theo didn't follow through.

But we're very bad line-up wise. Castillejo is basically playing for them.
CrazyMilanFan
Chiesa currently looking like messi
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 10:07 PM) *
Theo didn't follow through.

But we're very bad line-up wise. Castillejo is basically playing for them.

Agreed on replay looks like a bad fifa 1 2 goal
William405
Sorry to say this like that, BUT I HATE PIRLO.
William405
We're doing okay, considering all the misses.
CrazyMilanFan
Brilliant goal now by Calabria
CrazyMilanFan
The whining will continue though about the foul on goal
William405
CALABRIAAAA
CrazyMilanFan
Great half we have dine well but wonder till how long can keep thus level of intensity
X-Offender
Was it a foul, though? I've seen refs not give fouls like that many times. The instance is just amplified by the fact that we scored on the counter.

We should should tight. I hope Pioli subs in Diaz for Castillejo. Given our dire situation, we need as much fantasy as possible, not chicken legs.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 11:35 PM) *
Was it a foul, though? I've seen refs not give fouls like that many times. The instance is just amplified by the fact that we scored on the counter.

We should should tight. I hope Pioli subs in Diaz for Castillejo. Given our dire situation, we need as much fantasy as possible, not chicken legs.

Could have gone either way for the foul. From the angle I saw, it wasn't a foul. Anyway, we deserved the goal. Juventus had good moment of pressure, but we mostly dominated the half. There is always this feeling with this team that we will never give up, and I love this.

I'm hoping for Diaz to go in. Castillejo really provides nothing to our game.
X-Offender
By the way, Calabria has been astonishingly good today. Goal aside.

Hauge and Castillejo are piss poor. I think we hyped Hauge way too much. He's not that great in all honesty.
William405
Calabria looked a bit lost during the game, but he really had some nice passes in midfield and obviously the goal.

I will say this once and for all, Hakan is ESSENTIAL for this team. We need to sign him on a new contract ASAP.
X-Offender
We're too soft.
X-Offender
Theo today nil. Chiesa has owned him big time.
CrazyMilanFan
Should have closed him down, but lets hope we still have something left to grab a equalizer
X-Offender
I repeat, we're too soft. This Juve side is hungry, yet we're treating this like another Benevento game. And given the quality of players on the pitch, aggressiveness is the least you could expect.

PS: Please take the f*ck off Castillejo!!!
X-Offender
And he takes off Hauge. FFS Pioli!
CrazyMilanFan
Defence slept but we seriously had one sub option to bring diaz, nothing else on the bench
han2503
Did anyone expect anything more than this?

We're absolutely decimated

At least we keep first and we'll get some players back soon
X-Offender
Expected.

We're way, way out of depth here.

Juve bring in Kulusevski, McKennie, Athur. We're barely hanging on a thread.

Let's not get demoralised by this defeat. I'm sure we'll finish ahead of Juve in the end.
Rossoneri7
OK just turned off the TV, Milan's run was good while it lasted. Juve have too much umph in their arsenal, while Milan is decemated.

Good follow up on the storming of US congress by Trump supporters.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 6 2021, 10:23 PM) *
At least we keep first and we'll get some players back soon

Yeah, but how soon. Cos it's very probable we'll be playing with the same line-up against Torino as well. Ibra, Bennacer, Saelemaekers are still out injured. Rebic will be out at least 10 days as well.

The problem is we don't have depth. Having to play Calabria as DM today is all management's fault. Relying on a GARBAGE player like Castillejo is inexcusable.

Pioli is also at fault here. Should have played Diaz from the start. At least play your only cards right damn it!
X-Offender
WTF is Leao doing??? laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
Maldini junior should have passed to diaz
X-Offender
How selfish from Maldini.
CrazyMilanFan
Sad that unbeaten run finished and couldn't score 2 goals.

But it was too much tonask for Considering the injury and covid situation we had and then had to face juve who on paper are quite better even if we have the whole squad fit.

Also one more point that juve should have been down to 10 men from 70 mins onwards.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 10:28 PM) *
Yeah, but how soon. Cos it's very probable we'll be playing with the same line-up against Torino as well. Ibra, Bennacer, Saelemaekers are still out injured. Rebic will be out at least 10 days as well.

The problem is we don't have depth. Having to play Calabria as DM today is all management's fault. Relying on a GARBAGE player like Castillejo is inexcusable.

Pioli is also at fault here. Should have played Diaz from the start. At least play your only cards right damn it!

Samu was probably played because he provides better cover, and considering the right side was handicapped, I understand the decision.

Look, we had more than half of the first team out and was playing important players out of position as well.

I think we'll have Ibra and Bennacer back in 2 weeks time. Tonali will be back for Toro so Calabria will be back to his natural position.

I actually think we put in an overall good performance and the score line was harsh. But when Juve bring on great runners like McKinnie and Kulusevski while we don't have any real subs and are tiring out, this was expected.

The only issue I have with Pioli's choices today is that we should have played it tighter and just hit them on the counter. The high press was sort of working and Juve could have easily gifted us a couple of goals with the way they were playing around at the back, but it didn't come off. And when we got caught out, we couldn't recover in time. The 2 goals in the second half were due to this
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 6 2021, 10:41 PM) *
Sad that unbeaten run finished and couldn't score 2 goals.

But it was too much tonask for Considering the injury and covid situation we had and then had to face juve who on paper are quite better even if we have the whole squad fit.

Also one more point that juve should have been down to 10 men from 70 mins onwards.

Yep, that none call for Bentancour was typical Juve BS

But what do you expect?
X-Offender
Nothing to add here. It was expected, no miracle happened. I hope at least this acts as a wake up call for Maldini and co. to make a few signings this winter, cos we have zero depth.

Dalot, Castillejo, Hauge, Leao showed their huge limitations. Unwatchable at times, terrible performances.

Hakan, Kessie did all they could. They're no superstars and it was obvious tonight.

Theo had possibly his worst game with us thus far. Completely exposed by Chiesa, no real threats pushing on the left except for some loner runs in the middle which Juve intercepted easily.

Calabria I thought was outstanding. For someone playing there for his first time, he really owned that position. The sheer grit and determination, just admirable. I wish everyone had his attitude.

Hopefully we get everyone back as soon as possible. We need our starting line-up to put up a fight.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2021, 10:50 PM) *
Nothing to add here. It was expected, no miracle happened. I hope at least this acts as a wake up call for Maldini and co. to make a few signings this winter, cos we have zero depth.

Dalot, Castillejo, Hauge, Leao showed their huge limitations. Unwatchable at times, terrible performances.

Hakan, Kessie did all they could. They're no superstars and it was obvious tonight.

Theo had possibly his worst game with us thus far. Completely exposed by Chiesa, no real threats pushing on the left except for some loner runs in the middle which Juve intercepted easily.

Calabria I thought was outstanding. For someone playing there for his first time, he really owned that position. The sheer grit and determination, just admirable. I wish everyone had his attitude.

Hopefully we get everyone back as soon as possible. We need our starting line-up to put up a fight.

Agreed

But sometimes you just have to accept that we've reached the absolute limit of what we can do with the players we have available.

Hopefully we'll use this as another springboard for the rest of the season like we've used previous defeats.

Losing Rebic today imo is what put the nail in this game. I was optimistic this morning, but as soon as I saw the news about the positive results, I said "oh well".

Juve are there for the taking this season, we couldn't do it today, but had we had a fully fit side, we would have won this, and I firmly believe that
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 6 2021, 10:58 PM) *
But sometimes you just have to accept that we've reached the absolute limit of what we can do with the players we have available.

Well said, couldn't have put it better.

Losing Rebic today imo is what put the nail in this game. I was optimistic this morning, but as soon as I saw the news about the positive results, I said "oh well".

Same.

Juve are there for the taking this season, we couldn't do it today, but had we had a fully fit side, we would have won this, and I firmly believe that

Absolutely.
William405
I still maintain that we had a good game.

Of course there are some instances that went Juve's way, but they have incredible talent in the attack that can change a match around. Chiesa had an amazing match, which was kind of unexpected, at least to this level. But, I still think, all things considered we controlled a big part lf the game. I have a few remarks. I agree that Theo had his worst match with us, but I think this player feeds off always playing and staying in the mix. But, he frustrated me, at some point he was walking..
And Romagnoli had to cover his *** each time. Leao, I thought had some really good instances to be honest, he still needs to maintain consistency throughout the whole game though.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 6 2021, 11:31 PM) *
I still maintain that we had a good game.

Of course there are some instances that went Juve's way, but they have incredible talent in the attack that can change a match around. Chiesa had an amazing match, which was kind of unexpected, at least to this level. But, I still think, all things considered we controlled a big part lf the game. I have a few remarks. I agree that Theo had his worst match with us, but I think this player feeds off always playing and staying in the mix. But, he frustrated me, at some point he was walking..
And Romagnoli had to cover his *** each time. Leao, I thought had some really good instances to be honest, he still needs to maintain consistency throughout the whole game though.

Oh, absolutely. We played more than well considering all our absences. But it's like you said, Juve have too much talent and that made all the difference in the end.

Sucks to lose but given the circumstances there's nothing to cry about. If anything, we should have been a bit tougher and not so soft at times.
X-Offender
According to what Pioli said after the match, we should be getting most if not all of our players back on the 18th for the Cagliari match.

So, save any other possible injuries, Torino on Saturday remains the last hurdle to overcome. Thankfully we play again at home.
Fillipo Simone
Perhaps our management could also speed up some of those completely unknown transfer targets we have and bring in someone till Sunday, yes? I mean it's January, why not hasten things a bit? IMO they operate very good but a bit too slow.

X-O I can't believe you're picking on Hauge, saying now that he was hyped and actually not so good while some days ago you defended Tonali. Ehem... double standards? I mean if someone was hyped it was Tonali who showed maybe a few glimpses of what was expected. Hauge on the other hand was a wild signing and he turned out good as a young backup player. I certainly don't expect him to excel against Juventus of all teams - and with such a selection of players.

Picking on Pioli is also not necessary IMO. Samu is very limited and usually bad (wouldn't call him garbage) but yesterday we had no options. In order to play like we usually play, we needed someone like him rather then the utterly unreliable and tactically not so good Diaz. In all honesty, playing Samu or Diaz - it would have changed little to nothing.

We had no subs and were left to bleed out yesterday. No one is actually at fault, other then the management operating too slow and not providing enough depth.
Danny
Same old Milan Juve. They will always have a mental edge over us, even had we been full strength I think we'd have lost mentally.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2021, 11:53 AM) *
Perhaps our management could also speed up some of those completely unknown transfer targets we have and bring in someone till Sunday, yes? I mean it's January, why not hasten things a bit? IMO they operate very good but a bit too slow.

X-O I can't believe you're picking on Hauge, saying now that he was hyped and actually not so good while some days ago you defended Tonali. Ehem... double standards? I mean if someone was hyped it was Tonali who showed maybe a few glimpses of what was expected. Hauge on the other hand was a wild signing and he turned out good as a young backup player. I certainly don't expect him to excel against Juventus of all teams - and with such a selection of players.

Picking on Pioli is also not necessary IMO. Samu is very limited and usually bad (wouldn't call him garbage) but yesterday we had no options. In order to play like we usually play, we needed someone like him rather then the utterly unreliable and tactically not so good Diaz. In all honesty, playing Samu or Diaz - it would have changed little to nothing.

We had no subs and were left to bleed out yesterday. No one is actually at fault, other then the management operating too slow and not providing enough depth.

I haven't defended Tonali. Go read my comments. I clearly stated he's been mediocre. And Hauge was mediocre last night as well. No double standards.

Yes, Tonali was signed with much more hype surrounding him, but Hauge played a superb match against us in Europe and showed glimpses of talent whenever he was subbed in. He had that "unknown" variable on his side much like Kaka in 2003. But he's never exploded and I don't think he's on that level.

Whereas for Diaz, we all know his talent is incomparable to Castillejo's. He can be quite unpredictable at times for the opponent, and given our many absences we could have used those qualities. Castillejo is just a chicken-legged, absolutely mediocre winger that adds nothing to our game. Even when he backtracks, 9 out of 10 occasions he never wins the ball. At least with Leao, who's also unbearable, you get that glimpse out of nowhere like the goal vs Benevento or the assist. to Calabria last night. With Castillejo you get absolutely nothing. Useless, useless, useless...

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 7 2021, 01:39 PM) *
Same old Milan Juve. They will always have a mental edge over us, even had we been full strength I think we'd have lost mentally.

We would have won with a full squad.
X-Offender
Calhanoglu injured as well, could miss the Torino match. rolleyes.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 7 2021, 02:11 PM) *
We would have won with a full squad.

Beaten better teams than Juve's form this season with a weak squad.

It's psychological with them, always is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.