Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2020, 04:04 PM) *
OFFICIAL LINE-UP: Donnarumma G.; Calabria, Kjær, Gabbia, Hernández; Tonali, Krunić; Saelemaekers, Díaz, Leão; Colombo.

I agree with the heavy rotation. After 5 games in two weeks and the 120 minutes of Portugal, it's a very reasonable move. Only thing I would have played Hauge from the start and moved Leao up front. Colombo has looked very mediocre in all his outings.

A rag-tag line-up no doubt. But yes, rotation was needed or we were risking serious muscle injuries with the way things were looking.

I have a feeling Leao will get the hook early for Hauge rather than Colombo. Pioli doesn't seem like he's willing to deal with his laziness.

Agreed about Colombo though. Make me miss Cutrone. At least he made up what he lacked in skill with shear effort, Colombo doesn't seem like he wants to do even that
X-Offender
*yawn*

These mofos needs to get a grip.
William405
Not a great start...
William405
No one can stop Brahim 🤣
han2503
Pioli will have to make changes earlier than he thought. Colombo and Leao are non-existent
X-Offender
What a terrible first half! And against such a crappy opponent. So little movement, so few combinations. It's like we're regressing to Giampaolo's level again.

Tonali has been shite. So many lost balls and so little creativity. Leao thinks he's CR7, when in reality he's a slightly better version of Niang. So annoying to watch him play. Colombo is laughable. He shouldn't even be on the team roster, let alone start league games. Calabria and Hernandez have been very average.

Only Saelemaekers and Brahim have been good. Brahim in particular is delightful to watch.

We miss Zlatan badly.
han2503
LEAOOO

William405
Goal!!!
han2503
Pretty sh!tty performance from him so far, but got the goal
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 4 2020, 08:21 PM) *
Pretty sh!tty performance from him so far, but got the goal

Bad attitude also
han2503
THEOO
William405
Theo!!
han2503
3-0
han2503
That's more like the Milan of last season
William405
We switched on with hakan coming in
William405
Hakan is majestic
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 4 2020, 06:43 PM) *
We switched on with hakan coming in

Completely changed our entire dynamic

Same goes with Kessie and Bennacer

We knew this would be rough. Apparently we fielded the youngest team in Serie A since 04/05. Overall, there needs to be improvement from some players, namely Tonali an Leao, I expect more. But they also need time. Bennacer was absolute pish last season in the first few months. These things take time, especially when the player is so young.
han2503
Alexis (that's what I will start kalling #56) he deserves his name to be spelled correctly, and since I can't do that, I'll call him by his first. He's been improving with each game. I think at this point Samu won't be seeing the pitch again anytime soon.
X-Offender
Finally got it done Milan-style.

Hakan changed the game, but I also think Pioli should have said a thing or two in the locker room at half time, cos the attitude was completely different in the second half.

Leao works way better as CF. He's tall and has a good physique. On the wing he thinks he's CR7 and can dribble the whole opponent team.

Anyway, another 3 points. 7 goals scored, 0 conceded. Top spot along with Atlanta, who have scored 13 goals in 3 games yes, but also have conceded 5. So the overall GD is 8-7 for them.

But we also shouldn't forget that we've played against 3 piss-poor opponents. Next match is the derby and that's going to be a whole other deal.

Hopefully we've recovered Zlatan, Rebic and Romagnoli, cos that will make a world of difference.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 4 2020, 06:57 PM) *
Alexis (that's what I will start kalling #56) he deserves his name to be spelled correctly, and since I can't do that, I'll call him by his first. He's been improving with each game. I think at this point Samu won't be seeing the pitch again anytime soon.

Totally agreed. I can't believe I was trashing him only a few weeks ago, but now he's winning me over game by game. I don't even mind him starting games anymore, cos he's becoming pretty good. And I love his attitude. He's running like a madman for 90 minutes, and he looks genuinely involved with the team. Kudos mate, really. When you deserve it, you deserve it.
X-Offender
Anyone following the whole Juve-Napoli mess? Juventus just arrived at the stadium, they even announced the official line-up. laugh.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if they even make their way on the pitch. What a comedy.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2020, 07:01 PM) *
Finally got it done Milan-style.

Hakan changed the game, but I also think Pioli should have said a thing or two in the locker room at half time, cos the attitude was completely different in the second half.

Leao works way better as CF. He's tall and has a good physique. On the wing he thinks he's CR7 and can dribble the whole opponent team.

Anyway, another 3 points. 7 goals scored, 0 conceded. Top spot along with Atlanta, who have scored 13 goals in 3 games yes, but also have conceded 5. So the overall GD is 8-7 for them.

But we also shouldn't forget that we've played against 3 piss-poor opponents. Next match is the derby and that's going to be a whole other deal.

Hopefully we've recovered Zlatan, Rebic and Romagnoli, cos that will make a world of difference.

You have to take into account that that was the second string side basically bar Kjaer, Theo and Calabria. It's always going to have an effect, especially when the players are so young. And we all expected this game to be a struggle due to circumstances going into it.

That being said, as soon as the first teamers came on, the change was instant, especially with Hakan.

Still p!ssed off at Leao's lackadaisical attitude, that is not waht I've come to expect from Pioli's Milan, everyone has to contribute in the pressing.

Hopefully we get all those 3 back against Inter and maybe the new CB as well.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2020, 07:04 PM) *
Totally agreed. I can't believe I was trashing him only a few weeks ago, but now he's winning me over game by game. I don't even mind him starting games anymore, cos he's becoming pretty good. And I love his attitude. He's running like a madman for 90 minutes, and he looks genuinely involved with the team. Kudos mate, really. When you deserve it, you deserve it.

Agreed totally. If he continues in this vein, not buying a RW will make a bit more sense for us

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2020, 07:15 PM) *
Anyone following the whole Juve-Napoli mess? Juventus just arrived at the stadium, they even announced the official line-up. laugh.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if they even make their way on the pitch. What a comedy.

They will, simply to get the forfeit
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 4 2020, 09:31 PM) *
You have to take into account that that was the second string side basically bar Kjaer, Theo and Calabria. It's always going to have an effect, especially when the players are so young. And we all expected this game to be a struggle due to circumstances going into it.

That being said, as soon as the first teamers came on, the change was instant, especially with Hakan.

Still p!ssed off at Leao's lackadaisical attitude, that is not waht I've come to expect from Pioli's Milan, everyone has to contribute in the pressing.

Hopefully we get all those 3 back against Inter and maybe the new CB as well.

I agree with this. Leao I don't really know what to think about him. I think he enormous talent obviously, but he needs to work so much more I believe. You can see that he is kind of half-assing, depending a bit on his talent... In my humble opinion. Sala owned him pretty much the whole game.

I learned lots of things from this game:

Pioli has a formula that works, but it only works when exactly all the components are more or less there. We had the chance really to play Spezia who is a weak team so that we can experiment.

Bennacer and Kessie for me are untouchable in the must-win games. Tonali is very interesting and will be very useful as a rotational player at the moment.

Hakan was exceptional, he was moving all the chess pieces, I understanding benching him for rotational purposes, but he is crucial for this side, and he does seem to be giving that extra effort that he was lacking before.

In general, we were more or less solid defensively. But, on some occasions, the game was so slow and Donnaruma couldn't get the ball to anyone, this is where Hakan was useful.

I hope we get all of our players back for Inter, it will not be an easy game, but I don't see why we can't win it!

Forza Milan!

Rossoneri7
It is important that Milan got off on a good start, the team at current is decimated and can only get stronger with players coming back.

There is the risk that the team losses more players to the virus which will impact the consistency of this team in normal circumstances.

Let us be fair, Leao is not a first team starter, he has potential and is being used because the team has lost both Zlatan and Rebic. All negative comments I read here won't amount to anything as he ended up converting two chances to goals. His game play is the same, nothing changed, all he needs is maturity and will get there in time.

The current standings reveal a resorected Milan, but I feel Milan is no where near that. This team should push for a CL birth by season end, but I don't see it finishing above EL spots. So let's tone down the optimism, with all things considered.
nuh
I'm wondering...how would you guys line-up the attack? On paper, I would be happy with putting leao on the right. But my worry is that we wouldn't have an off the bench option. Nor could we use him to rotate with Ibra as they would exhaust him. I think I would go with;

Diaz-Ibra- Rebic

Diaz would need to work on his end product. He seems to be highly skilled just a little raw when it comes to the final third. I hope with some game time, its something he can improve on this.

Also maybe with Dalot coming in using Sale wouldn't be as bad. Dalot is very good going forward and started his career as a RW. He could be used to go forward and Sale could be the one covering for him. I don't think its a bad situation to be honest. My biggest concern is with the defence as X-off said in the summer transfers thread. Both Kjaer and Romagnoli tend to get injuries. Its a possibility that we could potentially line up Gabbia and Mus (or worse Durate). Which would be awful. I'm also annoyed we didn't get a backup for kessie. I like Tonali and I actually don't mind Krunic. But we need a defensive minded midfielder to cover for Kessie and Bakayoko would of been perfect. I thought getting 20 mil for paqueta and getting EL would of helped :/
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Oct 6 2020, 02:32 PM) *
I'm wondering...how would you guys line-up the attack?

Zlatan
Rebic - Hakan - Saele

Saelemaekers has earned his spot for the time being. But that can change with time. The right wing is our only position where we don't have a fixed starter, but many players can fight to earn a spot: Saelemaekers, Hauge and Brahim in primis.

A big no-no for Leao. He's not ready yet to be a starter, he's nerve-racking on the wing, and we need him as backup for Zlatan.

I thought getting 20 mil for paqueta and getting EL would of helped :/

Indeed. What a gyp it all it turned out to be. Almost 50M earned from the sales of Suso, Paqueta and Rodriguez, +15M from the EL, +30M from the budget, yet we didn't spend anything. Only 10M for Tonali's loan and 5M for Hauge. Clearly management is only concerned for clearing the books.
Danny
I thought getting 20 mil for paqueta and getting EL would of helped :/

EL is only worth 3.5M at this point. Not exactly a lot. CL is where the real money is at.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 8 2020, 12:19 AM) *
EL is only worth 3.5M at this point. Not exactly a lot. CL is where the real money is at.

True that, but this is what is on offer at the moment. The same also provides additional income through sponsorships and merchandising as the club gets more exposure.

Also, I'd like to add that without actually having the clubs income/expenses on hand, we are not in a position to consider that an absolute figure that is available for use in the transfer market. As the club has lost a lot with closure of stadium hence no stadium receipts. While broadcasting have been renegotiated lower if I recall correctly.

These are important factors to consider.
X-Offender
I read from many sources that we gained 15M from qualifying to the group stage.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2020, 11:39 AM) *
I read from many sources that we gained 15M from qualifying to the group stage.

Basic prize fund for all clubs who get to the group stage is 3.5M.

The only other source of income is TV rights, and that's split among all Italian clubs competing. So in this case, us, Roma and Napoli.

So Rai and Sky Sport who I think carry your Europa League coverage will pay each club a split. But it's nowhere near as high as CL.

So if that's 11M by your numbers, then the UEL is worth about 30-35M in Italy's TV rights.

Tbf that does sound about right.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 8 2020, 03:00 PM) *
Basic prize fund for all clubs who get to the group stage is 3.5M.

The only other source of income is TV rights, and that's split among all Italian clubs competing. So in this case, us, Roma and Napoli.

So Rai and Sky Sport who I think carry your Europa League coverage will pay each club a split. But it's nowhere near as high as CL.

So if that's 11M by your numbers, then the UEL is worth about 30-35M in Italy's TV rights.

Tbf that does sound about right.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.
X-Offender
Zlatan and Duarte still positive today.

Also worth noting that Bastoni, Skrinar, Nainggolan and Gagliardini have tested positive for Inter.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2020, 04:06 PM) *
Zlatan and Duarte still positive today.

Also worth noting that Bastoni, Skrinar, Nainggolan and Gagliardini have tested positive for Inter.

Yep, seems like Inter is experiencing a bit of an outbreak. Which is concerning.

Add to that 2 players in the Italy U-21 squad have also tested positive, we have Tonali and Gabbia with them.

International break right now is madness imo. Sending players to mix with other groups of players unnecessarily plus all the travelling is a recipe for disaster. Add to that, these are all meaningless games. They are risking the club season o play meaningless friendlies and Nation's league game. Just incredibly stupid to have the NT break right now
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 9 2020, 10:36 AM) *
International break right now is madness imo. Sending players to mix with other groups of players unnecessarily plus all the travelling is a recipe for disaster. Add to that, these are all meaningless games. They are risking the club season o play meaningless friendlies and Nation's league game. Just incredibly stupid to have the NT break right now

Agreed. NT breaks in general are stupid but having them in this moment is beyond idiotic.

In other news, Zlatan is officially Covid negative.
X-Offender
And now Gabbia is Covid positive... rolleyes.gif
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 9 2020, 07:40 PM) *

That’s really unfortunate. I’ve been really impressed with Gabbia’s recent performances. He’s been improving game after game and I think playing with Kjaer, has helped him a lot. I think Kjaer has been helping with positioning and concentration. A little similar to Nesta with T.Silva (obviously to a much lesser extent). I think Gabbia can really turn into a decent squad player, which would be very helpful. A lot of people have the false expectation that if a player comes out of our youth system, they need to be the new Maldini, which shouldn’t be the case. I think if Gabbia turns out to be prime Kaladze it would be really useful.
Is it just me who sees the progress, or do you guys see this too? I feel like on an overall basis he hasn’t been getting enough credit on social media or other forums. He’s bound to make mistakes as he’s only 20, which is really young for a CB. But I really like his calmness which is hard to find with young CB’s.
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Oct 10 2020, 10:20 AM) *
That’s really unfortunate. I’ve been really impressed with Gabbia’s recent performances. He’s been improving game after game and I think playing with Kjaer, has helped him a lot. I think Kjaer has been helping with positioning and concentration. A little similar to Nesta with T.Silva (obviously to a much lesser extent). I think Gabbia can really turn into a decent squad player, which would be very helpful. A lot of people have the false expectation that if a player comes out of our youth system, they need to be the new Maldini, which shouldn’t be the case. I think if Gabbia turns out to be prime Kaladze it would be really useful.
Is it just me who sees the progress, or do you guys see this too? I feel like on an overall basis he hasn’t been getting enough credit on social media or other forums. He’s bound to make mistakes as he’s only 20, which is really young for a CB. But I really like his calmness which is hard to find with young CB’s.

Romagnoli was 10x better than him at 20.

Gabbia makes too many positioning mistakes. He also is a tad slow and not very strong physically despite being quite tall. I think he would make a decent enough 4th choice, but we absolutely needed someone better to sub Kjaer and Romagnoli.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 9 2020, 06:40 PM) *

Yep, one of the two U-21s I mentioned apparently

QUOTE (nuh @ Oct 10 2020, 10:20 AM) *

He's improving and he is reliable. But we've played easy teams. His main issue is that he's very slow. Positioning and strength can be learned/achieved but he would struggle against top opposition unless his positioning is always impeccable, which it isn't

I'm still glad to see him and Calabria breaking through and doing well though.
TriniKing_CE
Football Italia - Should the Milan Derby Go Ahead?
Danny
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Oct 13 2020, 09:09 PM) *

Nope. Serie A should be, and probably will be, suspended again, as I said already.
X-Offender
Rebic couldn't make it for the derby. It's between Brahim and Castillejo to replace him, with Mediaset for some reason behind my comprehension having Castillejo starting. God have mercy if that'll be the case...
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 16 2020, 12:08 AM) *
Rebic couldn't make it for the derby. It's between Brahim and Castillejo to replace him, with Mediaset for some reason behind my comprehension having Castillejo starting. God have mercy if that'll be the case...

I'd prefer playing Leao on the left. Him and Ibra have a good partnership. I think even better than the Ibra Rebic combo.
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Oct 17 2020, 07:34 AM) *
I'd prefer playing Leao on the left. Him and Ibra have a good partnership. I think even better than the Ibra Rebic combo.

Looks like it'll be Leao, which I'm very against. He's trash on the wing.
Fillipo Simone
Agreed. But all options seem equally bad or risky at most.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 17 2020, 12:16 PM) *
Agreed. But all options seem equally bad or risky at most.

It begs the question, what did we sign Brahim and Hauge for then?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 17 2020, 03:10 PM) *
It begs the question, what did we sign Brahim and Hauge for then?

It's still pretty early in the season to be asking that, especially with so many games coming up

Not saying you're not correct on the Leao front. He's pants on the wing. But we have options off the bench if he doesn't show up
X-Offender
Shame on that conceded goal. We could have walked in the dressing room with a comfortable lead. But Inter are always dangerous nevertheless every time they attack. We shouldn't be leaving so many open spaces, especially since we're leading.

It's been an enjoyable derby thus far. It could still end up either way, as it did last time.
Fillipo Simone
I have a bad feeling about this one.
X-Offender
Krunic coming in WTF!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.