Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
X-Offender
In 37 weeks of Serie A this season I think we've been out of the first top 4 only once. To finish 5th in the end would be unbelievable.
X-Offender
Cuadrado's inexistent penalty last night is what's going to kick us out of the CL. Even though there is no justification for our performance tonight, 2-2 between Juve and Inter would have meant we'd be through right now.
X-Offender
Serie A revenue from TV rights based on placement at year end:

1st: 23,4M
2nd: 19,4M
3rd: 16,8M
4th: 14,2M

So, besides finishing 2nd for the first time in their entire history, Atalanta also would end up earning 5M more than if they finish 4th.

They're not going to hold back in the slightest against us.
Fillipo Simone
No one will hold back. That's obvious.

I think yesterday was the end of the line for me regarding Pioli. He's a good coach, but he has no winner mentality and lacks that certain something to become even better or lead us through better times.

CL or no CL I think we should change our coach. Yesterday he disappointed me in every possible way. To let the team start such an important match with so little confidence, will and idea is beyond me. Then he made things even worse by not preparing properly for the game and not having a plan B. His impulsive subs made things worse and made no sense at all: taking off Alexis and bringing in Samu. Relying on both Samu and Hakan to make several crosses with no one in the box. Then not bringing in Mandzo sooner. Then not bringing in Hauge at all. Then taking off our only true tempo giver in Bennacer and replacing him with Meite. Only Dalot played good but that was sheer luck.

I think I've had it with him. And this team with it's loser mentality up to their bones... not being able to win at home, not being able to win when it counts, not being able to win when they must. Typical losers who got luck the Covid19 situations made football without fans a reality; if it were differently we would have been a midtable time like the usual.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 17 2021, 04:55 PM) *

I think yesterday was the end of the line for me regarding Pioli. He's a good coach, but he has no winner mentality and lacks that certain something to become even better or lead us through better times.

CL or no CL I think we should change our coach. Yesterday he disappointed me in every possible way. To let the team start such an important match with so little confidence, will and idea is beyond me. Then he made things even worse by not preparing properly for the game and not having a plan B. His impulsive subs made things worse and made no sense at all: taking off Alexis and bringing in Samu. Relying on both Samu and Hakan to make several crosses with no one in the box. Then not bringing in Mandzo sooner. Then not bringing in Hauge at all. Then taking off our only true tempo giver in Bennacer and replacing him with Meite. Only Dalot played good but that was sheer luck.

I think I've had it with him. And this team with it's loser mentality up to their bones... not being able to win at home, not being able to win when it counts, not being able to win when they must. Typical losers who got luck the Covid19 situations made football without fans a reality; if it were differently we would have been a midtable time like the usual.

100% agreed. Nothing more to add.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 17 2021, 06:55 PM) *

I agree so much with this, sadly.
Rossoneri7
If Milan fail to reach CL then it is a very sad day as Donna will most likely move somewhere else, Hakan will follow suit and Pioli will most likely be relieved of the bench.

Then, Milan will have to find a replacement for the above, without CL money and reduced sponsorship income it will be difficult to advance in those fronts.

There is more at stake, the club will not recoup any profits and as such will turn a loss in its attempt to fill in the gaps.

This game against Atalanta is so crucial, it goes beyond the 3 points, CL football or retaining Donna and Hakan ? This could probably take Milan back a couple of years in rebuilding, as the strategy could be all together scrapped along with Maldini and co.

This is an extreme view of what could happen if Milan losses the last game of the season.
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 19 2021, 11:53 AM) *
If Milan fail to reach CL then it is a very sad day as Donna will most likely move somewhere else, Hakan will follow suit and Pioli will most likely be relieved of the bench.

Then, Milan will have to find a replacement for the above, without CL money and reduced sponsorship income it will be difficult to advance in those fronts.

There is more at stake, the club will not recoup any profits and as such will turn a loss in its attempt to fill in the gaps.

This game against Atalanta is so crucial, it goes beyond the 3 points, CL football or retaining Donna and Hakan ? This could probably take Milan back a couple of years in rebuilding, as the strategy could be all together scrapped along with Maldini and co.

This is an extreme view of what could happen if Milan losses the last game of the season.

Yeah, I think everyone is aware of what is at stake in this game. This is why the Cagliari game was a must-win.

Let's not forget that we have the youngest team in Serie A. We lack well-established players that could bring us back to the top (a la Lukaku for Inter). This will only come with CL as you said. As for Donnarumma, if we don't get to the CL, I can understand him leaving, it's not about the money anymore at this point. As for Hakan, he's been instrumental in our play in some games, but it's also often a miss rather than a hit. I don't see it as a big deal to lose him to be honest.

We are building a model that will usually get us a good young team but without really the promise of getting into these top spots because of the Champion's league money. We have to believe and win the Atalanta game. If we don't, well..the most logical thing happens, we don't deserve Champion's league and we restart from next season.

X-Offender
In the last 16 league games Atalanta have made 13 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss (vs Inter). That's insane.

It's true they've also lost quite a few at home (1-3 to Sampdoria and Lazio, 0-2 to Verona), but that was in the first part of the season. Now they're in super form. How the hell are we supposed to beat them? Especially when you consider how they annihilated us in the first leg.
Fillipo Simone
With grit and determination.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 19 2021, 03:54 PM) *

Yeah, but after Cagliari I don't think our players have any of that.
X-Offender
Atalanta 1-2 Juventus

Good result for us. It shows to the players that we can beat them as well. And maybe, just maybe Atalanta will be a bit demoralised after this.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 19 2021, 05:54 PM) *

Like Juve did.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2021, 08:53 PM) *
Yeah, but after Cagliari I don't think our players have any of that.

They do, man, it's just inconsistent or we choke in big moments, I don't know what. Because Juventus and Torino results were excellent.
CrazyMilanFan
Rebic is out. So its gonna be leao starting i suppose
Rossoneri7
Tension is on.

The outcome of tomorrow decides the fate of the club and its players.

Reminds me of a true final, it's gonna be lite and I'm feeling rather tense especially with juve and Napoli games playing at the same time.

Forza Milan!
Fillipo Simone
Rebić out? Why?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2021, 05:05 PM) *
Rebić out? Why?

Some calf injury.

So, most likely our attacking line-up will be:

Leao
Hakan - Brahim - Saele

Let's see. A CF who is anything but a CF that plays bad 99% of the time and rarely scores. An AM who chokes whenever it counts. Another AM with lots of grit and determination but very often out of his depth. And a RW who also puts lots of grit and determination in his performances but is out of his depth.

No comment.
CrazyMilanFan
To add to above, with a GK whoae agent is seeking 20m commission, a CB who known a loss means je will be going back to London. And i am afraid one of the two CMs will also leave at least
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 22 2021, 06:34 PM) *
To add to above, with a GK whoae agent is seeking 20m commission, a CB who known a loss means je will be going back to London. And i am afraid one of the two CMs will also leave at least

Err, no? Tomori will be signed regardless of whether we go to CL or no, and Bennacer-Kessie are untouchable.
CrazyMilanFan
Lets hope it not comes to that at all somehow..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 22 2021, 09:34 PM) *

A lot is dependant on CL Qualification, the fact that stadium revenue is at an all time low (no fans) and that sponsorship clauses won't be activated.

There is a huge impact, that won't be felt until the game is over tonight.

Three points tonight isn't just about CL anymore, it's about the state of the club next season.
X-Offender
Thousands of fans at Milanello today to encourage the team. Hopefully the players will repay. They need to enter the pitch with the knife between their teeth.

Personally speaking, I don?t think we will win. Before the Juve, Torino and Cagliari games I was very nervous. Today I almost forgot about the match, because I just don?t think the players have it in them. Hopefully I am mistaken.
X-Offender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEO74kr9hKQ
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 23 2021, 02:06 PM) *
Thousands of fans at Milanello today to encourage the team. Hopefully the players will repay. They need to enter the pitch with the knife between their teeth.

Personally speaking, I don?t think we will win. Before the Juve, Torino and Cagliari games I was very nervous. Today I almost forgot about the match, because I just don?t think the players have it in them. Hopefully I am mistaken.

agreed i dont want to match this match at all.. last week was too depressing
X-Offender
They're going to score. We're completely toothless.
CrazyMilanFan
Juve already up.

And till now Donna got most the ball for us
Habitant
long ball after long ball after long ball....
X-Offender
Hakan and Bennacer completely inexistent.
CrazyMilanFan
Comon ref... For once leao did something productive
CrazyMilanFan
Pk 1-0 up
X-Offender
GOAL!!!!

Protect this advantage with blood!!!
CrazyMilanFan
Comon 45 more mins..
X-Offender
We're ahead undeservedly, but who gives a sh*t anymore. Just hold on 45 more minutes!
CrazyMilanFan
Yea midfield battle was like totally lost. So just long clearances
X-Offender
Here's to hoping that Atalanta start getting tired after their midweek game. And our players need to step up now more than ever. We cannot simply wait and let them whatever they want.
X-Offender
Kinda surprised Napoli haven't scored yet. And Juve steamrolling the ever useless Bologna.
CrazyMilanFan
Muriel coming on straight away,
CrazyMilanFan
They are to quick.. Again appears matter of time till they score
Habitant
hakan has lost every ball hes had the luck to touch this game! he can leave for free, hes so overrated...
CrazyMilanFan
Krunic and meite on for diaz and bennacer.

No comments
CrazyMilanFan
Napoli has scored.. So we have to win. Draw wouldn't be enough
CrazyMilanFan
Damn leaoo
Habitant
napoli/verona 1-1
X-Offender
F*ck man, we can't get out of our own half.....
CrazyMilanFan
Is there a stat which can confirms which team loses possession most on their own throws. Am sure its us.
CrazyMilanFan
4 added mins
CrazyMilanFan
Pk
CrazyMilanFan
Yessss
Rossoneri7
Yessssss!!!!!

7 years! Finally back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.