Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 21 2020, 11:52 PM) *
Well, Pioli also took off our nucleus in Kessie-Bennacer. Not that surprising that we'd start looking shaky at that point.

Tonali looks shaky right now as well. Maybe Pioli can give him a full game in either the Crotone or Spezia games coming up so he can start to find his feet.

I'd really like to see Brahim getting the start on Thursday in the EL. But Pioli does value the hard working player on the right side, which is why I think he favours Sales.

We'll see, but for me, I think RW is just as crucial as a CB. (Still secretly praying for Chiesa innocent.gif )

Brahim is really really good! He has that touch of class. I would like to see him in Hakan's position.

Tonali will need time, and I just feel that he is the kind of player who will get better when he gets lots of minutes in game. It is hard to bench Kessie and Bennacer at the moment, unless for rotational reasons.
Danny
Great display, very pleased with what I saw - continued last season's momentum. Quite happy to eat humble pie if we're still playing like this come December.

Only blot was our shape fell to pieces after the substitutions and Bologna probably looked the better team, but by then the damage was done.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 21 2020, 09:52 PM) *
Tonali looks shaky right now as well. Maybe Pioli can give him a full game in either the Crotone or Spezia games coming up so he can start to find his feet.

Funny thing about Tonali, he didn't indeed look convincing but his stats told a different story. Will say you swear you're looking at Pirlo in every sense though.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 22 2020, 10:59 AM) *
Brahim is really really good! He has that touch of class. I would like to see him in Hakan's position.

You want to bench Hakan?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 22 2020, 12:06 PM) *
Funny thing about Tonali, he didn't indeed look convincing but his stats told a different story. Will say you swear you're looking at Pirlo in every sense though.

His gait reminds me of Pirlo but his style is very different imo

I feel like we're so close to being what we need to be in order to get back into the top 4. There's just so little that's missing to get us there.

I really do hope Paolo and Co are working on the final 2 pieces of the puzzle that are missing.
han2503
BREAKING NEWS: #ASRoma lose their appeal, 3-0 win awarded to #HellasVerona over Amadou Diawara error. #SerieA

How incredibly stupid is this? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whoever's in charge of the administrative stuff at Roma should be raked over coals
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2020, 02:48 PM) *
You want to bench Hakan?

Nope. I'm just saying he'd best be suited in that position, especially for rotational purposes with Hakan.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2020, 05:25 PM) *

I feel like we're so close to being what we need to be in order to get back into the top 4. There's just so little that's missing to get us there.

I really do hope Paolo and Co are working on the final 2 pieces of the puzzle that are missing.

The only resemblance with Pirlo at this moment is his hair.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2020, 03:25 PM) *

I don't think Tonali is anything like Pirlo. He's more physical and dynamic, and less creative.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2020, 03:32 PM) *
BREAKING NEWS: #ASRoma lose their appeal, 3-0 win awarded to #HellasVerona over Amadou Diawara error. #SerieA

How incredibly stupid is this? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whoever's in charge of the administrative stuff at Roma should be raked over coals

Comedy gold.
X-Offender
I just realised this is Calabria's seventh season with us! Holy crap, time really does fly fast.
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 22 2020, 04:03 PM) *
Nope. I'm just saying he'd best be suited in that position, especially for rotational purposes with Hakan.

Best having two excellents options rather than just one guy who gets complacent.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2020, 08:45 PM) *
I just realised this is Calabria's seventh season with us! Holy crap, time really does fly fast.

And he's still 23 years old

Still so much time to grow. I do hope he has a good season to build on.
TriniKing_CE
Official: Leo Duarte is sick with the coronavirus. This was confirmed by yesterday's test. At the time of testing, the rest of the staff tested negative. The Brazilian has since been isolated. Another set of tests are supposed to be taken soon.

unsure.gif huh.gif
han2503
Ibra also positive.

Colombo is the only available forward we have for tonights game with Rebic suspended and Leao still doing prep training
X-Offender
F*ck!!!

We'll be losing him for many other games, not just tonight. At least a couple of weeks in quarentine? Him of all people FFS!
han2503
Samu has been utter sh!te once again today
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 24 2020, 08:10 PM) *
Samu has been utter sh!te once again today

And considering the quality of opponents we've been facing thus far, imagine him against tougher sides. Pioli needs to stop playing him and play Brahim on the right.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2020, 08:13 PM) *
And considering the quality of opponents we've been facing thus far, imagine him against tougher sides. Pioli needs to stop playing him and play Brahim on the right.

I think Pioli sees Brahim as an AM. We absolutely need a RW this window. Sale has been good though
han2503
Hakan 3-1

X-Offender
WTF is Pioli's fixation with Krunic? It's the second time he's subbing him in for Castillejo.
X-Offender
Krunic is terrible. And somehow he's playing in attack.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2020, 08:55 PM) *
WTF is Pioli's fixation with Krunic? It's the second time he's subbing him in for Castillejo.

I think it was the right sub

We're struggling right now and Krunic will give us a bit more in the middle of the pitch
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 24 2020, 09:09 PM) *
I think it was the right sub

We're struggling right now and Krunic will give us a bit more in the middle of the pitch

But he's sh*t.
X-Offender
Also, he's playing far wide if you haven't noticed.
han2503
Terrible last 30 minutes...

Should have killed it when we were so dominant, but alas, it feels like we're completely handicapped without Ibra on the pitch.

Leao and Rebic are also sorely missed.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2020, 09:20 PM) *
Also, he's playing far wide if you haven't noticed.

Yep, thought he would move him centrally since we were getting outnumbered and rapidly tiring out
X-Offender
3-2 FT

Should have been 3-3. They devoured a done goal in the end.

Very mediocre performance. First half was good but we switched off completely after our third goal. Not gonna complain about our absences cos we were playing against Bodo fucking Glimt.

Thankfully Rebic and hopefully Leao will be back against Crotone.
han2503
Anyways, FT. We go through, just barely though.

Need to do much better in the next round.

Hopefully we're have Leao back. Don't know if Rebic will still be suspended
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 24 2020, 09:26 PM) *
Anyways, FT. We go through, just barely though.

Need to do much better in the next round.

Hopefully we're have Leao back. Don't know if Rebic will still be suspended

Rebic is suspended for another game, yes. What the hell did he do to get a 3-match ban?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2020, 09:25 PM) *
3-2 FT

Should have been 3-3. They devoured a done goal in the end.

Very mediocre performance. First half was good but we switched off completely after our third goal. Not gonna complain about our absences cos we were playing against Bodo fucking Glimt.

Thankfully Rebic and hopefully Leao will be back against Crotone.

I think the complete drop off had more to do with heavy legs rather than the missing players, but not having the usual outlets of Rebic/Ibra is a huge miss for this team. Samu and Sale are just subpar players.

That being said, we could have scored 2/3 more when we were dominating
X-Offender
We're playing Rio Ave in the play-off, who surprisingly defeated Besiktas on penalties earlier.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2020, 09:26 PM) *
Rebic is suspended for another game, yes. What the hell did he do to get a 3-match ban?

I saw the clip and it was just him and the opposing keeper going for the ball and they collided. It was very soft imo. Certainly not a 3 match ban offence.

Gabbia tonight showed why we cannot go into the season with him as the first option off the bench when Romagnoli or Kjear are out. Both goals came from his errors. That new CB cannot come soon enough

Also we simply have to look into another attacker. Preferably before we play the next qualifier. Whether it's a striker or a RW at this point I'm not picky but we're threadbare in that department. Samu and Sale are simply not good enough. And this was against a side from a true farmer's league FFS.

Anyway. Rio Ave up next.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2020, 09:31 PM) *
We're playing Rio Ave in the play-off, who surprisingly defeated Besiktas on penalties earlier.

Apparently Besiktas were missing 7 players due to having Covid
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2020, 04:32 PM) *

I believe he resigned and now works for ... Verona. That kind of stuff only happens in Italy ...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 26 2020, 01:42 AM) *
I believe he resigned and now works for ... Verona. That kind of stuff only happens in Italy ...

Indeed. I read that he was about to leave Roma and one potential destination was Verona. Is that official now?

Anyway, probable line-up vs Crotone:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Gabbia, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Castillejo, Calhanoglu, Rebic; Colombo.

Pioli said today that Colombo could possibly start tomorrow, but that Leao is also ready and could play some minutes (and hopefully be ready to start vs Rio Ave).
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 26 2020, 01:42 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Classic!

Leao in the squad for Crotone tomorrow. So he'll probably play upfront considering the extreme shortage.

Will be interesting to see how he interprets that role
X-Offender
Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Gabbia, Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Brahim, Calhanoglu, Saelemaekers; Rebic.

Good to see Tonali and Brahim from the start. Hopefully Brahim impresses so he can cement his role on the right.
Forza Milan!
Game starting, forza Milan!!!
William405
Tonali and Brahim are so good
X-Offender
Rebic has been so bad. He was quite poor vs Bologna as well. What's happening to him?
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2020, 07:31 PM) *
Rebic has been so bad. He was quite poor vs Bologna as well. What's happening to him?

I don't know if it is his right position tonight.
William405

And here he eins a penalty!!
William405

And here he eins a penalty!!
William405
Kessie 1-0
William405
It was an okay first half, we dominated well, but we're missing Ibra for the reference point in the center. Rebic struggled to be a reference point. Some points, Tonali is doing much much better today. Some really nice passes, he has a wider and deeper vision than Bennacer. Brahim is good, he is great with the ball at his feet. Hope we manage to snatch a second goal.
Forza Milan!
Overall, a good half against an opponent that is better than their 4-1 loss to Genoa last week. Horrible pitch and strong wind not helping. Penalty somewhat questionable due to Rebic's near-handball, but the halftime result is deserved.

Tonali doing much better than his first few games. Kier, Gabbia, Calabria, Kessie all solid. The attack is a bit disappointing, Rebic in particular. Perhaps it's because it is not his natural role. Will see if Pioli changes anything at the half.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 27 2020, 06:06 PM) *
Overall, a good half against an opponent that is better than their 4-1 loss to Genoa last week. Horrible pitch and strong wind not helping. Penalty somewhat questionable due to Rebic's near-handball, but the halftime result is deserved.

Tonali doing much better than his first few games. Kier, Gabbia, Calabria, Kessie all solid. The attack is a bit disappointing, Rebic in particular. Perhaps it's because it is not his natural role. Will see if Pioli changes anything at the half.

It was no handball, very clearly he controlled it with his chest.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2020, 08:06 PM) *
It was no handball, very clearly he controlled it with his chest.

Yes! His hand moved like a handball, but it was clear after the replay.
William405
Diaz!!!!
X-Offender
Crap, missed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.