Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
William405
I really don't want to pinpoint one player. Everyone has been bad. Except for Kessie imo who is just trying to save this team. The approach and the mentality is not here anymore. What did we think? That we won something? We need to work so much harder or we risk losing a lot m
Rossoneri7
And Milan draws United in EL last 16.
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 26 2021, 02:13 PM) *
And Milan draws United in EL last 16.

Utd have gained momentum in the past few months. A lot of it. Second top in England, and similar to us in some ways but while City have the league sown up already, Utd are on the rise while we're going the other way.

Still, hell of a tie.

PS Liverpool's plummet back to mediocrity has been quite amusing tbh.
X-Offender
Gonna be a couple of interesting games at least. I?d rather play United than some godforsaken club like Molde knowing full well the team will not give two craps in the latter case.
Fillipo Simone
Firstly, I think the management made several mistakes up until now:

1) Rebić is completely out of shape this season; having suffered 2 injuries and COVID19 seemingly did their thing but Rebić is also known to be inconsistent. I'm also beginning to think that injuries took their toll and his speed is suffering. This was very well evident and we should have gone forward with signing an additional winger/RW. This would give us at least an additional option and not just the numb Samu and Hauge who seems to be out of the picture entirely.

2) Some very bad singings have been made. I don't think it was completely necessary to send Conti away on loan. Yes, Calabria is very good this season but looks now completely out of steam. Whereas signing Dalot was a big mistake and I cannot believe that our management was still considering buying him out come season end. Meite is yet another junk player who offers too little to be considered even a rotational option. At the same time Bennacer get's injured time after time and we don't have the slightest idea how to fill in his position.

3) X-O you told us the contract situation is under control and basically a done deal. Well I'm sorry to say I told you so: we're entering March and the saga is dragging on and on. I'm more confident that we're gonna lose Donna for zero cash and maybe keep Hakan. Note: I think it's taking it's toll on Hakan especially. He was performing superbly right up until recently, while now he looks like a shadow of his recent displays. COVID is also again a factor perhaps.

4) We should have signed Mand?ukić during summer. It was obvious we lack a striker alternative, but we stubbornly entered the most dense schedule ever with a almost 40 year old star and two kids and the ever unreliable Leao. Now it seems like a lost thing with Mario, he's out of shape and rusty not having played professional football for months, and who know when he'll be able to regain form, if at all.

Having said this, I also think Pioli is a big part of the problem. These things happened before: with Lazio and Fiorentina. Remember how Lazio played good under Pioli and then suddenly collapsed? Pioli seems like a nice guy but I would place him in the "Spalletti category". Good transitional coach who guarantees some results but will never manage to exceed certain limitations.
Danny
Not allowed to say 'I was right' or 'I told you so' around here Pippo wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 27 2021, 11:05 AM) *
3) X-O you told us the contract situation is under control and basically a done deal. Well I'm sorry to say I told you so: we're entering March and the saga is dragging on and on. I'm more confident that we're gonna lose Donna for zero cash and maybe keep Hakan. Note: I think it's taking it's toll on Hakan especially. He was performing superbly right up until recently, while now he looks like a shadow of his recent displays. COVID is also again a factor perhaps.

Yeah sorry man, looks like Maldini lied to me the last time I spoke to him.

The hell you on about? I was just reporting what I was reading online. I didn't "tell you" anything.
X-Offender
One million, with bonuses that could fill the gap and lead to white smoke in a negotiation that, after all, has never been too poised. Milan and Calhanoglu will continue together, save for twists of course, because the contacts between the Rossoneri managers and the player's entourage are constant and because Hakan wants to stay. Maldini and Massara will talk in the next few hours with Gordon Stipic, agent of the number 10, and will try to bridge the gap of one million that currently exists between supply and demand. Calha asks for 5, Milan has arrived at 4. The bonuses, as mentioned, will do the rest, to close a deal that everyone wants and that should restore the tranquility to the Turkish that in recent games has seemed a bit lost.

This from 3 days ago, from Sportmediaset: https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calci...1-202102k.shtml

Believe what you want.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2021, 05:38 PM) *
Yeah sorry man, looks like Maldini lied to me the last time I spoke to him.

The hell you on about? I was just reporting what I was reading online. I didn't "tell you" anything.

You were confident that everything is well and that the extension are going to be signed.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 27 2021, 03:20 PM) *
Not allowed to say 'I was right' or 'I told you so' around here Pippo wink.gif

Seems that way...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2021, 05:42 PM) *
This from 3 days ago, from Sportmediaset: https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calci...1-202102k.shtml

Believe what you want.

You really forgot the whole debate?

I'm positive Hakan will stay. First and foremost because ManUtd lost interest in him. But that wasn't the point. I said back then the extensions are taking way too long. And still no real progress.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 27 2021, 04:21 PM) *
You were confident that everything is well and that the extension are going to be signed.

I repeat, based on what I read, i.e. articles like the one I just posted. How else would I be confident? It's not like I have insider info or something.
X-Offender
Firstly, I think the management made several mistakes up until now:

1) Rebić is completely out of shape this season; having suffered 2 injuries and COVID19 seemingly did their thing but Rebić is also known to be inconsistent. I'm also beginning to think that injuries took their toll and his speed is suffering. This was very well evident and we should have gone forward with signing an additional winger/RW. This would give us at least an additional option and not just the numb Samu and Hauge who seems to be out of the picture entirely.

2) Some very bad singings have been made. I don't think it was completely necessary to send Conti away on loan. Yes, Calabria is very good this season but looks now completely out of steam. Whereas signing Dalot was a big mistake and I cannot believe that our management was still considering buying him out come season end. Meite is yet another junk player who offers too little to be considered even a rotational option. At the same time Bennacer get's injured time after time and we don't have the slightest idea how to fill in his position.

4) We should have signed Mand?ukić during summer. It was obvious we lack a striker alternative, but we stubbornly entered the most dense schedule ever with a almost 40 year old star and two kids and the ever unreliable Leao. Now it seems like a lost thing with Mario, he's out of shape and rusty not having played professional football for months, and who know when he'll be able to regain form, if at all.

We had no money. Did you forget how we struggled to sign a CB and eventually ended up with no one else? Only with the endless injuries did management decide to sign Tomori, Meite, and Mandzukic in January.

And what were you exactly expecting? The January transfer window is made precisely for signings like those we made. Though I agree with you that we should have kept Conti. It was stupid to let him go.

We have to accept the fact that financially we're in deep sh*t.

Having said this, I also think Pioli is a big part of the problem. These things happened before: with Lazio and Fiorentina. Remember how Lazio played good under Pioli and then suddenly collapsed? Pioli seems like a nice guy but I would place him in the "Spalletti category". Good transitional coach who guarantees some results but will never manage to exceed certain limitations.

Yes, Pioli definitely is also to blame. But it also falls on the players. There's so much a coach can do to motivate his players.
Danny
I'll be surprised now if we do get a UCL slot. Even UEL is looking ropey.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 28 2021, 07:52 PM) *
I'll be surprised now if we do get a UCL slot. Even UEL is looking ropey.

No I think the CL is attainable, Scudetto on the other hand is would be something of a miracle coupled with the usual suspects falling out of form.

That said, Milan is well on course for a CL place, all that is left is to regain some form and defend a last 4 position.
X-Offender
We're wasting so many golden chances damn it...
X-Offender
1-1

Deserved. F*ckers have wasted 10 chances thus far.
William405
Our players are made of glass.
William405
REBICFFF REBICCCC REBICCCC
X-Offender
Rebic is having a fantastic game.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 1 2021, 12:07 AM) *
Rebic is having a fantastic game.

Yes
X-Offender
Oh FFS! Just when he was getting back in shape. We're cursed this season.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 1 2021, 12:10 AM) *
Oh FFS! Just when he was getting back in shape. We're cursed this season.

Fml
X-Offender
Krunic in. Oh the difference...
William405
Damn theo
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 1 2021, 12:11 AM) *
Krunic in. Oh the difference...

Yeah... Sure feels good to have diaz back though
William405
If Leao can finish his chances..
William405
We got lucky
William405
Tonali is having a good game, he seems much more free
X-Offender
We're not gonna win this. I can feel it.
William405
Poor hauge he's a completely outcasted
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 1 2021, 12:18 AM) *
We're not gonna win this. I can feel it.

Don't say this 😓
William405
Man leao, he needa to be much more applied, stupid stuff
William405
Tomori...just gotta say he's a very good buy
X-Offender
Leao... I just can't...
William405
Leao is a fucking idiot..sorry but come on
William405
Calabria a beast
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 1 2021, 12:26 AM) *
Leao... I just can't...

He killed us with that counter attack
X-Offender
YES!!!
William405
YESSS!!! BIG BIG WIN!
William405
It was nice the talk of Ibra at the start of the match! 😁
han2503
Like I said, this was our do or die moment and we passed the test imo. We might have lost our grasp on the Scudetto, but it important that we do not plunge into a fight for the top 4. And if we lost this that's what would have happened

But I have to say, our luck this season is just non-existent. Every time we have a semblance of a full squad back we lose players again. Ibra, Hakan and Rebic all in one go?! FML

Re the match, I thought we started the game in blistering fashion, but as soon as Ibra felt the pain we dropped off. Then something obviously happened to Hakan as well. We cannot catch a break at thi point. Roma had a couple of good chances, always was going to happen, but we squandered quite a bit as well. We need to be more clinical. Rebic was outstanding today. But every time he finds his stride something happens. Just unbelievable.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 28 2021, 10:45 PM) *
It was nice the talk of Ibra at the start of the match! ��

All of them knew that this would define the course of our season. Had we not won today, all the hard work we've put in would have been for f@ck all as we would also be at risk of losing top 4.

We're 4 points behind Inter. My Scudetto hopes at this point are a dyeing amber but I won't completely give up the faith. 4 points is still doable if we can pick up form imo
X-Offender
Great result, really good game. We did have quite a few brainfart moments in defense, but man did we waste chances tonight like we've never done before. I don't think we've created these many chances in a single game.

Rebic was superb, arguably his best game this season. Saelemaekers was really good as well. Most of the players were. Except for Hakan and Leao. Hakan is barely a football player right now. And Leao, I have no words. Forget the little tricks he makes now and then. His overall contribution is actually detrimental to our team. The way he passed the ball to Roma's players that led to their counterattack is stuff you don't even see in Sunday league football.

I'm just worried about Udinese now on Wednesday. Possibly Ibra and Rebic might sit out.
Fillipo Simone
Agreed on all accounts.

What's happening with Mandzukic? Will he be available against Udinese?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 28 2021, 10:59 PM) *
What's happening with Mandzukic? Will he be available against Udinese?

No, looks like he picked a bad injury I was hearing earlier.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2021, 10:51 PM) *
Great result, really good game. We did have quite a few brainfart moments in defense, but man did we waste chances tonight like we've never done before. I don't think we've created these many chances in a single game.

Rebic was superb, arguably his best game this season. Saelemaekers was really good as well. Most of the players were. Except for Hakan and Leao. Hakan is barely a football player right now. And Leao, I have no words. Forget the little tricks he makes now and then. His overall contribution is actually detrimental to our team. The way he passed the ball to Roma's players that led to their counterattack is stuff you don't even see in Sunday league football.

I'm just worried about Udinese now on Wednesday. Possibly Ibra and Rebic might sit out.

Agreed on all counts

Rebic, Saele, Kessie, Theo and Tomori were the obvious standouts.

Hakan hasn't been the same since he had Covid, I read at the time that he was symptomatic, it could be what has effected this big dip. Rebic also took time to regain match fitness.

Tomori is a must keep at this point, another outstanding display. He's the only loanee I would shell out money for at this point. I like Diaz a lot as well, but he's not worth what Real will ask for him imo. Dalot and Meite already have their return post marks stuck on at this point.

Leao is the most frustrating player I've seen in a while, boundless talent attached with insurmountable laziness. That pass was just shear laziness again. With his pace he should be pressing the sh!t out of opposing defenders. 40 year old Ibra presses more than him.

When should we know about the injuries to Ibra, Hakan and Rebic?
han2503
Btw, big ups to Pioli for having the cojones to drop Romagnoli

Not many would have done that.

I like Romagnoli a lot, but he's been pants for a few weeks now. And I would place money on games like the one vs Inter being different with Tomori on instead. Where both Kjear and Romagnoli were physically not able to keep up with the pace and strength of Lukaku and even Lautaro to an extent
William405
It's not a Romagnoli faullt per say. It's just we should always play Tomori with one of Kjaer/Roma.
Fillipo Simone
I think we've outgrown Romagnoli to be honest, at least for this moment when we fight to win the scudetto or secure CL and end as runner-ups.

Romagnoli has 26 and I concur with the Italian media who think his development has stopped for quite some time. This is becoming visible now that we found a good defender like Kjaer and Tomori which for the first time since Silva and Nesta gives us quality options at the back combining youth and experience. The first moment Milan started playing better and raising ambitions Romagnoli haltered.

Look at his Azzurri caps as well: 12 games in 5 years (if I am correct) and not a single big tournament callup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.