Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 3 2020, 01:48 PM) *
Who cares what happened to them afterwards? I hope you're joking. I don't want us to become another one hit wonder like Leicester or Porto, winning the league this year and struggling to make top four next season. I want us to develop a mindset and a way of playing that will allow us to grow and become great again.

Let me get this straight. ALL THIS TIME I've been whining about the way we're playing, that without Ibra we'd never won against Udinese, and you're saying I'm shifting my argument to defending playing badly? I'm struggling, yes, to understand your way of thinking.

Of course they did. Spectacular, at times. Perhaps your memory is failing you again like with Bakayoko.

You win, I'm bored.
X-Offender
About time.
Danny
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 3 2020, 08:35 PM) *
About time.

Disappointing but predictable response. Good day.
X-Offender
Romagnoli with a massive brain fart.
X-Offender
0-3

LMAO. What did I tell you.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2020, 10:18 PM) *
0-3

I'm not quite sure, what did you tell us?
Rossoneri7
Well I'm glade Milan got its first loss of the season, we can now move on from discussing CL and Scudetto contention king.gif
X-Offender
Lille gave us tonight a lesson in football. They showed us that we?re not going anywhere with our one-dimensional way of playing. We?ve regrerssed so badly from where we left off in August, and it keeps getting apparent with each game.

I just hope this debacle tonight (worst home loss in our European history) acts as a wake-up bell. Otherwise we?re looking at another 6th-7th position in the league.

Not gonna mention any players cos everyone was beyond riduclous tonight, starting with Pioli and his asinine player selection. Except for Brahim. The only one who actually cared.
William405
We win and we suffer together. Forza Milan!
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 6 2020, 12:56 AM) *
Well I'm glade Milan got its first loss of the season, we can now move on from discussing CL and Scudetto contention king.gif

Being glad that your team loses... I don't know.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2020, 10:18 PM) *
0-3

How does this game prove your point? But all the other games we won mean nothing?

It was bound to happen, especially when you start the most difficult game in the group (imo) with a heavily rotated side.

That being said, the penalty was never a penalty. Donna with his once in a blue moon f@ck up. We can't be perfect all the time.

Lille are a great side, with lots of talent. They're also great physically. It was always going to be a tough game, but never should it have been a 3-0

I think Pioli made a mistake to rotate as much in this one. Especially with Tonali and Krunic.We looked handicapped throughout that first half with Krunic MIA all 45 minutes. Th Kessie, Bennacer DP is hugely important to our structure as well, I don't think we can really deviate from it right now in games against better sides. That being said, we weren't that bad in the first half, the ref screwed us on that penalty. We lost our heads after the 2nd goal, which shouldn't be happening.

Romagnoli hasn't been good either since his return, it' just been papered over by Kjear and the fact that we haven't really faced any really good sides with fast players since now. Kjaer can only do so much. Alessio needs to get in form ASAP.

Overall, we need to improve, as I have been saying, we're not at the level we were just a few months ago, we're too relaxed in games. Maybe this is a good wakeup call for all these guys who have been riding the high a bit too much as of late. Ibra will surely kick a boot p their @sses for that one. How we respond on Sunday will tell us a lot about how far this team can go imo.

Btw. Renato Sanchez was amazing. Reminded me of that kid at the Euros. So good on the ball, fast, smart. Maybe we should look into getting him, is he still owned by Bayern?
William405
I'm just hoping that we take this as a positive thing and it doesn't affect the player's confidence and mentality. sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 5 2020, 10:56 PM) *

I still think we'll make top 4. Scudetto talk was always stupid

That being said, it is a loss we have to swallow, learn from it and move on. I think it will serve as a good wake up call. People were starting to sip the coolaid a bit too much

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2020, 11:01 PM) *
Lille gave us tonight a lesson in football. They showed us that we?re not going anywhere with our one-dimensional way of playing. We?ve regrerssed so badly from where we left off in August, and it keeps getting apparent with each game.

I just hope this debacle tonight (worst home loss in our European history) acts as a wake-up bell. Otherwise we?re looking at another 6th-7th position in the league.

Not gonna mention any players cos everyone was beyond riduclous tonight, starting with Pioli and his asinine player selection. Except for Brahim. The only one who actually cared.

Come on! Again with the over exaggeration. Was it a good game? No, we were bad. Even Donna f@cked up. But it was bound to happen at some point. Lille are a very good side. Pioli made a mistake with rotating so heavily.

It's like you've been waiting with bated breath for us to lose so you can come in here scream that you were sooo right. Did anyone believe we would remain undefeated all season? I sure didn't, it was bound to happen, and now that it did, I'm glad as it will take off the ridiculous undefeated moniker that was being brandished about. And yes, it should serve as a wake-up call. I'm expecting a reply against Verona. If that doesn't happen then yes, we can talk more about how you are right. But you're jumping on this too exuberantly right now
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:03 PM) *
How does this game prove your point? But all the other games we won mean nothing?

Actually, the other games made me realise how bad we're becoming. This game simply sealed it.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:03 PM) *
It was bound to happen, especially when you start the most difficult game in the group (imo) with a heavily rotated side.

That being said, the penalty was never a penalty. Donna with his once in a blue moon f@ck up. We can't be perfect all the time.

Lille are a great side, with lots of talent. They're also great physically. It was always going to be a tough game, but never should it have been a 3-0

I think Pioli made a mistake to rotate as much in this one. Especially with Tonali and Krunic.We looked handicapped throughout that first half with Krunic MIA all 45 minutes. Th Kessie, Bennacer DP is hugely important to our structure as well, I don't think we can really deviate from it right now in games against better sides. That being said, we weren't that bad in the first half, the ref screwed us on that penalty. We lost our heads after the 2nd goal, which shouldn't be happening.

Romagnoli hasn't been good either since his return, it' just been papered over by Kjear and the fact that we haven't really faced any really good sides with fast players since now. Kjaer can only do so much. Alessio needs to get in form ASAP.

Overall, we need to improve, as I have been saying, we're not at the level we were just a few months ago, we're too relaxed in games. Maybe this is a good wakeup call for all these guys who have been riding the high a bit too much as of late. Ibra will surely kick a boot p their @sses for that one. How we respond on Sunday will tell us a lot about how far this team can go imo.

Btw. Renato Sanchez was amazing. Reminded me of that kid at the Euros. So good on the ball, fast, smart. Maybe we should look into getting him, is he still owned by Bayern?

Get real, mate. We got demolished tonight.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:14 PM) *
Come on! Again with the over exaggeration. Was it a good game? No, we were bad. Even Donna f@cked up. But it was bound to happen at some point. Lille are a very good side. Pioli made a mistake with rotating so heavily.

It's like you've been waiting with bated breath for us to lose so you can come in here scream that you were sooo right. Did anyone believe we would remain undefeated all season? I sure didn't, it was bound to happen, and now that it did, I'm glad as it will take off the ridiculous undefeated moniker that was being brandished about. And yes, it should serve as a wake-up call. I'm expecting a reply against Verona. If that doesn't happen then yes, we can talk more about how you are right. But you're jumping on this too exuberantly right now.

I don't give a rat's @ss about being right. I just want this godforsaken team to get the head out of its @ss.

Cos it's been so glaringly obvious that we've become irritatingly complacent with our performances that we just look at the result and don't care anymore about how we're playing.

Cos that sh*t actually matters. Play like you did against Udinese against a tougher team in Europe and you're f@cked. Which we rightfully did tonight.
han2503
Oh, and I forgot to mention Samu in the handicapping list of players. Another terrible game, he's been so bad so far this season. At least last season he made himself useful with his pressing and defensive work, now he's just running around like a headless chicken. Pioli should really stop playing him and just give Hauge a chance

Tonali right now is not fit to shine Benna's shoes. The talent is there, you can see it, but he's still so raw imo, especially when using his against such a fast physical side. Add a slightly off colour Kessie next to him and at times we looked like we had a huge gaping hole in our midfield.

Krunic was just not there at all, should never have started him.

I think we'd have seen a different game if Pioli had started his best 11. I understand that he's playing these game with one eye on the league, but such heavy rotation in the most difficult game in the group is always going to put you at a disadvantage.

Leao wasn't good when he came on either. He's such a frustrating player. Just too casual.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:24 PM) *
Oh, and I forgot to mention Samu in the handicapping list of players. Another terrible game, he's been so bad so far this season. At least last season he made himself useful with his pressing and defensive work, now he's just running around like a headless chicken. Pioli should really stop playing him and just give Hauge a chance

Tonali right now is not fit to shine Benna's shoes. The talent is there, you can see it, but he's still so raw imo, especially when using his against such a fast physical side. Add a slightly off colour Kessie next to him and at times we looked like we had a huge gaping hole in our midfield.

Krunic was just not there at all, should never have started him.

I think we'd have seen a different game if Pioli had started his best 11. I understand that he's playing these game with one eye on the league, but such heavy rotation in the most difficult game in the group is always going to put you at a disadvantage.

Leao wasn't good when he came on either. He's such a frustrating player. Just too casual.

Pioli f*cked up tremendously. You're playing against the second best team in France and you play friggin' Castillejo and Krunic? Are you out of you mind? Basically a 4-2-3-1 without wingers. Yes, we actually played 4-2-1-1 tonight. Moronic.

Don't get me started on Leao...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2020, 11:16 PM) *
Actually, the other games made me realise how bad we're becoming. This game simply sealed it.

Get real, mate. We got demolished tonight.

If you say so.

Non-existent penalty + Donna f@ck up made the result look better than it should have been.

Like I've agreed with you a million times now, yes we need to improve to get back where we were last season. I just don't understand why you're acting like it's the end of the world after each game that we've won. And yes, you are using this game as your, see I'm right moment. Like none of us see that we've had a dip since the restart.

Let's just see how we do against Verona before we starting freaking out for no reason and talking about finishing 7th.

han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2020, 11:27 PM) *
Pioli f*cked up tremendously. You're playing against the second best team in France and you play friggin' Castillejo and Krunic? Are you out of you mind? Basically a 4-2-3-1 without wingers. Yes, we actually played 4-2-1-1 tonight. Moronic.

Don't get me started on Leao...

I understand Pioli's thinking, but it just wasn't the right game to mess about so much with the line-up.

The league is the number 1 priority and I think we will continue to see Pioli make such rotation due to the depth not being so great in certain areas. But he has players like Hauge on the bench. Samu has been dog poop all season so far, why not try to give the eager kid a chance? Krunic, unfortunately will have to play since we lost out on getting Bakayoko in the summer, why he's playing him on the wing is a mystery though

Anyway, I'm still not too worried about this, the approach to the game was incorrect, and had we started with the right setup this would have gone differently. We forget that Pioli is just as inexperienced with dealing with European football as the majority of the players on this team are. There's going to be some growing pains with dealing with this fixture list.

The most important thing for me is how we reply in the league. I'm expecting a good performance against Verona before we have to play Napoli
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:31 PM) *
If you say so.

Non-existent penalty + Donna f@ck up made the result look better than it should have been.

And another handful of chances they wasted which could have made the result much worse. But let's blame it on Romagnoli and Donnarumma cos it's convenient.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2020, 11:31 PM) *
Like I've agreed with you a million times now, yes we need to improve to get back where we were last season. I just don't understand why you're acting like it's the end of the world after each game that we've won. And yes, you are using this game as your, see I'm right moment. Like none of us see that we've had a dip since the restart.

Let's just see how we do against Verona before we starting freaking out for no reason and talking about finishing 7th.

Cos I'm pissed, mate. We were on a right path and somehow we're getting lost. And I HATE the attitude the team has been showing lately. So complacent and nonchalant. Inter have been bad but at least they show determination 10x more than we do.

And I mentioned 7th place ONLY IF we don't wake up from this slumber. Otherwise that's where we're gonna end up, I'm afraid.
Danny
I will say one thing, I told you guys I didn't believe in the renaissance you all saw till we were doing it in November December.

Two bad results in the last four doesn't mean it all falls apart, but it's hardly a positive sign.

Hopefully I'm still believing in all this come a month from now.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 6 2020, 05:03 AM) *
I will say one thing, I told you guys I didn't believe in the renaissance you all saw till we were doing it in November December.

Two bad results in the last four doesn't mean it all falls apart, but it's hardly a positive sign.

Hopefully I'm still believing in all this come a month from now.

But I mean, okay I agree some people online were going crazy. But I'd say we were cautiously optimistic here. No one ever talked about the scudetto. I mean your team loses, you support it. You don't wait for the second that **** falls to say I told you say. Ofcourse critique is good but I don't know...I think this is not right mentality either. Lille played crazy good. They were able to get us good on the counters and we didn't have the usual midfield to control these situations. This will all make us learn for future situations. I'd say our centerbacks are not setup on speed so leaving them exposed against fast players wad always going to be a bad sign. Bad decisions, bad match. It happens in football, you know. Even Liverpool tasted that against much weaker opposition.

Anyway, forza milan always wink.gif
X-Offender
The problem is that we're losing momentum. I can't understand how you guys (and most Milan fans in general) seemed so chill before this game when it was blatantly obvious we were regressing with every match. There's a clear loss in concentration and motivation.

For example, we knew last night we were playing against a very tough opponent who was leading Ligue 1 until recently, yet we entered the pitch as if it was a training session. Most of the time the ball was Donna to defenders, to Kessie or Tonali, backwards pass to defenders, horizontal passing between defenders, and then eventually a long ball to nowhere land cos nobody was providing sufficient movement.

This is how you win games. You enter with determination to break the world. You constantly move throughout the pitch for the entire 90 minutes, create spaces, provide support for your teammates, attempt difficult things. None of that was present last night, and I've scarcely witnessed it in the past month or so.

Obviously Pioli's moronic player selection didn't help either, but that's a different matter.
X-Offender
Oh, and nobody please bring up the "we've been playing too many games" argument. 'Cos so have all other teams. We've even constantly rotated players to rest a few. Not to mention that we're such a young team. In fact Kjaer, who has played every game thus far and is approaching 32 was better than nearly everyone else.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 6 2020, 04:02 PM) *
The problem is that we're losing momentum. I can't understand how you guys (and most Milan fans in general) seemed so chill before this game when it was blatantly obvious we were regressing with every match. There's a clear loss in concentration and motivation.

For example, we knew last night we were playing against a very tough opponent who was leading Ligue 1 until recently, yet we entered the pitch as if it was a training session. Most of the time the ball was Donna to defenders, to Kessie or Tonali, backwards pass to defenders, horizontal passing between defenders, and then eventually a long ball to nowhere land cos nobody was providing sufficient movement.

This is how you win games. You enter with determination to break the world. You constantly move throughout the pitch for the entire 90 minutes, create spaces, provide support for your teammates, attempt difficult things. None of that was present last night, and I've scarcely witnessed it in the past month or so.

Obviously Pioli's moronic player selection didn't help either, but that's a different matter.

I have to concede that I didn't think Lille would be a threat. I thought they would be an average team. Turns out it was our toughest challenge of the season.
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 6 2020, 10:35 PM) *
I have to concede that I didn't think Lille would be a threat. I thought they would be an average team. Turns out it was our toughest challenge of the season.

This is the problem I have. We've had a few months of decent performances and results and suddenly fans are assuming we're old Milan again and a team like Lille, second in France, top of UEL group H are easy.

We're nowhere near it and teams like Lille are better than us.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 6 2020, 10:35 PM) *

You?re a fan. Pioli is a professional coach who gets paid millions. You don?t play Castillejo and Krunic in a game like this. And it?s your duty to motivate the players.

The team should have known what they were up against. Yet they entered the pitch as if they were facing another Udinese.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 6 2020, 02:02 AM) *
Being glad that your team loses... I don't know.

With the run this team had, a result like this brings the feet back on planet earth. Teaches both players and fans expectations and pressures to be managed. Glade in the sense that this euphoria is reset.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 6 2020, 02:14 AM) *
I still think we'll make top 4. Scudetto talk was always stupid

That being said, it is a loss we have to swallow, learn from it and move on. I think it will serve as a good wake up call. People were starting to sip the coolaid a bit too much

Yup, my sentiments exactly king.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2020, 06:20 PM) *
You?re a fan. Pioli is a professional coach who gets paid millions. You don?t play Castillejo and Krunic in a game like this. And it?s your duty to motivate the players.

The team should have known what they were up against. Yet they entered the pitch as if they were facing another Udinese.

Good God I think you're drastically overreacting. Look at reality. Pioli managed to stay undefeated for months, accumulating more then 20 games without even one major slip up. Come on, it was bound to happen, we all know that this isn't suddenly the Grande Milan of the 90's or 00's. It's the same whimsical, inconsistent, moody team that Pioli (and Ibra) managed to inspire somehow.

Pioli saw the table. We had 6 points out of 2 games. He took a gamble, because realistically, Europa League is a waste of time. Do we enter last 16 or last 8, I really don't give a damn. We ain't gonna win it, so I really don't care. Verona is much more important then playing against Lille.

Therefore I'm glad that this what was always bound to happen happened against Lille and (maybe) not against Verona tonight.

But what do you expect really? I mean Pioli must rotate, he must ease up the pressure on some players. Yes, you're right, we're physically and mentally falling into a slump. But let's not overreact.

I think Donna's and Hakan's renewal talks are also making things a bit harder.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2020, 06:29 PM) *
Yes, you're right, we're physically and mentally falling into a slump.

That's the worst that can happen, so how exactly am I overreacting?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 8 2020, 09:18 PM) *
That's the worst that can happen, so how exactly am I overreacting?

But it's only logical and expected for a team of our capacity and quality.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2020, 07:48 PM) *
But it's only logical and expected for a team of our capacity and quality.

Um, no it's not. It's logical and expected to lose games against much tougher opponents (say, Liverpool or Bayern) because player quality is too vast between us and them.

But physical and mental prowess has got nothing to do with it. Especially from a mentality perspective, I believe we have (not gonna say 'had' just yet) been able to make that step forward which we've miserably failed to make for the last 7-8 years. We are first after the first 7 weeks after all. That hadn't happened since 2011.

We shouldn't fall into a slump. We should react. I'm really, really hoping that the Lille defeat acted as a wake-up call, and tonight I expect a reaction worthy of Milan. Let's see...
X-Offender
Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Saelemaekers, Calhanoglu, Leao; Ibrahimovic.

Not sure why Pioli is starting Leao on the wing now that Rebic is fully fit.
han2503
Why can't we defend a f@cking set-piece to save our lives??

All the goals we've conceded bar the Lukaku goal and the last 2 against Lille have been set-pieces!
X-Offender
I can't stand Leao.
Rossoneri7
Frank the tank devil.gif
X-Offender
Kessie!!!
han2503
The set-pieces though. It's like a penalty for the opposing team at this point!!

Are they not working on these in training??
han2503
How did Theo not score that??!
han2503
Hakan needs to stop taking all the set-pieces, he's sh!t at it
X-Offender
We are sh*t at defending set pieces and we're sh*t when we're taking it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 8 2020, 09:34 PM) *
We are sh*t at defending set pieces and we're sh*t when we're taking it.

Yep, this has been my biggest worry these last few months. So many conceded goals from set-pieces, but we don't take advantage of any of ours.

Hakan should not be taking ours, he's never been prolific with them. Let Bennacer take them

Anyway. HT. I still think we can win this. Pioli needs to make the right changes at HT though. Diaz and Rebic should come in
X-Offender
Everyone is so nervous. They're really not linking well at all. Calhanoglu once again being completely off the game. And Ibra's had a bad one as well...

All that being said, Verona had two of the luckiest goals of the season.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 8 2020, 09:36 PM) *
Everyone is so nervous. They're really not linking well at all. Calhanoglu once again being completely off the game. And Ibra's had a bad one as well...

All that being said, Verona had two of the luckiest goals of the season.

Hakan is no where near where he was last season. He's dropped off a lot.

I'd put Diaz instead of him at this point, he'd create havoc as Verona are allowing space in front of their penalty area which he would take better advantage of. Rebic should come on for either Leao or Alexis

Re the goals, we're just not defending these situations well, which allows too much to the opponent.
William405
Rebic in

Good change
X-Offender
Get Hakan off FFS.
William405
Come on Ibra
X-Offender
I have no words.
William405
Let kessie take it **** this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.