Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
X-Offender
That's no penalty! Verdi hits Tonali's leg. Clearly.
Forza Milan!
VAR reversed it (not surprised)
X-Offender
Yes!! Good decision.
X-Offender
Great, more injuries.
Forza Milan!
Tonali injury. Hopefully nothing serious. Calabria back to playing as a CM.
Forza Milan!
Chala on for Diaz
X-Offender
Man, Pioli really doesn't like Brahim, does he? Hauge has been p!ss poor, yet Brahim is subbed.
Forza Milan!
Toro dangerous again. Hopefully bringing Chala in will not back-fire on us.
X-Offender
Dalot is awful. Should have played Conti.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 9 2021, 11:10 PM) *
Man, Pioli really doesn't like Brahim, does he? Hauge has been p!ss poor, yet Brahim is subbed.

I still hold hope for Hauge, he has potential but has yet to adjust to our style of playing. Diaz looked good at times, but he struggles when under pressure. Also, not sure we will be willing to pay what RM wants for him, so we are better off getting Hauge to develop.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 9 2021, 11:15 PM) *
Dalot is awful. Should have played Conti.

Not impressed by Dalot either.
Forza Milan!
We need to regain control of the game. I thought that is why we risked bringing Cala in. Toro still dominating, though.
Forza Milan!
Samu also disappointing.
Forza Milan!
Thank you, Donna !
han2503
We've barely played this 2nd half
Forza Milan!
Zlatan warming up
Forza Milan!
Samu :-(
Forza Milan!
Dangerous free kick. We are taking too many risks.
Forza Milan!
Anyone can explain the YC to Leao?
Forza Milan!
Looks like Maldini is coming on
Forza Milan!
Zlatan on !!! (And Maldini.)
han2503
Samu slows play down so much for no reason
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 9 2021, 10:31 PM) *
Anyone can explain the YC to Leao?

Dive apparently

This ref has been flashing the cards like it's christmas
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2021, 11:39 PM) *
Dive apparently

Did not look like a dive to me. Even the ESPN (anti-Milan bias) felt it was not justified.
Forza Milan!
Close call there. Again, thanks to Donna.
Forza Milan!
3 more minutes. Forza !!!
Forza Milan!
3 points !!! I guess the "sorpasso" ain't gonna happen this week either.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 9 2021, 10:40 PM) *
Did not look like a dive to me. Even the ESPN (anti-Milan bias) felt it was not justified.

I think Leao was looking for it, but this just puts is in further binds as he's suspended for the next game

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 9 2021, 10:41 PM) *
Close call there. Again, thanks to Donna.

Meh. Only real shot they have, even though we mentally checked out for the 2nd half
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 9 2021, 10:47 PM) *
3 points !!! I guess the "sorpasso" ain't gonna happen this week either.

Inter have Roma tomorrow, so this could be crucial
Forza Milan!
I guess I get to be a Sassuolo fan tomorrow.

Not sure if I want to be a Roma fan or just hope for the tie. Hard to be a Roma fan (my mom is a Lazio fan), but I would rather they win than Merda.
X-Offender
We really don't like winning easy, do we? Always switching off at random times and letting Torino play their game when in the first half they had done jackshit.

Oh well, 3 points. I'm happy.

Great to see Ibra back. Can't wait to have Bennacer and Rebic back as well.

PS 1: Calabria > Tonali. By leaps and bounds.

PS 2: I know I always speak sh*t of Castillejo, but holy crap how much has he ran today? Great work rate. But as Han pointed out, he really slows play down when in possession.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2021, 10:39 PM) *

That's what I said to myself after he booked Calabria as well. Terrible calls for yellows all around.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 9 2021, 11:39 PM) *
I feared Torino might actually hurt us, but forgot they've got Giampaolo. What a poor coach he is. May he end up in Serie B.

This guy may as well be the worst coach ever.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2021, 11:46 PM) *
Just one last point on this, I would expect a win with a full squad because Juve have been mediocre throughout the season. They beat us because they have the best squad in the league with amazing depth.

Anyway, Glad to see we look hungry and out for blood. Diaz has been great. I've said over and over, that he should be a priority to take off of Real next summer. Once this kid develops his decision making, he'll be top class.

Kessie should really have killed this at the end of the half though.

I'd take off Theo and bring in Dalot for the 2nd half, no need to risk him. The Toro players have been hitting him hard all game

Diaz was incredible. I agree, he should be a priority signing.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2021, 12:10 AM) *

I just think he sees Diaz as the backup player for Calhanoglu.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 10 2021, 12:38 AM) *
Samu slows play down so much for no reason

Because he has nothing to create.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 9 2021, 11:01 PM) *

Yeah, but why risk Calhanoglu when we were comfortably winning 2-0. At least give Brahim a boost in confidence and let him play the whole match. Especially since he was having a great game.
William405
For how long can we dismiss Leao when he's scoring almost every game he's played?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2021, 11:49 PM) *
Can we all cool it a bit on Tonali?

Let's just give him time. There's no need to put unnecessary pressure on him. Bennacer and Kessie have raised the bar to such a degree that we cannot seem to accept anything less than that.

Tonali was expected to get an easy run this season, just rotating lightly with the aforementioned duo. But he's found himself in a situation where he's important and the team is relying on him to perform. Not everyone can easily rise to the challenge, especially when in a new team.

It's me who is pressing this issue on and on. Maybe I'm overreacting. But y'all don't convince me that much either. Sure "give him time" is the regular excuse. And yes, Kessie and Bennacer have raised the bar, yet I'm not judging him according to them. I'm just saying - I don't see anything special in him so far.
X-Offender
Apparently Brahim was subbed due to some injury, I read.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 9 2021, 10:51 PM) *
We really don't like winning easy, do we? Always switching off at random times and letting Torino play their game when in the first half they had done jackshit.

PS 2: I know I always speak sh*t of Castillejo, but holy crap how much has he ran today? Great work rate. But as Han pointed out, he really slows play down when in possession.

Meh, we switched off for sure but they still didn't create much of anything

Can we just save Belotti from that hellhole next summer?

Yeah, I'm especially anxious to get Bennacer back. He's been a big miss

And I disagree re Calabria in midfield. First off, Dalot is a big question mark defensively and you could see that we lost control in midfield when Calabria was moved there. No doubt he's been amazing, and is even pulling it off in the midfield as well, but I would still be far more comfortable with Tonali in the midfield.

Agreed re Samu. He works his @ss off, win back the ball and then just f@cks everything up. I can't count the amount of times that Calabria made an inside run in the first half which would have opened up the Toro defence and instead of passing to him. Samu holds the ball and passes back or crosses. Gave me terrible flashbacks of Suso today

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 9 2021, 10:53 PM) *
That's what I said to myself after he booked Calabria as well. Terrible calls for yellows all around.

Can we appeal these cards?

He's already cost us leao for the next game, but now we also have to worry about Calabria and Romagnoli being a card away from suspension

QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 9 2021, 11:01 PM) *

I read somewhere that he had a knock. But I think Pioli decided to take him off before then

That being said, I agree that he fits more naturally as a sub to Hakan. He's never really impressed me on the wing
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2021, 12:51 AM) *

We don't like to win easily at all. This has become almost characteristic of us. But yet again, we had a solid game.

Our centerbacks (Specially Kjaer) with Donnaruma were outstanding. Specially, at certain times when they had to cover the fullback's asses. Theo, again had a bad game. He can be really be frustrating in the defensive phase sometimes.

Kessie was solid as always, and well for me Tonali did okay. Brahim has to be the man of the match, he disrupted the Torino players quite well. Castillejo, surely showed a lot of effort, Hauge too..But really nothing dangerous and quite sterile to be honest. I expect more from wingers, but oh well.

All in all 3 more points and I'm very happy!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2021, 01:08 AM) *
Apparently Brahim was subbed due to some injury, I read.

Wasn't that obvious to you? He limped off the field...
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 9 2021, 11:08 PM) *
It's me who is pressing this issue on and on. Maybe I'm overreacting. But y'all don't convince me that much either. Sure "give him time" is the regular excuse. And yes, Kessie and Bennacer have raised the bar, yet I'm not judging him according to them. I'm just saying - I don't see anything special in him so far.

And I'm not disputing that. But I don't see the benefits of turning on him just yet.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 9 2021, 11:10 PM) *

Yeah, I missed it.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 9 2021, 11:10 PM) *

I think Pioli had already made the decision to take him off even before he got that knock

Anywhoos, so happy to see us bounce back after that loss against Juve. I want to see us use it as a springboard for the rest of the season. And with a lot of players coming back within the next 10 days, this should be a perfect opportunity for us to really get our hooks into the top spot. Both Inter and Juve have some difficult fixtures coming up

We have Atalanta in a few weeks, which will be very tricky considering that they seems to have found their feet again
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2021, 11:09 PM) *
And I disagree re Calabria in midfield. First off, Dalot is a big question mark defensively and you could see that we lost control in midfield when Calabria was moved there. No doubt he's been amazing, and is even pulling it off in the midfield as well, but I would still be far more comfortable with Tonali in the midfield.

I'm not saying we should move him in midfield. Of course he's our starting RB and he should always play there. But's far better than Tonali when played as CM and I think that's blatantly obvious.

And I don't agree that we lost control because of Calabria's move. It was due to that "switching off" I mentioned earlier. If anything, Calabria was more involved than Kessie, who wasn't particularly stellar tonight. Lost way too many balls.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 10 2021, 01:08 AM) *

You have the right to have these concerns. Specially with the fee we paid.

I think confidence and adaptation, especially for youngsters, can make a very promising player look outright "normal", let's say. Maybe there will be nothing better from Tonali, the truth is we don't know. For sure, we were kind of sold the idea that we were getting the most promising Italian youngster at the moment. And, I totally understand if you don't see that at the moment.

Let's hope for the best, I guess.
han2503
Both Diaz and Tonali have suffered contusions to the ankle and calf respectively.

Let's hope they recover for Cagliari ph34r.gif

This means we could be missing Leao, Saelemakers, Rebic and Diaz all in one go against Cagliari

Hopefully Pioli plays it safe in the Coppa. I'd personally rather see us bow out than risk someone important there
han2503
Have we managed to put our best 11 on the pitch just once this season??

Our current standing is even more amazing when considering this big factor. Especially when we were written off by everyone at the start
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.