Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
X-Offender
Having Castillejo and Leao on the wings, it's like having two brainless baboons.
William405
We are severely missing our best players...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2020, 08:55 PM) *
Man, Leao is so stupid.

Also, why the hell isn't Theo playing???

Leao needs to be moved to the CF position. It's ridiculous that we're wasting both him and Rebic

Samu needs to come off ASAP. He's been slowing down all of our attacks
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2020, 08:55 PM) *
Man, Leao is so stupid.

Also, why the hell isn't Theo playing???

Muscle fatigue
X-Offender
If we can't beat this shitty Genoa side, we should cover our heads in shame.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2020, 09:39 PM) *
Leao needs to be moved to the CF position. It's ridiculous that we're wasting both him and Rebic

Samu needs to come off ASAP. He's been slowing down all of our attacks

Leao needs to GTFO this team. I can't stand him. He has no passion in his game, which is the elementary attribute that every player should have. Castillejo is sh*t, but at least he tries. Leao is just a frigging passenger.
han2503
our most important players just look really fatigued. I won't be surprised if we don't win. But I'm hoping we'll find the energy to do so

We both agree on Leao, but it's eve worse when he' playing on the wing imo
han2503
F?"$"

More points lost

Replica of the Parma game FFS
X-Offender
They scored??? laugh.gif

It was a good run, I guess...
han2503
CALABRIAAAA
X-Offender
CALABRIA!!! Love this guy.
han2503
Is there any hope of Kjear coming back for Sassuolo?

We're so exposed at the back right now
X-Offender
Oh my... rolleyes.gif
han2503
FFS Kalulu!

X-Offender
Doesn't Pioli have any shame for taking Rebic off instead of Leao?
han2503
Every cross that comes in...
han2503
Kalulu has shown his inexperience today.

This is seriously worrying if Kjear is no back by next weekend
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2020, 10:07 PM) *
Kalulu has shown his inexperience today.

This is seriously worrying if Kjear is no back by next weekend

Rather than Kalulu, we're showing the limits we have. Take off Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer and Zlatan, and we become Genoa level.
han2503
We're absolutely gassed. They can barely run
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2020, 10:10 PM) *
Rather than Kalulu, we're showing the limits we have. Take off Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer and Zlatan, and we become Genoa level.

Fatigue is also a huge factor, but you basically listed the entire backbone of the team. Take out that amount of important players for any side and they would struggle
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2020, 10:11 PM) *
Fatigue is also a huge factor, but you basically listed the entire backbone of the team. Take out that amount of important players for any side and they would struggle

Fatigue? Seriously? I don't think you quite realise how shitty Genoa are. Can't use fatigue as a justification.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2020, 10:18 PM) *
Fatigue? Seriously? I don't think you quite realise how shitty Genoa are. Can't use fatigue as a justification.

Fatigue + missing half the first team. You're being unreasonable here. Genoa are sh!t yes, but so are we due to various factors.

han2503
KALULU!!!!

Makes up for one of his f ups
han2503
Another 2 lost points... So frustrating
X-Offender
Well Han, I think this debunks your fatigue theory. We started playing after the 70th minute, because we realised we would have lost this one as well. If the team was tired, they wouldn't have had any gas by then.

The players are just not giving their all right now, it's blatantly obvious. But fatigue can never be an option, because we're not the only ones playing every 3 days.

We miss Zlatan. We need his presence back.
han2503
This is the consequence of not getting those 2 players in the summer.

Letting Bakayoko go to Napoli and not spending on a CB is what will cost us.

The team is depleted and we don't have adequate cover for critical positions.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2020, 10:42 PM) *
Well Han, I think this debunks your fatigue theory. We started playing after the 70th minute, because we realised we would have lost this one as well. If the team was tired, they wouldn't have had any gas by then.

The players are just not giving their all right now, it's blatantly obvious. But fatigue can never be an option, because we're not the only ones playing every 3 days.

We miss Zlatan. We need his presence back.

Are you saying the team is not fatigued?

We're missing half of our starters due to muscle fatigue and strains. Bennacer's injury is due to muscle fatigue that then turned into a thigh sprain FFS.

Our players have played more than any other team in Serie A. Practically playing every 3 days since September now. Fatigue is there for all to see. Sure the desperation at the end injected the extra bit of adrenaline needed not to lose this, but that's all it was.

It's not about not giving their all. Everyone is doing the best they can in the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Hakan apparently was also struggling with thigh issues before the game according to the DAZN commentator. It's just a disaster personnel wise atm. We're not even able to rotate the side as other teams are doing due to the injuries.

Sure we miss Zlatan, but we were winning comfortably without him before we lost other equally important players.

It's pointless to point fingers here. Also, we're judging Pioli's decisions on who he's taking off when he knows the situations of his players. Rebic has been running himself into the ground up there, I don't think he took him off for sh!ts and giggles.

Let's just hope we have Theo, Kjear and Ibra back next weekend because we're not going to hold on for much longer with so many starters out.

For me, I can only blame the higher ups for not giving Paolo the funds needed to give Pioli the team he wanted for the season.
han2503
Also, we're conceding these goals in identical fashion, we're pushing up the holding mids too much when we're attacking plus the FBs as well, we're leaving the 2 CBs completely exposed, add to that the Kalulu factor and it's no wonder we conceded 4 goals in the last 2 games against bad opposition. A simple cross and header each time
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 16 2020, 11:45 PM) *
Leao needs to GTFO this team. I can't stand him. He has no passion in his game, which is the elementary attribute that every player should have. Castillejo is sh*t, but at least he tries. Leao is just a frigging passenger.

Agreed on Leao

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 16 2020, 11:50 PM) *
our most important players just look really fatigued. I won't be surprised if we don't win. But I'm hoping we'll find the energy to do so

We both agree on Leao, but it's eve worse when he' playing on the wing imo

Actually no. He's much worse in central. Just disappears and never comes back plus he's leaving the central area empty during crosses.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2020, 12:05 AM) *

Perhaps he was frightened of Leao. He seems to react badly when taken off.. haha...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2020, 12:10 AM) *

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2020, 12:18 AM) *

Are you blind man? We have a limited budget and a limited team. We lack a key player in every department. Take away 4 key players and any even much better team will suffer. Then you have Milan playing with a limited roster week in and out for a month. Yes, we're fatigued. Pioli wasn't able to rotate or rest any players due to our schedule. Look at our bench for Christ sake, Maldini, Colombo, Kalulu who's starting now and a few has been's like Conti. Look at Hakan, he seems completely out of steam. Sure... we managed to push forward for the last few minutes.. that doesn't show anything.

The only miss today was Pioli taking out Rebić and not giving Diaz more time.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2020, 12:05 AM) *

I think Rebic was hurt.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 16 2020, 10:58 PM) *
Are you blind man? We have a limited budget and a limited team. We lack a key player in every department. Take away 4 key players and any even much better team will suffer. Then you have Milan playing with a limited roster week in and out for a month. Yes, we're fatigued. Pioli wasn't able to rotate or rest any players due to our schedule. Look at our bench for Christ sake, Maldini, Colombo, Kalulu who's starting now and a few has been's like Conti. Look at Hakan, he seems completely out of steam. Sure... we managed to push forward for the last few minutes.. that doesn't show anything.

The only miss today was Pioli taking out Rebić and not giving Diaz more time.

Agreed

Look at Inter, take just Lukaku out and they wouldn't even win half the games they've won.

We've lost key players in each position and in some cases their backups as well. We're a Kessie yellow away from having to play Krunic as a holding mid in the league.

This squad is thin. It's thin when everyone is fit and it's thread bare now. This is not a squad that is built for 3 competitions. And this is where the management have let Pioli down. I do hope they rectify this in January because we cannot keeps going like this or we'll drop like a rock.

The players are tired. We're risking serious injury each game at this point. Kessie and Hakan do not look like themselves because they have been playing so much. Rebic is out of position and lacking confidence atm, last season he would have buried the chance he had today. The FBs were not linking up with the wingers like they usually do. Samu is back to being sh!t. Leao is lazy, we're leaving our CB pairing completely exposed with one of them being a French Primavera RB FFS. How one can say that this is due to lack of trying is beyond me. There are many reasons for this, but lack of effort is last on the list
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 16 2020, 11:02 PM) *
I think Rebic was hurt.

Don't know, but I'm sure Pioli had his reasons. He's not Leao's biggest fan either
han2503
Also x-off

Give me one team in the league that would still be cruising if you take 4/5 of their starters out

Would Juve be winning with Ronaldo, De Ligt, Chiesa and Morata all out?

Would inter be winning with Lukaku, Barella, De Vrij and Hakimi all out?

This team has set such a standard for themselves since the restart that we're expecting the impossible from them.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, I've said the same. Any team without 4 key players would be bleeding. Just think of Milan without Sheva, Costa, Cafu and Nesta. Not to make such comparisons, but...

Oh and, Juve are actually much better without de Ligt.
X-Offender
Hold on, we won against Sampdoria without Kjaer, Bennacer and Ibrahimovic, and we were coming off the Celtic game when most of our starters played, yet we didn't win against Parma and Genoa when all of our starters had a week off?

Look, I get that players are tired, but I cannot accept fatigue as a justification. All top tier teams have been playing every three days, not just us. FFS, in the Premier League they even have 4 competitions with the two national cups. They even play on Christmas and New Year's Eve.

I'm not blind. I know the roster is thread bare, but against Genoa who had the worst attack in Serie A? Destro scoring a brace when he only had scored once in the first week? We simply were not there mentally until the 70th minute, and you cannot change my mind about that.
Danny
Form of both my teams is diving. And quite aggressively at that. Both around the same time. Not surprising at all.

PS fatigue is not an excuse - these are not men in their mid-40s. They're young men paid big money to be superfit humans.
X-Offender
Ibra and Kjaer trained individually today as well, their presence against Sassuolo is not yet certain.

Man, I think we should sacrifice them at this point. We need them like air, otherwise there's no way we're getting the 3 points in that match. And lose the top spot in the very end before the break would be kind of a blow.
X-Offender
Another muscular injury for Ibra. Bye bye in 2021.

This was bound to happen. The guy is 39 FFS!

The fact we didn't sign a CB and a FW in the summer window is biting us back in the @ss.
X-Offender
We should get Milik. Napoli are willing to sell him for 15M in January, we should totally go for him. Good player and great sub to have.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 18 2020, 07:56 PM) *
We should get Milik. Napoli are willing to sell him for 15M in January, we should totally go for him. Good player and great sub to have.

Linked to him a couple of years ago weren't we?
Fillipo Simone
Man Ibra not being there for the Juventus match seals our downward spiral I fear. Hopefully I'm wrong.
William405
Juventus are beating Parma easily 2-0...
Fillipo Simone
Juventus have a double roster compared to us. Players like Khedira who are surplus to them would be starters at Milan. I don't think we should compare ourselves with them.

Anyway, I read now that Rebić is injured as well and Roback will move to the first team. Good God, we're really going down the drain...
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 19 2020, 10:06 PM) *
Juventus have a double roster compared to us. Players like Khedira who are surplus to them would be starters at Milan. I don't think we should compare ourselves with them.

Anyway, I read now that Rebić is injured as well and Roback will move to the first team. Good God, we're really going down the drain...

It took longer than I expected, I thought the collapse would be late November.

Four dropped points, injuries all over the place - it's been nice while it lasted but the implosion starts here.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 20 2020, 05:36 AM) *
It took longer than I expected, I thought the collapse would be late November.

Four dropped points, injuries all over the place - it's been nice while it lasted but the implosion starts here.

Would not call it an implosion, but rather the league is a marathon and the teams that have the depth in squad will inevitably come out on top.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 20 2020, 12:06 AM) *

I don't think Khedira would be a starter at Milan. But, sure I agree with the general idea. We're passing through a bad streak of injuries, and with our squad already being thin, things don't look good at the moment. It's a something that the management I think is aware of, but the budget concerns are the main problem.

We'll have to dig very deep to win the game today. I'm hoping/feeling we'll have a good match.
X-Offender
Diaz starting instead of Hauge (which probably means Hakan on the left).

Pioli really baffles me sometimes with his decisions. Diaz has been abysmal lately, whereas the good Hauge gets the bench because reasons.

It'll be hard to get any points today, but let's hope and see.
William405
Leaooll!!!
X-Offender
That's got to be the fastest goal I've ever seen. 7 seconds FFS!!!
han2503
WTF

Why was that removed?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 20 2020, 03:14 PM) *
WTF

Why was that removed?

Saele was offside FFS!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.