Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2020/2021 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
William405
Krunic!!!!!!!!
X-Offender
Holy sh*t Krunic.
X-Offender
Surprisingly decent first half. I was expecting a shitshow.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2021, 05:48 PM) *
Surprisingly decent first half. I was expecting a shitshow.

Yeah, we need that second goal though.
William405
DALOTTT
X-Offender
Dalot!!! What is going on??? laugh.gif
William405
Saelmakers showing his dynamism.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2021, 06:11 PM) *
Dalot!!! What is going on??? laugh.gif

I don't know lol
han2503
Should have had more tbh

Very good overall performance.

I'm impressed tbh. Considering all the injuries.

Maybe the fresh legs helped here...
han2503
Saele and Kessie are such work horses

Calabria with another very good performance
William405
This is the dynamic type of football that carried us all this time.
X-Offender
It's baffling how even in a team full of reserves who are performing so well, Leao is still appalling. What a waste of shirt. Please sell him in the summer.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2021, 06:34 PM) *
It's baffling how even in a team full of reserves who are performing so well, Leao is still appalling. What a waste of shirt. Please sell him in the summer.

Yeah I mean, I don't like fixating on one player, but he's been so bad. So casual when he's back in the defensive phase too.
han2503
3 massive points.

han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 7 2021, 04:43 PM) *
Yeah I mean, I don't like fixating on one player, but he's been so bad. So casual when he's back in the defensive phase too.

He's always that way. It's not going to change, even his decision making when he did have the ball wasn't good

Can't wait to get Ibra or at least Mandzukic back

X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 7 2021, 04:55 PM) *
3 massive points.

Massive indeed. Never dreamt we'd win considering the injury list. Perhaps this goes to show that maybe some starters have been slacking off lately.

Great to get the 3 points and stay clear of that 5th spot. Ironically we'd be better off if Inter wins tomorrow vs Atalanta but I want the f*ckers to lose.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2021, 05:00 PM) *
Massive indeed. Never dreamt we'd win considering the injury list. Perhaps this goes to show that maybe some starters have been slacking off lately.

Great to get the 3 points and stay clear of that 5th spot. Ironically we'd be better off if Inter wins tomorrow vs Atalanta but I want the f*ckers to lose.

I think the fact that there were fresher legs in there is what helped rather than players slacking off. It's clear some players are being run into the ground at this point. Kessie seems to be the only on who can physically handle it. The muscle injuries and muscle fatigue issues which have been cropping up since October/November are testament to this. Pioli tried to start off the season with rotation but injuries and Covid forced his hand.

Heads have been dropping since we returned from the winter break. And subsequently the performances have also dropped. It doesn't help that every time we thing we're getting some semblance of a full squad back we lose important players again.

It was great seeing the confidence back in our play, we pressed effectively rather than chasing shadows that contributed to even more fatigue. We moved the ball better and we defended better. Sometimes a bit of a shake up helps to freshen things up, even if it was forced upon us.

Re inter, I'd rather they lose as well. Atalanta are a very choppy side, so they'll continue to lose points, just like Roma and Lazio will also do. Inter need to get a bit of a kick in the teeth. They're flying high atm, a good demoralising loss would be just what the doctor ordered Plus we'd be back to within 3 points of them with Napoli next.
Rossoneri7
Watching City VS United, United to an explosive start.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 7 2021, 05:33 PM) *
Watching City VS United, United to an explosive start.

Didn't know that was on. Will check them out. I've barely watched any EPL this season tbh
William405
United will be a big challenge.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 7 2021, 06:52 PM) *
United will be a big challenge.

They're good. Strangely enough, they have a similar record to us in terms of being very good away from home and so so at home

Rashford could be out of the game against us. Had to come off just a few minutes ago
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 7 2021, 09:09 PM) *
They're good. Strangely enough, they have a similar record to us in terms of being very good away from home and so so at home

Rashford could be out of the game against us. Had to come off just a few minutes ago

We suffer usually against premier league teams, so I'm a bit worried. Specially, with our current condition.
X-Offender
I have no idea what to expect from that match. They just beat City and are second. We've been having a very off period and we're full of injuries. Can we play on par? Will they mop the floor with us? Buh...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2021, 10:10 PM) *
I have no idea what to expect from that match. They just beat City and are second. We've been having a very off period and we're full of injuries. Can we play on par? Will they mop the floor with us? Buh...

Do you know if we'll have any players back for it?

At least we give it our best shot

United are also an up and down team, hey can be great one day and absolute sh!t the next according to what I've read recently.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 7 2021, 10:17 PM) *

United are also an up and down team, hey can be great one day and absolute sh!t the next according to what I've read recently.

Theo, Rebic and Tonali should be back AFAIK.
William405
Watching Inter Atalanta
X-Offender
That's the difference between us and them. Win against us. Win against Juve. Win against Atalanta. Whilst we crumbled 9 goals vs 1 against those teams.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 9 2021, 12:39 AM) *
That's the difference between us and them. Win against us. Win against Juve. Win against Atalanta. Whilst we crumbled 9 goals vs 1 against those teams.

They weren't exceptional but got the job done. At this point, the Scudetto is theirs to lose... if it wasn't obvious before.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 8 2021, 10:44 PM) *
They weren't exceptional but got the job done. At this point, the Scudetto is theirs to lose... if it wasn't obvious before.

Atalanta were the better team but they're scrapping wins now. Even against Parma they were pretty bad but got the job done

Yeah. Scudetto is theirs now.

We should still be aiming to push them as far as possible rather then going for the defeatist attitude of managing a top 4 spot
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 7 2021, 10:17 PM) *

Checked their 2021 league stats: 6 wins, 6 draws and 1 loss. 24 points in total. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

On the other hand we've had 7 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses. 22 points with one game less.
Rossoneri7
Juve almost knocked out of CL, so the top two spots in the league will definitely be somewhere they will be competing for.

They also have a game in hand in Serie A.
Rossoneri7
Juve still very much in it, thanks to a Porto red and pep talk from Pirlo at half time.

Also Chiesa is a beast!
CrazyMilanFan
we have only leao as striker today.
William405
We are controlling well the game
William405
Kjaer!!!!!!
CrazyMilanFan
Deserved equalizer. We were better team and a goal wrongly disallowed
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 11 2021, 08:49 PM) *
Deserved equalizer. We were better team and a goal wrongly disallowed

Had we not been toothless upfront we would have cruised this

But overall, another excellent display. Especially considering all the missing players.

Big brain fart on the conceded goal. Looked like everyone took a momentary nap there.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 11 2021, 10:52 PM) *
Had we not been toothless upfront we would have cruised this

But overall, another excellent display. Especially considering all the missing players.

Big brain fart on the conceded goal. Looked like everyone took a momentary nap there.

Leao.. he is not a center forward and will never be. Strikers habe instincts he will never have. Best to play him as a left winger...or sell him
X-Offender
Couldn't watch the game but I'm very pleased to hear that we played well. Great result.
X-Offender
Watching the highlights. WTF, how was that a handball????
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 11 2021, 09:49 PM) *
Watching the highlights. WTF, how was that a handball????

Yeah, to take off that goal for handball was daylight robbery

Kessie with another brilliant game though. Incredibly unlucky to have that notched off
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 11 2021, 09:24 PM) *
Couldn't watch the game but I'm very pleased to hear that we played well. Great result.

Yeah, it feels like we're re discovering the rhythm we had last season post lock down

Much more fluid, quick, better pressing, better defensive shape. We just need the attackers to get back in. Had Theo and Rebic been on that left side, we'd have embarrassed Man U. The way a vanilla left side made up of Krunic and Dalot got through.

If we can get some players back for the 2nd leg, we'll take them out

I just loved watching the post game on BT Sports. They totally underestimated us. Thought we were just missing Ibra. And they're still very much confident that United will get through

If we can continue to build on what we've shown these past 2 weeks. We'll close out the season well. We just need to get players back healthy and keep them that way
han2503
Btw, just want to mention Meite. He's been improving steadily. Very good at keeping the ball and moving himself into spaces. Plus he generally releases the ball very well. Him and Kessie are forming a very good partnership imo.

He started shakily, and we all got on his back. But he is starting to really find his feat

If you asked me just 3 weeks ago who I'd keep from our loanees. I'd have said, just Tomori. But Meite is making a real case. While Diaz is would be a great luxury signing. However, I can't see us spending big on him. Especially if we exercise our right on Tomori

And at this point it would make absolutely no sense not to take the option. Yes the fee is a bit high, but comparatively to other players we've looked at, it's basically the same. Plus he comes with the added bonus of already knowing that he fits in well with the group. And has a very high ceiling. Plus he's English. And I know x-off doesn't like it when I mention selling our stars but it's a fact we'll have to live with in the future. And Tomori would demand an astronomical fee if he fulfills the potential that is obvious to see. Something Milenkovic and the other players we're linked with wouldn't be able to do imo
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 11 2021, 09:56 PM) *
Yeah, to take off that goal for handball was daylight robbery

Kessie with another brilliant game though. Incredibly unlucky to have that notched off

It was scandalous. I'm surprised no one from the club said anything about it. I would have come out with an official statement condemning the VAR official.

It's one thing when the ref doesn't see it on the pitch, it's another when you can watch it a hundred times from every possible angle on slow motion. And yet you decide to revoke the goal because of handball? What fucking handball??? He stopped it with his chest, it was so blatantly obvious.

You can't just make such foolish decisions on a whim. That would have been a very important goal for us.

I'm very pissed off. Fucking UEFA man, I tell you...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 12 2021, 12:23 AM) *
It was scandalous. I'm surprised no one from the club said anything about it. I would have come out with an official statement condemning the VAR official.

It's one thing when the ref doesn't see it on the pitch, it's another when you can watch it a hundred times from every possible angle on slow motion. And yet you decide to revoke the goal because of handball? What fucking handball??? He stopped it with his chest, it was so blatantly obvious.

You can't just make such foolish decisions on a whim. That would have been a very important goal for us.

I'm very pissed off. Fucking UEFA man, I tell you...

And top top it off, in all the camera angles given, you can't really see it properly. So there is the clear element of doubt there. Not even the Man U players who were right in front of Kessie said anything
han2503
Kjaer is apparently not fit enough to start tonight so Gabbia will replace him. FFS. We absolutely cannot catch a break this season
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 14 2021, 07:42 PM) *
Kjaer is apparently not fit enough to start tonight so Gabbia will replace him. FFS. We absolutely cannot catch a break this season

Napoli has injuries too.

Good start.
William405
Wtf our cbs are doing
CrazyMilanFan
Dalot vs insigne is not looking good. And that was a second yellow..
William405
I would go gun's blazing if I was Pioli, put in Salemakers and Rebic in at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.